This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Winter's Variation on A Theme, Pitti Uomo

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, February 08, 2009

On the Street....Winter's Variation on A Theme, Pitti Uomo


Comments on "On the Street....Winter's Variation on A Theme, Pitti Uomo"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

love those plaid pants

 

Blogger Scot Meacham Wood said ... (11:30 AM) : 

wow. cool idea and great shots!

big tartan fan . . . clearly . . lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Love those photos. Love the peak at the second look especially. Gloves, jacket, PLAID pants and the white ribbed top peaking through. Wish I had that jacket for banging around.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Love, love, love the wool take on blue jeans in the top photo. The bottom photo with the plaid pants, not so much. They look like jammies. Heck, I take my kid to the bus stop every morning in a down jacket and my pajama pants and nobody takes my picture. Thank God!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

i like these detail shots. i love the textures in the bottom photo. I like the idea of plaid wool and suede together, it could be a bit early 60s preppy but his down jacket makes it modern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I like both of these looks and they walk with confidence.
That grey outfit looks like the jacket and pants are by the same desighner.

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Wow, are those wool pants? I love the IDEA and wish I had a pair down here!

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I love the idea of flannel pants and really like the grey example.

I'm used to seeing plaid pants like this on elderly golfers or collegiate fans. I think they could grow on me... they look cozy.

 

Blogger THE CAT'S MIU said ... (11:57 AM) : 

haha, that's great! I love the flannelly/tweedy look of the parka in the top photo

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Wow, those trousers in the first picture.
Where can I find them????

Excellent detailed shots, Scott!!
You've got a great eye.

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Scott, I really love the way you took these shots. The colors look so vibrant and alive. xo

 

Blogger Carlin said ... (12:18 PM) : 

great photos - love the gloves with the plaids...

 

Blogger Izzy said ... (12:23 PM) : 

It seems that plaid trousers are all the rage in Italy.

 

Blogger soulbitch. said ... (12:25 PM) : 

love the trousers. : ) i want one which looks like this :)

 

Blogger Jenny Cindy said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I love the second look, those plaid pants are awesome!

 

Blogger GlamMan said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Gray on gray with a little red check peeking out. And the caramel gloves... LOVE it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

great pics, i like the mix

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (1:47 PM) : 

amazing trousers (& jacket) in pic#1. mens? we're talking green with envy here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Both are gorgeous and comfortable looking. Textures, plaid, shiny puffer... I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Where can I get that grey flannel puffer? I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

The nylon coats look cheap and I think the pants are too femine. I like the gloves though.

 

Blogger jhuff said ... (4:09 PM) : 

where can i find an affordable version of the top pair of pants? wool jeans? the cut just seems so great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

i wonder where i can get those green plaid pants

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (4:18 PM) : 

I agree the bottom photo looks like PJs. I really like the grey pants (I assume wool?) up top with the red plaid top.

 

Blogger Aussie said ... (4:26 PM) : 

everything in the first photo is wonderful.
-A

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Wonderful pics! Love the gloves and pants in first shot! Love your blog!

 

Blogger Gillian said ... (4:43 PM) : 

i've been trying to find a good pair of leather womens gloves for ages, but my hands are just too damn big. these are awesome, though. love the 2nd guy's pants

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Cool photos/outfits (comfort & warmth...very important)!
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I love the first winter combo; the two tones of gray with the shirt and gloves shot of color is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

DAMN I love your blog!!!

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I love anything that keep me warm while im outside in the cold, those pants seems to be effective, what kind of lining are in the first photo, I know they itch

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (7:22 PM) : 

I love these close ups! A great feature. It must be cold there :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

The second picture with the plaid pants and blue down jacket is really cool!! They compliment each other well along with the brown suede gloves!

The tweed jacket in the first picture is equally great!

Thanks for these!

Hope to see you soon in Helsinki, Sart!!

 

Blogger Dark and Twisty said ... (10:13 PM) : 

Love the tartan with the parka. very modern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Sart, you're a crazy discerning-eyed genius! I'm amazed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

Why do I feel like that first coat is the way expensive Brunello Cucinelli cashmere bubble jacket that I lusted after in Bergdorf ALL last year. I need to graduate college, like now so that I can have such wonderful goodies.

 

Blogger T.Nicole said ... (1:09 AM) : 

great shots!

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (2:39 AM) : 

you have such a good eye

 

Blogger laura said ... (3:11 AM) : 

haha same same but different.

as does everyone else by the looks of things, i love the tartan pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 AM) : 

I like the pyjama bottoms

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

I really love tartan! It makes a little somthing when you have a plain outfit like on the first picture. Nice shots!

 

Blogger interruptedbeauty said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Always take such great photos...

so many followers... so many reasons.

Keep up the good work.

x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 AM) : 

i love the colors and textures i can see in those pictures!!!
firstable because i cannot see their faces!!!
^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

oh im loving thoose trouseurs (pants if your from the US), the material is excellent, very complementary of the jacket.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:07 AM) : 

i have to admit i could easily see myself wearing both looks. i like the grey jacket in the first photo and the plaid trousers in the second photo a whole lot. there's something i really like about tone on tone, plus those are lovely textures for winter; especially with the contrasting shirt peaking out underneath.

i also have to say i like the new photo format (forgive me if the change happened a long time ago - i've been away from my pc actually living life for a change) it gives me something extra to look forward to while i catch up on all the posts i've missed.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (7:48 AM) : 

love this diptych : ) ... both are great, but i'm kinda loving the blue in the second image. cheers!

 

Blogger Anika said ... (8:33 AM) : 

You've got to love the plaid pants. I'd totally wear them (notwithstanding that they look like pyjama pants :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I love both of these looks. Each is special in its similarity. The grey flannel down with the plaid peeking out is just perfect with the wool jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I just Love the way that the Sartorialist's lens express the spirit of fashion in a new aspect each now and then; after expressing the Egocentricity , self esteem, silhouettes, Masses , volumes , colors and motion. it takes a closer look at textures and mixed materials in a way that's not less dynamic than any other previous photo.

simply, this is Fashion..wow

M.Fvad

 

Blogger hc said ... (2:23 PM) : 

pajama pants + loafers to walk the dog/or brunch with anonymous lay on 9th ave = leisurely sunday afternoons

 

Blogger wilsonreps said ... (7:34 PM) : 

the jacket in the top picture is fresh. moncler right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

absolutely love these pants... they're great

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting