This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Beach......Wrapped, South Beach Miami

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Beach......Wrapped, South Beach Miami

Comments on "On the Beach......Wrapped, South Beach Miami"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:54 AM) : 

First and foremost, cheekbones and hair! I love it!!! This is one of those outfits that does not look expensive or designer at all, great choices! One word of caution: we in South Florida wear these things out of necessity in this hot weather. This look may be totally too much elsewhere!!! Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger - said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I love wearing those wraps. I can't wait for summer...

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:02 AM) : 

She's all summered out. I'm looking forward to short and t-shirt weather now!!

 

Blogger matthew langley said ... (10:07 AM) : 

the whole look is carefree and thoughtless - I mean that in absolutely the best way.

It would be nice to be in Miami right now - I am a little jealous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Since I live in Rio de Janeiro and beachwear is out business, I must say that even though she looks confortable and fresh, you don't find many girls wearing that around Ipanema or so. Now a days we have many light white dresses or mini shorts + tshirts that together with fun acessories work just fine to look up to date.
Best of luck next summer! :)

 

Blogger Gia said ... (10:25 AM) : 

wow, she looks really preety:)

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Looks like she just stepped off the beach...and maybe she did--sand on the toes still?

She looks effortless and stunning...just the way summer style should be! Carefree!

 

Blogger Mitchell Weiss said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I can't wait for summer and the return of splashes of color after seeing this image. It happens to be sleeting out my window at the moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

have to agree, does a look at bit over the top... but i guess thats what comes with summer!

 

Anonymous geezi said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Not impressed. It's pretty much a regular beach wear. She's gorgeous though...

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (11:08 AM) : 

The top is by Victoria Secret--I have it in eggplant! I love it when people can pull inexpensive items into a memorable outfit.

 

Blogger MONI said ... (11:15 AM) : 

i envy her weather!
http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger JULES said ... (11:18 AM) : 

this is haphazardly fabulous! effortless! love it!

great pic scott, as always
i follow ur blog, care to follow mine?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I want to go to Miami this summer.

 

Blogger MeG said ... (11:35 AM) : 

it´s original but i never wear this clothes

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Anon. 11:00. "Over the top?" What is over the top here? I don't get that at all.

And Ms. Rio (Anon 10:17), are you saying because she's not dressed like the girl from Ipanema in a "white dress" or "mini shorts" she's outdated? "Best of luck next summer?" Wow, aren't you the little Brazilian fashion nazi. I don't think everyone with good style is concerned with "fashion", but it sounds to me like you don't understand the difference.

I live at the beach too. I see all kinds of style here and I'm very happy that not everyone is wearing what's "fashionable".... how dull that would be.

I think this woman looks good. I especially like her fresh face. She reminds me of those pinup girls in the 50's. While this outfit isn't for me - I prefer string bikinis and light, loose cotton dresses over them - I like her in it.

The only thing I would change is the bag and the flip flops (which should be banned on both hemispheres IMO) but even flip flops can't squash her beauty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I live in Brazil and I can guaratee that nobody uses it anymore! Like somebody said before, in Rio, or any Brazilian beach, the best outfit is white dresses or mini shorts + tshirts.
That's look a little old fashion for beach wear ;P

 

Blogger Trapiello said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I want go to the beach!!!I need it...

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Here I come Miami!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

watch out, a yummy bomb just blew up south beach. wow.

 

Blogger Rock'n Roll Ballerina said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Great weather, beach and light weight clothes..oh how I long for summer!! :)

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:01 PM) : 

I'm going to Merritt Island in two weeks. Your photos are making me soooo impatient. xo

 

Blogger Heather Li said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Must get yellow bikini...

Must wander around half-naked in South Beach...

 

Blogger Chet said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Sart, I just can't agree with this look. She IS gorgeous. And looks happy and free. And I like the yellow top.

But the plaid patchwork bag AND the sarong are throwing me off. Not coherent. Not Sartorialist worthy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

this isn't something i'd usually be hyped on, but I really can't hate on beach beauty!
http://www.letuspreyy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

I'm Brazilian and I agreed... That's look is old fashion!!!
Tshirt + shorts OR Dresses.. always with HAVAIANAS!!!

 

Blogger amalie said ... (2:37 PM) : 

wow , she looks good.
i miss miami and summer!!

 

Blogger La chica said ... (2:45 PM) : 

she looks so confident!

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Are we talking about Brazil here or Miami?

Who cares if a sarong is "old-fashioned"? Sheesh - the woman looks great, carefree and happy with showing the right amount of skin.

I think if she's not wearing WHAT'S IN in Brazil then I like her even more.

It just means she isn't a fashion sheep, following the trends blindly because "Tshirts and Shorts" are "In". She wears what she wants and that's what makes her sartorial.

I can't believe some people are looking down on her because she doesn't look like everyone else...guess they don't have a mind of their own.

 

Anonymous sarah said ... (3:04 PM) : 

she looks like everyone else on the beach. better abs, maybe, but nothing special.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

um... no. SHE is beautiful. but it all looks like it came from the dollar general.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

She looks good...sun-kissed and Brunette perfection. The light colors just make her look that much more tanned.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Oh Christ, she's gorgeous and I'm on my way over from Scotland! Don't let her move an inch... I'm booking the tickets as we speak.. it's effing freezing here, so she's my summer date, hell, summer wife! I'm out the door... Hold on darlin' 'cos the wee fella will be there any minute now... I'll even trade in the whisky for one of them drinks with an umbrella and a cherry in it... Wow!Now that's a woman and a half... And I'm gettin' hot under my kilt just lookin' at her. Sart... you've made my day. Edinburgh airport here I come...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

She's not Brazilian!! Why are people comparing her to what Brazilians wear? It's great to have your own individual style and not look like everyone else. How else do you stand out from the crowd if everyone is wearing the same thing??

 

Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Although she is beautiful, I would prefer a gauze sundress as a cover-up. However, it is Miami and she looks confident in what she's wearing so work it sister!

 

Anonymous Brandon said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Stunning photo! It really gets across the vibe of South Beach.

 

Anonymous rainbowooseo said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Heels would make this pic memorable.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Oh my! My sister has that v. same sarong. Sarongs aren't old fashioned! And we wear 1001 of them in Brazil!

 

Anonymous Annika said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Wow! Who would have thought that such a simple outfit would create such discussions!?

I just love that she doesn't have your typical model/celebrity body and features, and yet she is absolutely gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Catherine like Deneuve said ... (5:17 PM) : 

This isn't about the clothes, though it is about the colors. Where I am, winter blacks and blahs still rule, and the prospect of this is like water in the desert.
The photo is terrific (the traffic barriers going down the left side of the photo almost repeat the orangey patch pattern of her bag and picks up the big orange flower on her sarong, and her pose is like some 1950 pinup girl).
She is dressed for the beach, and that is just fine, but what makes her stand out are her youth, her lovely figure, pretty face and flowing curls. She could wear rags and look great.

 

Anonymous Magsli said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Not a fan of sarongs whatsoever but she looks gorgeous absolutely. Why though are her toes so white and the rest of her tanned? Oops!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Eh

 

Anonymous Formerlawyer said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Magsli,

I believe that is sand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I think she´s very updated. She is so pretty. Her bone structure is great. Totally beautiful.You don´t need to follow all the trends in an exact way, to look good. I wish being that tall.

Sartoria please update your link of favorites and the other categories

 

Blogger Laura said ... (6:53 PM) : 

The weather stinks here, so I'm getting a little sad in the rainy Belgium ;)
Although I love the yellow bikini top!
x Laura
http://stylecoaching.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

c'mon Brasilians, you don't own the licence for beachwear style, whatever you might think....ehhhh....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

She is effortelessly gorgeous. She looks both timeless and memorable.
Since when are brazilians fashion oracles?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Because she has sand on her feet.

 

Blogger cmc said ... (8:47 PM) : 

i agree with catharine it's ALL about the colours and hers work so well together. sarongs aren't really a new thing though, but i'm a huge fan of the print and the yellow bikini. plus it doesn't hurt that the photo just feels like summer. thanks for the change of pace sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Is she facing the afternoon sun? She has a gorgeous sunset glow happening!

 

Anonymous Ronan the Librarian said ... (9:50 PM) : 

what is it about the "flip flop phobia" i encounter on this site and in magazines? Glenn O'Brien abhors them in GQ as do half the readers of this blog... here in Australia we practically live in our "thongs" (and I dont mean the anal-floss underwear version) as they are the most comfortable and practical and, dare I say, stylish, thanks to Havaianas, footwear for a long hot summer! By the way, this woman is gorgeous either in South Beach, South Rio or South Wollongong!

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (9:58 PM) : 

Pretty lady, great style: brazilian for sure! loved it

 

Blogger un(der)cover agent said ... (10:00 PM) : 

i think she looks great, happy and healthy, but this look is a dime a dozen anywhere in australia... not that inspiring. great photo composition though

 

Blogger m a u said ... (10:24 PM) : 

cool miami style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I just love this. Your photography is marvelous, of course. Most of all this is great because this woman is just working with her own fresh beauty in a way that is perfectly natural for her. Must admit that I had to laugh at the notes from people who suggest that (in Brazil) one has to wear a "uniform" of sorts to be on the beach. How embarrassing, if true. Thank goodnes I live in a culture where women can be individuals and still considered beautiful and stylish...

 

Blogger J. said ... (11:25 PM) : 

shes very beautiful and has a great body, however I must say the wrap, bag, shoes and bathing suit don't seem so special, I would say they look like ordinary beach wear.....i guess this one is more about the shot?

 

Anonymous noel said ... (11:36 PM) : 

the photo is not about the sarong, it's how the sarong was tied around her waist and how the little knot of the bikini top echoes it and then how your eye is pulled towards her midsection and the curve of her waist. the pose is great too and her contour sharp very sharp...and what do you know, it's not at all contrived, far from it in fact.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

Wow. A young Susan Sarandon. This is a great shot that feels a lot different than your usual style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

I have to say... I just don't get it. She is very pretty and all but the clothes... not feeling it.

 

Anonymous noel said ... (12:10 AM) : 

i believe too that some people might be having some problems with the photo background not being in the usual color palette...anyway the more i look at the photo the more i enjoy it. how does the sartorialist go from miami to nyc to paris to london to milan within a week. are the photos published chronologically even?

 

Blogger Adam J. said ... (12:14 AM) : 

What is with the boring beach outfits? Why is everyone gushing? She is wearing a bikini top and a pareo - what else is she supposed to wear to the beach? a duffle coat and jimmy choos? give me a break, this outfit is plain and casual. Nothing wrong with that, but does it merit the sartorialist?

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (12:17 AM) : 

she's beautiful and natural...gorgeous!

 

Blogger Ms. Jenn said ... (12:43 AM) : 

I'm from Miami. While she is gorgeous, I have to say that I'm unimpressed with her outfit. There are far more stylish and creative people to photograph in Miami.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

She's really pretty, but I don't see what makes this outfit interesting or original.

 

Blogger clerk said ... (2:39 AM) : 

This photo, in its own way, is timeless. A beautiful woman, with the glow of the sun on her cheeks, delightfully wearing the minimal amount of clothing because it is all that is necessary. The swimsuit and cover, bag and thongs, could have come from anywhere: the back of the closet from previous beach trips, a shop on the beach, borrowed from a friend. The colors and motifs reflect her surroundings. Sometimes a place can make you want to dress a certain way or not care about keeping up appearances like you might usually. She is dressed like a woman that can enjoy the beach without being a crabby fool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

She is lovely, but why is it that so many of the women you photograph are lovely mostly due to youth, whereas the men, such as Simone, below, are allowed to be a little craggy? Are there really no chic women over 40, or even younger but who are not in perfect physical shape?

 

Blogger Marina, Chloé et Andy said ... (4:34 AM) : 

Definitely, yellow is one of the must have colours I need in my closet this summer...

Love your blog, Following you!!

Hasta la vista, Mademoiselle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

Gorgeous lady, when you have such a face and body, who really cares what you wear ?
As for the Brazilians, I think we are all a little envious, hence the stern reactions. All the girl or boy from Ipanema meant was: we can wear something else than bikinis and flip flops. Point taken.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

Better if she wore heels? She's just been to the beach. Who wears heels to the beach? Everyone wears "Jandals" here in New Zealand (aka flip flops/thongs etc). I think I'd get laughed at wearing heels with a bikini!! I think she looks beautiful.

 

Anonymous chickmagnetstuff said ... (4:58 AM) : 

miami beach are always hot just like the picture you see

 

Anonymous A chicette in Paris said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Not loving the outfit but definitely jealous of the locale! I wish I was in my sarong on the way to the beach!!! :-)

Kisses from Paris!

xoxo

www.chicsetera.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 AM) : 

This look is pretty, fresh and summery; but fairly generic to be honest. Being from Cornwall I've seen this look again and again.

The colours of the bag are quite earthy, whereas the colours of the rest of the outfit are quite bright so I don't realy think that they work together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

I’m loving the clash of opinions from the various locations and climates. So in this spirit, where am I from?

I think this look is standard; I would hesitate to even refer to it as an outfit. I think the reason it looks effortless, is that it IS effortless: this is something she just threw on to go to the beach. Yeh, she’s pretty, and she’s posing like a pin-up and she’s got a nice glow (that can happen at the beach). Where I live, you’ll see many with this “outfit” on the beach today, just as you would’ve last year, and the decade before that.

 

Anonymous suzanne nelson said ... (6:31 AM) : 

I really love this! She is gorgeous and as others have pointed out it all so carefree and 'of the moment', someone you just happened to see in passing. I mean, I can't believe you would have really wanted all the roadworks in the background etc but that's how the picture is. For me, this natural, happenstance approach is what street style photography should be all about, not going all out trying to contrive a Vogue Italia editorail-worthy shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Great to know not everyone thinks the same way. Thats what makes fashion really interesting, isnt it?
When I first said that "ppl dont wear that in Brazil" I didnt mean to go nazy or anythng, its just that as we (at least some ppl) look to paris' girls to go classy and to london's to go cool, I know journalists around the world look to Brazil for beachwear.
Great pic and even greater that she doesnt give a damn abt all this fashion circus, but this look seems inexpressive to me, as a carioca.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Bottom line: She is natural, sexy and confident. The Brazilians are just barking because their summer is over. Sometimes beauty trumps fashion...and is certainly true here. For all you pathetically insecure men out there think about this: is she or is she not extremely sexy and at the same time very approachable. That look is HARD to do for most women.

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (10:03 AM) : 

this outfit looks like whatever to me. nothing special and the bag brings it down another notch.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (10:29 AM) : 

This is the kind of woman I want to meet when I go on vacation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

she is gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I don't know why all of you are so impressed by this style. I saw it quite every day when I've been on holidays. Except for the fact that the European where able to find a matching bag to their clothe. She looks pretty and the colours are "hers" but finally this style is so yesterday...

 

Blogger Dane said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I cant stop laughing at the negative comments about flipflops! I live on a small island, right on the beach and I dont have a pair of closed shoes here.. I leave all my heels/boots whatever in the city where they belong. It pretty funny watching some of the tourists trying to be overly "fashionable" while walking in the sand, in heels, or even wedges.. they suffer all day in then and for what.. its pretty silly. I get that to some people flipflops are a complete no-no.. if you live in Paris maybe, but here in the tropics (and that includes Miami), flipflops are what fashionable people wear when they refuse to be fashion victims!

The lady looks gorgeous, and it isnt about what she is wearing, its about her complete look.. and her confidence. Fabulous abs too. =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Not of fan of this at all. She is beautiful, but the bikini, wrap, and bag would not catch my eye while walking down the street in South Beach. Just a thought, seems a little plain - but maybe that is the joy in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

It's a great look!! But I disagree with some comments about Brazilian's beachwear style!! We use sarongs, tops and shorts with t-shirts! Ok, sarongs and tops are... huuummm... not used in Brazil!! Not very much!

She looks really preety!!!


Hããã... where's the HAVAIANAS??

(:

 

Blogger sophia said ... (6:25 PM) : 

She looks good but there is no style to the photo yes everyone looks like this at the beach but I do want to be their I just dont think this photo is about style it is more about personality.

 

Anonymous Katie said ... (11:23 PM) : 

I've been reading the comments from the folks from Brazil who remark that sarongs and flip flops aren't in fashion any more. Who cares? I think it's a silly and pretentious comment.

First of all, she's not in Brazil. She's in Miami and fashion is very regional, and thankfully, is not completely the same in every corner of the world. What works in Miami vs. Brazil is as different as NYC vs. Queens. What I love about fashion is that is represents people and culture, and our differences. So I say to the girl in the yellow bikini - you keep rocking it and keep representing your personal style. And screw the folks who say you're not exactly du mode.
Katie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

i'd have expected to see the lady in the back ground to be the sartorialist subject, i'm so happy we get to see this janis joplin-esk stunner leap off our screens into a million interpretations

-cj

 

Anonymous ina said ... (1:05 AM) : 

I still don't get what is stylish here... Her outfit is so ordinary...
Except maybe colors... maybe that's the photographer's inspiration?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

This girl is gorgeous and the look is so retro; the hair, the sarong, it's all so effortlessly glam-natural. This is not about whether she is on trend and following the stampeding herd. I love a beautiful sarong; it will never go out of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Sport and gorgeous..

 

Blogger Qaisy Jaslenda said ... (11:24 AM) : 

It's really sad we can never find ladies as hot as her in my country.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I want her number

 

Blogger T said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Nothing special.
Very usual in my country...


Pretty lady.

 

Anonymous Nan said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Her pose makes her look just like one of those sexy vintage hula statuettes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

No. The wrap may be beautiful, but this is a look to be kept on the sand. I'm disappointed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

We see a similar look on every second teenage girl in Australia. Next.........

 

Blogger Passport Stamps said ... (1:56 AM) : 

Work those curves...and the bohemian bag too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

I love how George From W Palm Beach is ALWAYS(!!!) the first one to comment on everything.

 

Blogger Jack O'Sullivan said ... (4:33 AM) : 

I can't wait for summer. And I may force my wife to wear a wrap...I just think they are so sexy!

Jack O'Sullivan
Men's Dress Shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

looks kitschy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Oh honestly... what is this crap about Havaianas, boy have you bought into that hook line and sinker (I shall let you into a secret.. they are actually all.. (don't tell anyone).. just flip flops!)

... Shhhh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

yeah, pretty picture, but also pretty boring

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

well...to be honest,this is not really great or gracefull. If you already visited Algarve, south of Portugal, you found there lots of this "summer style". But, and I have to say it, she look "fresh" and free.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 AM) : 

isn't lame? i mean, if i go to the beach i can see that all over there.

 

Anonymous rüya tabirleri said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Sart, I just can't agree with this look. She IS gorgeous. And looks happy and free. And I like the yellow top.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting