This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Sitting Pretty, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

On the Street......Sitting Pretty, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......Sitting Pretty, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Great circus act, in heels. And how did she get up there? She is short, but strong. You got to love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

catbird on a wire

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

I love how she accessorize, but the hat is slightly misplaced in my opinion. Or maybe it's just too much with the leopard print leggings/ pants. Is that a Dries van Noten bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I admire the way she is sitting there. The posing!!! Awesome!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Shee looks quite nice...like her animal-print leggins in pink, and her attitude...nice shot!
X

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:22 AM) : 

I always love the courage in people who get out of the house in things I would not even consider buying, because they are so bold. I adore the leggings and the fact that she wears them with confidence. I also like that her clothes do not look brand-new or trendy. Great shot! Jorge from W Palm Beac

 

Blogger *Super Star Sumz* said ... (9:33 AM) : 

I love the vibrant pink! Plus her shoes are nice :)

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (9:38 AM) : 

the astracan-jacket with the animal-print leggings is beautifull. really like it

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (9:40 AM) : 

She hasnt scaed to wear this leopard jeans,seemed to me its top shop.But she is looking organic,but extravaganza!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:42 AM) : 

nice photo. I like her her foot his hugging the bar, and her stare into the distance. love the leggings!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Flea market dressing in one of its more idiosyncratic forms.

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I love it.. the jeans especially attract to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

What a wonderful face, the headscarf makes the whole outfit. I think she asked a strong, handsome stranger to lift her up there - when you look like that you can ask and get anything.

 

Blogger Lorituela said ... (10:14 AM) : 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVELY SHOES!

10000 hugs from Spain

 

Blogger The Portmanteau said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Nice Boots!

 

Blogger The Voguette said ... (10:51 AM) : 

oh my gosh, i love her shoes, and her leggings/pants? if i were only brave enough to wear them.

 

Blogger hc said ... (10:54 AM) : 

a bit matchy, but the balls to sit on a rail says this woman either knows where she's headed or is an EE beggar.

 

Blogger Haute World said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Don't think I'd have the guts to wear this (even though I love the colors). Kudos to her... she makes it work.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:45 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Wow, nice heels. How did she ever jump with those heels??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

a moment that captures and inspires....

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I don't know why this shot reminds me of Draguignan in the Provence. Maybe, it's the cars and shops behind her. Looks like a great place to "people watch". She looks cool.

 

Blogger Bea said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Love her shoes too!!!!!

 

Blogger Emmet Garage said ... (12:23 PM) : 

nice girl!...typical Italian girl..beautiful face and nice boots as well!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

I can't clearly distinguish what she's wearing on her head and it makes all the difference in the world. If it's leopard print and matchy-matchy to her tights, then I hate it. BUT, if it's just a pink turban to frame her beautiful face, then I love her entire look.

 

Blogger Adora said ... (12:51 PM) : 

It screams hot topic, but I love it! You Italians can carry anything off!

<3geraldine



Fashinfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I love raspberry pink, so I like this look. It's cheery.

But I'm more intrigued as how she got up there and how she can just sit like that.

I would be ass-flat on the ground after a second.

:)

www.ontheblogbandwagon.blogspot.com

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (1:45 PM) : 

She looks like she just stepped out a f a Fellini film. Beautiful!

 

Blogger Ele the Berry said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Oh, I think she is wearing the Miu Miu booties I fell in love with months ago...they're beautiful!!! Lucky girl, with great style.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Eartha Kitt would love her.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Very cool. Chic.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (2:54 PM) : 

she's fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

I click my heels and say 3 times: "One day I will be this fabulous! One day I will be this fabulous! One day..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

she's so fierce. i admire people who can wear such bold items and carry themselves with such style, confidence and grace. i love the way her foot is curved around the bar.... so sexy and coy!

love it!

 

Blogger marie said ... (4:08 PM) : 

this princess is outstanding. the dreamy way to sit there, and not give a damn if people think her pink pants are "too much"...no, she knows she is perrrfect. oooh i like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I like the head wrap.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

The best shot in a while, I think. What a lady.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (4:58 PM) : 

It takes a whole lot of nerve to wear leggings and even more with animal prints without looking ridiculous !
She certainly knows how to wear those well !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Such a cool pose, and how did she climb up? I guess she is probably as short as me. But she is incredibly cute though.

 

Blogger Estelle said ... (5:43 PM) : 

My daughter says, "That's dangerous. She could fall."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:01 PM) : 

Love how she's slightly wrapping herself around the bar! Very cute shoes BTW. And I'm not usually a fan of leopard print PERIOD but I think the pants she's wearing are really fun.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Twenty five years ago, I would have worn this. Now, well, the assets aren't up to it. She looks fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

This is one of my favorite photos of the last few months.

She is fully clear with the atmospheric backdrop a haze of light and color. More than playing with depth of field, playing with solidity and ephemeral space.

She has a wonderful strong face with that keen glance to her left.

Her clothes are great, for once I have no quibbles or worse.

Bird on the wire is right, in that she 'alit' there with some almost imaginary move and now sits comfortably.

She is still whlle the people to her side are in motion, giving the photo a kind of rhythm from one side of it to the other.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

gorgeous

 

Blogger lenmeister said ... (7:08 PM) : 

Im in love!

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (7:12 PM) : 

This is a pole dancer we like to see I'd pay to see clothed. Hot pink never looked so enticing. Nice photography to catch mood and color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

She would make a great character in a movie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

Love the leggings and shoes, not so hot on the turban, but it does highlight her wonderful eyes. Slightly off-topic... what is that dreadful poster for in the background? Strip club?

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (9:21 PM) : 

I hate animal print, I know it can be executed well, but I still despise it. However I love the balancing act and the shoes—so great.


P.S. I'm not an animal activist or vegan, etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

Not sure about the whole look...but I do love the Miu Miu strappy/bandage booties.

 

Blogger Maria said ... (10:52 PM) : 

i can't bring myself to agree with anyone who is loving this look.. and this bar isn't that high, she could have easily gotten on it. the one nice thing is her pose (and photo, as usual).. but to me that scarf is ruining an already not-so-great look.. sorry! maybe she was just more interesting in person..

 

Blogger Florence said ... (11:38 PM) : 

Love the shoes, but I'm just not convinced about the pink leopard leggings..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

there's no topshop in the states and if there were, i wouldn't be mad at anyone for shopping there. i'm sure that this woman has her own zest. not everyone can pull off a turban head wrap mid day and look good doing it. she knows what's up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

I'm just scared she's going to fall off. How'd she get up there anyway?? With those heels??? Great shot!

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Hmm. I like it, I like the highlighting of her face from the head wrap. The pink seems to flatter her skin. Is it just me, or is the texture of the coat sort of picking up the dotty-ness of the leopard print? Looking at the left side of her coat I sense a dotted texture so that overall she looks slightly dot-covered. Maybe it's just the light. Fantastic shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 AM) : 

She looks so relaxed, I want to be her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

The headscarf is pulling it all together for me - plus she has the face to carry it off and GREAT eyebrows.

 

Blogger Montreal Fashion Minds said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Love the hot pink leopard print leggings, and agree with everyone who said she can really pull off that head scarf!

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

http://montrealfashionminds.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Francie said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I want to be her friend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

ohh...these adorable miu miu shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

When some people wear bold items, people go "nice ____."

And then there are some people who wear bold items and people just go "wow."

Love it! Loving the pose, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Hmm agreeing with the minority here I'm not a huge fan of this look. I LOVE the hot pink and her pose she looks like a little birdie, but I honestly don't think the turban does her face justice. I find her features and face shape too strong for it. And I just don't like the leopard print! I'm biased here with my tastes but it certainly makes for an interesting photo.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:42 AM) : 

i so wish i could see a close-up of her shoes. they look marvellous.

 

Blogger Irene said ... (11:55 AM) : 

She is so anna maniani! great style, great attitude.

 

Blogger Laura. said ... (3:35 AM) : 

i think she looks great

http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

u know...she is almost a TEN... but there is somethin missing on this look... maybe earrings... i dunno something to break the pink and black match....i think green or yellow.. would make a good job...fierce girl...though

 

Blogger Tink said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Love the depth of the shot, love the colors, she is beautiful; a moment of pink stillness in a frantic charcoal gray world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Great shot, not-so-great look. The leggings and hat are doing nothing for me.

 

Blogger Stefan Jansson said ... (8:20 AM) : 

She sure has a great balance.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (4:24 AM) : 

I want the Mui Mui heels!

theheartbreak.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

the pink leopard pants(i think their pants, they might be leggings but anyway...) are so cute. I always love to wear hot pink and black together, it really makes a person stand out :]

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (5:35 AM) : 

I'm getting a strong early 60's vibe here.

Like the Beatles in Hamburg era.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:30 AM) : 

i adore those grey shoes! and i'm going to go get me some leggings after this. it's wonderful how she's perched up there on the metal railing. great shot. i like the way her feet are hooked around the rail.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

leopard pants? cute.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting