This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Fabrizio Against the Heat, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On the Street....Fabrizio Against the Heat, Paris


Comments on "On the Street....Fabrizio Against the Heat, Paris"

 

Anonymous MIA said ... (11:06 AM) : 

very elegant and simple.

 

Blogger becca said ... (11:09 AM) : 

his hair is amazing.

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (11:11 AM) : 

the slicked hair and the glasses are great, but I would expect the clothes to be more appropriate for cooler weather...

If it were me, I'd lose the sweater and the blazer.

 

Blogger I'm a mean street kid. said ... (11:12 AM) : 

such a sleek hair do! so suave

 

Blogger Audi said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Is there a men's sock shortage in Europe? Whenever I see this look, all I can think about are sweaty feet and blisters.

 

Blogger beths said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Hot town, summer in the city, front of my neck gettin' dirt and gritty.

But seriously, I must tip my hand here in favor of less precious, less posed shots. I like the elements in this ensemble, but I've had enough of leather shoes with no socks + rolled trousers that are just a bit too snug for a hot day. Always enjoy the blog and most shots are well worth the ensuing conversation.

 

Anonymous StreetstyleNews said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Seems as he doesn't care much about the heat...

http://follow.StreetstyleNews.com

 

Anonymous style odyssey said ... (11:18 AM) : 

it's charming what he's done with his pants....a real casual look that truly says "summer".

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Nice! I like his style, very lovely!

 

Anonymous skux said ... (11:20 AM) : 

dayum boi

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (11:21 AM) : 

I love his shades!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:28 AM) : 

What a stylish gentleman! I love his shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

LOVE the blue cardigan. Especially with the khakis and button up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Love the shoes!!! And the shirt!

Mr.G

Blog it! >> http://fashionmeetscologne.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger nurse fiction said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I wish he would appear here oftenfrequently.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (11:34 AM) : 

he's got it beat!

 

Anonymous manuel said ... (11:36 AM) : 

gotta love the bold white socks

 

Blogger Maison.Marie said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Dear Sartorialist,
I got your book yesterday from Amazon!
Before anything else, I prepared the ambience to “consume” it: a glass of a good Argentinean Malbec, a nice and comfortable seat outside in my garden, and then my fingers slowly caressed every single page, stopping to admire each photo… thank you for sharing your world view!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I want his sunglasses.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:55 AM) : 

coolness! i really like the bottom look . wish i had those plaid pants!

 

Anonymous The Stylist said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Llove the shades. He's a handsome devil.

 

Anonymous Elaine said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I love the rolled up pants legs, and much prefer the barefoot look to the white socks. The slicked back hair with the reddish hues is quite interesting, as is his beard. I prefer the background in the second photo than in the first.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

He's one of the most amazing, charming and elegant brazilian boy.....

David from Natal.

 

Blogger Mateo said ... (12:10 PM) : 

He's definitely made the look work for him; an aesthetic that is close to his identity (I'm, of course, projecting). Super cool!

 

Blogger C. Geissler said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I think I've seen this guy, isn't he Dr. Pozzi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Fabrizio!!! You can do no wrong!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

a bit much.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

love the pants and the shoes in the 2nd photo

 

Blogger ♥ Maria ♥ said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I love how he pulls off the no-socks look. My husband would look weird but this guy pulls it off.

Btw, I am reading my brand new The Sartorialist book. I am savoring every page, enjoying the beauty of each photo. Wonderful! More power!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I think he has a cool stance in the second photo. I noticed the rolled up pants legs and I really love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

the beard is too cared, and this guy doesn't look smart at all.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (1:07 PM) : 

He is allways looking amazing!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

This is beautiful !
i love the blue wash agaisnt the striped blue shirt.
the rolled pants are fantastic, but i really think only a few guys can pull it off.

 

Anonymous Macy said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Cold enough for cardigan and jacket, but too hot for socks??

 

Blogger Neezy said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Nice outfits, but his hair pisses me off...

heartofayoungdynamic.blogspot.com

heartofayoungdynamic.blogspot.com

 

Blogger amalie said ... (1:29 PM) : 

nice & classic. loove it

 

Anonymous Bruno said ... (1:29 PM) : 

This is the first time I see him in a look in which I don´t get the feeling that hes's trying too hard. Nice.
And Go Brazil!

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (1:45 PM) : 

If this is Mr Delhomme, then hehee.

Amazing shot, as usual. I love the tan shoes!

 

Blogger dd1504 said ... (1:58 PM) : 

White socks? Unacceptable, unless playing tennis

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

this look works for young, tall, lean, handsome men...for those of us who are none of those things, it would be an utter fail. what about shots of older, short, stout men?

 

Blogger J. said ... (2:04 PM) : 

so classy!! I absolutely love the second look! I'm going to create a female look that is equivalent to it...(because I'm not a man :)

 

Blogger youknowhatosay said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Love his hair.

Amazing

 

Blogger dani said ... (2:07 PM) : 

what's the brand of the shoes????
thanks

 

Anonymous Clément Treboux said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Paris, Paris, Paris.
Simple & Elegant.. those looks are perfect!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (2:25 PM) : 

I like the first example. A cardigan can truly substitute for a jacket in casual circumstances; a certain store I like makes one in a wool/cotton blend. I am waiting for the right price!!!

For the second outfit, I am glad to see a few band collars here and there. I have to agree with previous comments, that, if the day is that hot, lose the jacket before you lose the socks. Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger ROXY MARJ said ... (3:05 PM) : 

this is great! If I was a man, I would dress almost exactly like this...:)

 

Blogger Samantha Hutchinson said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Love the blue sweater and the shades.

 

Blogger kaś said ... (3:37 PM) : 

And Fabrizio is winning.

I love his facial hair. I'm so sick of seeing big fluffy dirty hippie beards. This goes to show it IS possible to grow a nice full-bodied beard without looking unkempt/like Tarzan.

 

Anonymous Queenie Rosher said ... (3:42 PM) : 

i love the rolled trousers and the brogues

http://queenierosher.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Fredrik said ... (4:13 PM) : 

The first picture is great but what's the deal with his hair?

Fredrik

ourclothes.blogg.se

 

Anonymous Kate said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Too costume-y. He looks over done.

 

Anonymous Ed said ... (4:23 PM) : 

I feel badly to be the voice of dissent, but I just don't like the rolled trousers, the lack of socks, the hair... just not appealing to me. Still, I will give him props for having his own sense of style.

 

Anonymous Antonio Barros said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Fabrizio is amazing! I know him for a few years and he is always dressed so well!
I'm happy to see him here!

the singular

 

Anonymous michael said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Shoes are Dries Van Noten I believe, trousers in the second pic may be as well.

 

Blogger S. said ... (5:36 PM) : 

IN THE HEAT?!!

 

Blogger chauss said ... (5:44 PM) : 

perfect looks for polish in hot weather. :)

ckparis.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

i think that hairstyle looks odd with facial hair. anyone else agree?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:46 PM) : 

The brazilian elegant boy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Bingo~!

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (6:10 PM) : 

he certainly looks like a character :) i love it when guys wear those shoes with out socks!

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Love the rolled up trousers! So effortless!


http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous all that sparkles might be sequins said ... (6:48 PM) : 

oh that is nice..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

just hate everything in this look, besides the shirts and jackets!!

 

Anonymous Kevin Kafesu said ... (7:04 PM) : 

What an amazing look, I have the same gucci shoes as him aswel!

 

Blogger Nandi said ... (7:06 PM) : 

*Crisp and elegant. :)

www.mnandi-nandi.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Sad eyed lady of the lowlands said ... (7:16 PM) : 

A brazilian legend!!!

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Great John Lennon-glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

I love the way his hair has become another accessory - the shine and the colour are a perfect match for his shoes. While I love both the top and bottom halves as separate elements, for me the look is not balanced. All the bulk is above the waist. He's a bit like a cathedral on stilts. But those pants: my, they're gorgeous.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:50 PM) : 

He's pretty hot, in more ways than one. Lose the wool pants and sweater and jacket in the middle of summer and it might help. He is well dressed but probably very itchy and sweaty.

 

Blogger LHFC said ... (8:33 PM) : 

he couldnt resist the heat if he tried, it appears to be his entire aura! he is incredible

 

Blogger Sarah Bee said ... (8:36 PM) : 

That second look. Words don't even justify his amazing style.

www.lipglossmanetoss.blogspot.com

 

Blogger bOra said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Outfit aside, I like the glint in his eyes. (first picture)

 

Blogger Brett Johnson said ... (9:51 PM) : 

The latter is a example of a great look done well. Any man can take pointers from this and learn something.

 

Blogger Pituca said ... (10:18 PM) : 

The brazilian very very elegant boy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 PM) : 

FABRIZIO ROLLO
EDITOR OF VOGUE BRAZIL

 

Blogger Pituca said ... (10:24 PM) : 

chic=fabrizio

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

The most classic sunglasses. Love 'em!

 

Anonymous holly said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Some guys just have the cool vibe...You jusr got to love Paris

 

Blogger seawallrunner said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I *love* his hair. He has a cool allure, dresses nicely - but oh, the hair! reminds me of Argentinian and Brazilian men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I'm having a hard time buying this silhouette, the pants are being worn lowish and are not tight but definitely trim, with the semi-constructed shoulder it all looks ungainly to me. And if you are gonna rock the ankles how about some nice leather sandals, or God forbid a classy sneaker. Nice beard though,
(beards are smooth! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM) : 

Who makes those sunglasses?

 

Blogger Rafe New York said ... (12:42 AM) : 

I'm loving his look. He's one of your regulars isn't he.
http://rafeloves.rafe.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 AM) : 

He looks good, but what to do about smelly feet in the heat with no socks?

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:26 AM) : 

Cuffing the pants makes him look a bit out of proportion; I mean his head looks so big in comparison with the rest of him. Maybe shortening the beard could help too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 AM) : 

I really like it, but then again I feel like I've seen this same style a million times, you know? Definitely classy, definitely sexy and refined, but then again it's nothing....new. Great photos, but feel like I've seen it before.

 

Blogger JouJou Loves You said ... (1:56 AM) : 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that his ankles are showing.

 

Blogger Max said ... (2:08 AM) : 

Those sunglasses = A+

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

I'm uncomfortable looking at him.
He just cares a little too much don't you think?
His clothes are always great though.
Maybe you have to be there!

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (3:59 AM) : 

mmmmm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

im having deja vu from 8 days ago...
love the cardi though - great colour
and the brogues!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:58 AM) : 

OK. I'm over the shots of men with pants that are too short (rolled up or not), lace up shoes without socks and this guy has the oddest hair!

 

Blogger Stephon said ... (8:12 AM) : 

CHARISMA !!!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (8:38 AM) : 

it amazes me when i see people looking this cool and composed in the heat. i know for a fact that i'd be hard-pressed to maintain a matte-cool complexion in late summer humidity!

something abut his hair and sunglasses reminds me of the late great edward gorey. a very eccentric chic fellow! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:47 AM) : 

He looks good as usual, but hardly dressed for a hot summers day, more appropriate for a spring day. I am certain he must have been hot in that sweater and jacket and clamoring to find an air conditioned space to get into.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Its amazing how put together he can look when its so hot.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Urban Flaneur said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I think the rolled-up trousers in both pics convey an informal note that makes the look quite particular

 

Blogger Lucas Jones said ... (9:47 AM) : 

that cardigan is absolutely perfect. and his beard so heroic yet well kept! ugh, everything is just the way it should be. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Love that look especially the shoes

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Love the glasses on the top one... the outfit on the bottom one but can't see the shoes on the one in the top... Too bad.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Love Fabrizio, I actually ran into him this summer near the Quai D'Orsay. I would not have recognized him but for your wonderful portraits Sart. He is as striking in person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Crosses over the line from being casually cool to a contrived, 'trying too hard' look. I do like the blue cardy though.

I too am getting tired of the tight, rolled up trouser/maxi shorts a lot of the guys who show up on this blog are wearing. I find the look a bit emasculating actually.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Anton Chigurh a la Sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

In the second shot he looks like Apollo about to kick someone's arse thinking whether his turn-ups are going to tear in the process.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Tony Post No Bills | Washington DC said ... (9:25 PM) : 

The plaid pants and the shoes are cool. Best neccessity this summer... water.

 

Blogger J.Teheren said ... (10:09 PM) : 

His overt self assurance gives him the most masculine tone with a splash of style. Really digging his threads and demeanor here.

 

Blogger Martini said ... (10:56 PM) : 

I love his style. So elegant, yet in some ways singular.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Finally i like this shoes without socks...but is confortable?

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (11:59 PM) : 

BIG BEARD LOOKS SMOKIN....









XX
CHICMUSE

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (4:45 AM) : 

A bit too hot to be wearing a shirt and a cardigan (and also a scarf?)!!

But I love his glasses. If anyone could tell me where they're from...?

 

Anonymous SuckMySavvy.com said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Jason Schwartzman in 8 years.
Great texture to the cardigan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Love his confidence, however the plaid rolled pants remind me of men's pyjamas circa 1992; the kind worn to class in college.

 

Anonymous Hector said ... (6:55 AM) : 

Hi elegant people!! I know this guy!! Is Fabrizio Rollo from VOGUE BRAZIL!! The Real Gentleman!!

 

Blogger Gary K. said ... (8:17 AM) : 

All I can think when see sockless shoes is blisters and smelly feet. Not appealing to me. And the rolled cuffs is really getting overdone these done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Another Italian over fitted, over tailored jacket. Yep,it might be the trend, but the jacket makes his head look four larger than the average. The rolled up pants are, well, cool. But the proportion of the outfit? On the other hand, the outfit is sort of a conceptual statement about proportion and it's impact on the visual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

why can't anyone imagine he's wearing peds (or he is suffering for fashion) WHO CARES?? Who looks at this photo and thinks of his comfort - he looks perfect and socks would ruin the casual elegance. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I don't understand the beard

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Fabrizio is the only person in the WORLD who I know who packs each item of clothing with bubble wrap. DEDI-CATION!

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (6:23 PM) : 

I think he would look più molto bene if he trimmed his beard into a more structred shape. Really, I do. Does anyone else feel the same?

 

Anonymous an said ... (11:32 PM) : 

my favorite "character" on your blog. ever.

 

Anonymous lepopblog said ... (1:12 AM) : 

i love the plaid pants rolled up! very smart shoes too. i would love to wear this look in a fitted women's style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Fabrizio - you are a style god! Love what you've done not only in this shot but through all the shots that are of you on the Sartorialist blog. True inspiration!

 

Anonymous Buy Wow Gold said ... (5:49 AM) : 

Fantastic Blog. I liked it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Very nice shoes...which really save the day...which started with the wrong (sockless) foot...but..
What is it with the sans socks thing..? Should we wait 5 or more years before we could say, what were they thinking??!!
xavier

 

Anonymous Alessandro said ... (1:10 PM) : 

A' la recherche du temps perdu....the beard, the stance, the style. He reminds me of Marcel Proust. All he needs to complete the look (it's so uncanny that I wonder whether it's done on purpose) is a delicious madeleine from Combray.

 

Anonymous Kat said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Very suave. The hair, and the sunglasses, and the outfits, very sophisticated.

 

Anonymous Blank Label said ... (2:35 AM) : 

RE: last picture

love the pants, esp. rolled up to show the daring move of no socks with really awesome brown tone-on-tone leather shoes

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (5:16 AM) : 

Mmmm cuffed trousers...awesome.

Perfect menswear.

http://thesophisticat.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Le 21ème said ... (1:17 AM) : 

He has ALWAYS been one of the blog's best!

- le 21ème

 

Blogger Giovana said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Tres Chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

he freaks me out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

No. More. Ankles.

 

Blogger patricia brandao said ... (1:42 AM) : 

Darling , you are our glamour boy , very chic , bjsssssssss

 

Anonymous Balia Lebeis said ... (11:03 PM) : 

You are so beautiful !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

He gets high marks for hair and beard, but I guess I'm the only person in the world who thinks that the the look in pic#2 isn't flattering.

 

Blogger Katya said ... (7:18 AM) : 

He is very very handsome!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

He is always in Brazilian VOGUE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

He's Argentino very chic!

 

Blogger Nicki said ... (3:40 PM) : 

It's cool, but his pose and austere look makes me think he spends too much time on himself in the morning.

 

Anonymous Archibald said ... (7:47 AM) : 

But, that man look so tiny?

And, quoting Cator Sparks above: "packs each item of clothing with bubble wrap"...

No matter the looks, style comes from within. To me, it's rarely coated with bubble wrap, at any time?

 

Anonymous SubPow said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Like it all but the roll up

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

He's Brazilian! So handsome!

 

Anonymous Du²Glam said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Brazilian Glam!

Amazing Fabrizio!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

The most fashionable men in Brazil!!!!Iam a fan of Fabrizio...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 AM) : 

wow he is so great at crossing his legs.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Anyone have an idea of who made his glasses? They are killin'.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting