This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....ReMix, NYC & Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the Street.....ReMix, NYC & Milano



Someone commented yesterday that "shopping your own closet" is already cliche.
Maybe that's true, but it is a truth we are all living with right now.

Comments on "On the Street.....ReMix, NYC & Milano"

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (5:34 PM) : 

her look is amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

love this nautical look. so chic with the magenta turban.
socks with sandals are the new boots.

love love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I love her starburst earrings, so beautiful!

 

Blogger Milk It Honey said ... (5:44 PM) : 

i've always wished i could pull a turban off without looking costume-y. i certainly like her take.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

where have i seen her?! her hat is vintage chanel, boyfriends chino. she is really into vintag. saw a video somewhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Aladdin called...sorry, I couldn't resist!

 

Blogger Amra said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Really nice outfits she has going on there! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Hello! I'm from Brazil, my english is not very good but i must leave my comment because i love your website.. Good job! This photos inspires me of using something more fashion... i will be always here in your blog, you can be sure! Bye bye :)

 

Blogger Nina (Femme Rationale) said ... (5:58 PM) : 

she's beautiful. and so true what u wrote.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I love her style, so chic, so well done! The earrings are beautiful, and so are the socks with sandals. For me, these elements of fantasy and originality are more than enough.

Even if I am fond of the turbant, I think it doesn't go at all with this look, perhaps it would at night with a gown... It is like she's trying too hard to add some eccentrycity; no need for that, she already is very special and distinguished!

 

Blogger kellywinonaoxford said ... (6:02 PM) : 

i had that turban, i found i didn't feel like myself in it. she feels like herself in it. it's obvious.

 

Blogger diane said ... (6:03 PM) : 

She would look absolutely perfect, if not for the hat out of Gloria Swanson's closet. xo

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (6:05 PM) : 

so true, so true. Thanks for that. I've never really shopped my own closet before, now I'm really trying to switch it up, and mix things with pieces I've never done before, and it's actually fun. And I'm getting some of my best outfits of this. I love the jacket she is wearing in the lower pic. Nice length

 

Blogger terryberrybaby said ... (6:07 PM) : 

The turban looks costumey. I love everything else though.

 

Blogger HC said ... (6:07 PM) : 

unisex. gotta love that

 

Blogger pigeon.toed said ... (6:07 PM) : 

she is stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

shopping your own closet is a cliche?? I disagree strongly. as vivienne westwood recently urged us to do, I'm all for modifying, reusing and revitalizing our already existing clothes... that is creative, smart and sustainable. I don't see how that can ever be cliche.

by the way, this is a gorgeous look!! I love the layering, and the turban-head-thing!

lin*

 

Blogger JessicaRoxanne said ... (6:08 PM) : 

It's not cliche at all. When companies like AIG keep taking all our money, we have to make do with what we have and be as resourceful as possible. Plus you never know what you might have in your own closet anyway. It's sort of like finding that extra $20 in your pocket that you never knew about. ;)

p.s. LOVE her turban and your blog! You've provided a TON of inspiration for this poor college musician. Merci beaucoup!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

I would have to disagree with the previous comments- I just find that the turban does not fit her head appropriately and the socks with sandals is completely indecisive and furthermore defeats the purpose of the sandals. However, I find her beauty quite lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

I'm just not loving the magenta turban! The rest of her look rocks!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (6:13 PM) : 

it's a good thing to rethink one's habits, and hopefully this will last beyond the economic crisis. my dream closet is one that's full of a small, tightly curated collection of pieces i love rather than a huge stockpile of one-offs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Love the little details, like the clutch. Yummy.

 

Blogger David Casavant said ... (6:18 PM) : 

The turban is so random! I love it!

DavidCasavant.net

 

Blogger glow owl said ... (6:26 PM) : 

sigh - what a weak criticism. as if "shopping high end" is any less cliche?

(i am not a fan of the turban, i hate to admit it.)

 

Blogger Nikki - - Monomestile - - said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Ah, the jacket in the second picture is beautiful. Usually a clutch like that would be flashy but that's unique and classy. Shopping my own closet is something I'm not very good at but am trying to learn how to do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Remix!
Interesting topic.
Nice shots!
And colors!

Many wonderful things would not exist if they were avoided simply because they are cliches. "already cliche" Hah that is ridiculous.

It is a truth we are all living now and it is something to embrace positively!

 

Blogger Kay said ... (6:39 PM) : 

This is one of my favourites in a long time, I love that she is actually wearing a turban. So truly original.
The clutch and earrings are perfect accompaniments, absolutely exquisite.

http://thestitched.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lucile Meyer said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Love the turban and the boyfriend trousers..paradoxally feminine !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I think people who proclaim that things are cliche are cliched. :)

Seriously, though, your model is lovely and stylish, but the only thing she has remixed is her hat. It would be nice to see more of the people you photograph multiple times re-wearing the same dress or shirt or coat in a very different way. Hats are too easy.

Rei springs to mind as an obvious subject for this sort of exercise. I bet she's a marvelous remixer.

 

Blogger Henke S said ... (6:44 PM) : 

So cool. Awesome touch

/Henke at blamethecream.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Where do I get earrings like these???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

bold confident something about the placement of the turban doesn't quite fit... looks like a ruched cycle helmet-- it's too low. Fantastic colour though.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:57 PM) : 

I could never pull the turban off, so I'm amazed at how she pulls it off, with a blazer nonetheless! She looks amazing!

And I don't care if 'shopping in your closet' is cliche, it is smart and fun! ;)
xx

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (6:58 PM) : 

I love the turban, but I have to say that I don't think the outfits do anything for her - they seem to highlight the long torso/short legs body type in an unflattering way. And the turban sits too high ... But great colours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

BOMBASTIC!! I love her turban (looks like Prada, but could also be vintage...?!) - great accents!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (7:01 PM) : 

She definitely has a unique style. I was so skeptical of the Prada turbans, and while they wouldn't work for me, I especially love this second ensemble. Love the colours and proportions.

I don't think shopping your own closet is ever cliche. If you love pieces you have invested in, why shouldn't you keep on wearing them? Isn't that the whole idea of 'investing' in the first place?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

She's awesome, dude. Classy woman. I would look like i had a pumpkin on my head if i tried to get away with this. Earings are fab, it's true. She has an eye for perfect cuts. This relaxed tailoring is a good long term investment, too, and on her it dosen't look in the least conservative. yeh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

I think she took it too seriously, not taking it too seriously...hmmm...

 

Blogger Alvin said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Love the head peice, reminds me of Prada's spring 07.

 

Blogger lauren baluyo said ... (7:27 PM) : 

The headpiece is cool in theory, but I just don't think she pulls it off well here. Somewhat as if the piece is wearing her, and not vice versa, which I believe true style is all about.

Oh, and I just have to add...I was rummaging through my closet this past weekend, and unearthed soooo much cool "staple" pieces that I completely forgot I had...so safe to say, don't really mind the whole "cliche" of it all! Not one bit!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I think the expression "shopping your own closet" may already be cliche, but the idea certainly is still relevant. Is that what you meant, Scott?

I love her jackets.

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (7:36 PM) : 

It's very true. We are having to get more and more creative. Things are getting increasingly expensive and our salaries are not! Everything in Japan is really really expensive and everyone shops and shops and shops. I think the spend money on clothes here like no other country but I'm not sure. Not too sure if I'm keen on her headscarf. Nevertheless it's a great photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Isn't a headwrap (or turban) supposed to cover one's hair? This looks rather odd with her hair hanging down and the thing sitting on the top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

She is fantastic! What lovely shots - once again the whole is stronger than the sum of the parts.
There is something so chic about wearing a Prada turban like a beret with minimal make up and casual hair.
Love love love her.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (8:01 PM) : 

She's gorgeous. I've seen her here and on a few other sights.

I'm guessing the way to rock a turban (if indeed a turban can be rocked) is with your hair spilling out below in silken sheets. My hair is more of a modified fro and it doesn't "spill". It springs forth aggressively. It would just be a big bush sticking out making me look like a hipster Bozo The Clown so I won't be doing the turban thing.

This lady does it as best it can be done. However I think the turban is just too incongruous with the rest of the ensemble in the top picture. I like everything she's got on except that... What the turban does do nicely in that outfit is add a lovely shock of color.

The second picture is weirdly chic. She's fine as hell.

Monique

 

Blogger ROXY MARJ said ... (8:01 PM) : 

AH! LOVE LOVE!!
I remember when Prada came out with this turbin [or was it miu miu?] I was so inspired that I made one for my little yorkshire terrier stella...I named it the "Turkie" :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Wearing clothing once is not an issue of wealth but an issue of ignorance. Anyone who has only recently found themselves in a situation where they have been forced to "shop their own closet" would be wise to reflect on how wasteful and destructive it is to waste valuable materials like that. The line between patronizing the fashion industry and all arts (good!) and abusing the earth and becoming a conspicuous consumer is not hard to walk if you pay attention.

B.S.M.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

as l.williams stated
'socks with sandals are the new boots.'
agreed...
until you walk through a puddle!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Shopping one's closet is a reality today, not a cliche. The reality sinks in as one's card gets declined at the cash register. I love the vintage feel of these clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Ursula Karven? Whoever, she's a very stylish lady.

 

Blogger Diana Brito said ... (8:23 PM) : 

What a great shock of color. In the first pic she needs to pull it down just a bit - seems to be sitting on the top of her head. But she rocks it!

 

Blogger Bowerbird Photography said ... (8:24 PM) : 

i love that hat -- it's my fave color!!

www.sfstreetthreads.blogspot.com

 

Blogger christina defalco said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Yuck. Guess what? Stay shopping in your own closet and there isn't going to be much to look at on this blog anymore...or much advertising either. It is not a truth everyone is living with right now. It is a truth the fearful are living with. Individuality is applauded on all levels...self deprecation and encouraging a race to the bottom is not.

You of all people should be raising the bar...not lowering it.

Have the courage to post this and continue on being a conduit of talent and passion for an industry that will only get better. Never wear the ashes..rise from them.

 

Blogger raquelle said ... (8:40 PM) : 

I looooove this outfit.

I feel like (in all times, not just these) saying shopping your own closet is cliche is like saying eating out of your own refrigerator is cliche. If we don't shop our own closets (and sometimes a good friend's), what's the point of filling them up?

 

Blogger C. St. John said ... (8:42 PM) : 

I completely agree with shopping your own closet! Half the time I'm looking at your blog to see how I can reinvent my own wardrobe! It's beautiful inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I totally agree we must shop our own closets. Classic pieces make a timeless wardrobe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

It is wonderful you inspire us all with the beauty you find on the streets...and serve it with a funny side of giving-people-something-to think-about-other-than-how-dismal-the-economic-outlook-is, i.e. this woman's turban.

You rock! (Also cliche, but none the less true!)

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Oregon artist!

 

Blogger *moggit girls said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Perhaps we are not on the cusp of cool but we just don't 'get' this look....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Love the combination of magenta, navy and khaki.

Her shoes in the first shot are interesting too. Would have an entirely different look with flats.

 

Blogger CW said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Nice wallet. Needs a handbag surrounding it.

Does anyone else notice that it's a green snake print on St Patrick's Day and therefore nicely ironic?

Lastly, this woman stole the socks she is wearing in the top photo from the gent in Stockholm.

 

Blogger thestyleadvisor said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I love how the first one can so easily be used for inspiration for a mens outfit.

 

Blogger Glenn said ... (10:52 PM) : 

wonderful shades of blue in the first photo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Composed, all the way down to her socks, love it.

 

Blogger andie said ... (11:01 PM) : 

There's an iPhone App to 'shop your own closet' or at least bring it with you while you shop, "Touch Closet"

http://www.touchcloset.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

I love the turban, but I really don't like the rest. I think we'll look back on this kind of self-conscious "eclecticism" and shudder - rolled, camel pants, thick socks with sandals? Summery, hippy earrings with a wool coat and - apropos of nothing - an aqua clutch? Do. Not. Want.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

funny. all these fashion strategies for a financial crisis that i am reading everywhere. i feel like i have shopped this way for some time. I guess because I thought it was good to be thoughtful and resourceful.

i did a project on style and sustainability a few years ago and sometimes get requests for interviews. almost invariably an answer includes some form of "shopping your closet", such as...

There seem so many issues around ethical fashion, what can I do to make a difference?

I like design and new looks as much as the next person, but, again, I try to be thoughtful with my purchases and resourceful with what I already have. I often try to:

* pull out things I haven't worn in awhile
* reinvent a piece or wear it in a different way
* think about what I could use and buy items I hope to wear a lot and/or keep a long time
* focus more on quality over quantity
* buy clothing made from sustainable materials
* buy vintage and second hand.


here i thought i was just trying to be sustainable, come to find out my eco-strategy works during an economic free fall as well.

so even if it may be "cliché", it does not mean it is any less relevant.

to quote rock star philosopher Bertrand Russell...

To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.

Too little liberty brings stagnation and too much brings chaos.

 

Blogger Ms Mushroom said ... (11:51 PM) : 

I had to agree with a vew people in here ... all grey's outfit is pretty nice :D

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:58 PM) : 

the person who commented that forgot that...'clichés are ALL true' and you can't deny it.

they're all true.

This lady is supercool, by the way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

that girl from some weeks back with the turban and matching leggings, she knew how to wear a turban. no hair showing please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 AM) : 

lvoe the outfit, great closet! and hat!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 AM) : 

All about reuse and vintage but this is perhaps a little too Grey Gardens. Lose the hat - use it with something else wonderful.

 

Blogger Carmen said ... (3:18 AM) : 

This lady is so cool!! Anyway I think I wouldn't wear that hat usually.I think that look is more for an especial event than for a normal human being going to work :)

 

Blogger Lucky girl said ... (3:28 AM) : 

Fierce!

 

Blogger Jerry Glue said ... (4:19 AM) : 

i hate it. doesnt fit! and thats not cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 AM) : 

shopping your own closet. thats great. i swear my closet DOES have a mini shop back there because i seem to have an endless amount of pieces which i have never seen, yet is something like a cool new dress which i love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 AM) : 

These are two great outfits with a common theme. She pulls both off beautifully. I've been reading your blog for a few years' now and because of it, I've been shopping my own closet since then. It's amazing the money we spend on clothing, wear it once & then feel we need something new. Your blog, the people you photograph & my closet give me something new & refreshing everyday. It's been a delightful relationship!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 AM) : 

Oh, amazing. The tailoring is exquisite and the turban evokes Mme de Beauvoir... she pulls it off because she has such elegance and is so calm and understated with it.

 

Blogger Special said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Great photography!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 AM) : 

The turban can easily make you look funny instead of sophisticated, eccentric or exotic. I would laugh if I was to meet this woman in the daylight wearing this particular turban. The woman of course is real beauty in a “Charlotte Rampling” way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Totally agree with you Sart… the world is in need for a new Poetry… although I find your blog and pictures in some way refreshing… I must say that it's becoming a common place (are you expressing your idea of how it should be… or the wide range of possibilities?).

So if the need, leeds you to buy in your own closet, most probably and hopefully you'll find that new things start to happen and emerge. A sort of a clash…

Industries needs to redefine it's goals… that are to attached to concepts of the Industrial revolution in the 18th century… to far back!
Think global, but act local!
Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

I have a number of much loved dresses from the 1920s and 30s, a collection of Foale and Tuffin from the late 60s and early 70s, the odd Ossie Clark, lots of random items with no label made long befor i was born and some Acne jeans. I have always shopped my own closet and countless other peoples' as well as selling and giving away things from my own. If that's a cliche, it works for me.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Very Little Edie. In a good way.

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (9:36 AM) : 

j'adore the head piece!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

LOVE this...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

The big question, though is why did she have that hat in her closet? That's the same hat Chevy Chase donned during the attic scene in Christmas Vacation.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (9:56 AM) : 

just love her style and attitude!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Have to agree with Diane, Gloria Swanson would kill for that hat ... I like it more on her short jacket outfit ...somehow it looks better proportioned ...

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I think it's really important to remember to be your own best resource. Back when I was a young, always broke, single mom I fell in love with some earrings a friend had made and was selling. I really couldn't afford the earrings, but I could afford the beads and string to make my own. My friend got me started doing beadwork.

Take the clothes out of your closet and just switch buttons around. (c:

Buy a sewing machine and a good iron. Learn to use them. You'd be amazed at what you, yes you, can do.

 

Blogger DJN said ... (10:49 AM) : 

She needs to return that hat to her closet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Initially, seriously, I would not have put that thing on my head like that. Then, like her I wouldn't have worn it so seriously, looks fun.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (1:56 PM) : 

I appreciate your sentiment, but I find this hat incongruous and really unflattering.

I think she'll look back and say "what was I thinking" but then on the other hand she's had her 15minutes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I find the turban very incongruent....maybe if it was a different fabric. I am very ambivalent about it and find no inspiration sartorially, however, she looks very satified and she obviously loves it. Good for her !!! So it is inspiring from a confidence level.

Regarding 'shopping your own closet' : haven't we been doing it for eternity ? Who can afford to wear something only once ? I find the saying silly not cliche.

 

Blogger laichungleung said ... (2:41 PM) : 

The dahlia-like turban is decidedly whimsical, together with the sandals over socks, sandwich the rather masculine monochromatic garb in the middle, making the whole more interesting than the sum of its parts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

I think she looks fantastic!!! I love the relaxed chicness of it all, and the headwear completes the look in my opinion!!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (3:55 PM) : 

the hat is too silly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Very Simone de Beauvoiresque...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I'm so surprised to see people disliking her turban, which I believe is Prada. She is the only woman on the street--or anywhere off a runway, for that matter--that I have seen pulling it off, and it puts a smile on my face to see her carry it so effortlessly and with such confidence. She looks extremely comfortable and is swimming in her personal style without splashing it about over-dramatically, in my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

This outfit looks so very comfortable. She's brave for wearing a turban. I love the pieces, but I thought that together, the pants made her legs look short and the jacket makes her torso look really long. She's beautiful, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

i really cannot appreciate her look. i think her pants are too short (i'm also not fond of khaki), with the socks.. and she has a very strange proportion about her. the turban is kinda cool but still, the rest throws me off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I have been looking for a turban like this for ages! I love it! <3

 

Blogger Relaunched said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Salut,

the turban is amazing... very old style. Cool. I love it because i have totally forgotten that this was a great and absolutly elegant accessoire!

Thank you, Scott, for remembering me ;-)

Jérôme

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Isn't she with Vogue Nippon?

Instead of "crazy cool" the turban just seems "contrived crazy" but I admire her confidence to give it a try.

The phrase "Shopping your closet" has certainly been overused lately but the idea isn't a cliche at all.

I think if you can't rediscover something in your closet or enjoy wearing something in a new way then you must be a fashion victim.

 

Blogger Rebecca MacKiller said ... (7:22 PM) : 

What a dramatic presentation of color. The cherry on top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

I think she looks good in the photo with the black backdrop. The color of the turban is beautiful (although I'd never be able to pull off one). It also looks like it fits her better in this photo than the other one.

As for "shopping your own closet," I don't think most people would debate the value of that--EXCEPT retailers, designers and people actively invested in such things.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I wonder if people who have never thought of the concept of using your own clothing creatively are easily bored and wasteful. Why would you buy something only to wear it once (unless it's an outstanding event)?

When I buy things (doesn't matter the price), I buy them because I love them and want to wear them repeatedly.

It seems to me that people who want to wear something only once might do so for reasons of ego...

 

Blogger Krista said ... (9:30 PM) : 

She's a beautiful woman, but it looks like she's a little girl playing dress up in her grandmother's closet. She's wearing it with confidence though, and I give her respect for that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

I don't really "get" the top look but always think originality is worth a study. She looks like she'd be a pistol!

 

Blogger pulp+witticism said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Exquisite. Beautifully made, tailored, simple clothing paired with the most eye catching accessories. This closet will always be in good taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

This reminds me of Joan Crawford.. maybe its Joan reincarnated popping out for some milk before she gets properly dressed to go out.. and I admire such grace in echoing the elements of styling with modern comfort.. love her!!

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (3:10 AM) : 

I adore that turban, the outfit is amazing!


Flanelli

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 AM) : 

wow its not often that i find i have to leave a comment but in this case i feel compelled to as she just looks fantastic. this is the way i want to dress! she looks sexy without being too overt and strong without being overpowering.
the way the image is framed by the yellow of the painted lines and yellow lights really set off her outfit. thanks sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

honestly, the turban looks ridiculous. like she put it on as a joke. the rest is very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Ahh =) the green "snakeskin"-clutch is so beautiful...

 

Blogger fashion blah blah said ... (12:16 PM) : 

isn't she one of Anna dello Russo's assistants?! I guess her name's Aurora..She's very elegant yet simple

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

the photos are amazing....perfect neutrals with just a touch of fun and eccentricity...stylish and easy.....
love it...........

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Chic. Love how she mined her closet with her own vocabulary. As for those 'so-5min-ago' fashion types, proclamations are a bit dated never mind cliché...

 

Blogger Alice said ... (7:07 PM) : 

This look is simply perfect, congratulations!

 

Blogger andie said ... (7:21 PM) : 

What's all the fuss over the turban? Just the fact that so many are opposed means it is all the more original/individual and maybe even brave.

It's not much different than a knit skull cap. Except the knit skull cap is overdone, and now mainstream.

Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

The turban = PRADA people!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

"Shopping in you own closet" a cliche is rubbish. What is a cliche is slaving to purchase a new wardrobe every season. it's called investment purchase for a reason. personal style is about reinventing and adding to your collection and knowing what suits you. fashion should be fun not simply frivulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

This woman reminds me so much of Jane Birkin, IOW, she's wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

when I'll be in my forties,I hope I'll be like that.Simply chic.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I appreciate the mash-up of dressing genres. But her clothes look so comfortable, that I would like to also see comfortable shoes. Or maybe the extreme comfort of the clothes make the shoes look more uncomfortable than they are.

All the above is perhaps exaclty behind her thinking.

Is EVERYONE smoking in Milan!! Geez.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Love the attitude shown in wearing a turban, but this particular one, the proportions..... with her hair down or her face-shape or something - I just find it extremely unflattering.

Many of us like to take a little chance with our ensembles - but in the end, shouldn't we find a balance? Like, choose that most whimsical/daring thing which also makes us look the prettiest? But I see I am in the minority here as to how good she looks.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (4:57 PM) : 

I agree with Anonymous 11:14 completely. This disposability of fashion first in clothes and now in home furnishings is completely ridiculous.

 

Blogger Philip Bewley said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I think she has to be one of my all time favorites

 

Blogger Passport Stamps said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Interesting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

..it's NOT "shopping your closet" that's cliché , it's the media's new founded fashionation with this time honored concept that is !

 

Blogger Celia said ... (9:49 PM) : 

I wish I could pull off a turban...so very jealous. There were some comments about the socks and sandals and I think that it works for me in the sense that the detailing of the shoes references the gathered centre of her turban, and the knitted socks add texture and refer back to her plain woolen sweater.

I don't think she is a woman who needs to be "flattered" by her clothes...her clothes simply complement her style, which she is chock full of.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

love the earrings!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

The turban just isn't working. At all.

 

Blogger james said ... (6:24 AM) : 

love the androgenous shape and feel of her clothes in full length but have to say i think she is being worn by that turban its very pantomime...worn too high...that said i love her for just doing it anyway!
The flash of colour works perfect within the general ensemble.
well done great site.

 

Blogger _____ said ... (11:52 AM) : 

she's fierce!

 

Blogger Mark Harris said ... (3:50 PM) : 

just plain silly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

her turban is cool. anyone knows how to make turban like that?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting