This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......West 21 St., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

On the Street......West 21 St., NYC

Comments on "On the Street......West 21 St., NYC"

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Great boots!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Oh my, I believe these are the 3rd roper/apron boots you have shown in the last couple of weeks- do I feel a trend coming on? Around here, those boots are worn by country folks; I'll stick with my Red Wings, but it is fun to watch the new yorkers with their ropers. I like the fit and the cuff of the jeans and the hat on him. The bag looks like a Rogues Gallery tote, which is a must if you are shopping for a tote. Great look! Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger David said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Bloke in duffle coat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

hes da bomb

 

Blogger plate snapper said ... (9:21 AM) : 

pretty cool proportions... and i love the bag - but i can't decide if whatever pink that's hanging out if it is what's making it work for me... anything pink and black in relation to men works for me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

man of my dream

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Hah - the pink highlight! :-D
I love the coat (looks like dark navy) and the blue skinny jeans.
A very stylish guy who knows how to put some accents!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Neat!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Ryan! he's the best!

 

Blogger Mikelle Street said ... (10:32 AM) : 

I pretty much love this coat expecially with the buttons like that. Umm yah, the bags kewl, and so are the pants.

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Cool boots!!

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Such a gorgeous coat.. I like the pink deet in his bag :p

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (11:22 AM) : 

classic with edge - very nicely done.

~stylethread.activeboard.com

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (12:18 PM) : 

WOW! Okay, let me catch my breath. He's just too fine!

Now for the ensemble. I love it. Very stylish without loosing masculinity. The proportions work perfectly and the subtle tonal changes are nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Ok, nice enough, we can talk. "I like your rolled cuff skinnies."

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Handsome and warm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

This man knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to curating a look. He has a great eye when it comes to silhouettes and color. I have seen him around the city many times. I think he's a stylist, if he isn't then he should definitely pursue a career in styling!

 

Blogger Foster Huntington said ... (1:34 PM) : 

gotta love the rogues gallery tote. they are awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Duffel master.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Hellloooooo, gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

The whole thing is subtly wonderful, but the shoes are what really draw my eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

certainly a well curated look from top to toe. This young man has covered all areas whilst maintaining simplicity. His clothes whisper quality and recognition and yet there isn't a logo in sight! I know the bag is Rogues - a must have! Those boots...I die. Fit of the jeans is on point - nothing like a skinny jean with give and some breakage at the bottom. This little darling even cuffed the jeans some - nice touch. And that duffle coat? - I love peg buttons (aka Paddington Bear coat).

Kudos to you, wherever you are dear.

xx

 

Blogger angelique said ... (3:12 PM) : 

neat classic updated with a hip touch. love it.

 

Blogger Manja said ... (3:18 PM) : 

When I saw him at first and kept on scrolling down, I was like "boring...boring..." and then I saw the BOOTS! The totally make the whole outfit....oh, so amazing!

 

Blogger BlahDiBlahBlah said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Great boots

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I think he looks very nautical. The hat, the closure on the coat, the rope on the bag.

The pink? Sometimes stuff just comes in a pink bag. To me it looks like he bought something. The store put it in a pink bag and he shoved it in his bag. It never occurs to me that this is a conscious decision. And it looks like plastic in there. Are my eyes failing me?

When I see these skinny jeans I wonder if the dudes can sit down without squishing something vital. But there you go. I don't know, because I don't have those issues.

He does look good.

 

Blogger darth seahorse said ... (5:03 PM) : 

does anyone know what boots those are?? Im usually not a fan of the roper but ive fallen in love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

My, my. Absolutely fabulous. Skinny jeans and the long coat. And that expression... my, my.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

The bag is too feminine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

And that coat... what brand is that duffle coat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

so nicely put together. i love the combination of navies, blacks, and browns. so polished!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

To everyone who is so perplexed:

Men's skinny jeans are tight in the leg, not the crotch. I'm fairly confident he is wearing Levi's 510s. I have a pair, the crotch is low so everything is safe from being crushed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM) : 

his boots are incredible, can you get girls versions?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:23 PM) : 

Boater meets runway. Great mix!

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (1:31 AM) : 

the boots! overall great touch, the hat, the coat, the jeans, the bag; heck even the pink plastic in the bag. it's very neutral with the highlights in the right place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 AM) : 

need the brand of this coat??? its to cool 4 skool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

He balances masculine attire and dressing with style effortlessly. Timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

This fit looks absolutely amazing! The length of the coat, the skinny jeans, and THOSE shoes!

 

Blogger Helen said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Someone was asking earlier...

The boots, I believe, are Justin's Roper Lace-Ups.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Rogues Gallery bag?

Diggin those boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Grenson built a combination canvas/leather roper style boot for Rag and Bone for the 2008 Fall season. Yup a trend is a comin'...

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (9:23 PM) : 

nice, i like it.
boots are great, as is the coat. I also have been really into hats lately, so that's a nice touch too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:19 AM) : 

I really like his toggle coat. It looks very well made and warm. Nicely done.

 

Blogger Lucky said ... (6:19 AM) : 

looking at just the outfits... Ive got to say those boots complete the piece.

in terms of looking at this just as a photo for what it is... i love the beautiful pink colour in the bag really pushes the dynamics in terms of a nice touch to the piece. Really nice!

 

Blogger Passport Stamps said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I'm not a big fan of those boots but everything else is on point...

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (5:47 PM) : 

i like the boots, it adds character to the outfit. overall, his outfit is adorable. i really like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

Wow I love this!
Which is quite a surprise, since it's not my "ordinary" style. Very well done.

 

Blogger Keith said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love the boots and coat.

 

Blogger About Me said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I love the boots. They're like formal hiker shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Great duffle/boots/beanie combo and a soft gentle face..What an awful pair of jeans! It cancels the whole effect.

 

Blogger SOPHIA said ... (5:55 PM) : 

those boots are gorgeous. I absolutely adore them. plus alongside those boots his expression reminds me of a posh construction worker!

-Sophie (http://bonjourmodele.blogspot.com)

 

Blogger Sierra Moore said ... (9:37 AM) : 

This is a great look for him. The skinny jeans are quite flattering along with the snazzy boots. Navy blue is a great color, I should remember to use it more often.

 

Blogger Donny Jensen said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Go ask him yourself - he works at the 11th location of Odin NYC.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting