This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Spring Knocking, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 16, 2009

On the Street......Spring Knocking, Milan

Comments on "On the Street......Spring Knocking, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

WOW the purple pants; WOW the silver touches (buttons on the jacket, bulky watch, phone, hair!) WOW this very snazzy man. What is he wearing on his right cuff? Would enjoy seeing his backside (hair and all), his eyes (behind the shades), man-bag. The contrast to the building (?) is very cool. His moustach and lips are very sexy! Great body!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Ouch! That sort of hurts the eye.

 

Blogger 50two said ... (10:36 AM) : 

lovely buttons :)

those pants make everything else blend into the background and now all i can see is purple pants.

 

Blogger birdfeed said ... (10:41 AM) : 

The purple is nice. It looks good on him.

 

Blogger kadler said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Haha. Love it.

 

Anonymous Huxley said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Not sure about the chaps ensemble generally, but the colour of those trousers certainly packs a punch! Quite like the fit of them as well, potentially a bit too short though?

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (10:54 AM) : 

His jeans almost appear wet-look? haha well i love that there is one button undone to confuse the eye with the asymmetry.

http://ohdearcharlotte.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Grace said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Hmm... I can't decide whether I love this or abhor it. I think I love it, but I'm iffy on the brown shoes. I definitely love his attitude and his stance. Nice photo!

 

Blogger kittenmasks said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Gahhh! Gotta love a man who can rock purple pants. Is that a ring on his left hand?

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (10:59 AM) : 

the color.. it's so surreal..

the tilt buttons are also great :D

 

Anonymous holierthannow said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Zero comments? hello?

those pants are a great color and Oh to be a person who thinks, wtf i'll wear these bright purple pants and then look great (i guess there are 2 of those people in the world, this guy and Prince).

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (11:03 AM) : 

This just makes my day.
Fearless!

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (11:06 AM) : 

The jacket is quite elegant, streamlined.

I don't approve of the pants. Love the color, but I don't like the fact that they are too short. :/

 

Blogger amalie said ... (11:13 AM) : 

damn. LOVE his pants.

 

Blogger ryder said ... (11:14 AM) : 

those pants are WOW!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

loooove it!

 

Blogger Lorenzo Sodi - Andrea Vitali Rosati said ... (11:27 AM) : 

This is Florence my friend!

 

Blogger laurenzo mefsut said ... (11:47 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Erika said ... (11:55 AM) : 

LOVE.

 

Blogger The Voguette said ... (12:03 PM) : 

the color is FANTASTIC.
xox.
The Voguette

 

Blogger Amra said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Wow! That equals courage!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

i'm torn!?!

 

Blogger Gary K. said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Do I love everything about this? Yes. Do I think I could pull this off? No. Why is it that the looks I love the most on this site I would never dare try in public?

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (12:18 PM) : 

The shoes with the purple trousers, i like that!

 

Anonymous monalisa said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Love the face, love the jacket ... the pants-not so much.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Gorgeous guy - memorable. Should have done more with his shoes.

Is he famous? He looks it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Wow; just wow. That color just completely makes the outfit. I love the trousers so much, especially the cut and length, which allows one to see those navy socks. Also a huge fan of the sunglasses and hair, and that cardigan is gorgeous. Just a lovely outfit; I want to meet this man!

 

Blogger Milo Beloved said ... (12:55 PM) : 

how is that color even possible?

I love it!

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Love the cropped purple pants and the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I love the color of the pants. I just think this looks a bit contrived.

 

Blogger omphaloskeptic said ... (1:14 PM) : 

"start wearing purple, wearing purple"
thanks for reminding me to bust out the gogol bordello!

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Magnificent. I like everything about him—shoes, socks, pants, sweater, accessories, flecks of gray in the hair. It's perfection! More of him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

He would look better without socks

 

Blogger KONSHONCHLOE said ... (2:55 PM) : 

espectacular pants!!!! hight color pants its greatt ,,,

 

Blogger This chick's got style said ... (2:57 PM) : 

What an unexpected color, but he pulls it off with grace. Not 100% sure about about the brown shoes and blue socks underneath though..

http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Amazing Color!!! good for him :)

 

Anonymous ioana said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Love it.
He stands out, and he can carry it, no problem:)

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (3:54 PM) : 

As Emeril would say "Bamm!" Lovin it! Color me bad, color me loud, just color me! Then, comfort me in this most deliciously big buttoned cushy jacket/sweater and expertly distressed suedies, while I look at you look at me, looking at you looking at me in my too cool, big framed Persols…Booyah!

 

Blogger Rita said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Forget the outfit, I'm all about that perfectly kept beard <3

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (4:15 PM) : 

The amazing thing is that it doesn't look contrived- it looks like he's wearing just what he likes. The purple pants/blue socks/brown shoes look great.

 

Anonymous Victor said ... (4:23 PM) : 

We all should start wearing color to beat the general depression !!!

Love those pants

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (4:49 PM) : 

This is absolutely not purple - it's fuchsia!! He's dreamy. A little contrived and ever so slightly precious but he's fearless and fabulous.....

 

Blogger Chris Johnson said ... (5:01 PM) : 

He better eat those purple jeans right on up!! LOL

 

Blogger ... said ... (5:10 PM) : 

spring shocking!

haha

http://siqlogic.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I approve 100%! If he were in America my approval rating might not be so high. I'm asking myself why is that and as of yet, I don't have an answer.

There's something shocking about purple pants on a man. But if a man were going to wear purple pants it should be this man. The dark everything else really works here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Bit of a risky move with the extremely bright purple trousers and I'm not sure it's really paid off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

I love photos like this when I read the header (while slowly scrolling down the image) and then BAM! Most frequently it's the shoes that will take me by surprise, but those pants actually caused me to gasp. It was totally unexpected after the upper half of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Zenas313 said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Sart:

I am usually on the Italian bandwagon with you, but I have to sit out this ride! I agree with Stefan @ 11:06 AM, the jacket is crazy great, the purple pants (with green socks?!?) can't do. As for all the other accessories - shades, bracelet and watch, belt buckle - I say "well done sir!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

We referred to these as "go to hell pants" when I was younger. Whenever I don my most outrageous madras trousers that is precisely the attitude I adopt. Bravo for this fellow! (I would have liked about another 3/4" to 1" in length, though.)

 

Blogger Un Monito said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Is that a pack of thrills in your pants or are you just "thrill"-ed to see me. Love these pants but the knit under the cardigan is AMAZING! - Cool shot w/ the background.

 

Blogger Josh Tengan said ... (9:40 PM) : 

heck yes. europe says purple's still in this season?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Awesome! I'm not sure that you could find a better color scheme to match those loud, loud pants. Fearless!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:40 PM) : 

Interesting outfit!

 

Blogger alexantha said ... (11:04 PM) : 

sorry, but those pants are an eye-searing fuschia or magenta, not purple. he was obviously out to make quite a head-turning statement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

What's so wrong with some vibrant color.

This guy is bold... literally. I think it takes a lot of confidence to be cool in whatever. The world needs more bright colors.

I like this image.

 

Blogger Mr Brown said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Classic and shock.

Beau Brummel wouldn't approve of the shade but certainly the approach.

 

Anonymous FVAD said ... (5:23 AM) : 

A Style Lesson to Learn: things, that are Fundamentally, a No NO, can be, a YES YES in rare conditions (0.099%). This is one of them.

I <3 his attitude.

FVAD

 

Blogger Patrick Mercier said ... (8:03 AM) : 

These pants are so LOUD !

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:03 AM) : 

Not enough red in the pants to be called fuchsia or magenta, though violet might be more appropriate than purple, which would have more blue. Ultra-violet?

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:23 AM) : 

...as a friend says, "You can't go wrong at the high end of the spectrum".

 

Blogger Acorn Dandelion and Rose said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Iffy on the brown shoes with the socks but not sure what I would have instead. That's a tricky length for men unless it's summer and there are no socks at all. I love his boldness though!

 

Blogger Words Between the Spaces said ... (2:22 PM) : 

That's a statement!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

You know, my idea of heaven is a world in which all men look and dress like Northern Italians, but at the same time I'm bothered by teh length of the pants. He looks a bit elfin to me here. :) Still, I do like the *balls* it takes to wear this. ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

heliotrope perhaps? they are a divine shade if a tad short...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

loved, but did not like the brown shoes with the blue half. kisses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 PM) : 

A pair of aquamarine pants that fit a bit looser and longer would have worked better. I love hiss accessories, especially the loafers. Genius!

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (4:22 AM) : 

super bright! but he looks good in it

 

Blogger FoundVintageStyle said ... (9:32 AM) : 

he is a living and breathing work of art... g o r g e o u s !

 

Anonymous alamodedujour said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I was in Florence and I saw so much colour on men like this man. I was blown away by the choices.

Grazie mille!

 

Blogger Tereza Š. said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I´ve never seen a man in that type of colored pants in my city! I think it´s pity, bcs he is rockin´ it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Love it!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (7:59 PM) : 

Cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

I really love the jacket he's weraing. Very classical and modern at the same time...
Would you have an idea of the designer????
Thank you

 

Blogger lovemehateme said ... (2:15 AM) : 

maybe he is color blind...many men are ...seriously, he is stunning....bravissimo:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

he looks spiffy until we get to the ankles. i can't wait until short pants are gone, gone, gone!

 

Blogger Jack Jr. said ... (2:11 PM) : 

perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Shades of purple are all anyone in Italy is wearing this Spring. It's already so rampant, I can't stand the sight of it anymore.

 

Blogger anita said ... (9:40 PM) : 

He look's great!

 

Blogger Love + Cake said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Lol...but I like it!

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:06 PM) : 

While I'm not a fan of the Grape skinny pants (maybe I'm jealous) I LOVE the off-center big-buttoned top.
Gorgeous photo!

 

Blogger marC said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Great way to mix colors that don't seem to go together at first. He proved a lot of people wrong!

mC
missiontomurse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Charlotte said ... (2:24 AM) : 

I love the pants...An incredible color for a man! And he still looks masculine.

http://www.charlottecollard.canalblog.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 AM) : 

Wow! So Bright!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

i love the color and that the pants are ankle dipping! Love that!

 

Blogger ..... said ... (11:21 AM) : 

This colour is very pretty

 

Blogger Andy...... said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I love that jacket....

 

Blogger Devon said ... (5:36 PM) : 

this is perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

sooo colorfull ^^ it`s amazing
i would change the large of his pants ;)

- sorry again for my english, i`m chilean !

xoxo

 

Blogger RJ said ... (8:07 PM) : 

He makes me wish I was shorter so I could pull this look off. Also, the cardigan is very well made.

 

Blogger Andreas Weinås said ... (11:18 AM) : 

I love the colors and the style all though I would say that the pants are about 2-3 inches from perfection. Show your shoes but not your socks is a wellknown expression these days but still very elegant way to wear a couple of pants.

 

Blogger James Taylor said ... (3:29 PM) : 

As they say in Florence, "Forza Viola!"

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I had a shirt that colour once... I wonder if it was a good idea. I love the jacket, but I just cannot get used the pants, I think its just the colour. He seems happy though, ultimately that's what matters :) yep, I was happy with my shirt.
Elizabeth.

 

Blogger Le Dandy said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Just love the look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

I could tell he was italian even without scrolling down the entire picture...;)

 

Blogger CeImbracAzi-Sonia said ... (7:02 AM) : 

Oh, Italian men and fashion :) The dark blue socks, the too short pants...neah....

 

Blogger C said ... (10:26 PM) : 

As a color, I like that violet but the pants are too much for me- not a trace of subtlety, like a punch in my eye. Ouch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

As if you needed to add "Milan" to this photo!

 

Blogger bruh said ... (7:27 PM) : 

LOOOOOVE IT SO MUCH !

 

Blogger Prems de Classe said ... (9:31 PM) : 

he's following my advice...and Men's Vogue International http://premsdeclasse.blogspot.com/2009/03/dans-la-peau-de-johndodelande.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

Definitelly the pants killed me of envie...so gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 AM) : 

Love this look. So cool. Are they blue socks?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

I really do like the cardigan. On many men it would look frumpy, but not on him. I'd have a more favorable opinion of the pants if they were one size larger though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

Great sunglasses, great beard, great cardigan, great belt, great shoes but those pants are a borderline criminal. Nobody is pulling them off, ever.

 

Anonymous V said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I'm not sure at all, but isn't he Giambattista Valli?

 

Blogger Ricky James said ... (5:02 AM) : 

I really love the colour but dont know if I would wear the pants but he does look amazing in them..

http://rickyjamesflynn.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

The vibrant color-block jeans seem to be all the rage this spring among Italian men. I ran into an Italian tour group at Sagrada Familia in Barcelona over Easter and the majority of the fellows had donned them -- not just in purple, but neon pink and green as well.

Of course, its popularity does nothing to reduce the insufferability of this fleeting and sure-to-be-dead-soon fad. To paraphrase Yves St. Laurent: fashion is fleeting but tackiness is eternal.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:26 AM) : 

what a stunning shade of purple, instantly therapeutic!

 

Blogger Marty McFly said ... (3:05 PM) : 

im not a huge fan of brightly colored pants

but i have to take my hat off to this man, he owns this look

too much attitude, sex, and its flat out well put together

classic.

the slightly undergrown beard, wayfarers, understated silver accents are elegantly hip

the tasseled salt and pepper hair is just the icing on the cake

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

But doesn't he look JUST like Ben Stiller in Zoology.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

He looks STUNNING.

 

Blogger Tango K said ... (6:10 PM) : 

the best part about scrolling down through the blog is how each picture unfolds... First seeing his handsome face-the gray-the sunglasses, then POP the asymmetrical buttons on the cardigan, then BAM! those amazing pants! Love the entire look~

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting