This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Wing Collar, Pitti Uomo

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 06, 2009

On the Street....Wing Collar, Pitti Uomo

Comments on "On the Street....Wing Collar, Pitti Uomo"

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:51 AM) : 

love the jacket, and the baggy pant is very interesting. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to rock em. But he's doing a good job of it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Thoroughly modern & sexy shogan. This guy's a sartorial ace! Angela in Victoria, BC

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Bad to the bone.

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Love the wing tip formalism on top and I want to like the giant stove pipes...they always come back when you least expect it. I remember wearing them in the early nineties but at that time everything had a faded dungaree quality...these new ones are that great dark denim, I'm intrigued.

 

Blogger Fly Girl said ... (11:11 AM) : 

His clothes drape beautifully on him. Total elegance and style.

 

Blogger Kay said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I have never seen that collar worn in that way, I love it when people mix it up like this.
His expression makes this photo

http://thestitched.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger kittenmasks said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I love, love, love his wide leg pants. They look great with his fitted vest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Fab!
The huge pants on this guy and the Russian the other day are a look into the future. And definitely
in step with the Depression Style that we'll all be rocking in a matter of minutes.Navy sneakers, excellent.

 

Blogger soulbitch. said ... (11:20 AM) : 

triangular watch. really exciting. and actually the jacket is really cool.

 

Blogger makescoffeenervous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

he looks like he's going to whip out a sword any moment! scary but way cool!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Great look except for the baggy pants. If his pants were fitted he would have aced a overall great look.

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:28 AM) : 

WOW, this man has serious "presence". I LOVE him!

 

Blogger THE CAT'S MIU said ... (11:31 AM) : 

this is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

He looks great. It's quite a put together look but it doesn't look forced or as if he's trying to hard. Maybe that's because it is a true sartorial expression of his character, which, for me is an important component of good style. Even his sneakers are navy blue - wow!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Oh wow. He cuts quite the dashing figure. And the baggy jeans. Wow. I love it. The watch looks interesting too.

 

Blogger  said ... (11:51 AM) : 

wow...wow...Love the photo, the style and surtout mucho el pantalon qui tue ! I want to try the same !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Great look - I love the fitted top half-baggy lower half look on both men and women if you have the figure for it. That late 80's-early 90's Gigli silhouette still works for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I love the photos you take.
Someday, maybe, will you visit brazilian fashion streets?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I love that jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

He makes me remebember of YSL's campaing in the 70's ...

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Oh, lovely! The wing collar and v-neck of his white shirt under vest play up his angular features and hair line. Then the looser fit and denim of the pants contrast with the formal on top. I like this guy!

 

Blogger Sentir said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Good jacket, good vest, good shirt. Baggy pants: non, non non!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Wing collar is great; really wish this would come back.

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (12:50 PM) : 

The oversized pants look nominally better on this chap than they did on the guy a day or so ago, but what's going on with all the fabric?? He's got great accessories.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I think flared jeans are making a come back....

I like his outfit. Would love to have a close up of his watch. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

breathtaking.

i miss my wide legged skater pants from the 90's.

 

Blogger betajaxo said ... (1:07 PM) : 

He looks great. Must admit that I do not like the look of phat pants. I have been liking the fuller cuts that people are wearing lately but these are too much full, not enough fit. Maybe they're a challenge for me and will grow on me in time.

 

Blogger Ellie Lee said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Hey Scott(:
I love your blog; and those people whom you take; they are so much of an inspiration!

I'm currently taking tons of street snapshots and your blog never fails to inspire and makes me aspire, to be the young (female; amateur) Scott Schuman in Singapore!

Peace and Love,
Pen

 

Blogger thebelljarbird said ... (1:22 PM) : 

gorgeous

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:25 PM) : 

A great way to mix the elegant and the casual (even if I'm not a fan of the pants).

This man is beautiful....

I absolutely love the top half.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I love wide leg pants and for the vintage Hamilton Ventura watch he gets an extra bonus !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

And more baggy denim......Hmmm...trend alert yet?! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I am the king I am, the king I am I am I am...

But seriously, I like this silhouette with the close fitting top and the lower half oversized and loose. This would work well on a woman. I'd girly-up the white shirt with lace or ruffles and have the denim more fitted in the hips. My shoes would be sky high heels and my hair would be long, free and impecably trimmed.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Where do you get these gems? I love him! The brick background, genius.

Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I'm going to have to get used to the baggy denim, but overall I love his look. Some kind of prim, badass, worker magic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

I just can't enjoy these jeans. I'm not sure if it's just me , but I find they look like maternity clothing.

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (4:09 PM) : 

i like his style. the top half looks formal, the bottom is very sk8eresque. i also wouldn't mind getting a puff of what he's smokin'...

 

Blogger nanashi said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I love every single thing about him! I guess the whole outfit works because he is very tall and he kept his hair tightly tied. Another great way of interpreting denim.

 

Blogger jd said ... (6:02 PM) : 

interesting. at first glance the baggy jeans turned me off and i'm still not sure. but with the rest of the outfit, they're almost like an homage to traditional japanese hakama.

 

Blogger What Not & I said ... (6:11 PM) : 

The wide-leg pants are beautiful - reminding me a little of the womens louis vuitton rtw spring collection!

http://whatnotandi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger drollgirl said ... (7:55 PM) : 

oh that man is ready for KUNG FU HUSTLE. (it is an excellent movie if you haven't seen it).

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I love that jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

A view from the past the formality of the the to and the oxford bags resession dressing for the 21st century

 

Blogger The Curry Collective said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Where is his left foot?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

have we seen him before? i think so, but am not sure. either way, he looks incredible. thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:40 PM) : 

This immediately made me think of a Gary Larson cartoon- "Nature's way of saying 'do not touch'".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

so distinguished and exquisite - the second or third post's comment "modern & sexy shogun" really hit on it. nothing new to contribute to the conversation, but i love this shot too much to not say so.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Like a bad guy from a 40s movie. Really unique. I like it.

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (11:00 PM) : 

What I loved about what we called baggies in the 70s was the bulk of the pant paired with a clunky shoe. The new baggy look I like, but not with low profile shoes.

I still prefer large shoes.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Amazing, gorgeous photo.
And a look I saw last September in Tokyo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

O U I !

This is the best outfit on Sartorialist in 2009 so far.

Encore!

- FM

 

Blogger mchl said ... (12:47 AM) : 

those jeans are pretty sick!

-michael

 

Blogger Laura said ... (2:55 AM) : 

Interesting! But that glare- I feel like he wants to hurt me.

 

Blogger ERman said ... (4:14 AM) : 

Oh my lord. That is a BIG BIG pants.
*chuckle. Wing collar?? I am definitely the fan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

I adore him so much, I can't think of one thing to say about this photo.

Other than this is probably my favourite Satorialist photo ever.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:35 AM) : 

unlike the last pair of big jeans these really work with the whole outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

denim is great! and the serious of the jacket is amazing, i love his style.

 

Blogger Urbane Legend said ... (6:11 AM) : 

He needs a tie. And it's not "wingtip", people, that's a kind of shoe. it's "wing".

 

Blogger JP said ... (7:02 AM) : 

Wow- The LastEmperor meets Girbaud!

Very very cool

 

Blogger David said ... (8:07 AM) : 

His foot's fallen off!

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (8:40 AM) : 

I love it. He wears this so naturally.It'very elegant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

His outfit would look much better if his shirt was a bit longer (long for it to cover his zipper or around that area). His lower midsection is a bit off-putting and so by doing this, it would slenderize his outfit a bit.

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (9:11 AM) : 

ferocious. love it

 

Blogger David said ... (9:26 AM) : 

His foot's fallen off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

The dark, draped denim balances the more formal top perfectly. A bit Yohji, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

I like his style!

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I like the look but... the proportions of the fitted upper body and the very wide denims are calling to mind Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp. I would need to see this look in motion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

I love this whole look, that guy looks so angry and those big pants-wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Master class! This is how wide leg should be done, in contrast the the gentleman below in McQueen's scarf. Very unique and badass.

 

Blogger Across the Pond said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Do love the wing collar. And the watch! But I have to say, the last wide-legged denim man was far more successful with the overall silhouette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

His top half (including hair and facial expression)looks like a 19th century Japanese official, but from the waist down, the look definitely takes getting used to.

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Did we see this gentleman working in a cobbler's shop in a November 2007 photo on The Sartorialist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

lately I've been skipping over the male photos on this site,(not because of quality may I add, just lack of interest on my part) but THIS..he is exceptional, the baggies are perfect and essential to the look. Where can I get those cheek bones?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

He's handsome and seems to have a good deal of presence. Interesting combo. Love the vintage formal. He's rockin' those pants but I'm still on the fence about all that bigness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Very sharp. That watch is amazing! The face of the shape is really interesting but the (navy?) face without numbers makes it look more elegant and less like a costume piece. Anyone know who makes it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

i agree with above andrea, need to see it in motion..but what really got me is his face. does he deserve a role in a movie or what?!?

 

Blogger Stevie G said ... (2:09 AM) : 

Does anyone know where I can get. Men's Wide Leg Jeans. I love em. Used to own so many pairs, years ago. This def makes me wish I still had them.

 

Blogger Anya said ... (2:25 AM) : 

I'm just thinking...may be if he's trying to hide his small leg by putting the baggy pants? Um..but its a lil too baggy..Otherwise everything is just awesome. He looks like he knows he's "awesome".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

The look
and the details, cigarette, ring, watch, pins, are incredible!

Katerina

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Shirt, waistcoat, jacket watch are all nice. The jeans I don't like at all. Don't mind a baggy jean, but these are just bags. Waist is too high, fabric is too uniform. I think baggy jeans with this outfit could be interesting, but this isn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

real bad ass

 

Blogger eloise in berlin said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Stunning! Doing it for me on all levels - colour, shape, style, jewellery, elegance personified!

 

Blogger hc said ... (1:44 PM) : 

who said provincial wasn't progressive?

 

Blogger Sho said ... (9:21 PM) : 

WOW he is fricken AWESOME!

I love him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Looks very Yohji. Definitely sharp, elegant. Eclectic yet so coherent.
I love the picture, the details, the eyes, the posture, he looks like he's from another world.

 

Blogger Mz. Paulzen said ... (1:57 PM) : 

David- LOL, that's hilarious!

La Sartorialista- hilarious and accurate. Totally Depression style!

Andrea's commment about Chaplin's Little Tramp really nailed it on the head.

Still a very cool look. Intimidating for sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I think he's wearing Feiyue sneakers

 

Blogger Udo Umami said ... (9:22 AM) : 

whoa! this güy is FIERCE!!! hottieeeee. meow. <3 Üdo

 

Blogger the Jassdancer said ... (10:54 PM) : 

It's nice to see the Baggy look coming back. The combination of Jacket,Vest,pants and shoes is simple but still creates enough tension to have something special.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting