This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Seventh Ave., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On the Street......Seventh Ave., NYC

Comments on "On the Street......Seventh Ave., NYC"

 

Blogger David said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Has she stepped in a couple of dead squirrels?

 

Blogger Krysta Marie said ... (10:07 AM) : 

the lace stocking are wonderful. the detail in the shoes amazing.

this woman def has style. I would love to see her face :)

 

Blogger Dissolved Girl said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I LOVE it! I just felt my heart stop for a second.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

the gloves overdid it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Carrie Bradshaw -- she's back & looking good!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

the gloves overdid it

 

Blogger Jane said ... (10:18 AM) : 

wow! how glamourous! and a plus to have cozy ankles.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:20 AM) : 

gorgeous shot, gorgeous detailing.

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Animal print gloves with winter-white, very classy! *adore*
The shoes...They're very interesting. However, I'm on the fence about this pair. I long to see them from another angle to satisfy my curiosity. Anyone know the brand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

really, no comments yet!?!!
I, for one, am intensely curious about this woman....that is fashion and photography at it's best.

 

Blogger G K M said ... (10:26 AM) : 

jeez..the hotness of this outfit.

 

Blogger Fly Girl said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Hmmm, interesting accessory coordination. I'm not crazy about the skirt length or the boots with it but at least it's not boring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I didn't realize this was a back view until I saw her heel (which I thought was a doggie for a second). She is very stylish but she has no hiney. She should have a cheeseburger for lunch today instead of her usual lettuce leaf. Love the gloves!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

What on earth is she wearing?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:32 AM) : 

less is more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I love everything about this! The length of the coat's sleeve's, the leopard gloves, the shoes! Although I think that black stockings would have been better, I still love how feminine this look is!

 

Blogger Zarna said ... (10:43 AM) : 

amazing!!

-zarna
(zarnasrunway.blogspot.com)

 

Blogger J. said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Everything was great until I got to the shoes. Not too sure if I like those. But the mixing of patterns with the tights and the gloves is ace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

fabulous mix ever.

 

Blogger Katrina said ... (10:54 AM) : 

These shoes are so syreal,
but it looks interesting, the whole outfit :)

xx

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:55 AM) : 

this shot is poetic

*bisous*

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Is that a pencil or the bottom of a coat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I'm vehemently anti-fur but I have to admit, this is elegant. I'll attribute the je ne sais quoi to your skills, Sart, because I would laugh at those shoes in any other context.

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I like the feeling of this shot, very artistic, a detail captured in a moment of inspiration.

As for the actual pieces, I think it is a bit much. I could have gone with one wild animal over the two of them.

Either the leopard gloves to complement the pure white outfit and patterned pantyhose, or the wild je-ne-sais-quoi happening above the heels to add a touch of wow. Together, in my opinion, it's too much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Love it!! Beautiful colors and textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I want to live in NY...

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Those are some FIERCE shoes !
Is she going for a breakfast at Tiffany's 2009 ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

t h o s e
s h o e s
a r e
s o m e t h i n g
e l s e.


x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

This is a fantastic shot, great work. I think it would be a great book cover. Love the gardenia white with the leopard print. . .

 

Blogger Cassiopeia said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Oh WOW! Love it... Do the shoes come like that or were those fantastic plumes added? Yum. The skirt and gloves are uber chic too.

Xxxc

http://clothestohealabrokenheart.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger GreatSheElephant said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Jesus - I wondering where my guinea pigs had got to.
*weeps*

 

Blogger crowsfeet said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Well it does say chic, and it does say $$$, but all I can hear is some little dog barking like mad from the safety of their owner's armpit, wanting so badly to exchange butt-sniffs with these shoes....

 

Blogger Célia Gonçalves said ... (11:21 AM) : 

The conference
The Queen of birds

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

WOWZERS! She is awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Hosiery really makes an outfit...

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:28 AM) : 

She's got it DOWN. My favorite thing is the "I am in charge here" point of the gloved hand. Not a woman to be trifled with....

 

Blogger amy b.s. said ... (11:43 AM) : 

one word: fierce

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Amazing shot... I like that it parts from your usual compositional style. The asymmetry is captivating and the alignment (planned?) of her hand with the line in the sidewalk is striking.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Wow, she's doin it!

 

Blogger beths said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Ha, SallyO, you beat me to the comment: I couldn't tell whether this person was walking away from me or toward me until I scrolled down to the shoes. Crowsfeet, you gave me a laugh.

Thanks, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

This is absolutely timeless! Amazing! Someone needs to tell her she has some fancy hens following her around!

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (11:54 AM) : 

The individual elements are charming, but overall there is way too much going on with this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

So glamorous I almost just cried.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I would've thought this image captured in Paris. This over-the-top frou-frou is delightful. It would take major cajones (or ovaries) to walk down the boulevard in this as your feet look as if your 2 Pekineses are following you. The gray lace stockings, the winter white and leopard print, I could do that. The shoes I'd keep for display, they're gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Very interesting! Would love to see a head to toe shot!

 

Blogger onesilentwinter said ... (12:20 PM) : 

i would like to have seen her in person!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:26 PM) : 

a perfect example of a cliché bourgeoisie, rely on a ridiculous pair of shoes to validate a style.

the gloves are repugnant too.

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (12:26 PM) : 

beautiful..such a great flow

 

Blogger glow owl said ... (12:27 PM) : 

oh! i love this! so early richard avedon vogue and lovely.

so beautiful and glamourous and lovely, reminding us to dream to and to aspire...!

-adore- it! :)

 

Blogger Eli said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Dita von Teese?

 

Blogger cmc said ... (12:39 PM) : 

i wish i was daring enough to go out of the house in something as fabulous as this!

i don't really understand the shoes, and wish that the tights were more subdued so that the gloves could really stand out against the white. but her choice, even if they're above my head, deserve mention

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Wow.
I couldn't tell if it was front or back either.Where is her bum?

 

Blogger tasha_juliana said ... (12:46 PM) : 

this is a great shot
i love her stockings, i think i saw similar ones at urban outfitters?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

In reality those shoes must be the silliest and most unflattering things. But in your photograph? This one is absolutely beautiful to me Sart. Thank you for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

For some reason I immediately thought of Kay Thompson in Funny Face.

 

Blogger Laura M. said ... (1:20 PM) : 

i can't tell how much i loved those shoes. and the gloves are so sexy.

but i'm still digesting the two of them together.

first time i looked, sort of shocking.
second, started to make sense.

 

Blogger Octavia Morris said ... (1:20 PM) : 

fantastic shot.

she means business

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

WOW. The End.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

wow

 

Blogger Words Between the Spaces said ... (1:31 PM) : 

This is fricking adorable! What class, what style, what shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Love the lace.
Hate the gloves.
..those ankle pom-poms, are ridiculous, to say the least.
Only in New York..ahh i love you NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Love everything, except the shoes.

 

Blogger Vanessa S. (aka hotfloshy) said ... (1:46 PM) : 

no no no no no.

 

Blogger Espiral do Tempo said ... (1:58 PM) : 

As a photographic object this is fantastic.

 

Blogger CW said ... (1:59 PM) : 

A fashion innovation! Combining big furry feet slippers with heels!

 

Blogger MONI said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Only in New York!

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger Alyssa said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I love this, first, as a photo. The leopard print glove, with the finger pointing to the furry ankles. The white suit and the white heels. The sidewalk grid, and the lacy stalkings. The sense of movement. Ah.

But it also made me think of one of the comments about the young lady in blue maribou a few days ago--that all women have a fantasy city (New York, Paris, Milan...) where they have the time, money and chutzpah to put together their fantasy outfits and where they are understood. This is a woman who is making her fantasy real and I applaud her for it. Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Wow. Very Jacques Henri Lartigue here. (Have you seen his photos? If not, you WILL LOVE them.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

I'd love this more with a plainer pair of classic black heels, I think. Then the leopard and the lace would look deliberately but tastefully clashed instead of it looking just a bit too much too much...which is what it looks like to me at the moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

I'd be moving a lot faster than that if I had a couple of rabid long-haired rodents biting my heels.

 

Blogger Rebecca MacKiller said ... (2:57 PM) : 

How beautifully classic. This picture should framed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

los zapatos de louboutin espectaculares!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Meoowwwww.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

WOW! Would be nice to see who this lovely lady is.
Great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

cruella de vil?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

the composition of this photo is beautiful. the textures and prints of the subject to the sidewalk lines and blurry shoes of others walking- stunning..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Groooowwwwlllll - major hotness!!! She must have guys trailing her, panting. Women - take note, 'cause this rocks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Gorgeous shot, I love her gait and the beautiful sense of the streets of NYC. I suppose I can understand why some people wouldn't appreciate those incredible shoes; wearing works of art on your feet isn't for everyone. But the comment that said they should just be kept at home on display?? Why would you drop an exorbitant amount of money on a FASHION ACCESSORY just to look at it and never wear it? Silly comment, in my opinion. I would die to be able to afford a pair of shoes like that, or one of the new Christian Loubitains that also have a dramatic (almost rediculous; as another poster said, it takes balls to wear something like this and you need to own it) and artistic shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

in germany everyone had these gloves in winter...h&m
but still,i like her shoes&tights

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Never commented before, but just HAD to - truelly amazing. My first glimpse suddenly suggested a whole history of this woman. I love it and I love her. Would have this as a framed picture on my wall.

Love all the pieces and togther they go somewhere else.

Good for her

 

Blogger kellywinonaoxford said ... (4:44 PM) : 

oh no she di'iiiiiint

 

Blogger Susan said ... (4:53 PM) : 

When I see this picture, I wonder her age. The suit length, gloves and stockings would typically make me think she is older. However, the extremely playful textures and patterns aren't for the faint of heart. I am overjoyed to think that she could be 30 or 60 from this angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Great photo with the gloved hand pointing to the bold shoes. I'm curious to see her head-to-toe, but I don't think that it would be as good a photograph as this one.

The outfit (what we see of it) strikes me as very sexy secretary/Mad Men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

love love love love LOVEE

 

Blogger Dri_Mar said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I love the 3rd picture. Just love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

She must be persian. I bet she has 19 chandeliers in her apt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

glam rock

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

In reply to Kyveli Sophia: Why would you drop an exorbitant amount of money on a FASHION ACCESSORY just to look at it and never wear it?

B/c it's my money and it allows me to admire beauty however I please...so there.

Honestly though, I can't afford these shoes and I've already stated it takes cajones (balls, nuts, gonads [or ovaries]) the size of which I don't possess to wear them in public.

 

Blogger cmmcenearney said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Cruella de Vil. Love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

sergio rossi

http://www.sergiorossi.com/us/en/eStore/women/women-shoes-Fall-Winter-Collection/Pumps/P-PELLE-PITONE-LUCE-Silver-Fox-Pump.aspx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 PM) : 

What recession?

I LOVE IT

 

Blogger "Eddie in the corner" said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Classic photo Sart.

 

Blogger Toil and Trouble said ... (9:41 PM) : 

the shoes remind me of star trek "tribbles" feasting on her ankles. from the ankles up...delightful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

je t'aime

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

She's like a human poodle.

 

Blogger seawallrunner said ... (11:07 PM) : 

she is so chic and confident. what a terrific photograph - what a lovely moment.

I love the swing of the skirt (not too tight, proper length), the lace on the leg, the fur on the ankle, the brief glance of fakey leopard on the glove.

and oh, the brief appearance of the perfectly matched handbag.

I love her self-assurance. I wonder whether she is 27, or 72.

But it does not matter - it just does not matter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Reminds of Marilyn Monroe!! Love this photo. Makes you want to know who she is!!

 

Blogger J. said ... (2:14 AM) : 

after viewing this, my life is now complete.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 AM) : 

and suddenly; Cruella de Vil pops up on my mind!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

first look: disturbing
second look: elegant
third look: quite ugly, boring length of the skirt, grey and white don`t go together, the gloves don`t match at all

all there is, is her feminine silhouette...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

how careless: that woman's just stepped in someone's dogs

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

Lovely, a hark to 1915.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 AM) : 

those gloves are from H&M! €7.99!

 

Blogger Roxanne said ... (5:26 AM) : 

I love it. The lace stockings is to die!

 

Blogger Roxanne said ... (5:26 AM) : 

i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

It's Holly Golightly! I bet her other hand has a cigarette on a long holder. If they remade "Breakfast at Tiffany's" this is what Holly would wear.
I adore it. I wish I could dress like this, but it's a bit much for my home-office writing job and picking up the kids from school. It makes me happy, though, that somebody gets to dress this way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

Everything is beautiful. Im such a huge fan of giant anything on the back of heels. I hope its faux fur, but honestly if the animal saw its fur on the back of those heels it would probably love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Beginning with the kimono shot right through the pink shoes, I've really enjoyed this series of photos focusing on personal eccentricities and their influence on what people choose to wear on the street. Nothing wrong with hip young things following the fickle dicta of the latest hot designers, but this recent emphasis presents a refreshing dichotomy.

 

Blogger art heart said ... (9:44 AM) : 

thats the kind of picture i wanna get framed...lovely
although you don't see te women you get an idea of the attitude she walks on the streets.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:52 AM) : 

wow.. great photo!

 

Blogger dodgygirl said ... (12:50 PM) : 

looks like a helmet lang from like a few years ago! gorgeous!

 

Blogger Matt Lodder said ... (1:08 PM) : 

No. Just... no.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

Sart, haven't you posted this exact picture before? It looks extremely familiar.

 

Blogger Fab50Plus said ... (10:49 PM) : 

The shoes, the stockings, the skirt - I love it all!

Great photo!

 

Blogger Lady San Pedro said ... (12:27 AM) : 

So romantic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 AM) : 

I love her Sergio Rossi heels. I remember when they were selling them at Colette. I hesitated to buy the same pair. However, I would never think to wear them with the nylons she selected. I think that they look fabulous, and I just love the cream pencil skirt. However, I do not like the leopard gloves. It takes away from the silhouette, but I do like the elegance of her hand position as she is walking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Cruela DeVille! :) it's bon-ton over the top. Not every woman could pull this off.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I'm stunned that this is an NYC photo!

It looks fifties with a humorous twist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

If I saw her IRL, I would stop and stare. Yes with my mouth open~~LOVE~~

 

Blogger Tmua said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Beautiful. It's not everyday you see someone dress like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 AM) : 

I totally loved it <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Wonderful photo! Very, very, "what´s fashion about". Emblematic.

 

Blogger Donnie Gayfield said ... (11:20 PM) : 

Very 5th Avenue. It reminds me of Nan Kempner's daring chic.

 

Anonymous thedailymonocle said ... (1:26 PM) : 

That shoe is every single living thing on Earth

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

This is an incredible photo, Sart! I agree with the other posters here, it's a look that belongs in the late 50's-early 60's Breakfast at Tiffany's for sure- And yet still resonates today. Beautiful and GUTSY!

 

Blogger fille du monde said ... (7:47 PM) : 

SUCH an amazing shot. I love it. the shoes are a bit much but they work in the photo at least

 

Anonymous KiwiBella said ... (9:42 PM) : 

WOW! I already have similar gloves and enjoy wearing them. Personally I would wear either the gloves or the shoes.

Right, now I'm off to add fur anklets to all my shoes... just glad it's coming into winter here!

 

Blogger conrad said ... (6:31 AM) : 

What an amazing photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I love her outfit...the tights are amazing!

 

Blogger Bleu Clothing said ... (9:38 PM) : 

this photo is fabulous, it reminds me of NY in the 1940's or something. And those heels, meow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

That's her cat! :O

 

Blogger Nico Castillo said ... (7:31 AM) : 

esos zapatos son lanvin, no??
are they lanvin shoes, right??

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting