This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Rei, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the Street.....Rei, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.....Rei, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Are those rainboots with a leather sole?

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (8:36 AM) : 

love the entire outfit head to eggplant raintbooted toe! she pulls off the layered look with aplomb.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

love the hat and the mood, addict to the next shoot!, the boots are great and the shape is fine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

oh my she is absolutely gorgeous

 

Blogger Henke S said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Cool combo, Nice photo

/ blamethecream.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Carmen said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Yes! I saw her yesterday taking photos at the entrance of Valentino Fashion show!
I loved her purple boots
Style de VIe

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Great mix of layers and that shot of royal blue in her coat shirt over her coat, picking up on her boot, seems thrown together at the last minute but totally coordinated at the same time. Is she a blogger like you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

WOW!!!! Amazing, amazing, amazing. Such great style and so uniquely her own.

 

Blogger T.P. said ... (9:01 AM) : 

I can't say I find it the most sartorial of outfits but I like that it's practical and comforting. The boots are what I fnd the most annoying. I quite like the rest of her outfit.

 

Blogger JAKOB said ... (9:05 AM) : 

WOW

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

wow! she's stunning - and those boots - the color is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Love the boots!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Let us not be deceived, I bet these clothes are very expensive! I like the purple dot print jacket and the combination of long and short layers. Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

i love this boots! were are they from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Those boots are awesome!

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Someone is ready for the cold weather (a terrible blizzard perhaps?)

 

Blogger miMo said ... (9:47 AM) : 

absolutely love the color coordination, the boots and the pose.

 

Blogger CHOCHI said ... (9:54 AM) : 

muy muy buena onda!!! me encanta su gorro!

 

Blogger Claire said ... (9:56 AM) : 

wow, great layers, and GUMBOOTS, and sherpa hat. everyone should wear gumboots, they are so liberating - you can walk wherever you want!

 

Blogger Emmadime said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I wonder how many layers she actually has on!
lots of color and texture.

 

Blogger JouJou Loves You said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Ahhhh I love this!!! I wear fisherman boots (that is what I like to call them) EVERYWHERE in Tunis....even when it is sunny. They are so comfortable and I don't have to worry about them getting dirty. (Tunis can get quite muddy/dusty)

I plan on wearing them all over Paris when I arrive on Saturday.

 

Blogger Mikelle Street said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I think the peices are STUNNING all stunning! The ting is, I'm not positive about everything together. The colors, are amazing, but I think that you lose some of the look with all of this stuff. All that said, I think she's amazing and if she has a blog I want that address!

 

Blogger Dick said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I'll try again: Bit odd the hat, the layers, the boots.....Made me laugh anyway!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Amazing. Love it.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:31 AM) : 

It looks, she put on everything she found around against the cold.
The result is not bad at all.
Perhaps the ushanka is a little bit extrem..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

OMG!

 

Blogger Carla said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I need these boots. Anyone know who makes them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

a fashion warrior in a mission abroad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

That's a lot of layers!!

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:06 AM) : 

OOOhhh, love those boots! (it's that color)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

she is beautiful and the light is just so amazing...you really caught a moment...
nancy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

love the boots! and the hat! and the camera! but I don't really understand what she's wearing....is that a long sweater, a blazer, and then the leopard print parka jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

i like it, she put all her clothes on at once. wonder what she was shooting.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:09 PM) : 

that's a long cardigan!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

I want those rain boots!!

love the background

 

Blogger bethany said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Last winter my husband begged me to buy a trapper hat and I thought that was weird. Finally found one in the men's section and wore it all winter because it was so cozy! She looks amazing.

 

Blogger parisgirl said ... (12:32 PM) : 

beautiful shot! the lighting and that background are so evocative of paris, scott. and the blast of cobalt blue from those boots is fantastic...

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:09 PM) : 

An actual original dresser.... so rare. Even on Facehunter where everyone is doing their own thing (which I love) they hardly ever reach this level of unique sophistication IMO.

Certainly easy, casual pieces but put together with an extremely good, artistic eye. It's almost editorial....

Sart, you outdid yourself with this one.

And what a beauty she is.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:12 PM) : 

BTW - I so much prefer coming here and going to Garance's site (and a few other street style sites) and seeing real people (well, "real" is relative I guess) with great personal style as opposed to flipping through the pages of Vogue and looking at their "aspirational" editorials full of clothes I can never afford and that don't suit my lifestyle.

You deserve hellified props for your excellent eye and good taste and your ability to show us everything from Voguettes in the Vogiest of voguaralia to people like this (and that stunning woman from Milan in the blue trench - yowza!), equally confident, beautiful and stylish but in a very personal, more "realistic" way.

Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

That's the thing I don't understand! How is is comfortable in any way to wear five layers? I don't think it looks very nice and I don't think it's much fun to put it on or take it off. And it takes a bit of effort to pull every layer in the right direction so nothing pulls the wrong way when you move! It looks really bulky!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

WHO MAKES THOSE BOOT!!! love them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Enchantress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

REI KAWAKUBO? i know iknow:)
not bad, it would have been way better without pants,no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Are you people crazy? Are we even looking at the same picture? She looks like a cartoon character! Just because a person throws on a bunch of random layers does not mean they have style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Is this Maggie Q?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

i cant really see her face but it's her profile that i love so far!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

there's so much stuff...

boots are the most rad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Wow, that's terrific!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Absolutely amazing! I could never make this work, but she looks gorgeously cute!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (5:39 PM) : 

You never cease to blow my mind.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Those blue boots (are they really rain boots?) are just perfection! the colour is something out of this world...or perhaps it's just the rainy-looking weather and light that makes them look so heavenly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Oh, I love it! The SDF look pulled off to perfection. I admire this 100 percent. The boots are to die for!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

I will store this image in my head for those days when I'm feeling really confident and playful and need to be really warm as well. Maybe I can coordinate something similarly as witty and crazy.

 

Blogger Room4777 said ... (8:06 PM) : 

Haute Hobo? I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Rei is perpetually my favorite person on your blog, Sart! Thanks for another glimpse of her unique and fabulous style. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 PM) : 

I love the hat. It may seem like overkill but if so it captures all the more what it is like to stay out and look for pictures while your hands and feet get cold.

And I'm with Monique 100% I can't bear to buy fashion magazines anymore, the blog format is more the pulse of fashion. And all blogs are not equal, this one is just right, so often some jolt of inspiration.

 

Blogger Nikki - - Monomestile - - said ... (11:24 PM) : 

There are so many things about this outfit I cannot comprehend. Like how many layers and what exactly I'm looking at.
It's glorious.

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (11:37 PM) : 

Anyone know where to get her fabulous boots? Or at least the brand?

Thanks...

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (11:38 PM) : 

Anyone know where to get her fabulous boots? Or least the brand?

Thanks...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

looks like i am going to be the only one here saying this.. but i think thats too much fabric on one person..!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 AM) : 

I would only have the courage to wear one less layer. But those boots! oh my.

 

Blogger Lola-Elise said ... (3:59 AM) : 

I am in love with those boots..and the layers..*squeals*..

visit me at: lola_elise.blogspot

Lola. X

 

Blogger Mai said ... (5:13 AM) : 

i love her proportions. the longer flimsy gray sheath under a shorter and thicker jacket. also like how the blue accents the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I think she overdid the layers. Although coordinated, it reminds me of hobos who HAVE to wear everything they own because they have no where else to put it. She's cute though and like the general idea of her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Amazing picture...beautiful style

a 'Sartorialist' classic

thank you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I covet the boots, and I like the blue dot jacket. But after looking at this closely, I have agree with others that the layering is overdone. I love layering, but this does not really make sense practically, nor does it seem to be making any kind of interesting statement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

TOO....MUCH
I say "NO"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Those boots are Dafna horse riding shoes. It's so big in Japan right now! Also, another horse riding shoes that's big in japan is Umo.
They look great and they're best to wear in rainy days with style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Is that the same lovely photographer who was in the background of your little pouting girl in Paris shot, posted months ago?

Either way, she's a great, intriguing subject.

As for the many layers, I can relate. If you're a small person who gets cold easily, this is it, at least, it is for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

boots are Le Chameau (french euivalent of Hunter)

 

Blogger Mercurialblonde said ... (6:33 PM) : 

She looks incredible. I'm suitably in awe.

 

Blogger Rocky and Penelope said ... (8:31 PM) : 

There have been no so distant times that I've been tempted to wear every single jacket I own, all at once. I wish I could pull if off so gracefully. Beautiful, and so out of the ordinary. I love it!

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (12:35 AM) : 

That's such a stunning photograph that I'm having trouble seeing just the outfit separate from the composition of the photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

beautiful photograph. i love how it's only very esquite asian women who can pull off this look without flaw.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (1:51 PM) : 

love her boots.
but her clothes... layered to much.
seems like she's afraid of getting cold...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

She is one of your most interesting subjects. The colors are simply beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

the lighting here is just gorgeous, perfect! love the boots too

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Nice job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I do not like this too much layered look. Trying too much.
No.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

ok but WHERE did she get those boots!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 AM) : 

Hot boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Hat in Russian style =)

 

Anonymous ina said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Fabulous...
One of those timeless photos...

 

Anonymous SartorialStudent said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I think the dark grey blazer and light grey coat beneath it look great and the fur hat is a very popular item at the moment. Not sure if I really like the whole combination myself, but she has really layered the outfit well and made it her own

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting