This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Masculine Print Scarf, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 26, 2009

On the Street......Masculine Print Scarf, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......Masculine Print Scarf, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Nothing special

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:05 AM) : 

What a BABE! Love the moustache and outfit is perfect, but I'm not loving the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I like this in theory - a well behaved, almost boring outfit called into question by an eccentric piece of flair - but for me they dont quite come together; and so the scarf ends up looking a bit like a bib rather than part of the ensemble.

 

Blogger Desiree Masiela said ... (9:08 AM) : 

not sure about the jeans fashion faux pas but do love the layering..

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I don't know if I'd say it's a masculine print. I think he just wears it well.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Love the scarf...it's not gangsta..it's pirate!

 

Blogger Relaunched said ... (9:29 AM) : 

I totally love this scarf!!!

Jérôme

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

coat gorgeous but jeans distracting w/ the fade and the scarf is too stiff. sorry. doesn't come together for me. look like he's trying too hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

those jeans!
the scarf is nice though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I really like that black overcoat!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I love the scarf and think more men outside of Paris should don one.

 

Blogger Natalie J Monty said ... (9:54 AM) : 

snazzy xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

What jean fashion faux pas is being perpetrated here?

 

Blogger MeG said ... (9:55 AM) : 

da muchisimo estilo a los hombres... bueno y a las mujeres como no...
un besin!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

It is a beautiful scarf, but I would not call it masculine.

 

Blogger Lindsay S said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I don't see how this scarf print is "masculine".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Color-wise, I think that the scarf helps tie together the jeans and the black jacket/coat. I'm guessing the scarf tied that way prob. looks better when the jacket is buttoned.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I think that from the waist up this is great. The clothes are very classic, sober, but they are given excitement by the scarf, which itself has a lot of blue, so it blends in.
But the jeans? I find them really too loud. They are very 2003 dirty denim...

 

Blogger la drogheria said ... (10:48 AM) : 

mmmhhhh...really interesting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

i actually love this. love when gender layering is mixed and pulled off rather conceptually.

 

Blogger Graham Hutson said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Scarves are the way forward

 

Blogger stephen said ... (10:54 AM) : 

are cellular phones the new cigarettes in photographs? the feeling is similar.

 

Blogger hc said ... (11:11 AM) : 

4/10 i really do want to like him, but cuffing the jeans was never in, unless a rainy day.

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Not big on the 'stache but the rest is waaaaaayyy cool!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:22 AM) : 

The idea of this casual look, -if you could call it that, is to get some attention. The long wide scarf make him stand out from the crowd as well as it is not too much, but enough to get noticed. Works well if you want people to give you a comment, -be a modern urban masculine man - and maybe explain why you’re wearing it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:23 AM) : 

ayii! didn't notice the jeans... i was focusing on his gorgeous face.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Love the scarf; HATE the cuffs.

-S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

scarf is nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I find the jeans to be relatively timeless. They are an average straight cut and yes they are a little heavy on detailing but not so much that they are completely dated.

I saw this and thought, "this is how I should be dressing myself."

 

Blogger Amra said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Looks great on him. Though I'm not sure any man could pull it off wearing a scarf like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I don't know, is that a masculine print?

Those jeans are like overly processed blond hair. They make me crazy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

seems too contrived to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

overall this is working for him,,,,I dont think he's trying hard,, just being himself,,, its nice to see a guy just being normal for a while! and not over the top,,,,,,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I like the coat, the stache and the jeans fit perfectly, but they look way to "acid washed" to me. If the jeans had of been deep blue, it would have really worked.

I have jeans similar to those and they are history!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

His whole outfit looks as if it fits very well. A little shorter on the jeans (to do away with the cuff), and a darker scarf (jewel blue would have been better, I think), and he would be in business. Still a sophisticated look, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Absolutely awful collar.

 

Blogger Carissa Rose said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Fantastic, and yes, the phone does have the same non-chalance I'm busy attitude that a cigarette has.

 

Blogger stephanie said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Very at observation about cell phones and cigarettes above. Both make it look as if the person being photographed is busy doing something else/is in the midst of something, rather than just simply standing there posing. Which is a nice effect.

 

Blogger Takeshi said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Nice jeans.

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I love the scarf! He makes it masculine in the way he wears it with the attitude and nonchalance.

 

Blogger D. said ... (4:54 PM) : 

he can pull off the scarf, because his jeans are really rugged.

best regards,

Djordy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

I'm not a huge fan of this kind of wash on jeans, but he makes them work. I think this is a great example of a bunch of simple pieces pulled together by a slam dunk of an accessory. I wish we had a closeup of the scarf...it looks like such an intricate pattern!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Really good looking guy, however the jeans are a distraction as they're too weather beaten & I never liked the looks of big ol' cuffs-way too Fonzie for my tastes.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I like the light in this picture!

 

Blogger HC said ... (9:55 PM) : 

Its the mustache and jeans that make him look masculine, not the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

The scarf and the bleached jeans are reflecting the light in the same way. The white/blue/brown in the scarf match the white/blue/hint of brown in the jeans. And then you have the same colors in the background: blue sky/bronw trees/almost white gravel. Then there's the black as an accent in his coat/shoes and the people in the background. I really like the way the colors in the picture work together.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Everything works...UNTIL those tres typical jeans.

 

Blogger Scoop said ... (1:32 AM) : 

I really like this! There's nothing wrong with going casual, and he does it well. Love the scarf, jacket and denim combo!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:57 AM) : 

I'm feeling the scarf. I want one!

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:26 AM) : 

my husband could rock this look. the stache is an accessory itself.

 

Blogger Matthew Mikulice said ... (11:48 AM) : 

The moustache certainly helps this look! It's a great scarf, I'm envious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Good with no risk

 

Blogger Mr. Argent said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I could imagine this look with ten different trousers; none of them jeans.

 

Blogger matilda said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I want that scarf!!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Who needs hair when you look this hot!

 

Blogger LuxuryObsessed.com said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I love this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 AM) : 

The jeans lost me at HELLO!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

scarf is elegant and therefore needs elegant compliments. A nice dark rinse pair of denim would be more suitable rather than this particular wash of denim. Otherwise, Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

To me it's like he's trying too hard.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:57 AM) : 

the shoes finish it off nicely.

 

Blogger mazpol said ... (4:21 PM) : 

masculine? but he pulls it off.

 

Blogger Michael Morco said ... (10:26 PM) : 

I can't take washed jeans on grown men...

 

Blogger Aloyse said ... (4:51 AM) : 

love it!

 

Blogger T said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I.M.P.E.C.A..B.L.E.

 

Blogger james arthur tancred said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I like this guy's layered look, the jeans look good on HIM, because he has the right shape, his shoes are good and simple, and work well. I also like his flamboyant scarf, which does not look at all camp, and his moustache looks fine too. I appreciate his ethnic touches, ie. on his wrist. A well considered ensemble.

 

Anonymous It's Okay If I Only Have IDR said ... (8:31 AM) : 

the scarf is a 'batik' scarf, a heritage pattern for hundreds years. there are many of them in Indonesia. From machine-printed to hand-painted, viscose to silk. Many of Indonesia women wears this scarf. But this guy looks fine, he can pull it off somehow.

 

Blogger Mark Harris said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Dude pulls it off, nicely.

 

Anonymous Handmade scarf said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Nice guy and nice scarf too. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

searching for the video clip on how to tie a double not on a winter's scarf.. please help!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting