This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Via Tortona, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 02, 2009

On the Street......Via Tortona, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......Via Tortona, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

I LIKE THESE SORTS OF CITY STREET PHOTOGRAPHS YOU TAKE THE MOST!

 

Blogger David said ... (8:01 AM) : 

My god - a cashmere hoodie! A fight back by the middle classes?

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (8:05 AM) : 

LOVE his coat!

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (8:11 AM) : 

I'm liking the androgynous vibe. I've run into it a lot lately, and it just adds mystery and spice to life

 

Blogger MONI said ... (8:13 AM) : 

im lovin her duck shoes!

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 AM) : 

The Da Vinci Code

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Um, I think this is a guy. Great-looking person, either way...

 

Blogger niamh said ... (8:28 AM) : 

oh the coat is beautiful and like the little jean turn ups as well

 

Blogger ikbenwelmartin said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Interesting...The avant garde monk look perhaps? The woman on the picture can definitely ware this outfit, but not my favorite.

Nice bone structure tough...

 

Blogger Thomas Modeen said ... (9:03 AM) : 

That's more like it, who needs spray-tanned 'Miami-casual', when ash faced & clothed urbanites are around to set the tone...

I like...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

veryyyy manly...still pulls it off.

 

Anonymous L said ... (9:32 AM) : 

take me with you...take me to your planet!!!

 

Anonymous Spook said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Call me a prude (or a prune), but I'm sorry, for me the cigarette in the photo utterly sabotages the image.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Very androgynous! I'm guessing a boy, but it doesn't matter. I love the style, and the hair cut is pretty great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

her striking face makes it so good-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

David: If anything, it's an attempt by the upper classes to be streetwise. :-/

 

Blogger phopho said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Dark mood with dark denim.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

a bit weird but why not

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Be-otch is as bad as they come, daaaamn! I swear this is a compliment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

hello grim reaper!

 

Blogger Brian said ... (11:09 AM) : 

An "Opus Dei" extra from Tom Hank's new "Angels & Demons" movie???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

cold. angry. fashionable.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (11:15 AM) : 

This is so very nice. 1970s history professor garb revisited, feminized, and thus improved!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:39 AM) : 

androgyny at its best

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Silence for this Lamb.

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Gender aside...a Grace Jones opposite! WOW! Great picture! Great vision and sensibility to see this shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

i think people might best articulate the complement - compliment by saying FIERCE!

however, sHE is not because the shoes are a bit um, overcooked. However, points for making the best of the situation!

one snap.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I really like this one, very androgyne!

 

Blogger T said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Spooky... very spooky...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I want to say "fierce" without it being a camp type moment--she/he(?) really does look extremely tough.

I don't think the look would be what it is w/o the attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

yummy in a druid, stone henge sort of way.

outstanding.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I dunno - kind of reminds me of a designer "Snuggie" as seen on TV

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

I thought that HE was a SHE with huge feet...I get the appeal though. I can so see him blending in the woods on a dusky dawn, lithe gray ghost drawing a bow and arrow against the invaders of their sylvan realm...Sigh. I'd love to see the rest of those pants.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Mod or rocker I don't know. My first impression was Sting from Quadrophenia.

 

Blogger CW said ... (10:05 PM) : 

I dislike the androgynous monk look intensely. It doesn't do anything for anybody's any body.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (10:12 PM) : 

love wool hoods of all kinds!

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:27 PM) : 

Wow, this guy/gal ? has a wonderful 'don't mess with me 'tude'

Can't help but think, this looks like an 80's Parnass/Pelly Parachute coat.

Nonetheless, a wonderful shot!

 

Blogger Amir Olavi said ... (6:08 AM) : 

lovely androgynous look, very beautiful indeed! I find it appealing that you show gender-blending people quite often! world has never been black and white, and these stylish examples encourage people to see the beauty of extraordinary.

 

Anonymous Gianni3000 said ... (7:21 AM) : 

He's Finnish right? That's how we make'em.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

interesting pants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

got your mother in a whirl, she's not sure if you're a boy or a girl.

i rather like it that way- you look fantastic!

 

Anonymous Nan said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Hmm, I'm guessing boy. Pretty fab, either way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Boy... no doubt about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

spoooooky!

 

Anonymous Elia said ... (1:55 PM) : 

That's me and I'm a guy. Just so you know...

 

Blogger Deafkid said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Awesome. The best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Fellini's Satyricon extra?

 

Blogger Hardy.Originals said ... (12:21 AM) : 

Wonderful... Where can i get me some of those shoes? way too cool and totally casual... rockin man!!!

 

Blogger -Raju- said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Great job Elia! Wonderful coat! :D

Mi aspettavo di vederti qui prima o poi! ;)

a big hug!

 

Anonymous Meggierose said ... (11:57 PM) : 

Is it me, or are the proportions off a bit?

 

Blogger Passport Stamps said ... (1:42 AM) : 

interesting shoes...

man or woman? that's what I want to know. Strong facial features nontheless

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Very androgynous. He looks a bit like Bowie in "The Man Who Fell to Earth." I am not digging his shoes though. A bit limp considering his substantial coat.
Great shot though, Sart.

 

Blogger jodie said ... (11:35 PM) : 

somehow i am reminded of hedwig.
in a wonderful way, of course.

 

Blogger premsone said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Great coat. I would get it a little more fitted but great coat either way.

 

Anonymous federico said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Elia the best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

can anyone tell me where to find a pair of those shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

what a beautiful face... reminds me of one of mapplethorpe selfportraits.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting