This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Sunset in Venice Last Night

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sunset in Venice Last Night


I'm in Venice until Friday to conduct a workshop. This is the view from my hotel on the Grand Canal. It is incredibly beautiful here in Venice. I will be posting more photos from here in the next few days, then I'm going back to Sao Paulo!

Comments on "Sunset in Venice Last Night"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (7:59 AM) : 

What a beautiful photograph! Did you use a digital camera or a traditional one? I cant wait to see your images from Brasil. BTW, I have enjoyed your photos on men.style.com; I hope they pay you very well- you deserve it!
Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous Pancsa said ... (8:00 AM) : 

I've never seen Venice by night, only by daylight with my three kids. It's so different! Thank you, and more pics!

 

Blogger Gwen said ... (8:06 AM) : 

Wow! Breathtaking...looks like a painting.

 

Blogger vananhofficial said ... (8:07 AM) : 

that is amazingly beautiful!!

 

Blogger kiv said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Reminds me GLOBAL WARMING, Venice stay cool!

 

Blogger Natalie J Monty said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I agree with Gwen -just about to say it and read the above comments and just knew someone else was going to say this beautiful shot is reminiscent of a painting! <3
xxx

 

Blogger Christina said ... (8:36 AM) : 

I love when you talk about the travel you do and give us these little snapshots. You have the best job!

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Very beautiful photo. Almost depressing because you want to be there too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Venice is my favourite city in the whole world despite everything and I can't wait to see who you photograph here. I always love the smart elderly women with their shopping trolleys.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Oh so beautiful. Im going there in two months and i wonder are there any great shops there? Clothes and furniture? Do anyone know?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Sigh..I hope you had an amazing glass of wine with the sunset and cup of coffee with its rise..beautiful!

 

Blogger I'm a mean street kid. said ... (9:21 AM) : 

this is just absolutely breath-taking. makes me want to pack up my bags and just run off to Europe!

 

Blogger Renata said ... (9:32 AM) : 

when will you be in São Paulo?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Poetry

 

Anonymous revelionlasorbona said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Well, since you are there, don t miss the Mexican pavilion of Teresa Margolles, it was one of the best from the Venice biennale..

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Beautiul!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Sart, I hope you'll post more pictures of Sao Paulo this time.
Venice is magic!!!!!!

bjs
Silvia

 

Anonymous Breakfast for Dinner said ... (10:31 AM) : 

So beautiful! This looks like a pro shot, so well done.

 

Blogger Hélène Heath said ... (10:54 AM) : 

oh wow - what a breathtaking photograph!

 

Blogger Romi said ... (10:55 AM) : 

The shot in absolutly beautiful!!!!! I hope one day I'll be able to see this in person...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Stunning. When I saw the title I immediately thought the photo was going to be of Venice Beach... this is way better.

 

Blogger Evelyn said ... (11:05 AM) : 

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

 

Anonymous Voon said ... (11:07 AM) : 

What a stunning, peaceful view of the canal -- the ripples in dark bluish hues, the neat rows of gondolas, the disappearing sun.

Thank you!

Can it be your favorite city, even if you've never been?

 

Blogger stephced said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Oh, Sart... I am in love.

 

Blogger Richie Designs said ... (11:17 AM) : 

wow, do you need another assistant? jeez I want to jet set with you!

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Do you need someone to carry your camera?

 

Blogger Karen said ... (11:27 AM) : 

That photo is breaktaking!! I wish I could travel the world as frequently as you did and capture such beautiful images.

 

Anonymous lintmag said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Oh, I miss Venice - can't wait to go back. I hope you went to the Biennale, Sart!

 

Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Wow, that is such a beautiful photograph! Very breathtaking!

 

Anonymous Linn Emilie said ... (11:52 AM) : 

stunningly beautiful!

 

Blogger sd said ... (11:52 AM) : 

wow
that's beautiful :]

 

Blogger 3biscuits said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Ohhh, this is sooo beautiful:-)
I'm going to Venice this summer, so now even more looking forward to it, thank you!!!

 

Blogger Maria Confer said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Breathtaking!! I must visit there.

 

Blogger Maria said ... (1:08 PM) : 

This is my inspiration for today, thank you!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (1:11 PM) : 

PLEASE TAKE STYLE SHOTS AT THE BIENNALE, KTHXBYE.

 

Blogger ana said ... (1:30 PM) : 

amazing, amazing...
your pictures are always so lovely

 

Anonymous Patrick said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Scott, thank you so much for this beautiful picture. So evocative you can almost smell Venice from here in Vancouver. Well done.

 

Blogger STARBOX PRODUCTION said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Amazing!! I adore Venice! :D

 

Blogger Jo said ... (1:51 PM) : 

You lucky, lucky man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Fantastic! I'll be in Venice next week and will visit Milan and Verona as well. Great taster of things to come!

 

Blogger Beth Ruby said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Wow this photograph is stunning.
Even better than the usual postcard pictures you see.
Amazing lighting.
Beth xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Sart-

Try seeing the new site of the Fondazione Vedova, near Punta della DOgana. Renzo Piano designed the mechanism that rotates the pictures on display. It is really worth a visit.

Anthony

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Wonderfully captured moment~!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Ah, Sao Paulo. Is my lovely city... I borned there and I love it. Now I live in Italy (near to Milan) and I love it too, but Sao Paulo is always Sao Paulo: a great city. Buon viaggio!! Boa viajem!

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (2:59 PM) : 

...sigh.... grazie.

 

Blogger Premton said ... (3:06 PM) : 

la Biennale di Venezia is on...hope you had time to look at some of the works featured.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Wow, this is wonderful! You should def. make more pictures of cities while you're on tour.

 

Blogger Miss Red said ... (3:17 PM) : 

LOVELY shot! ive got a photoblog and i love to post photos like this =)

 

Anonymous Isabella said ... (3:37 PM) : 

What a lovely photo

 

Blogger Life99 said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Ahh peace. So far from what I see daily.

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Uh, can we please go there, now?

www.platformmag.net

 

Blogger Jess-Gab said ... (4:26 PM) : 

wow what a beautiful view!saturday i was in Venice.i love this city too!hope u 'll have good time!^^

http://shoothebreeze.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (4:32 PM) : 

the contrast here is stunning

 

Blogger Erin Aviles said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Shut up, that is out of this world.
How can that be real, it's too beautiful!!

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (5:02 PM) : 

That is a simply beautiful photo, I wish I were there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Can I be your secretary? LOL!! What an amazing job you have. . .despite the airline carry~on restrictions!!

 

Blogger Susan said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Not quite as magnificent as the rose gold sunset over the river Thames tonight.

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (6:16 PM) : 

I loved Venice when I was there, though it was nothing compared to Florence (my opinion only). Nevertheless, this pictures makes me want to call my travel agent!

 

Blogger ChinChin said ... (8:06 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Blogger laurenkp said ... (8:36 PM) : 

I love Sao Paulo!! Go to Due Cuochi Cucina - it has the BEST Italian food!! I will be there too, its such a great city, even in their "Winter"! I would be so excited if you liked my outfit, hehe!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Just lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

If you've ever seen "Don't Look Now" (Julie Christie, Donald Sutherland, directed by Nicholas Roeg), you'll never look at Venice the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Wow, so beautiful, so perfect!! I have been in Venice in the winter, when it is covered in snow and extremely quiet...it is so mysteriously beautiful then as well.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (1:16 AM) : 

what a gorgeous shot. breathless.
kisses


http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:10 AM) : 

Hi Sart,
if you have time while in venice stop by to see the "venice in venice" exibition. Its a great film-installation about the city,its traditions and dramas of course:)!

http://www.veniceinvenice.com/
fondamente nuove
palazzo donà delle rose

have a great time.

vesna

 

Anonymous dustyflint said ... (3:34 AM) : 

Lucky lucky man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I feel so lucky to live here ...

 

Blogger B. Boo said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Dear Scott,

I just added some Venice style pix to my own style blog...Take a look

www.theunicornscravat.blogspot.com

thanks for all the inspiration

x Blackmarket Boo

 

Anonymous simolino16 said ... (6:29 AM) : 

'' Voir Venice......et mourire ''

You just have the perfect job Mr Schuman

We need more photos pls

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 AM) : 

Dream a little dream of this!

A.M.I

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

i can't believe it, you're in venice! i'm doing an internship here and i hope i'll bump into you somewhere:)
love your blog.
nevena

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

There's hundreds of similar shots on Flickr, though...

 

Blogger robyn said ... (8:27 PM) : 

it's beautiful.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Ah! Venice! That was my favourite city in Italy! Stunning pics!

And now I am officially doubly jealous - Sao Paulo?!? Is the Sao Paulo FW coming up already? How I long to go back home! :)
xx

 

Blogger Polly said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Beautiful, I want to be there now and not lunching at my work desk :(

 

Blogger Lucía said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I absolutely LOVE Venice.

 

Anonymous Victor said ... (12:40 PM) : 

If you're staying at the hotel from which balcony you shot this photo... Then you're really staying in one of Venices' hidden treasures! Celebrated our anniversary there last year, loved it. Hope you do too !

 

Blogger rimmastar said ... (9:53 PM) : 

beautifully romantic...

i guess many people fall in love in this town

 

Anonymous kirstine said ... (5:52 AM) : 

breathtaking view

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Another masterpiece. Thank you.

 

Anonymous joanne said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Wow! This is so beautiful!

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (3:48 PM) : 

that is an AMAZING photo..oh how i would love to visit venice someday! lucky!

 

Blogger Winnie said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Pretty!
I wanna go there myself.

 

Blogger Cheryl Cato said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Absolutely spectacular!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

thanks for sharing the gorgeous photo....a new desktop picture of me to gaze at from my desk here in HOT South Georgia!

 

Anonymous Steph said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I was just there a few weeks ago! and i believe i was in Florence when you were but im from NY =)

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (2:48 AM) : 

even though there's a lot of contrast in this photo, something about it seems very comforting...

& beautiful use of complimentary colors!

Emily

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (10:39 AM) : 

A stunning photo of one of my favorite cities on the planet.

Venice is truly special.

 

Blogger Field of View said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Nice shot !

 

Blogger Suzy said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Just gorgeous!

 

Blogger HEC said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Praises to Blog Search for bringing me to this lovely memento -- and thanks to you, Sartorialist, for sharing this beautiful image. Hope we find your Venice untouched when we travel in September!

 

Blogger Suzanne said ... (10:57 AM) : 

It's so incredibly stunning! I can't stop staring at this photo. I really want to go to venice sometime!

 

Blogger bean said ... (5:44 AM) : 

Venice is so gorgeous. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

It sorta gives you hope... because in the middle of everything, theres still things like this happpening all around us

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

venezia!

 

Anonymous joe said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Im moving to Europe....its settled...whos with me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

such a beautiful shot!i was wondering if I could use this pic as a reference and paint it :) it would be much appreciated :D my email is polabear24@msn.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting