This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Sartorialist #1 - Earl Schuman

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sartorialist #1 - Earl Schuman


My Father passed away last week.

I won't try to write about what he meant to me, because I am not a good enough writer to express that level of sentiment. He was simply the single most influential figure in my life. Even though everyone has always said,  "you're just like your Dad," I never really tried to follow in his footsteps. He gave me that freedom very openly. However, he was a writer, director, producer and occasional on-screen talent - and guess what, I somehow ended up doing most of the same things.  

While going through old photographs last week I found a set of images from around 1964 or 1965. My Dad had an assignment to report on the movie projects that were currently filming all over Europe. He was to interview the big stars of the day and produce small segments for the local Florida TV station. I have always thought of my Dad as more of a writer than director so it was so surprising to see snaps of him with a movie camera in his hand looking absolutely chic - in a lot of the same places that I now visit.

Here is my Dad (wearing the sunglasses and some very early Prada) on the set of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."

Here he is in the foothills of Rome. I don't know which movie he was covering there, but I do remember him telling me that while on the set of "Doctor Zhivago" he lost his camera in a huge drift of fake snow.

Here he is arriving in Madrid.

OK, that is enough with the old family photos.

My Dad was the #1 fan of this blog. Everyday he looked at the new posts and would read every comment.

However, my dad wasn't a blind cheerleader. When he felt I wasn't living up to my potential he let me know it, in no uncertain terms. I thank him for that.

Finally, I would like to thank my two sisters and my Mom. They were the perfect team to go through this with. I learned something new about the strength of each one of them, and about the depth of love that a family can have for one another. Thank you.

In keeping with my Dad's tradition of exotic, chic travel, I am off to Australia tonight. I will report from Melbourne and Sydney. If I get a sign-off soon I will also visit Sao Paulo this month.

Comments on "Sartorialist #1 - Earl Schuman"

 

Blogger May Kasahara said ... (11:04 AM) : 

much love to you and your family.
he looks like such an amazing guy.

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (11:04 AM) : 

All the best to you and your family. I'm so sorry. And keep the tradition of chic travel.

All the best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

greatest condolence..

 

Blogger Harley said ... (11:04 AM) : 

So sorry to hear this - my condolences to you and your family. I love those old photographs - what treasures! Have fun in Australia - can't wait for your pictures.

 

Blogger Zarna said ... (11:05 AM) : 

sorry for your loss.

what a beautiful way to honor your dad.

-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:05 AM) : 

My deepest condolences. Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger Alex said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I am so sorry for your loss. The photos of your father are wonderful - he looks like a fascinating and stylish man.

 

Anonymous Elaine said ... (11:06 AM) : 

My condolences to you. You seem like a chip off the old block. Your family must be very proud of you.

 

Blogger Aileen said ... (11:06 AM) : 

What a beautiful tribute. These photos, like yours, are striking and timeless. Thank you for sharing these precious family photographs with us.

 

Blogger i-Observer said ... (11:06 AM) : 

My prayers are with you and thanks for sharing... I love the pic of your Dad on the set of "A funny thing happened... he looks dashing!

Travel safe! Looking forward to more posts.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I am so sorry for your loss. Indeed in the pictures, especially on the set of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" you can tell what a sartorialist he was.

 

Blogger Miss Boston said ... (11:07 AM) : 

So sorry to hear of your loss.

 

Blogger kris 林文媛 said ... (11:07 AM) : 

i am sorry for your lost...

 

Blogger Cassiopeia said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Condolences. Beautiful photos. You are lucky to have such reminders of an obviously wonderful man.

Xxxc

 

Anonymous R said ... (11:09 AM) : 

a perfect kind of tribute; a wonderful post.

 

Anonymous Clr said ... (11:10 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for you. When a person you love go, it is never easy. (sorry for my bad english i'm french)

Hope you will be better, soon. Even if i think it won't be so soon...

 

Anonymous camerafilmroll said ... (11:10 AM) : 

My condolences. My dad is not around anymore too and he was the bestest dad I could ask for.

 

Blogger Paolo Vitale said ... (11:10 AM) : 

god bless your dad, you and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

*tears*

Thank you for sharing. You look so much like your father, and you clearly share his talent and style.

Condolences from Helsinki.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Scott, that was a beautiful visual remembrance of your father. my condolences for your loss. it looks like the same spirit continues in your work, which continues to inspire so many of us in the blogosphere every day. happy travels to australia!

 

Blogger Jill said ... (11:11 AM) : 

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you have such amazing photos to help you remember him. I'm sure he's missed by many.

 

Blogger viv said ... (11:11 AM) : 

My condolences for your loss.

These pictures are so beautifully evocative of a bygone era, yet your father appears so modern in each setting. Hopefully there is comfort in knowing he lead such a fulfilling and inspiring life.

All the best to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Though he is gone, your father's inspiration lives on in all of us who are, in turn, inspired by you.

My condolences.

 

Blogger SONGMAKER said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I send my deepest condolences out to you for your loss, Scott. I hope your memories of him and your undying love for him will serve to console you when you most need consoling in that way.

 

Blogger Jillian Hobbs said ... (11:14 AM) : 

So sorry for your and your family's loss. My condolences.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Dear Scott, my deepest condolences. This pictures show the brillant essence of your father, and further more: the legacy of elegance that now you are bringing to a whole new level.
If you go to Sao Paul u should also come to Buenos Aires, you will love it.
Martin

 

Anonymous k. said ... (11:14 AM) : 

What a loss...

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (11:15 AM) : 

<3 So sorry for your loss. Your father was a very dashing man - he looks fabulous with that camera.

Safe travels to Australia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I am so sorry about your father. My condolensces to you and your family.

 

Blogger Scot Meacham Wood said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Scott,

So sorry to read this. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beautiful post.

 

Blogger Oni said ... (11:17 AM) : 

My condolences to you and your family.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (11:17 AM) : 

The resemblance between you and your father is incredible. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Sending condolences and warm thoughts to you and your family.

 

Blogger FashionOutpost said ... (11:18 AM) : 

my prayers are with you and i know your father will continue to enjoy your blog everyday : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

i'm really sorry for your lost... your father looked like a man with exquisite taste.. i'm sure that you're esthetics & style is somehow an heritage from him ... I myself admire my father style ( & his achievements in life) and can sympathise.

carry on, your father must have been really proud of you , M. Schuman.

 

Blogger J. Rene' said ... (11:19 AM) : 

It is great that you have all of these amazing stories, pictures and memories to look back on. Your dad was an amazing man, just like you.

I am sorry for you loss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

So sorry for your loss.
Live up to your father's expectations, you do a very inspiring work.
Thank you

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Condolences from a stranger. You do look just like your father. I lost my mother this year and Doctor Zhivago was one of her favorite films. I always like to think of that line from Pierrot le Fou: Life is sometimes sad, but it's always beautiful.

 

Anonymous Laura said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Condolences for your loss. a lovely tribute.
Im excitied to hear your coming to Australia. i am from adelaide, not as big as sydney and melbourne but is small and quaint.
look forward to your posts

 

Blogger Regina said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Great photos of your dad. It is amazing how much you look like your father (Never noticed that when we were young). You & your family have been in my thoughts since last week. Sending you much love.
xoxo, RJ

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Scott. Thanks for sharing this with us all. Your father, I'm sure was an amazing man...I'm sorry for your loss. All the best.

 

Anonymous Eda said ... (11:21 AM) : 

I wish you condolences.
He seems such like a nice guy. I'm sorry for your loss. Keep up the great work, as your father would want you to.

 

Blogger L said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Your father sounds like a wonderful man. We read your blog every day, and think about you in this difficult time. Continue with your wonderful posts. Have a wonderful time in Australia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your dad seems like a very special man.

 

Blogger Ramiro said ... (11:23 AM) : 

my deepest condolences

PS: i must say there is a certain schuman look

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:25 AM) : 

I am sorry for your loss and can see from what you have shared what an inspiration you father was.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Scott,
Sorry to read about the passing of your dad.
My condolences go out to you and your family.
SJ

 

Blogger Krishna said ... (11:25 AM) : 

What a wonderfully heartfelt and moving piece, Mr Schumann: and what big, though impeccably stylish shoes to fill. But I can think of no better way to honour a memory than to keep it alive...

 

Blogger Kenneth said ... (11:25 AM) : 

God Bless you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Beautiful words just like your blog simply beautiful in every way. Thank You for sharing your view point on lifes fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

_________________________________

This was single handedly the most brilliant pointient piece I have ever read in regards to loss of a loved one. Thank you for your inspirational words and bless you and your father's relationship.
_________________________________

 

Blogger Emily L. said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Thank you for sharing these beautiful reminders of your father. He truly leaves a legacy behind in you. My sincere condolences.

 

Blogger Stella said ... (11:29 AM) : 

My condolences.

 

Anonymous Gianni said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Sorry for your loss, Scott.

 

Blogger Helen said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Sart...My dad died September 29th, 2008. Biggest fan and influence in my life. Life has changed...I miss him, but am thankful for my mom and two brothers...Be good to yourself and family.
Best.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:31 AM) : 

My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I see the resemblance and it is lovely to see you carrying on in his tradition and making it your own.

 

Anonymous jasmine said ... (11:31 AM) : 

A prayer for you and your family.. Looking forward to your new posts. Bon courage (et voyage), Jasmine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

My condolences for you and you family.

Beautiful pictures. I´m from Madrid.

 

Blogger M. said ... (11:32 AM) : 

So sorry
my condolences
x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

My thoughts and my heart are with you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

sorry for your father. i can imagine how it feels. i, my self, lost mine years ago.RACHEE

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (11:33 AM) : 

my condolences for your loss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I visit the blog to appreciate the pictures often. And I value the cultural implications of your endeavor. Such dedication to the aesthetic experience is seldom in contemporary contexts. I am expressing these thoughts to you but to the sense of aesthetic that your father instilled in you implicitly as well. It is one of his gifts to you that will keep thriving. I express my condolences to you and celebrate the parts of him that are still alive within you.

V. Jean-Marie, Ph.D.
vi_val_di@hotmail.com

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Very nice way to say good bye...

Philippe

www.punkgeisha.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

What a wonderful tribute. You look just like him.

 

Anonymous Rousspétée said ... (11:36 AM) : 

If I could, I'd give you a big hug for comfort on these hard moments. Condolences to you and your family.
Thanks for sharing these pics with us, they're great ! Your dad is very stylish and the pictures are a perfect testimony of an era. Talent must have been hereditary in your family.

 

Blogger so said ... (11:36 AM) : 

so sorry for your loss...
this is such a lovely tribute to him.

ps: i love that he read every blog comment.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss. You look just like your father--in that first photo I actually thought that was you.

He was a very stylish and attractive man. And it sounds like he lived a truly full and extraordinary life.

My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Sincerely,
Michelle

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (11:36 AM) : 

i lost my father at a horrendously rough age (11) and even though i major in writing and literature in college, i would never be able to capture the proper words to depict such a sour experiences.

all the best to you - you live my dream.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I've never writter before, but I'm a big fan of your blog. I am really touched by your hommage and can only wish you to keep doing what you love and what your father loved for as long as you can.

 

Anonymous Lisette said ... (11:39 AM) : 

What a beautiful tribute to your father! May he continue to inspire you to offer so much inspiration to your many followers...

My heartfelt condolences and best wishes for safe travels + soft landings, as well as much enjoyment in Melbourne and Sydney!

 

Anonymous karl said ... (11:42 AM) : 

You are lucky to have such images capturing your father in some of his most exciting moments. Let him live on. Best wishes and deepest condolences.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

these are beautiful pictures. i can definitely see how your father may have influenced your keen eye for style, creativity, and finding inspiration. he looked like a handsome, charming, talented man..the apple doesn't fall far from the true. condolences to you and your family. <3.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

prayers for you and your loving family.

love and light, fan

 

Blogger Christian said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Condolences. Thank you for sharing a little bit about him.

 

Blogger ABBY said ... (11:45 AM) : 

so sorry to hear about your father. best to you.

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Your post is beautiful, pudic, and elegant in soul. Like all your blog
Wish the best for the new journey of your father.
I wish you the best for the rest of the journey without him.
With friendship ad sincerity.
Caroline

 

Blogger MCCVI said ... (11:47 AM) : 

A very touching tribute to you father, both your post... and the way you live your life.

 

Blogger seanjonesfoto said ... (11:47 AM) : 

You and your family have my condolences... Wonderful photos and notes about your father. Thank you for sharing... peace

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is very touching but also encouraging that you will always keep this bond alive. Not only through your love but also through the way his memory may inspire your work everyday.
Lots of love to you and your family.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (11:49 AM) : 

you treasure all those memories and photos forever scott. thoughts of happiness and peace for you.

 

Anonymous Roya said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Here's a poem that always helps me after the loss of a loved one:

When I die, I want your hands on my eyes: I want the light and wheat of your beloved hands To pass their freshness over me once more:I want to feel the softness that changed my destiny.

I want you to live while I wait for you, asleep, I want your ears still to hear the wind, I want you to sniff the sea's aroma that we loved together, to continue to walk on the sand we walked on.

I want what I love to continue to live, And you whom I love and sang above everything else To continue to flourish, full flowered:

So that you can reach everything my love directs you to, So that my shadow can travel along in your hair,
So that everything can learn the reason for my song!

-Pablo Neuruda

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 AM) : 

My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure your father lived with great pride in knowing that you have brought joy and inspiration to so many people.

 

Anonymous Inez said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Though I read your blog everyday, like thousands of people do, this is the first time I leave a comment. I'm sorry for your loss, and want to give you my condolences. It is always hard to loose a loved one, but knowing they had a great life and are proudly looking down to us does help passing by.
This way of showing old pictures was a beautifull way to remember your father.
Keep the chic and exoctic traveling family traditions ;)

(sorry for any errors in my english)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is a wonderful remembrance. He looks so dashing; these are wonderful photos.

Rose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

i am sorry for your lost, and do stay strong. i believe that your dad's influence and love will remain with your family and yourself. xx kate

 

Blogger Melanie said ... (11:51 AM) : 

This is the first time I've commented on your blog but I figure it's as good a chance as any to say thank you for what you do and I'm sure your Dad will continue to be proud of what you do, even in the afterlife. My condolences to you and your family. xx

 

Blogger Eric said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Your dad was very chic. I am sorry for your loss.

My condolences.

 

Anonymous Manuel said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Thank you for sharing, Scott. Most sorry for your loss. My condolences from Madrid, where your father arrived on a TWA plane...

Manuel

 

Anonymous Johanna - MyShoebox.se said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I´m so sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences for your loss.
I wish only the best for you and yuor family.

 

Anonymous Kate G. said ... (11:53 AM) : 

A remarkable life and a wonderful legacy. Good travels and fair weather to you and those close to you at this time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Sorry for your loss.
Cherish those pictures.

 

Anonymous jsB said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Mes sympathies!

 

Anonymous alamodedujour said ... (11:53 AM) : 

My condolences, I'm sorry to hear the news. This is a nice tribute to your father.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. Thank you for sharing his story with us.

 

Anonymous Becky C said ... (11:56 AM) : 

You say you are not a good enough writer to express what your father meant to you but I think he would have loved every word that you have written. You obviously will miss him very much, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:57 AM) : 

An amazing man indeed (and you look so much like him!). How fortunate that you can honor him in this way.... I'm touched by it.

While I don't believe in god, I do believe in love and I send you and your family tons of it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss -- a father's death is intense and deeply sad, and may feel as if the earth has shifted on its axis. It sounds as if he was very proud of you, too, which is a good thing to remember. All the best to you and your family.

 

Anonymous SunnyD said ... (11:59 AM) : 

My condolences, Scott.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I want to chime in with sympathy and also note that this is a very fine tribute to your father.

 

Blogger J. said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Your father seemed like a truly amazing guy, and a truly amazing dresser. I understand how you feel because I feel the same way about my father.

Remember his memory lives on in you, and be glad that he was here long enough to share so much of himself with you, and vice versa.

My condolences, please don't take these as just empty words.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss. These photos are beautiful--thanks for sharing your memories.

Today's poem on the Storialist is an ode to fatherhood, inspired by your post.

http://thestorialist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I lost my own father last week. Serendipitously, I logged on to my computer this morning looking for comfort or at least distraction and saw your beautiful post. Your willingness to share memories of your dad helped me so much. Thank you.

 

Blogger SpanishGent said ... (12:07 PM) : 

My most sincere condolences. What a wonderful tribute to him! All the best to you and your family!
Do keep enriching your life by travelling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

You're finest post.

 

Blogger elventryst said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart.

Our condolences go out to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

take care of yourself--and you ARE quite the writer. Very eloquent missive about your father.

 

Blogger File Under C said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Thank you for posting thus.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:11 PM) : 

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Your father had great style and at least you are keeping his tradition up.

 

Blogger K. said ... (12:11 PM) : 

please, come to sao paulo!

 

Anonymous Joel said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Wonderful post.

So sorry for your loss. Reminds me to let my dad know today how much he means to me.

Thank you.

 

Anonymous lachipie said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a beautiful and very touching tribute. He seemed like an amazing man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

What an inspiration your father must have been. You look very much alike, great style and all. My heart goes out to you. One can almost hear the resigned loss in your text. I am certain that he is still following your work from whereever he is.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:15 PM) : 

My condolences on your loss, Scott. What a great inspiration he must have been.

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (12:17 PM) : 

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. You made a great tribute to your father and shared some really nice photos.

 

Anonymous Eric Rohr said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Sorry about your dad. Those photos are a treasure. RIP.

 

Blogger MONI said ... (12:20 PM) : 

your words are very inspiring, it reminds us all how important it is to have a family and it makes me not want to waste a minute of my life without them.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
loves,

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:22 PM) : 

You are so blessed that you knew your Dad and loved him. Some of us have barely experienced that.

My father was a globe-trotter too. It's the part of him I channel, even though I did not get to know him well. It is the part of me I know comes from him.

When I was a little girl he took us from New York to live in Sao Paulo. Brazil is now one of my greatest inspirations. A troubled, wonderful country. Maybe something like my father, I think.

Anyway, have a great time in "Sampa"! It's a fabulous town, even though it ranks as one of the world's least attractive -- on the surface.

Condolences... and thanks for sharing your love and the great old pics. Your father looked like a real charmer.

 

Blogger Kathrynsky said ... (12:22 PM) : 

My heartfelt sympathy!
honest summary and beautiful memory!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Thank you for showing sharing with us an incredibly private thing. My sincere condolences to you and all those that loved him.
Beautiful photos, I must say. Such an elegant man, the resemblance to you is uncanny.
Have a safe trip to Australia.
--KD

 

Blogger Emily said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I thought you did nicely, despite claiming not to be a writer...
But I send my heartfelt condolences.
Your Dad looked like an amazing man! :)

 

Blogger Erik said ... (12:29 PM) : 

I'm sorry for your and you family's loss. I was very moved by the beautiful way you describe your father. Indeed was he a very stylish man.

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (12:30 PM) : 

He is with you still, in you. It becomes more like a blessing when people tell you "you are just like your dad." Keep doing what you are doing...it is a good thing.

 

Blogger Josh said ... (12:32 PM) : 

My condolences for your loss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

These photos are a beautiful and remarkable tribute. My condolences to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Kelli said ... (12:33 PM) : 

My deepest condolences.
He looks and sounds like one amazing man!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Dear Scott, my condolences.

This may sound really off, but I really enjoyed reading this post, about your father. The pictures that were made, back in the day, are ALWAYS good. Those old family pictures always have that ´something special´. I especially loved the one where he is arriving in Madrid. That one is insanely beautiful!
Have a safe trip to ´Down Under!´. I´ve read on Garance Dore´s site you are travelling together with her. Lucky you.

All the best.

 

Anonymous Lord Brummel said ... (12:33 PM) : 

All my sympathy.

Nice tribute.

An keep up the good work for him too, he was so proud of you.

 

Anonymous Kath said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Very touching post. I'm so sorry for your loss.

 

Anonymous aurora said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I'm so sorry for yor loss.My condolences to you and your family

 

Blogger Hege said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your father seemed to be a great man, and I think the way you write about him tells us that so are you.

Thank you for sharing these photos with us.

 

Blogger Pictures on Page said ... (12:38 PM) : 

What a beautiful post. My condolences to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Your entry moved me immensely. I'm glad you're taking this so well. Stay strong and continue to be excellent in you field.

 

Blogger Candice Tarnowski said ... (12:38 PM) : 

My heart goes out to you, your Mum and sisters. I'm so sorry for your loss. Might that you feel your Dad is with you now and always.
Flowers.

 

Blogger parisgirl said ... (12:39 PM) : 

my sympathy on the loss of your father, scott. what a lovely tribute to him...the photographs and your words are beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Wonderful tribute to your father. My condolences to you and your family. I know he would be proud of you!

 

Blogger Pepa said ... (12:44 PM) : 

like father like son...lovely post. Great style, and I'm sure he will continue checking your blog. Big bear hug 4 u.

 

Blogger Joe said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Mes plus sincères condoléances.

Pascal, de Montréal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

My greatest condolences to you.
A beautiful post, he will forever be with you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Beautiful photos and tribute to your Dad. Thank you for sharing. My thoughts go to your family.

 

Anonymous Sonali said ... (12:50 PM) : 

My condolences Scott. What a beautiful and heartfelt post. I'm sure the pride you feel for your father goes both ways. Safe travels and thank you for doing what you do.

 

Anonymous edu said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. As several people has said above, this is the first time I leave a comment in your blog, although I read it every day. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos.

 

Blogger achnyc said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I am very sorry for your loss. You have posted a lovely tribute to your father. Your work is wonderful and he was justly proud -that knowledge will help to sustain you.

 

Blogger impecable said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Unmeasurable sadness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

My thoughts are with you and your family.

KRH

 

Blogger GO MESS said ... (12:56 PM) : 

My condolences to you.

 

Anonymous Daan said ... (12:57 PM) : 

My greatest condolences to you and your family. And a lot of thanks for the great pictures of him you shared with us. What rests me to say, please keep up the great tradition of travelling.

All the best in this difficult times to you and your family,

Daan (the Netherlands)

 

Blogger neil said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Great tribute.

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (12:59 PM) : 

So sorry. Please accept my deepest condolences.
Your dad was very handsome and chic, I must say. The photos and words are a wonderful tribute.

 

Blogger Chrissy Johnson said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Till you two meet again...

sending lots of love your family's way...

xoxo

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (1:00 PM) : 

♥my most sincere condolences to you and your family. and thank you for sharing these precious photos with us. stay strong and a big hug from california. xo/m

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:01 PM) : 

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Scott. Much love and thanks to you all...

 

Anonymous Therese said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I'm sorry for your lost.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

So sorry to hear this. As these posts suggest, you your self have influenced so many people whose hearts go out to you. You seem like you must have made your dad very proud.

 

Anonymous megu said ... (1:03 PM) : 

What a beautiful tribute. All the best in this difficult time

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

im so sorry about your loss. sendin glove and prayers to you and your family...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Condolences, keep the faith.

 

Anonymous Mary said ... (1:06 PM) : 

So sorry for your loss. These pictures were a real treat to look at, thank you for sharing them.

 

Anonymous Nelson said ... (1:07 PM) : 

My deepest condolences. My father passed away last year and I too went through his archive of photographs (he was a photographer as well). Discovering the part of his life before he had a family. It was an extremely cathartic process. Your father's photos are beautiful, a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing.

 

Anonymous cordelia said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Please accept my condolences. I know the feeling: my mother died six weeks ago. There is the sadness but those beautiful images of your dad are about life and joy.
Bon voyage!

 

Blogger Appeal to the Eye said ... (1:10 PM) : 

my most sincerely condolences to you and your family. I deeply understand what you're feeling, coz I lost two persons in my family less than one year ago.

lot of love
Verena

 

Blogger BobKentNoVa said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Scott, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father at age 28. It sounds like your relationship with your father parallels mine with my father. I found that as time passed that my father was still alive and a force in the lives of those who knew him best... myself included. I suspect you will have the same experience.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (1:11 PM) : 

So sorry. Sincerest condolences to you and yours.
Allen

 

Blogger Lisa B. said ... (1:12 PM) : 

What a lovely tribute to your father. I loved seeing the photos (I think my own dad must be about that same age), and I really love your blog--a wonderful and humane aesthetic. My sincere condolences.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

As he inspired you, you inspire us. My thoughts are with you.

 

Blogger Igor Tosk said ... (1:14 PM) : 

THANK YOU

 

Blogger Becky said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I'm so sorry to hear about your father.Please accept my sympathy, you and your family are in my thoughts. The photos you shared are amazing--what a dapper, handsome man! I can see what an important influence he was for you. He must have been extremely proud of you and your work. Hope the happy memories you have of your father will be a small consolation during this difficult time.

My condolences,
Becky

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I wish you condolences. God bless YOU.

 

Blogger Dutchbaby said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Thank you for so generously sharing your father's images with us. He was a dashingly handsome man! How great that he got to see and enjoy your success! You are doing him proud! My sympathy goes out to you.

 

Blogger elif said ... (1:22 PM) : 

may he rest in peace, he really looks and sounds like a great man. my deepest condolences to you and your family..

 

Blogger Augusta said ... (1:23 PM) : 

So sorry for your loss. You had great strength to go on with all your work during this, that I thik was a very hard time. A big hug to you and your family. Hope you'll have a good time in Australia and can enjoy the trip even through this hard period.

 

Blogger Jen Sc said ... (1:25 PM) : 

My deepest and sincerest condolences.
A wonderful piece.

 

Anonymous Domokun said ... (1:27 PM) : 

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Federico said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Condoglianze

 

Blogger maituins said ... (1:28 PM) : 

From Madrid, condolences from the heart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

My condolences to your and your family. The photos are gorgeous! And, I admire the way you remember you father-- "in action," "in motion" doing what he loved...a perfect way to memorialize a loved one.

 

Blogger Love + Cake said ... (1:29 PM) : 

I'm so so sorry for your loss <3

This is a wonderful post about him-I enjoyed the pictures very much and my thoughts go out to you and your family.
Safe travels to Australia,

xox, mavi

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:29 PM) : 

i am so so so so so so so so so so sorry . im not surprised that your dad was a fan of your blog it is one of the most amazing blogs i have ever read.

 

Blogger -ONE-PUCK- said ... (1:29 PM) : 

my greatest condolences....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

you really look a lot like your father. I'm so sorry for your loss..

 

Blogger MoonRox said ... (1:33 PM) : 

I am so sorry for your loss. Your father seems like he was an inspiring man.

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Sart,
May your father's light continue to shine through you and that lens of yours. It is nice to know that we will continue to see your world and views through your father's eyes...

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:37 PM) : 

i'm very sorry for your loss ...

the photos of your father are gorgeous - very inspirational.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father December 2008 and it leaves a hole that can never be filled. Keep up your great work, as your Dad would wish and inspired you to do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

i'm so sorry for your loss. i just lost my father as well and i know how hard it is.

i absolutely love your pictures and it's so nice that your father appreciated them too.

 

Blogger Monica M. Williams said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Everything you do now expresses how much your father meant to you. I'm a mother now; yesterday when someone asked my son what he wanted to do when he grew up, he said, "Make magazines, like Mommy." Of course, he may do something entirely different, but I was so proud and felt so close to him for even entertaining the thought. Your father must have thoroughly enjoyed your work and talent because I'm sure it's something he would have done himself.

I'm sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

great looking guy your dad. r.i.p.

 

Anonymous Noah Frydendahl said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Dear Scott,

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I am sure he must have been proud of you.

Best Regards

Noah

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

My condolences. Thanks to your dad for all that he did for you. We are the benefactors through The Sartorialist. Thanks.

 

Anonymous sugarxnspice said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Your father must be very proud of what you're doing now, Scott.

May he rest in peace & may God bless him and your family.

 

Anonymous Emelie said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Greatest condolence to you and your family. In allt the sorrow, remember all the bright moments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Condolences. Much love to you and your family. Thank you for sharing the wonderful images with us. X

 

Blogger CW said ... (1:42 PM) : 

May memories of good times spent together with your father balm your sorrow.

CW

 

Blogger Katy said ... (1:43 PM) : 

What an inspiring post! My deepest condolences to your family as well. At least your dad left this world knowing that he was proud of you and that you're following in his footsteps!

 

Blogger Pickering said ... (1:44 PM) : 

your dad had great style.
i send my condolences to you and your family.

and by the way, that was a great post, feel free to post more pictures of him! he was a very steezy man.

 

Blogger katkin said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Your father sounds like he was an amazing man, who lead a great life. I am sorry for your loss, and hope your trip to Australia offers you some comfort.

 

Blogger Ju said ... (1:44 PM) : 

What a beautiful homage. Lost for words.

 

Anonymous Thaina said ... (1:46 PM) : 

It was such a beautiful tribute!

I'm so sorry for you loss
Be sure that everything you do and everything you are will always remember you of his love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

You have my deepest sympathy in your loss.

 

Blogger poisy said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I know what that kind of loss means. Much love to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

My thoughts are with you and your family. Hang in there.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting