This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Plaid & Brocade, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 05, 2009

On the Street......Plaid & Brocade, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......Plaid & Brocade, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

She is really cute! The old-fashioned glasses are the BOMB!!!* She rocks!

 

Blogger Mikelle Street said ... (9:10 AM) : 

I could not breathe when this came up! I try to rock that look with these 3d glasses that I popped the lenses out of. I love the way she pulls it off with style and grace! Tres chic!

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (9:11 AM) : 

I like the clothes, a lot actually. But those glasses made me bust out laughing. A little too "Roger Moore" pour la moi.

 

Blogger Mai said ... (9:11 AM) : 

lover her glasses *_*

 

Blogger David said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Much as I hate to say something gushing since you refuse to publish anything in the least contrary or even light hearted. She is sublime. There; done it!

 

Blogger N said ... (9:20 AM) : 

wow! I really love this. Everything blends so well. She's beautiful.

 

Blogger Cassiopeia said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Amazing photo. Love her skirt and stance; so uncompromising but shy!

The layering and colour combination works really well, with the browns and reds and tan-gold reflecting in her hair.

Xxxc

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

amazing style!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:23 AM) : 

J'adore.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (9:23 AM) : 

i would wear this outfit now, well...not now because it's pretty hot here.....i already have the glasess!

 

Blogger laichungleung said ... (9:24 AM) : 

What's with this trend of otherwise beautiful people wearing decidedly uncomplimentary eyeglasses? Is it a revolt to chic or a tribute to Terry Richardson?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Great outfit, great mixture of texture and colour. Love the super-geek glasses and haircut!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

she looks familiar...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Those glasses are gorgeous! I love her expression too, and the skirt and the bag. Even though it's not "my style" I reckon that's a fab outfit!

 

Blogger Relaunched said ... (9:45 AM) : 

One word: AMAZING.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Love. Love, love, love.

Not everyone can pull off those glasses. She can.

 

Blogger J. Rene' said ... (9:46 AM) : 

OMG she is SO cute! Great personal style and I am loving that skirt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Wow. Love everything (although I probably wouldn't like the hat on the head). She would actually make me turn around if I saw her in the city center. That doesn't happen a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

loving the skirt!

 

Blogger CHOCHI said ... (9:53 AM) : 

me encantan sus anteojoos! y el sombrero!!

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Rockin!!

 

Blogger Renze said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I admit, I swooned.. great combination!

 

Blogger Jinsol said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I would love to see her picture in the hat too. The hat is amazing.

 

Blogger Flora Márquez said ... (10:19 AM) : 

La falda, los anteojos..el sombrero..Todo muy otoñal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

She's beautiful, yes. However, I dislike the glasses, scarf, and jacket as they make her appear like every other hip young 20s. Despite the appearance of the glasses being daring and outrageous, you can find them on every 10th person's face you walk by today. Same with the scarf. From the waste down though(hat, tights, skirt[and i'll include the turtleneck])and her perfect pixie cut- I'd say exquisite.

 

Blogger . . . said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Oh geeze. This is amazing. This is like, what I try to aim for every day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

She's lovely, and I like the outfit, but having been in high school in the mid 70s, I really can't get behind the hair and glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

now she is cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

she rocks!! yeahh great skirt, trendy and out at the same time, can't describe but vintage

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Fun and cute outfit. Looks incredibly comfortable! The only thing I don't care for is the glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Well, I haven't had any luck getting my critical comments published, so I'll try with a non-critical one: this is a great outfit, including haircut and glasses.

 

Blogger Desiree Masiela said ... (10:52 AM) : 

OOH give me the glasses cheek-chic, so now loving the whole ensemble...edgy

DESIREE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Yes yes yes! Yes to the brocade, yes to the patterned wool jacket, and yes to that thin-striped scarf that so delicately balances out the patterns, textures, and weight of the other fabrics. That hat is just icing on the cake!

 

Blogger La Tienda de Ideas said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Tiene cierto aspecto andronigo, no se sabe si es un hombre o una mujer... uff!!! Mucha mezcla para mi gusto sombrero, fular, gafas, bolso... mucho, pero mucho

 

Blogger Alma Bijou said ... (11:04 AM) : 

I Love this sweter!!

 

Blogger Un Monito said ... (11:10 AM) : 

The woman of my dreams! Her glasses are way sexy - and a brilliant move on her part b/c upon intitially viewing the photograph, the viewer's eye is immediately drawn to her flawless face - which is undoubtedly the most perfect part of the day.

I love the versatility of her look - It melds together perfectly, and if she wants to place down her sweater, she is still rocking the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

The glasses and the haircut are a homage to YSL!! They are ingenious and totally inspired and would've justified a feature. But then, the jacket, the scarf, the skirt and that hat. I'm positively drooling! This will be one of my all time favorites, for certain. Thank you very much, mr. Sart.

 

Blogger MONI said ... (11:21 AM) : 

shes such a great tomboy! love her
http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

The glasses ruin everything else about her look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

The outfit is awesome. Something I'd totally wear. The brocade skirt seems almost like leather. Very cool. However those glasses... I just don't get ugly glasses.

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Hmmm.

I like this (said in a Simon Cowell-esque voice).

Not sure why, but it somehow works.

Though not sure how i would feel if she was actually wearing the hat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Geek chic for women? Why the heck not.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Love it. Not a haircut for most people but it works on her and I love when people can pull something off that the rest of the world just can't do. I like the glasses too. From the neck up she's a female YSL of the 1970's.

Now, as for the hat.... I'm glad it's not on her head, I think it might put a flaw on an otherwise flawless look.

 

Blogger CW said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I wore glasses like that in the 1970's!

The woman is well put together except for the keffiyeh. Lose the keffiyeh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

love the look as it is not pretentious, (rare) the glasses age her and if she put on the hat it would be a bit much. Otherwise j'adore.
x

 

Blogger chalortte said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Oh my god I love it !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

As long as she actually needs glasses, I love those. But as an essentially blind person without my glasses, I hate it when people who don't need glasses where them. And the trend bothers me a bit because if I didn't need them, I wouldn't wear them. Either way the rest of her look is fabulous and I would rock that any day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

absolutely lovely!

 

Blogger Chrissy Johnson said ... (1:45 PM) : 

The outfit is precious, but the glasses...woah. My father wore these from 1977-1987 and I beg to differ. But she's adorable, even if she does remind me of my father!

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:51 PM) : 

An incredible mix of textures going on here.

 

Blogger Monster Blond said ... (1:55 PM) : 

I am digging this outfit so hard... right down to the glasses..

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Too me, this is perfection!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Geek chic style !
She does it well !

 

Blogger Mendij said ... (2:39 PM) : 

love love love

 

Blogger Montreal Fashion Minds said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Great look, cool glasses!

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

http://montrealfashionminds.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:08 PM) : 

This girl is super original! I want her to become my girlfriend.

 

Blogger Sondra said ... (3:15 PM) : 

The Hat! Where can I get that Hat?

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (3:20 PM) : 

beautiful girl=beautiful outfit put together=reeking in awesomeness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

can't stand those glasses! looks like every other person trying to be cool. thank goodness for this lady the rest of her does show she has her own look.

 

Blogger J U L I O said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I like the whole outfit, very well done. But the glasses have got to go: I wear "nerd chic" glasses like those (been wearing them for years already) and whenever I see someone wear glasses like those, just for the sake of wearing them, it highly annoys me, especially since now nobody believes mine are prescription and think I'm falling into a trend.

 

Blogger TheMinx said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I love how the creamy tan color is picked up in various parts of the outfit. Very impressive :) And of course her glasses are da bomb.

 

Blogger Meredith said ... (4:07 PM) : 

The hat and glasses make it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

She's extremely cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Imagine her without the glasses, something would be missing. I saw these former geek-glasses a lot lately and didn't like them in the majority of cases. She has the right face though, it is not eclipsed by the glasses, but they make it interesting. So I admit in this case, they make the look!

Also, I'm always grateful for girls, having short-hair-cuts. Not every girl should have short hair, but a lot of faces could be more unique and less boring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

I checked the comments to see what the hub-bub about the glasses would be. On her, because she is young and gorgeous, everything looks wonderful. But for us people who wore those glasses in the 70's-80's, they just dont look good. I wore my big ol' tortoise glasses because I thought I looked pretty and cool and that's what people wore then. Now I cringe when I see pictures of myself. I guess I've turned into my Grandma who rolled her eyes when I went out and bought some cool retro 50's cat-eye glasses that I thought were the bomb.

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Anybody heard of Erlend Øye, Norwegian musician? He must be her muse:
http://user.it.uu.se/~erikb/images/erlend.jpg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

She has such a pretty face but she hides it under those glasses. Clothes are really great, but the glasses killed me- and not in a good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

i'm tired of irony (unless it actually is funny, rather than tired). Lose the glasses. The coat is nice though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

She's very cute - makes me think Thelma from Scooby Doo (the cartoons not the wretched live action movies) and that's not a diss!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (6:45 PM) : 

excellent lesson in how to make the contrived look completely effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE

the outfit just comes together so perfectly. and her hair is gorgeous. I don't know why some people are dissing the glasses bc she totally pulls it off.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Very well thought out.

 

Blogger DISCOFUNBATH said ... (7:05 PM) : 

That hair is great, really. And I'd love to see that hat on as well. She's adorable.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

I love this style! And the glasses? I'm getting one like that tomorrow. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

omg give me a jacket like that!

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Amazing. It's very Urban Outfitters. The glasses are sooo cute and i love her hair and the hat. Not a big fan of the bag, but the rest i absolutely adore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

OMG -- it's Velma Dace Dinkley from Scooby-Doo all grown up. Loose the glasses, girl. Everything else is great!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:51 PM) : 

I love this look. the glasses and the skirt are to die for!!!

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

I don't know. It's like she's hiding behind those glasses and all the layers, patterns, and textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

Gorgeous! I'm not a fan of scaves worn this way since it has become so cliche on college campuses that I'm sick of looking at them but she's rocking it.

Love the glasses, jacket, and especially that skirt... wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

this nerd glasses trend is one i refuse to accept. it's just not flattering in any way.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:13 AM) : 

She looks amazing. I love her style sense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 AM) : 

damn cute..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:26 AM) : 

i would have liked to see what kind of shoes she chose to match this outfit! love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Almost a Dorothy Hammill wedge haircut. Same era as the glasses

 

Blogger lauren baluyo said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Every. single. element. in this woman's look is simply AMAZING! Would love to have seen her with the hat on as well. Well done!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I like the simplicity of the it. All natural tones!! She looks too cool n fly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

i LOVE her glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

The glasses I love! very Cleve Jones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

She is cute, the outfit fantastic. But those gushing about the glasses haven't a clue. I've been wearing spectacles for years and was subjected to these as a 10 year old. This is the Hakim Optical free frame selection and were god awful then and even worse now.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (12:38 PM) : 

love her haircut and glasses!

 

Blogger jawcey said ... (2:15 PM) : 

SOOOO fantastic! And inspiring! A definite fave Sartorialist capture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

This is why I love having a wardrobe of mostly neutrals, because you can keep playing with combining your stuff in new, interesting ways. She did a great job with the closeness of the color values, the textures & weights of fabrics (mostly thin)and last, the proportions which I think are near perfect.
The glasses? Well, just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Take those glasses off and this would be absolutely adorable. Those kind of glasses rarely work on anyone. I don't like them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

I don't get the glasses either. Mostly because I had to wear adult glasses as a child (big fat head that I had) these merely take me to a traumatic place. Trauma isn't interesting.

The rest of her outfit, now, is fab through and through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

best...in love:X

 

Blogger Mateo said ... (7:43 AM) : 

All us glasses wearers are jealous because she can pull of the look and we couldn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Where can I get the fantastic glasses ?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:08 AM) : 

really nice and so convincing ...
i shuld like to see her whit the hat on.

i found her very interesting!

Massimo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

This is a perfect TEN! from the hair color..to every single detail in this look.... sooo geek.....she has some masculine look... but still...some sweetness ... she doesnt even look real... its all about charisma... and that ford fiesta on the background... rssss..

 

Blogger that dude said ... (6:58 PM) : 

she's really pretty.

 

Blogger Aaron Kllc said ... (11:37 PM) : 

heelello spiffy! the glasses are 2-fine, but don't under value the way the hair plays into the whole mist-tique... she didn't just roll out of bed with that hair did

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 PM) : 

i LOVE LOVE LOVE her skirt.

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Love the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

to much of a hipster look for meee!! you'll find clones of her on NY everywhere!

 

Blogger Connie said ... (4:22 AM) : 

I like the mix of patterns, the plaid with the strips looks fantastic. My favourite part is the leather skirt, which I could never pull off but looks great on her.

theheeartbreakinc.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

I don't understand the trend with the 70's glasses. I know fashion recycles itself, but these are the glasses we make fun of ourselves (or our parents) for wearing in our ( or our parents') high school yearbook pictures. Blehck.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

For me, the crowning point is the crookedness of the glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I immediately thought of Velma from Scooby-Doo - then read the comments and saw I'm not the only one. A much more beautiful Velma of course!

It would be interesting to see her without the glasses. She certainly has a lovely face, and I think the glasses enhance it. For me they draw attention to her flawless complexion and sensual lips.

I love that she is wearing no makeup and her hair has just a fantastic cut then becomes low-maintenance. Everything suits her perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

AND LOOK AT THAT HAT!

 

Blogger lipsticklondoner said ... (1:30 PM) : 

meh... unfussed

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:31 AM) : 

i would love to see that hat on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

If she didn't have such a cute haircut, I'm not sure she'd have pulled the outfit off so well. She rocks it...and her bag is pretty awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

the awesomeness of this image is inexplicable!

 

Blogger Molly B said ... (4:19 AM) : 

i want to be friends with this girl.

i disagree that she's "too hipster". she looks too smart and confident to be simply buying into something.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Very Breakfast Club...
Nerdy cuteness.

 

Blogger Norm said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I like the glasses along with the clothes, it's nerdy but still cute.

 

Blogger Philip Persson said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Adorable. Very comprehensive and well thought-out composition too. A bit risky, but great for her style. I like it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting