This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Metallic Color, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 27, 2009

On the Street......Metallic Color, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......Metallic Color, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Love the different color palettes, textures...overall style...but most importantly his shoes.......fun fashion.....Thank you Sart!

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (10:11 AM) : 

the whole look is great, mostly the sweater and the belt

 

Blogger Monsieur Davide said ... (10:12 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Carl said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I love all the colors. Inspirational. If I could only convince the Hip-hop community that those shoes are indeed fly, I'd be on it.

 

Blogger Ladybird said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Lovely and dary mix!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

hee hee! I think this is the "oversize knit sweater" kid in 20 years! I like it-- long coat, short pants, vomitorium of colors... it works! Nice background, as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

love everything but that ankle length pants. looks shorter. and looks unpolished. hate it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

A totally original and charming cacaphony of colors, textures, patterns, shapes and a bright pink belt. Long live eccentricity and the surreal street music it makes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

wow, crazy cool.

but in real life, I would never trust a man, who doesn't wear socks with his dress shoes. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

he's like a butterfly. don't you think?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

he took a risk, and it paid off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

The colors and proportion make this a charmingly androgynous look. Wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Very, very vibrant and busy with the patterns, not sure about the sweater color though. My eyes hurt, but then I don't thik I have ever been so intrigued. Love the choice of backdrop, BTW, Sart. Great choice.

 

Blogger Montreal Street Views said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Blue shoes for men are popping up all over, I just can't see it on 99.99 percent of the people, but this guy pulls it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

yessssss.
this is so good.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:18 AM) : 

That is a fun look. It works because it is clear he is not trying to match the bright colors. It is going to take me a long time to get use to ankle length pants though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:24 AM) : 

wow, great!

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (11:31 AM) : 

There's nothing about this I don't love!

 

Blogger JULES said ... (11:32 AM) : 

LOVE IT! absolutely positively stylish...

great job scott
care to follow my blog, as i follow yours?
http://styleanthem.blogspot.com

 

Blogger K said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I am in love with this man. He has a wonderful vibe.

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (11:55 AM) : 

So fun! love the sweater..so spring looking. P.s. Congrats on the piece on the Air France in flight Magazine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

looks he likes plaid (see burberry bag & scarf)...i love the pink color and cool metallic shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Despite the gender propaganda, pink triumphs again as a great color for men. I'm glad he punctuated the look with ultra-shiny footwear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

The shoes finish off the overall look beautifully.

 

Blogger Amra said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Those shoes are really cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

This is the best look I've seen in this blog in quite a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

fabulous! what an inspiration

 

Blogger CW said ... (12:56 PM) : 

The pink sweater is misplaced. It detracts from the look rather than enhances.

It also looks like he is not wearing socks.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (1:21 PM) : 

I love the shoes but not with the rest, in fact the rest looks better is you cover the shoes. For individuality he has my vote but he should save those shoes for another outfit and by all means wear some socks with them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

His gray hairs just complete an already awsome outfit, and you captured it!
great picture.

 

Blogger hc said ... (1:48 PM) : 

the mixing of red with pink is genius, in a black and brown way. just wish the shoes were un-shined to keep your focus up top.

 

Blogger Jennifer Cowgill said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I love the look but I wish he were wearing socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

I love when men experiment with colour and pattern! SO GOOD!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

such a fan of punk love pink & plaid. they have similar shoes on topshop for female.

handsome, handsome man.

 

Blogger HC said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Wheres the rabbit and the top hat?

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Man, there's a whole lot going on here.

 

Blogger Henke S said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Awesome. Nice pic to

/blamethecream.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

The shoes make the outfit! They are amazing!

 

Blogger Ghiblix2 said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Holy moly look at those beatle armor shoes! He's a walking firecracker, I have to say that I do like this look a lot, a little unusual and bold. Even the short pants I like.

The shoes are just ugly IMO.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

are those the sergio rossi's???? they are AMAZING.

www.nolabelleinthecity.blogspot.com

 

Blogger James Taylor said ... (3:09 PM) : 

He looks like Frank Zappa.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (3:14 PM) : 

AyayayayayayYA YA Ya!
Metallic Shoes! Neon Pink! LOVES IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

you've already posted this photo! i love everything about it though, its one of the rare ones that i save to my computer.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (3:25 PM) : 

I'm in love with this man too.

Wow.

;-)

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (3:44 PM) : 

The palette of pink (sweater), red (scarf) and orange (belt) really suggest YSL such a dynamic mixing of colour. The blue patent (Lanvin?) shoes are killer - i love them.

 

Blogger STARBOX PRODUCTION said ... (4:21 PM) : 

these shoes are wow!! Love it! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Wow, shiny shoes! Looks good, but I don't like the pants.

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I just saw those shoes (not sure if exact but pretty much) but in women's for sale on Shoesandyourmom.com! Some lucky person snapped them up though - they were in my size too :)

 

Anonymous Chesley said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I love the whole thing, I want to make him the kookiest sweater in the universe!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Wow! Soooo Electric. Love it so much.

 

Anonymous il Albanese said ... (8:05 PM) : 

I am so confused right now!

 

Blogger marie said ... (8:18 PM) : 

ooh i love him! fantastic eccentric ironical color-bash...fierce!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

love it love it love it

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Oh, this is so rich, and I don't know why, but joyful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Where are your socks???

 

Blogger seawallrunner said ... (9:11 PM) : 

The shoes (oh I LOVE his shoes!) match the little ribbon/tie around his neck. Love the vibrant colours, the mix of textures, and above all his confidence.

He has style, he knows it - what a sharp dressed man

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

now here's a bloke- very masculine in the devil-may-care-ness of the look...not too fussy, a dandy, yes, but still a guy. Love the gray in the hair, and a bit of the faux hawk rocking...works for me!

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (10:06 PM) : 

So pleased to see others also like this look!

Great one, Sart.

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (10:22 PM) : 

Nice colors!

+I love the bokeh in the image,

 

Anonymous Fashion As a 2nd Language said ... (10:24 PM) : 

What a painterly splash of color and pattern, framed by the sharp outline of a trim black topcoat. French Impressionism meets the old Flemish masters. And such a great face! I think his smiling eyes hold everything together. Is he single?

 

Anonymous princessglee said ... (12:06 AM) : 

The shoes yes!

 

Anonymous Ellen said ... (12:34 AM) : 

just fantastic. "Cacophony of colours" is definitely right! Not only do I love the shoes, but the burst of colours in the shirt area, especially the pink shirt (?), the necktie and the plaid scarf. The hair is the crowning glory!

 

Anonymous urban memo said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Love the pink.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Great layering of missmatched colours and patterns. Perfect electric blue shoes.

theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ellastica said ... (2:54 AM) : 

perfect mix of flamboyance and somberness, as expemlified by the contrast between the glossy shoe and pristine, almost flat fabric quality of his jacket and pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 AM) : 

love the colour and pattern combinations. the accessories are really funky. they really transform the black suit.

 

Anonymous fvad said ... (3:17 AM) : 

wouldn't endorse globalwise ; but there's something certainly yummy here !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Totally love this except, echoing Anon's observation (comment 7), that with the length of the pants, the legs look a little shorter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

This is so incredible. Its a very inspirational look for me. It has an energy that I would be happy to capture in my own outfits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

I know him working in a shop in Desenzano / Lago di Garda.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Gasp! He is brilliant. What vitality and joy this breaths! But the genius is in the balance - because in no way, miraculously, this has become nutty or too eccentric. He is my favorite man.

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:11 AM) : 

I've looked at this site weekly for a long time... It seems some of the looks are just here for how unusual they can dress (and it wasn't as much about that before, in my view).

When my daughter was 6 she put together outfits like this all the time. Honestly if I saw him coming down the street I'd cross over, to me he just looks weird.

Now without a doubt I'm a lover of classics however, I do feel even with the classic look that I usually wear I bring it up a notch and add something unexpected or unusual, but a whole outfit like that?

Wow maybe I've been involved in fashion my whole life and this sort of look just leaves me cold. Its just silly to me, the individual pieces are fine, together they look wrong. And metallic dress shoes with no socks in the early spring. Not.

Rarely do my comments actually get published since I'm not a over the top Sartorialist fan.

Best to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

there's somenting seriously wrong with proportions. it makes him look short. and for me it is way overdone. the strange glove, the orange (belt?). sart i love you, but this i don't like.

 

Anonymous Kring said ... (9:21 AM) : 

The shoes are amazing - that's Lanvin for you. Besides from that, I can't see how this outfit is even remotely stylish. It consist of really great and well-fitting items, but when combined it just looks like he's trying to hard to obtain some kind of unique style.

 

Blogger T. Ross said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Not a fan of clashing plaids vis a vis the scarf vs. the button down shirt. Also not a fan of the short pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

The hot pink sweater is effective in distracting one from those awful shoes. Too bad that the layers and fit and of his clothes and the untucked shirt call to mind a street person, an affect enhanced by the shopping bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

sewwww cool.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Love the color combination, especially the pink sweater and the Burberry Prorsum Men's FW 06 scarf on his neck!!

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Love the shoes but the short pants ruin the porportion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

So much fun. Really love how perfectly undone it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Love the look apart from the trousers. Makes his legs look too stumpy.

 

Anonymous Flo said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Love how he picks up the blue in the shoes with the tie, so chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

love the cropped pants. I think the break of the flesh tone gives a well balanced look. Imagine the black pants touching against the blue shoe?? If so, you lose the shoe.

 

Blogger B. said ... (7:16 PM) : 

for me - the best! colour and shoes:)

 

Blogger movita said ... (7:54 PM) : 

This man is my idol.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

I wait with anticipation; he will fly away soon! I am sure of it! His shoes can not hold him down!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

All logic tells me that I can't like this outfit, but I just love it. So unexpected. Brilliant!

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Almost perfect. Look at that intelligent face!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

LOVE the scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I wish he would take off the satin ribbon around his neck and the glove, lengthen his pants 2 3/4 inches and put on some socks! For me, this would then be perfection!

 

Anonymous The Brooklyn Circus said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Fun,colorful,playful and yet still very masculin. Men's fashion needs more of this.

 

Blogger _____ said ... (7:26 PM) : 

those shoes are amazing!!!

 

Anonymous Louise said ... (7:35 PM) : 

That is one fancy pair of shoes.. love the whole colour spread.. particularly fancy shoes..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:15 AM) : 

brilliant! what a vibrant picture - love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (4:13 AM) : 

He's alive & fantastic. I love men who wear pink, esp bright pink!

Scott W, his low-hanging trousers with short cuffs creates the interesting proportion & shows off his blue metallic oxfords!

 

Anonymous Michael said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Love the shoes, but not with this outfit. Are they Lanvin or maybe Churches?

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:59 AM) : 

so cool to see when men can wear such bright and moody things!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

This man = fabulous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I wonder what he bought at Burberry?

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (9:53 PM) : 

He looks like a very interesting character....the colors are all very different, but all WORK.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Fantastic style, it's so confident and unexpected, but yet not to forced. Images like this always keep me intrigued: like what does he do, or what did you say when you stopped him .... anyhow [ heard you'd be coming to Sydney, yeah!!!]

 

Anonymous Zach Payne said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Love the shoes. I've got some shiny gold boots from JUMP in SoHo to match. Im glad to see that the bright colors and shiny materials can work together. Also, loving the tie. Paradoxical subtlety and boldness. Obsessed. Keep a look out for my gold boots!

Sending love from NYU's own Fashion Blog:
Street-Spotted.com

Stay fabulous Sartorialist!

<3 your friends at,
Street-Spotted.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

i think those shoes are alejandro ingelmo.

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Where are those amazing gloves from...I am a desperate man!!!!

What a fine piece of cloth this gent cuts.

 

Blogger Da_Sa said ... (3:16 PM) : 

I like his scarf/ I have the same from my granny. It was made in India, ahhhh smells very vintage

 

Blogger older said ... (9:33 PM) : 

what a beautifully elegant man. i love his hair, and the pink mix with two different plaids sounds like something that shouldnt be done but he pulls them together so well!

 

Blogger fancygreysuit said ... (5:29 PM) : 

The pants are the best part!

 

Blogger Stylistocrat by RNR said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I freakin Love the shoes!! I need a pair like that for my Ozwald Boateng suit!!!!

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (7:54 PM) : 

LOVE IT!

 

Blogger Ezra said ... (7:59 PM) : 

great contrasting colors

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I want the shoes for myself.

He is definitely owning this and you have to admire that. And for me, that's why it works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv the shoes so electrifying

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

This one has to be one of my favorites. What style!

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Mmm... I don't know how to explain how I feel about this look. I think I don't like the shoes, but the pink sweater and the scarf are great.

Best!
Jose

 

Blogger frank adam said ... (12:41 AM) : 

This guy is magical. I love everything.

 

Blogger Melanie said ... (9:01 AM) : 

WOW!

 

Blogger Margaret Young said ... (12:02 AM) : 

this is perfect. all of it.

 

Blogger Colleen said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Amazing. Simply amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

oh you milanese...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

love his shoes. love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

GreaT!!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting