This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......That Dress, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, April 20, 2009

On the Street......That Dress, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......That Dress, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Oh, I love this one! She looks great! Beautiful dress.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (10:33 AM) : 

love the texture, and she picked such a rich aubergine shade for her tights!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

just... wow. adore the way this outfit was ensembled. who would've thought it would look that good?! <3

 

Blogger meredith said ... (10:36 AM) : 

yummy colors! I also enjoy the combination of textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

she lost me with the long length of the underneath cardigan. the rest--from the dress to vest to the tights to the shoes--is perfection!

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Not just THAT dress but look at THAT bolero with THOSE stockings paired with THOSE shoes! Colour is such a fickle thing so I love how your blog shows so many inspirational photos of how you can range an outfits colour palette.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Brilliant! The separation of the 2texture-rich elements (fur shawl and tweed-y dress) by the cardigan is simply genius. I also love the color of the tights and the way it blends with the shoes. Great outfit. I also like the she is not wearing a bag that fights for the spotlight. Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous jamesxalife said ... (10:46 AM) : 

absolutely stunning
the texture of the dress looks so vibrant and thick yet seems to have a soft feel to it

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Beautiful combination of colors and I love purple tights :)

 

Blogger alibrandi camilla sleeloo said ... (10:53 AM) : 

so lovely

 

Blogger Mo said ... (10:54 AM) : 

That dress! those stockings! That vest! Incredible

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:57 AM) : 

It's the whole look. Pretty in pink (and I usually don't like too much pink), feminine, long legs and a beautiful face.

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (11:00 AM) : 

This is today's best! Not forced, not banal, not messed up... Simply stylish!

 

Anonymous kt said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Absolute stunner!

 

Anonymous suzanne nelson said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Perfect! Everything, from her beautiful heart-shaped face to those cool shoes works together so well i can even overlook the cellphone/backberry/lifesupport. i love it too when a lady with long hair takes the trouble to style it into an elegant updo - so chic and sophisticated - a fabulous accessory that if you can do it yourself costs nothing.

 

Blogger ggshoe said ... (11:25 AM) : 

WOW!
Effortless sense of style!!

 

Blogger Christiana said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Amazing styling.. So beautiful mixing!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

those shoes...

 

Blogger LaTanya B. said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Gorgeous! And so well put together. The colors are so great for her skintone and hair color.

 

Blogger Miiicha said ... (12:03 PM) : 

So cute dress OH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Looks like an outfit I would have put together when I played dress-up out of my mother's closet, with my own mary janes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Are the people in Europe really wearing this much fur, or are you just a fur-aholic? I hope it's fake...
Pretty dress, BTW.

 

Blogger amy said ... (12:14 PM) : 

This is me in 20 years... I hope ;)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:23 PM) : 

So smart; feminine and colorful, professional and classic. The texture is to die for; inspirational. I've been searching for tights this color; this post keeps me on the hunt! It also is making me click purchase on a textured full skirt fitted bodice dress I've had in my shopping cart online for weeks...

I love how this is spring--or fall--layering at its best. We're moving away from the winter super darks and into more playful shades, but we still need to keep warm.

 

Blogger Pretty Lovely said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I absolutely love the addition of the shrug. What an elegant and sophisticated look.


xx,

Sam @PrettyLovely

 

Anonymous dramaqueen said ... (12:46 PM) : 

oh, that everything!
she somehow reminds me of juliette binoche, and that's the nicest compliment i can make.
love her, love your blog. thank you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

love it! original. crazy. colors great.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:40 PM) : 

if she lost the fur, she'd look even more adorable.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (2:04 PM) : 

That dress and that look! She's amazingly beautiful especially in that outfit!

 

Blogger Celia said ... (2:05 PM) : 

flawless! that dress is a total showstopper.

 

Anonymous Catherine like Deneuve said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I was just pining after the fashions in "The Talented Mr. Ripley," which was on French TV last night. This outfit would have fit right in (and the movie is set in Italy--I guess great style is eternal). The only thing I am not crazy about is the sweater. Maybe if it were shorter? Or maybe not at all? Somehow cardigan sweaters still remind me of Mr. Rogers, even when they are pink and are on women as lovely as fresh roses.

 

Anonymous FashionMatchmaker said ... (3:22 PM) : 

The violet stockings against the pink dress is a great combination!

 

Blogger La chica said ... (4:19 PM) : 

lovely dress, bellísimo!

 

Blogger MONI said ... (4:27 PM) : 

and that vest! and that woman!

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger Alvin said ... (6:28 PM) : 

love the combination, everything works well together.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (6:55 PM) : 

Purple and pink and burgundy and beige, love it, love it, love it! It's girly but I don't find it too sweet at all. The fuzzy vest adds something textural and unexpected if you look from the feet and then move up.

 

Anonymous Fashion Speaks said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I'm in love with this outfit...colors, textures, and accessories(esp. shoes) work to create style deluxe...such a vogue|vintage moment;)!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:15 PM) : 

What an incredibly gorgeous dress & outfit! STUNNING!
xx

 

Blogger Aline said ... (7:34 PM) : 

she is amazing!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:53 PM) : 

GREAT OUTFIT!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Charming.

The maroon gate matches the fabric.

I LOVE the dark berry tights!!!!! They really make the pieces sing!

 

Anonymous Amy said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Fantastic outfit (except for the fur)! I love the purple stockings. Must get me a pair!

 

Blogger liana said ... (10:18 PM) : 

woooow!

 

Blogger anastasia said ... (10:37 PM) : 

I absolutely love this outfit! The pinks and lilacs, with the textural silver fur, the excellent fit and lengths; allowing different elements to be exposed. I would wear this in a heartbeat.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:50 PM) : 

Incredibly beautiful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:20 PM) : 

Beautiful colours. I love to see colour in outfits.

 

Anonymous Summer said ... (12:10 AM) : 

if only she wasn't using a cell phone but rather does old telephones with the speaker. her outfit is absolutely priceless. and i love the shade of purple on her legs and feet.

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (2:30 AM) : 

it's springtime and i'm hoping to see more ladies in nice dresses in nice colors like this. how refreshing!

 

Blogger Carmen said ... (3:27 AM) : 

I love this look

 

Blogger Mariona said ... (5:07 AM) : 

Fantastic Mix, great dress

 

Blogger C A said ... (5:07 AM) : 

Isn't it a Dolce & Gabbana dress?
I think it is from their last collection, i cant remember well ;p


Carlos Silva
http://MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Drew said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Oh my, I love this picture! I want to be her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

She reminds me of Juliette Binoche... Cute

 

Blogger clerk said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I am having layering envy. As my body does not allow me to wear a look like this, I need glamorous pictures instead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Oh my gosh! She's wonderful!

I wanted to let you know that I sometimes use your photographs as my inspiration for the week. I hope you don't mind. I would love to use this one too.

TrendKat

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (3:27 PM) : 

She's soooo cuuuuute!

 

Anonymous katie said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Cabiria!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Love the belt around the outside of the cardigan. The look is nearly flawless, I just hope her shrug is faux fur!

Olive

ww.visforolive.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Jazibelle said ... (6:18 PM) : 

All of a sudden I need to find a pair of purple tights to go with my purple shoes :)

 

Anonymous Golden Thoughts said ... (11:55 PM) : 

cool blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

terrific! i live in the bay area where it's often chilly, cool or cold and i go round with the best way to layer decidedly feminine pieces without simply wearing a tea length coat.

i like it, it's fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 AM) : 

j'adore this pattern and the fur/gilet/dress mix

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

SO beautiful...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 AM) : 

i need some deep purple in my life. ive just decided 2 seconds ago when i saw this post.

www.aussenhaut.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous chavelade said ... (4:11 AM) : 

she looks great. I have that same Marni´s alpaca bolero but I never got to wear it so stylish

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Ah, this is perfection.

www.platformmag.net

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

What a wonder this is! Sometimes I see a photo here that makes me really light up inside and this is certainly one of them. The initial thing that drew me in was the contrasting textures, not only of the fabrics and the fur, but also the concrete and the metal bars against each other. Secondly, the colors are perfectly balanced against each other so as to highlight each element in the composition while favoring no one in particular. Finally, the insouciance of the woman herself is the essential element that completes the picture. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

OH! I AGREE WITH ANONYMUS... SHE LOOKS LIKE JULIETE BINOCHE... CUTE, NICE...

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (11:06 PM) : 

beautiful shape - so utterly flattering!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Hmm, like others I'm not so sure about the cardigan, but the rest is just wow!

 

Anonymous HOnestChitChat said ... (2:38 AM) : 

Goooooooooooogeous! Colors are edible!

 

Anonymous yellowshoe.blogg.se said ... (9:52 AM) : 

love the colours of the dress and tights.stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

I love the retro style and full skirt of the dress. The purple tights & shoes make it even more interesting. She'd better have left off that shaggy fur thing, though. It's awful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

This reminds me of Prada some years back at the height of their 50's vintage influence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

It's Marni and I just adore it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Nice dress, but I don't like what she's put it with.

 

Blogger Dhppy said ... (8:22 PM) : 

For some reason, I don't have guts to wear a belt outside of my cardigan, it's just a little too studied and obvious a fashion move, much like the male fedora thing going around. I must say though, she wears it well. I wish I could get a closer look at those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Isn't she just so fine. My, oh my!

 

Anonymous Ruth said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Love this, it reminds me of the pink missoni we have here.

Ruth x

http://blog.matchesfashion.com/

 

Anonymous NikaPika said ... (9:13 AM) : 

What a great outfit! The combination of lilacs and pinks with the gorgeous fur vest is just mind blowing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

wow! She looks perfect with that pink dress! I love Marni too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Love the color combo and mix of pattern and texture; the contrast gives the outfit an element of inventiveness and surprise. The belt is another creative modification that gives her more ownership of the look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:57 AM) : 

I want to see this without that ridiculous fur. The dress looks incredible though

 

Blogger shoegal said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Wow!!!! So beautiful!!! :D

 

Anonymous Website Promotion said ... (6:50 AM) : 

cool blog

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting