This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... The Next Step, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 06, 2009

On the Street.... The Next Step, Florence

Comments on "On the Street.... The Next Step, Florence"

 

Anonymous olafgermany said ... (5:40 PM) : 

I love it. He reminds me of Stefano Pilati. Where can I find these "trousers" ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Mother of God. Jesus wept

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

oh dear.

 

Blogger Peter said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Ewwww

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Theres baggy shorts...and then theres shorts that just look like a giant bag.

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I immediately think Allen Ginsburg India Buddhism -- it throws me for an imaginative loop.

I bet those pants are comfortable. And whats up with the shoes? I can't figure out what they are exactly...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

The next step...towards what?

 

Anonymous Patrick said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Is this the fabulous and ultra sexy Mr. Tony Ward? Whoever he is he can carry anything off with that face. Ogling aside, great pants and such fascinating footwear.

 

Anonymous k. said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I LOVE the influence here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JNCO

 

Blogger André R. said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I've bought trousers just like those in Osklen's last years summer collection

 

Blogger Janne said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Sorry, no. Interesting, perhaps, but not stylish. What happened to the proportions? Also the shoes look two sizes too small.

 

Blogger Hickers said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Not to be worn on a windy day on the north east coast of England! Super cool for the beaches of southern Europe though.

 

Blogger de la coco said ... (6:14 PM) : 

oh wow, i love the feel of this photo--- very casual cool
xoxo
delacoco

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Too Seattle for my taste.

Full disclosure: I live in Seattle

 

Anonymous Brazyl´s man said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Nice tattoos!!

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (6:24 PM) : 

that is so crazy! I love it.

 

Blogger brittney said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Ahaha I love this blog SO much. Its such a cool idea, and you do so well with it. Your writing, pictures, and the variety of people you select makes this blog priceless. I just started a blog of mine, mainly a photography and fashion blog (photographicfashion.blogspot.com), but its nothing near as cool as yours! I love how you travel all over the place too, its very interesting to see how people dress from across the country.

Sorry this is a long comment! ahaha
-Brittney

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I don't understand this.

 

Anonymous Tree said ... (6:26 PM) : 

They're from Umit Benan's new collection, either that or the model from the lookbook has ran off with them!!!

 

Anonymous Hannah said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Awesome - he carries the look very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

I have a feeling the beard is crucial in pulling off this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 PM) : 

reminds one of japanese workman pants.

ehh...so-so

 

Anonymous Antonio Barros said ... (6:35 PM) : 

The pants/shorts are really cool!!!

http://thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous sacha said ... (6:47 PM) : 

He is Umit Benan.
you can see his new collection here:
http://www.umitbenan.com/ub/collections/cuba

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Cat Stevens meets M.C. Hammer? I'm confused.

 

Anonymous Martin said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I have a recurrent dream in which I'm wearing something like this while trying to get home on a busy Friday afternoon and wondering, will I make it?

 

Blogger Baek said ... (7:02 PM) : 

hmmm...i have to think about this one
i like his sunglasses, t shirt
and everything but his pants..
too baggy

 

Blogger seawallrunner said ... (7:11 PM) : 

flying squirrel pants!

reminds me of the daring athletes who hurtle themselves from cliffs - the next stage of paragliding.

More wind for him! But this fashion is not for me.

 

Anonymous Sido said ... (7:31 PM) : 

A little weirded out by the beard and espadrilles, but there is something strangely chic about the look. But I think it only works in this exact pose. Imagine if he were sitting and the effect is blown.

 

Blogger J.R. said ... (7:45 PM) : 

It's a very laid back look. I wouldn't try out those particular pants but maybe something along those lines if they ever come out. These ones just look like "pre extreme diet" pants with an elastic waste. I love the collar of the t-shirt as well as the tattoos and bracelets.

 

Blogger teresa said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Things I think I know:

1. He is a good looking man (despite, or perhaps because of the ironic beard).
2. He's got a nicely proportioned body from the waist up.

3. He looks like he has cartoon legs from the waist down.

4. Pants: They're too short, and too long all at the same time.

5. He wore his wife's shoes today. I like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Ah . . . what?

 

Blogger ita darling. said ... (8:00 PM) : 

YES PLEASE. I actually gasped out loud when this picture popped up in my RSS. Then I had to click on the site to blow it up. This man looks in-credible. Not too Hippie. Not wearing an urban kilt, not too fussy,a little rock in roll, and kinda like Luke Wilson (yum).

Who is he and is he single?

 

Blogger m1229m said ... (8:07 PM) : 

i'm not sure i'm feeling this one..........

 

Blogger beths said ... (8:08 PM) : 

The shoes are espadrilles, no? They fit; it's the trousers two sizes too large.

I like everything--face, tattoos, shirt, shoes, setting--except the pants. I think I'd rather see a Speedo and his legs!

 

Anonymous Amy Michel said ... (8:30 PM) : 

In a word, hot.

 

Blogger Well Done said ... (8:31 PM) : 

I don't like the low crotch, but...good summer shoes.

 

Blogger Joan said ... (8:56 PM) : 

I don't know if I'm ready for and sort of harem type pants/shorts on the guys yet...

 

Blogger Colina Terui said ... (8:58 PM) : 

I think the shoes are espadrilles. Those pants look like a grocery bag, not sure if thats good or bad...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

He looks as though he has very short legs for my mind but I love the beard and the colours and the casual flair..

And he stands tall.. with his short legged look..

 

Blogger ikanbilis said ... (9:03 PM) : 

i bought these kind of pants in Bangkok flea market for less than 10 bucks. And comfy they were. Trendy too, if you have the right match of everything.

 

Blogger Mod Paul said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Sorry but I'm not havin it. STOP HAMMER TIME! comes to mind. HAHAHA.. I know we all need to do our own thing trust me I'm as silly as the next bloke, but the pants gotta go. Sorry my son.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

He seems to be ready for my tai chi class :)

 

Blogger raj said ... (9:36 PM) : 

The proportions remind me of Thai fisherman pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

I think these are Japanese pants. Quite popular for women in Indian stores right now.

 

Blogger nanashi said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Absolutely love the pants!!!! Reminds me of Yohji, the proportions are perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

this looks like something i would have worn in middle school circa 1998

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (10:34 PM) : 

I love the bracelets though!

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (10:37 PM) : 

It's all about the espadrilles...and wide khaki!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I actually kind of like these pants but not with this outfit.

 

Blogger crowsfeet said ... (10:49 PM) : 

100% wedgie proof.

like it.

 

Anonymous holly said ... (11:06 PM) : 

He looks very comfortable with his look...Matter of fact I think he might own this one ;)

 

Blogger Evan said ... (11:11 PM) : 

I really enjoyed this post. The pants are so fantastic. Is anyone else with me on maybe no elastic in the waist? Love the khaki but I would have shortened the hem an inch. I'd like to see them with a tonal mid thigh length jalaba. Maybe in all linen?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

This is Benan. And this guy is the new deal. Normally I judge people who dress like this as trying too hard and being "fashionistas"- so Janne, most of everyone else who posted, I understand what you're saying- this isn't classically stylish. (People dress like this in Seattle!?) However, take the time to look at his fall collection preview for '09. You'll quickly see that he does have a very classic sense of style as well as this more eccentric personal taste (please note the somehow masculine leggings).

My first thought seeing this: I can't believe this is the same guy designing those beautiful three piece suits! All the b.s. about him growing the beard and how this relates to some story about how the clothing is more about the inside than the external blah blah- it's a cute pr story. But look at the clothing, the classic jackets, duffle coats- Hell the new Cuba line has this badass linen mechanic's overalls thing. It Is Freakin' Awesome. This guy should seriously be welcomed into "fashion"- he's all the classic masculinity that's missing from it, in my opinion. And you know what? He looks pretty chill wearing these absurd pants anyway.

By the way I haven't seen any of this stuff in person. It could be total garbage ;)

 

Blogger Creative Silence said ... (11:48 PM) : 

I think this is Umit Benan...and yes, the beard is indeed crucial in pulling this off...

 

Blogger Will said ... (11:59 PM) : 

Hammer Time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

I think he looks terrific!

 

Blogger Cultivated Ah Lian said ... (12:17 AM) : 

i want my boyfriend like that.

 

Blogger ChrisShu said ... (12:23 AM) : 

Yea, it gives it the whole minimalist vibe to me. Don't think the pants would work without the beard or bracelets and love the shoes. Reminds me of a monk's sandals or something.

http://chrisshus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger e. said ... (12:25 AM) : 

I believe this is Umit Benan himsel, carrying one of his own creations.

 

Blogger Welcome said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I like the volume of the pants, but the crotch looks far too low, like wearing a pair of Vivienne Westwood bondage pants, you'd barely be able to walk.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:10 AM) : 

Do you think he wears underpants under those? ;-)

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (1:16 AM) : 

Those pants are just out of this world. Wonderful.

Ruhvana

 

Blogger Spardha Malik said ... (1:39 AM) : 

I think its super coool! I like when people make a statement looking sooo incredibly comfy!

 

Blogger american dream said ... (1:45 AM) : 

omg
I'm moving to Florence!!!

 

Blogger Macy said ... (2:04 AM) : 

The trousers are great - less of the hammer time comments! Heavier material gives them the edge.
Shoes give me a problem though - too girly for even me to wear.

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (2:11 AM) : 

MC Hammer...Can't touch this....Please don't touch this....don't even imagine this look. Woah, Nellie!

 

Anonymous diego said ... (2:23 AM) : 

molto comodo!

 

Blogger Bohemianwhimsey said ... (2:55 AM) : 

Ok, looks great on him, on someone else........... not so much !

 

Blogger hayleysherie said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Waist up, I think Umit's look is very sexy, but waist down it's a little awful. Just because it's "designer" doesn't mean that it's a good design.

 

Blogger stina said ... (3:38 AM) : 

Thought it was a nice relaxed outfit, bohemic.
BUT when I saw the shoes? No, why did he force his feet into his girlfriends/sisters shoes?? It would have been nice whith a pair of slippers!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:53 AM) : 

~i think it defines comfortability; it may not be edgy for many, but i salute the guy for being fashionably courageous. I give 7 for the shoes, 5 for the oversized pants, and 10 for attitude. :))

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (4:18 AM) : 

4.75 yards of 60 inch wide khaki fabric to make these short,blousey,pleated pants: see-how-I-can-so-easily-distract-viewer-from-even-noticing-who-is-wearing-them.

From the waist up he looks like a regular guy.

 

Blogger Princess of many sorts. said ... (4:30 AM) : 

Hi
Love people who do their own thing:)Go for it:)
SP

 

Blogger T.McD. said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Corpus did this a couple of years ago in jersey...no elastic. I love mine and wear them always. Leaves much room for accessories:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

is that his own face tattooed on his arm?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Fits him...except the shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Maybe in India where this kind of pants have been worn forever.
But in Florence ?
Well they have to be worn by a westerner ....
An immigrant would be scorned for not adapting to the Europen way of dressing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Those are some serious pleats.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (7:20 AM) : 

I quite like the pants but why is he wearign espadrils, they are bad enough on women!!! My mother always told me to be suspicious of men with beards - they have something to hide!
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous sofiasophie said ... (7:20 AM) : 

Quel style!
Viva los hombres guapos y con estilo!
He is f*** gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Janne said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Hi Anonymous (at 11.48 PM) – I just checked out Umit Benan's collections, and I agree with you – very stylish, classic cuts, great colors and all. He is obviously extremely talented. I just don't get these super-baggy pants. But hey - eccentricity is fine. It's pretentiousness I have a problem with. I don't know which category these fall into.

 

Blogger Brightlightwarriornika said ... (7:44 AM) : 

He is working this look! Love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 AM) : 

This look = 1/2 MC Hammer + 1/2 capris.

Not cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

about the shoes:
the accurate name is "esparto grass espadrille" - in Spanish, alpargatas de esparto.

Traditional Spanish shoes, remarkably fashionable nowadays, and incredible cheap.

www.shop-shoes-vkingas.com

 

Blogger brandt said ... (8:06 AM) : 

These pants, are like Hakama-traditional Japanese garments, kinda of worn like a wrap skirt,but similar to pants. They are still used in traditional martial arts to connote Shodan ranking!
I think it's very well done, and the faux-toeless tabi slippers are a nice touch!

 

Blogger Susie said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Its always interesting when you have shots like this how some people hate the clothing and others love it.

Personally I think he looks silly. Well from the waist up he's great but the pants/shorts and shoes are just wrong.

The shoes are seriously too small. A pet peeve of mine is shoes that don't fit. Was at a party 2 days ago and a woman had on shoes that were at least 2 sizes too large, how silly looking.

the shorts... no, just no.

Susan

 

Blogger Pedro Herrero said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Love the pants, with the espardilles and the grey t-shit, cute.

198, Butterfly: Fashion, Design and Architecture.

http://onehundredninetyeight.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Most comments on the pictures are always very positive, even when I honestly could not find anything positive in these pictures. So when I saw this picture I was wondering if I would be facting all the "love it" and "great look" again. But luckily this time most of us agree that this is pushing it just a bit too far. That said, I really wish I could grow a beard like that!

 

Blogger Shezshe said ... (8:21 AM) : 

he looks like an intellectual-biker who ran out from the "Little house on the Prairie". GRRR...nice and coool mix!

 

Blogger Dom po brzegi said ... (8:29 AM) : 

He must have borrowed the shoes from the girlfriend!

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (8:34 AM) : 

This picture is so amusing to me, as from the waist down, it could be me!!
The sarouel (drop-crotch pant) and espadrilles are staples in my wardrobe. Not sure about them on him, but why not? He looks like fun, if a little fundamentally intense. Don't like the prison tattoos, personally, but on the whole I'm a fan. Marl grey with khaki is a great look.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (8:37 AM) : 

aside from the, as always superb photo, the best thing about this post are the comments

 

Blogger Pappelschnee said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I love the wornout shirt, the pants and although I don't really like the espandrilles they are certainly better than flip flops. He looks confident and therefore stylish, not anybody can pull of a look like this. Thumbs up.
... and the beard is just hot ;)

 

Anonymous k. said ... (8:56 AM) : 

I feel bad saying this, but I am the only one who hates this? They look like shorts made for an obese person worn by a skinny person.

Just because it's different doesn't always mean it's chic -- in my book.

 

Anonymous Katie said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Just checked out the rest of his collection. Am in TOTAL agreement with Anonymous. His collection is very wearable, but with the inclusion of shapes like these pants, also forward-thinking.

Visual proportions become normalized to our eyes. Think about how the "boyfriend jean" was demonized on Katie Holmes last year, and now being graciously accepted in the mainstream. I love boundaries being tested, and Umit Benan's work does a great job of pushing our boundaries.

To sum up: A successful sartorial leap.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:41 AM) : 

This look is what I call mind bending. It works so well conceptually to me, (comfort, hot weather attire, color) then it challenges the a, b, c's. Great shot for inspiration, I'd probably rework this a little to make the proportions "better" otherwise, I would love to see men in this look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I can't help it. I hate these pants. I don't see anything terribly new here

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

I just fell in love with the man. I therefore forgive him for wearing his girl's shoes...

 

Anonymous Hannah W. said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I'm a sucker for a man with a full beard. Love the hair, the glasses, the tats, the tee, the watch and the beads. He looses me from the waist down. I didn't know they made espadrilles for men. I just can't wrap my brain around that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Where do I get those pants in black?! I absolutely adore them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I love it but i'd bring the crotch of the pants up a bit so it doesn't get that weird foldy thing happening. I love the colors.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:37 AM) : 

forward-thinking? amazing? I doubt it. the most fashionable item jesus ever wore are birkenstock sandles, not ballon plants.

 

Blogger Aly Beth said ... (10:40 AM) : 

What a great picture! I love it!

~Aly

 

Anonymous lintmag said ... (10:51 AM) : 

That is a bit TOO dropped- crotch in my opinion, though I like the tan and gray colors together. Nice contrast, Sart, of old Florence architecture and crazy camo truck.
By the way, is that a tattoo of himself on his arm??

 

Blogger Elina said ... (11:02 AM) : 

For pampers?

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (11:12 AM) : 

KOOL!

 

Blogger Sonja Blackham said ... (11:13 AM) : 

This is my favorite version of this pant so far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Inspired by Rocky the Flying Squirrel, no doubt. Almost as funny.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

The pants are hilarious - reminding me of the low slung shorts that teenage boys wear. The shoes are effeminate. The tattoos on one arm, and multiple bracelets on the other, are interesting.

 

Anonymous FashAddict said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Not too sure about this! :-S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

wow--would love to run into this person he must be a kick! I think the yohji-ish pants are super cool with the old grey t-shirt--doesn't seem to be trying too hard to me and you know those pants have got to be amazingly comfortable!

thanks!!

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Hmm... I like his glasses

 

Anonymous zuccotto said ... (12:34 PM) : 

The next step is an ankle length skirt..

 

Anonymous bork said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Can't help but think a more fitted shirt w/ less-open neck would make it look better.
Wizard cool shoes, though.

 

Blogger Jtrimmings said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I have no problems with extreme statements but this doesn't strike as "chic" the way one would hope.

 

Blogger Jason Lyon said ... (12:56 PM) : 

I want to be this man! I want to get rid of my entire clothing collection and only wear his clothing! Umit Benan is brilliant!

 

Blogger Alida said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Isn't he the author of "A Year of Living Biblically" ?

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Um, some of this I like. I'm just wondering what the benefit of that culotte cut is. If it's supposed to be cool for the summer, why so much fabric? And wouldn't it be difficult to walk in? Why not wear a long skirt and REALLY freak people out? A skirt would match the espadrilles even more.

But I like his ink.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Holy Moly!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:34 PM) : 

While there is nothing left to be said I still gotta say - Yikes! The likeable thing is that he's got the cajones to walk around like this.... a circle in a world full of square pegs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

The beard does not match the outfit

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I am agog at the number of comments about men in espadrilles! They are the classic Mediterranean summer shoe and totally cool. Check out the heat given off by Alain Delon in "The Yellow Rolls Royce"--and his shoe of choice. No one can argue about his cojones!

 

Blogger Joêlle said ... (3:59 PM) : 

NOPE!

 

Blogger James Taylor said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I think this guy looks good — from the nose up.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (5:17 PM) : 

i like everything, pants, tattoos, attitude, hair, beard, oh well....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

haha...nice picture! Though I bet the guy is super comfortable in those shorts and espadrilles. But speaking of espadrilles a great and not too strange looking designs from Barcelona, Spain can be found at
mycatshoes.com

 

Anonymous CiCi said ... (6:14 PM) : 

he reminds me a whirling dervish... I kind of wish he was wearing a skirt. or that the pants wrapped more.

 

Anonymous bo-bo said ... (6:27 PM) : 

hammer-khakis.

 

Blogger UESman said ... (8:05 PM) : 

haha, it reminds me of the that skort-like thing that they wear in Aikido matches...except not in black......anyway.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

I absofuckinlutely LOVE this!!!

 

Blogger Adam Sinding said ... (9:33 PM) : 

Is that a tattoo of him on his arm?

- le 21eme Arrondissement

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

I could see those pants being a big hit with circus clowns.

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (11:28 PM) : 

the guy and look are beauteous!

 

Blogger Katrine said ... (1:02 AM) : 

i absolutely LOVE this. thank you so much!

 

Anonymous Lisette said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Brilliant! He's comfortable and self-assured in this outfit, and at the same time is breaking barriers - as is evident form the many shocked comments to this post. Chic? Style? That's subjective of course. In any case a follower he isn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 AM) : 

perhaps not my liking but i adore what seems like a reinterpretation of the U.S. neo,b-boy look of dressing giant shorts and enorm tee shirts.

*stina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

His pants look like the Chinese Hakka tribe pants. I saw a lot of them in old vilages in southern part of China, but they were usually in black.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (7:34 AM) : 

i love his japanese (?) hip look. seems like he already knows what the sense of this life)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

the shoes are called espardenyas, a traditional shoe still worn in catalunya.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

where can I get these in SFO CA??

 

Anonymous becka said ... (7:39 PM) : 

love espadrilles on men. But mens espadrilles do NOT have the ballet ties around the ankles. These are womens shoes, "not that there's anything wrong with that".

What makes these pants different from others of the same cut (thinking of the whirling dervishes I have seen) is the heavy papery fabric. I like the softer ones, but these are cool in a very weird way.

he's cute. he can wear anything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

These trousers are absolutly fantastic! I love it! Completly different and cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Fearless. People like him are crucial to fashion. It's moving towards the future, towards no boundaries of what one can wear. It is without regard to gender, or even to the body, it is simply a statement.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (12:35 AM) : 

WOW!!!!! Definitely comfortable! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Please tell me that's Sasha Baron Cohen, punking us for his next film...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

I've been around long enough to have worn a similar style to this in the late 80's (there is nothing new under the sun...) and they are very cool and comfortable...but I have to tell you, here in Australia they are called "poo catchers"

 

Blogger iida said ... (5:57 AM) : 

I love it. Just because. This is fashion at its best.

 

Blogger Sioban Lombardi said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I so want these trousers!

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (5:09 PM) : 

No.

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (5:28 PM) : 

yes for man skorts

 

Blogger Lu Casagrande said ... (9:46 PM) : 

ADORO!!!!!!!!! I love !!!!

 

Blogger sblazer227 said ... (10:32 PM) : 

no no no, im so much more for a more fitted look. no no no.

 

Anonymous UltraSutra said ... (8:06 AM) : 

He's got me.

 

Blogger LIGHTHEADED STREET SALON said ... (10:33 AM) : 

ah, Benan. don't know a tonne about him but what i do know sees him to be a very interesting, talented and stylish person. i like the pushing of the envelope with some of his pieces and the old-world gentleman style of others.

i really get a laugh out of the commentors making absolutist statements about what is 'for men' and 'for women' only . really funny. xx

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:10 PM) : 

i love the watch and all the arm bands

 

Blogger Christina said ... (3:20 PM) : 

A la Michael Kors on Project Runway..."the crotch on those pants is insane!"

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Wow! Very nice look & Nice tattoos!

Philippe
www.punkgeisha.com

 

Blogger Michael Green said ... (10:57 PM) : 

this is style? here's the test....would you post this photo a year from now? exactly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I think that's E from the Eels.

 

Blogger Monica Aguinaga said ... (7:18 PM) : 

this is a bit too much..but he can pull it off. All you need is attitude!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

revenge of the boyfriend jeans - the girlfriend espadrilles :))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

The only person that comes to mind who cold pull off this outfit is Julian Schnabel, but that would be a stretch....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

He looks like two different people - a man on top and woman on the bottom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I saw last week The Darjeeling Limited,(Wes Anderson),and this Man,with spanish spadrille,reminds me this movie..so good to see;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

LOVE. But I agree with louprolific.

 

Blogger Ashlee said ... (2:22 AM) : 

big man pants: bingo. laced canvas shoes: double bingo.

 

Blogger Little Lovables said ... (9:21 AM) : 

these are thai fisherman pants, quite cozy and can be worn a variety of ways. you can find them in thailand, naturally, but many sell them on Etsy

 

Blogger  said ... (6:11 AM) : 

Simply Perfect !

 

Blogger Green said ... (9:36 PM) : 

If I see this guy at my school or other art schools it's ok.
Other than that I don't get it, seriously.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I think I would run away if I saw someone wearing an outfit like this. I wouldn't know if he was trying to be stylish or if he was a little mentally deranged.

 

Blogger Leo Kim : Estudio Campana said ... (10:43 PM) : 

He is a designer and was selling at Hotel Jolly Lotti in Paris last June.
Pure simplicity. Almost austere.

 

Blogger yoshXL said ... (12:12 PM) : 

a rock star look that only works if you're actually a rock star.

but espadrilles on an average dude? not feeling it.

 

Anonymous Ljerka-Susanna-Lukic said ... (7:08 PM) : 

GREAT!!!
ARTISTIC!!!
Susan,Designer&Writer,Toronto
ARTISTIC
MILLINERY

 

Anonymous sinande said ... (4:12 AM) : 

wow impressed

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:02 PM) : 

yeah where can I get those pants !!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 AM) : 

UMIT BENAN=STYLE

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting