This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Slashed, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On the Street......Slashed, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......Slashed, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

cute

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Such long legs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

I love that sweater, and dear God look at those legs!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Proportions: her legs are elongated to the max by wearing the leggings with the top as short as it can decently be. The booties and heels further accentuate the effect. Did she cast her coat aside for the photograph? Everyone in the background appears to be wearing jackets! Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I'm not sure why but I really don't care for this. It's a very nice silhouette - I'm just not a big fan of the slashes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Oh this is absolutely magnificent! She looks dark, hard ans yet so fresh! The dress, the shoes and the hair reminds me of Swedish singer Robyn. And just look at her clutch, her nail polish and the ring on her finger. If I ever doubted that less is more, I'll just look at this lovely pic and it'll convince me that less is indeed more!

 

Blogger Sarah Lim said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Wow. Love the knit sweater. This is so Brigitte Bardot. Sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

First!
She looks beautiful. Nice knitwork!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Cool. looks as if she did it herself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

I don't like when the top is so short that it gives a "I forgot my pants" look.

 

Blogger Mikelle Street said ... (9:25 AM) : 

So I don't know if she cut this herself but if she did KUDOS! I have not seen anyone cut and slash thier clothing and pull it off with such class! Love it!

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Her clutch! Those boots! Just perfect!!

 

Blogger  said ... (9:32 AM) : 

great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

i love the striped top peaking through the slits in her sweater. i also think the length is just perfect enough to work with the tights..of course, great legs don't hurt!

www.therestisjusticing.blogspot.com

 

Blogger s. said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I have seen these boots in very many pictures, they're so beautiful! does anyone know where i can find myself a pair?

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Nice, but only if you're a size 0. Add hips and a butt into the mix and this would make the "How not to dress" list. I love the slashing though. May have to do that on one of my shirts.

 

Blogger MejLoza.com said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I like this! I never tire of those ysl boots as well.

-2985 pieces

 

Blogger Connie said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Another pair of YSL Tribute boots! It's a great look, love the rips and flashes of white peeking through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

love her feature,short blonde hair with black attire...contrast...see the white stipe shirt.perfect!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (10:23 AM) : 

i like her sassy way of styling a sweatshirt/leggings silhouette. she kicks it up to the next level with her ysl platform booties and i love the little splash of color in her manicure!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Is she also wearing those YSL Tribute Platforms?

I like her outfit. But again, you can't go wrong when wearing all black. It's too easy to wear all black because you'll always look good.

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (10:31 AM) : 

those hills are gorgeous!

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Now can I get out my beadazzler and scissors? I know, the beadazzler is the one extra thing that no one over the age of ten really needs, but things seem to be going over the top in that way that only a bad economy can send them. I love it when people realize there really isn't anything to lose. She looks fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Tights are not pants. Please stop with this. It's been done people! It gets very tiresome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I love the slashing. It reminds me of 17thC doublets. And what a lovely young woman.

The sweater seems to be pulled down here, but I wonder if it stays down as she moves about. For some reason, it bothers me when someone wears leggings, and the top doesn't cover the derriere (even if the person has a lovely one).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

She looks fabulous, you're so right! Lovely silhouete and attitude, above all!
X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Great! But she must be freezing...

 

Blogger PeeeNUTZ said ... (11:03 AM) : 

love all of the pics.. loving the legs and the ease...and it's making me miss home!!..and making me feel the need to go shopping for more shoes!

 

Blogger cmc said ... (11:14 AM) : 

ah les bottes! les bottes! les bottes!

 

Blogger Haute World said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I like the all-black, the knit slashed-top and the boots. But as some have mentioned, I would have preferred the top to be longer. And Jorge is right... where is her coat? Because I'm in Paris as well and can attest it's not that warm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Not everyone looks good in all black. I look terrible when I'm not wearing colours- it's because of my skin tone. She looks awesome, though cold.

 

Blogger Dick said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Do like the cut. Ha ha

 

Blogger Maria said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I'm in love, for a first time for a long time leggins as trousers look good, not to forget the slashed shirt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

LOVE this. Love the legging pants, there is nothing wrong with them as long as you have the legs to do it... and the sweater is amazing- anyone know the brand? I think I might...but not sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I love it! My favourite one!

 

Blogger Henke S said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Very nice. Love the tights/sweatshirt -mix.

/ blamethecream.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (12:04 PM) : 

she's gorgeous!
but I wouldn't dare such a "lenght"...
xo

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Black is always perfect!

 

Blogger MONI said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I love this picture and her look is mazing.
http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger K(ristine) A(malie ) said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I love this! :D God do I wish I had legs like that :O

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I love the way this slashed look picks up an otherwise overly simple outfit. Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

<3 this

 

Blogger Gabi said ... (1:18 PM) : 

she looks so innocent! love the outfit.

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Ok I'm not sick and tired of Balman jackets, but of YSL Tribute too. Apart from that, she looks amazing. I love her sweater/dress

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

I like the look, it's cool, but I will never wear it, I don't like showing my buttom!

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She looks fresh. Maybe a bit cold. Little makeup, nice simple and lean look. Lovely YSLs. Much better than that Balmain jacket. Still can't get over it (shudder).

x0x0 Lusty

www.ontheblogbandwagon.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

She looks nervous, but she has no need. She looks great.

 

Blogger K said ... (2:11 PM) : 

wow long legs!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

I think this looks proves that those boots can make any outfit...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

waou! It's just the perfect lenght : just not too short!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

I kind of like the slashed sweater with the stripes underneath. I think it would also look good like a vest - that is, a long, sleeved, striped T shirt underneath.

I also like the fact she is not wearing jewelry around the face - though I can't say the same for the fact that she in not wearing a bottom.......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Beautiful silouette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

gimme her legs!

 

Blogger Emeua I Kibordzka said ... (3:19 PM) : 

It's not something that everybody could wear, but I think she looks great in it.

 

Blogger A La Mode said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Cute! The shoes are a great finishing touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

For the love of god. Leggings aren't pants. Completely ridiculous. The sweater is lovely, but I'd be much less distracted if she were wearing slim black denim pants or something.

 

Blogger Amy (the b-line) said ... (4:13 PM) : 

So, so chic! What a great look!

 

Blogger srq said ... (4:19 PM) : 

trite.

 

Blogger FASHION CHALET said ... (4:41 PM) : 

THE SHOES
THE SHOES

=]

xxx

 

Blogger CW said ... (4:47 PM) : 

The woman is naturally beautiful but appears to be without make-up as well as without much fashion guidance. The outfit is too plain. If it were not for the stretch pants/tights one would think she's attending a funeral.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:52 PM) : 

FIERCE! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I am desperately in love with this outfit. It looks comfortable, chic, simple, elegant, classic....I could go on forever!

Everything she's wearing is perfect.


Le seulement problem est c'est tres froid au Paris....et je pense que si j'ai le meme ensemble, je mouriai de froid!

bisou
xxx

 

Blogger susie miller said ... (7:36 PM) : 

i love it,the flashes of white through all black. gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

Dude, where's my pants?

Seriously, add or subtract three inches to the sweater and i think it would look perfect. At that length it just looks like she forgot the bottom half.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

love the shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

The shoes are interesting. Are these the same shoes as in the Les Tuileries photo?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

She is not wearing pants. No.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Leggings ARE pants. See look pants. She's wearing them as pants and smirking at all those wouldn't dare!

 

Blogger Alexandra Joye Houston said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Love those shoes!

 

Blogger teresa.dear said ... (3:40 AM) : 

all the black on black is very chic, especially the shoes, and then the crew neck top with the slashes gives it an edgy, grungy feel that i like. i also like her bright red nail polish and simple band on her finger. leggings as pants are great, as long as you have lean legs and the material is resonably thick.

love this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

love the mood, the color hair, the shape of the look.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (4:01 AM) : 

I like the shoes! she wears the outfit well and it looks good on her, even though i'm not sure whether leggings are pants, or even if they are concired pants, is it a good idea to wear them as ones :)

 

Blogger tizzylish said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Adam Ant here we come!!! Love the 80's look updated with the YSL booties. Rocking!!

http://wwwfuzzyland.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

It's Katie Shillingford, fashion editor of Dazed & Confused....

 

Blogger The Voguette said ... (8:29 PM) : 

that sweater looks amazing on her - i was so tempted to buy it... but alas it didnt look as good on me.

 

Blogger Jillian said ... (8:48 PM) : 

love love love the sweater!

 

Blogger Honeygo Beasley said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Same boots as girl in colorful dress with black jacket and bare legs a couple of posts back, right?
They must be popular...or on sale...or both.

 

Blogger The Vogue Society said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Loving the sweater and the boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

Add mine to the voices calling for pants on this lass! Black tights do not give one license to go out with one's bottom literally hanging out. It's just poor taste.

Anyway, the slashes resonate with me; I did this myself to an old shirt this weekend. Slashing brings visual interest to an otherwise plain garment.

 

Blogger Missy's Got Fighting Blood said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Great legs! And I love how she looks plain, yet not plain and how the red nail polish stands out against so much black. She reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow. Oh if I could pull this off! I like the hair, too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:02 PM) : 

this is haute
I WOULD SOO love to wear this!!
i am obsessed with tights
andd this is great!!
love those shoes too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

She could add a very short and sleek skirt to the outfit and it would look more tasteful. It would look less like she'd forgotten to put on a skirt or pants.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (1:49 PM) : 

oh, she has nice legs...
but, i think she looks like: oopps, i've lost my pants...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

she looks cold...

 

Blogger Ham said ... (4:10 AM) : 

I like her style. she looks cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

i LOVE the heels, and she doesn't look cold she looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

I just love this, so simplistic but a real Wow now outfit.My mum loved the Italian women featured in The Times magazine today-I think they did an interview on The Satorilaist. Good stuff.
H

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Those YSL boots sure do get around.

 

Blogger Cal said ... (6:37 AM) : 

Where do these girls get their legs!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

without a doubt, this girl has AMAZING legs (how are all these woman not models with such incredible figures?!). but i have to join the "tights are not pants" bandwagon.

perhaps if the jumper/pullover was a little longer, it would be ok. but it is daringly short to wear with just tights! surely black skinny jeans would have sufficed?

beautiful face though, love the minimal makeup, shoes are killer, but the poor dear looks a little cold!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting