This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....The Green Hornet, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, February 05, 2009

On the Street....The Green Hornet, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....The Green Hornet, Paris"

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I love this. Kind of retro, yet bohemian. I find the blues and purple to be an interesting complimentary mix with green as a neutral.

~ stylethread.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Congratulations! This is art, style, fashion, and perfect purple. This is so this season.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Wow! Interessante!

 

Blogger Mattis said ... (9:50 AM) : 

What a beard!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:52 AM) : 

very dapper. love the pocket square, and the way his jacket looks so casual with the one button closure. Great glasses too.

 

Blogger ryder said ... (9:55 AM) : 

the saturation of color is amazing in this photo. what a classy shade of green!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

This guy is incredible! Like some kind of crazy Willy Wonka

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:57 AM) : 

I like it. I don't see many hunter green jackets like that around. Nice pocket square too.

I also like the hat (or maybe the hat isn't a bit deal but he wears it well), although you can only see part of it.

I have struggled to find a hat for myself that is nicer than a baseball hat but isn't part of a distinctive "look." If I wore a fedora, it would attract a lot of attention, which is not my goal. I am just after a nice hat. It is not easy.

He seems amused to be photographed and is a good sport about it.

I could swear that this guy's twin brother works at Blackbird in Seattle.

D

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I like it. I don't see many hunter green jackets like that around. Nice pocket square too.

I also like the hat (or maybe the hat isn't a bit deal but he wears it well), although you can only see part of it.

I have struggled to find a hat for myself that is nicer than a baseball hat but isn't part of a distinctive "look." If I wore a fedora, it would attract a lot of attention, which is not my goal. I am just after a nice hat. It is not easy.

He seems amused to be photographed and is a good sport about it.

I could swear that this guy's twin brother works at Blackbird in Seattle.

D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I like the glasses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

he looks a storybook character! its so endearing :) like a whimsical professor.

 

Blogger Relucent Reader said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Wow, it all works, right down to the beard. A break in the bicycling party? The chain at the top of the tie is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I love everything about this man!!! His pocket square brightened my morning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

You've mentioned before that you enjoy coming up with great titles for your posts. "The Green Hornet" certainly ranks among them. Also love his mustache, tie, and pocket square.

 

Blogger Zh. said ... (10:19 AM) : 

so cuuuuuute!
the smile gives a very fresh look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Cheers for young men with neatly trimmed facial hair! It seems that few today appreciate the gravitas of a well-groomed beard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

That hunter green is mean:)
If you know what I mean
Anyways, what kind of material is that?
He has that go green look and I like it

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Now HE looks British.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Wow is he Irish?!

 

Blogger Ichiki said ... (10:28 AM) : 

whole package.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:29 AM) : 

one word :
WOW !

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (10:32 AM) : 

trés trés kool!

 

Blogger edmund said ... (10:34 AM) : 

great color combination, not so great facial hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

this man is awesome.

purple tie. and red beard.

 

Blogger amber said ... (10:37 AM) : 

he looks so quirky and happy.

 

Blogger Paul Baxendale said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Kudos to this fine gent for his elegant style and the finely groomed facial hair-- such full and well sculpted handlebars do not appear overnight! Bravo! (and I love that you photographed him against that burgundy wall... a perfect complement to the emerald jacket!)

 

Blogger Laura said ... (10:49 AM) : 

He look so whimsical! This photo has put me in the best mood...

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Very "Rushmore" but with a big 'stache! Love his big glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

I love, love people that dress almost as if they are in costume.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Where did the champagne glass come from??

But this guy loves his detail. If i had time i would put this much thought into an outfit

devine

 

Blogger Urbane Legend said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Perfect because of: beard, grin, tie, glasses, pocket square, woolly hat.

 

Blogger Lindalov said ... (11:44 AM) : 

It's always a pleasure to watch your pics and your models. i love him!

 

Blogger soulbitch. said ... (11:47 AM) : 

An absolutely bohemian man, i like him. Anyway i want his glasses.

 

Blogger .......... said ... (11:51 AM) : 

what a palette! and the layering... love!

 

Blogger Rita said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I loooove what he is wearing, those colors!!!

 

Blogger its for your own good said ... (11:56 AM) : 

honestly, if i saw this man on the street, i would do a double take, and then laugh. this looks like he has tried way too hard.
he does however look like he is having much more fun than the rest of us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

wonderful. From the semi-rimmed glasses, to the beard, to the layering. It is perfect.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I love everything about this photo. Obviously, his moustache, glasses, jacket are extremely charming, but I love the colour radiating from inside the house (it must be a kitchen?), and how he is inexplicably holding a champagne flute!

Wonderful!

 

Blogger roberta jane said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Wow, his look is amazing... all the way down to his slightly askew beanie!

 

Blogger Kwana said ... (12:09 PM) : 

This man makes my day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

oh...how i love it...in the evening.... i am amazed by that green.look at the detail coming out of his tie: a bigger picture of that pleasee.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

He's a 'stashtorialist extraordinaire!

 

Blogger pigeon.toed said ... (12:39 PM) : 

i love his whole enesemble!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

To me this is too much. Too much effort, too distorted.

 

Blogger American Otaku (E is my SL) said ... (12:46 PM) : 

his pocket square.... it both disrupts from the whole look while simultaneously "blessing" it!
i like how the champagne flute and his beanie contrast and confuse...in a good way!

 

Blogger Ellen L. said ... (12:53 PM) : 

My ideal man! Style-wise anyhow...trop trop bien!

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I have to agree with David below that the hunter green is off-putting. Like the layers and the beard, though.

thebluekimono.blogspot.com

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:04 PM) : 

He reminds me a lot of the guys at my husband's private-school reunions, maybe it's the glass.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Sigh... I wish I could grow facial hair (22 and I still get peach fuzz). Love the jacket and the colors work perfectly.

P.s. What's around his neck?

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (1:09 PM) : 

sorry, misread what David said below; I think he likes the hunter green.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I always thought people in Paris walk around drinking champagne all day...now I have proof!

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Oh man, he's got a great look!

And look how happy he is...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the outfit or all of it is thrift store finds.

Style knows no boundries.....

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Dapper!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

He is absolutely loving life! The suit is fantastic. The green alone is playful, but this gentleman added hints of fun with the tie and pocket square. Nice glasses. Love.

 

Blogger Kay said ... (2:25 PM) : 

This has to be one of my favourite photographs yet!
It's just fantastic, his hat isn't expected with that jacket but the little details like the polka dot handkerchief and the necklace (don't even get me started on the moustache) show you he's just someone who is completely comfortable with his own style!
Beautiful colours as well.

http://thestitched.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Very reactionary. Is this young chap by any chance an Irish revolutionary? Speaking of green, is he drinking Absinthe? This is Paris after all, so I would expect 'Amour, Absinthe, Révolution' to prevail.

 

Blogger Caitlin said ... (2:56 PM) : 

So, I think I've decided I'd like to marry him. What an outfit. And I like how the toque automatically makes the whole thing more casual.

 

Blogger rachel rianne said ... (2:56 PM) : 

a throwback to the bohemian and vintage, but so cleanly! i'm very impressed. wish i knew him. love his tie accessory.

 

Blogger Alyson Redding said ... (3:08 PM) : 

eeep this makes me so happy!

 

Blogger Paloma V. said ... (3:39 PM) : 

he makes me happy...

 

Blogger B. FLY AND THE CITY said ... (3:45 PM) : 

HE SHOULDN'T DO THIS TO HIMSELF; THE BEARD CAN WAIT. HE SHOULD BE YOUTHFUL AND ENJOY HIS 20'S 0R 30'S (HOWEVER OLD HE IS, I'M SURE IT'S NO MORE THAN EARLY 30'S) HE CAN HAVE THIS BEARD WHEN HE'S 50. YOUTH FADES.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

This guy is pure comfort food! Please give him my digits....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

the wall is almost an accessory...or at least a great backdrop. his 'environment'

 

Blogger cuteseas said ... (4:05 PM) : 

love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

You can´t miss that detail over his tie. That gives away the time put into the outfit.
Love the spirit of this photograph!!!

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (4:39 PM) : 

nice photo but not into the green suits

 

Blogger Mohammad said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Seems a little goofy style to me. I think I like everything separately but definitely not this combination.

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Unique!Everything from his glasses till the pocket square!
This kind of person making your blog cool!

 

Blogger jewlover2 said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Without the fluted glass, this photo would lose so much. heh heh.

 

Blogger Ayana Campbell said ... (5:17 PM) : 

I love this shade of green

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Love the strong jewel colour of the blazor!
Striking look.

Great Find!
Fashbashsoundclash X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I love everything about this picture...Seems like a funny man with a great eye for fashion!

http://myillustratedfashiondiary.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Are we still on trends? - like facial hair?? i think i'm going to be the lone dissenter here and say NO! it's hideous, for one thing he looks far too young to sport a handlebar moustache and underneath all that fetter he has a perfectly lovely smile - why hide it? While i love his tie's shade of purple any combination of purple and green makes me think of Wimbledon tennis ballboys.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (5:36 PM) : 

dirty!

in the best sense of the word.

 

Blogger LEAH said ... (5:44 PM) : 

i want to share a glass of whiskey with this man

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:48 PM) : 

This is fantastic.

But I bet he's still in his twenties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

This guys looks like he spent the afternoon drinking champagne and playing Dungeons and Dragons with the gang from his software development group.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

HA! is all I have to say. and that his look is very comical and he looks like he's doing it on purpose. and I like him.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (6:01 PM) : 

Now those are some mad grooming skilz!

I would have expected a bow tie.

At which point I'd never play poker with him.

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (6:05 PM) : 

he looks great! i absolutely love him. the color combination is excellent. the glass and the hat are fantastic touches to an already perfect look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

The colour in this image is superb

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

word.

 

Blogger N/A said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Give him my number, please.

 

Blogger megan said ... (6:50 PM) : 

I'm not the commenting type, but I just have to say, I love him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Almost entirely marvellous...I respect the facial hair but I don't like it, so unsexy. The rest is wonderful. Where does one buy beautiful champagne glasses like that? I'd think he was at an art opening but I never attended one with glassware that nice.

 

Blogger tanya said ... (7:31 PM) : 

his facial hair!
wow!

 

Blogger Damian said ... (7:53 PM) : 

iiiiiiiii love him, love everything about this guy, awesome style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

love the outfit its fab!

from Shok @
http://www.HeLLoooOOO.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

I have a crush on you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Excellent!

 

Blogger Yours truly said ... (9:55 PM) : 

dude, that glass is brilliant! haha. you've got some great stuff here, sir. kudos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 PM) : 

I haven't read through the comments but if anyone hasn't said already:

His lovely self and the beautiful red-haired girl with the green velvet blazer should procreate ASAP! They would look amazing in a photo together with the outfits they're wearing. Beautiful colours, I love this.

 

Blogger Sahrex said ... (9:59 PM) : 

i think beard and jacket colors are very good match.
the jacket image is neat but his whole image is cute and mischivous.

 

Blogger Jennifer Cowgill said ... (10:07 PM) : 

I love the blue and yellow scarf. Perfect with the jacket. The jacket looks like wool to me.

 

Blogger deanna said ... (11:24 PM) : 

this guy is like a drawing come to life! fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Outfit looks great. That is one hell of a beard!

 

Blogger V said ... (11:29 PM) : 

racing green! love his outfit! love the 'tache! :D

 

Blogger Mad3lyn said ... (11:30 PM) : 

OH. MY. GOSH. I would marry this man.

 

Blogger alison said ... (11:58 PM) : 

I love everything about this outfit! And I especially love his facial hair!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:24 AM) : 

that beard ( and pocket square ) is absolutely fantastic.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (12:29 AM) : 

This scares me a tiny bit.
But then again, all arresting images lean a bit toward the eccentric.
Now if only he had a twin......then we're in the Diane Arbus zone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Wow! Jealous of the beard... and everything else.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (3:21 AM) : 

I suppose I should comment on his clothing choice,
but I'm too distracted by that moustache and beard. Sorry.

 

Blogger Sidney Son said ... (3:26 AM) : 

he should be my boyfriend!

 

Blogger Alexander said ... (4:03 AM) : 

I like his hole ensemble. But what is the best: Where did you find the wall behind him?

Thanks for this amacing shot and the all-day-inspiration you are giving!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

in The Bay Area, so many take a run at this look but very few succeed. This young man has not made a mockery out of himself in fact, he has shown himself to be a man of style and taste not another slap and dash trend following. He looks like he's having fun whatever event he's at which makes most everyone look foxy.

bravo!

'stina

 

Blogger STUDIOPHOTO1 said ... (5:51 AM) : 

very "danny boy".......... hometown colors, and good frame with this brick wall just behind..
Li like the knitted hat and the easy and "non-chalant" way he is holding the glass. Very classy!

a toast for londonderry !

philippe

http://www.studiophoto1.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

I like so much this green color!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

on the street with a glass of champagne?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:02 AM) : 

After Lanvin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

I'm actually looking for a women's duffle coat (made for harsh winter weather) in this exact color. Any ideas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

So fantatsic! He makes me smile!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

I could well be in love with this man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Such super-saturated color. His hat looks like a blur or halo. Iconic?!

 

Blogger M said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Colour, structure, textile... overwhelmed with personality.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (9:12 AM) : 

i love his print silk pocket square! i think women should start accessorizing their blazer pockets too. why let guys have all the fun??

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (9:13 AM) : 

I seem to be one of the few here who don't admire the beard & curled mustache. (This look reminds me of things that make me cringe & fill me with a certain sadness--namely, older bachelors & yacht captains where I live who purposely let themselves go, their hair & mustaches growing long & wiry...)
However, I really do like his clothing; it's so creative/artistic/poetic & he looks beautiful in that green.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

He has the most funny but adorable beard I have ever seen. The green jacket is absolutely a classic retro type but with the other tings it makes a bit of bohemian look. I like the bohemian retro style, It's so, so..comfortable and different. Love the details, as his purple tie and the yellow and blue scarf in the top pocket. His glasses are grandfather cool and the hat is the topping on the fashionable cake! If I were a guy, I would have his style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Beautiful shot, great colors, love his style, and his joie de vivre is infectious.

 

Blogger About Me said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I want that green blazer.

 

Blogger Meredith said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Now that is a coat worth talking about!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I met this guy last week in the subway in Paris and I was SURE the sartorialist would have liked his look. This photo is the proof !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

First off, I am really curious to see the rest of his tie. Second, I noticed a few comments saying it looks like too much effort, trying too hard. I can see that may be true of his beard and mustache, but the overall outfit is fairly classic. Third, I've never met a D&D player or software developer who dresses anywhere near this caliber.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (3:02 PM) : 

I wish I had the guts to grow that kind of facial hair.

 

Blogger the_eye_collector said ... (3:07 PM) : 

I love decent facial hair. Love. It. Beard-rash is totally worth it when your other half looks this good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

and they say leprechauns aren't real...
nonsense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

the beard makes it. absolutely.

thank you for reinforcing my new-found infatuation with great facial hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Ha, this is a great frind of mine, we attended the same school in London. He has always been ahead of the fashion industry! Our generation is the most creative at present. He works for Lanvin and has a great eye for detail.

Enough said, yes he is British!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 PM) : 

pennyfarthing for your thoughts?

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (9:12 AM) : 

my favorite sart photo of all time, and i've been reading for quite a while. he is magnificent, and WOWZA do i love that saturated color.

 

Blogger EVA said ... (12:42 PM) : 

oh, I love EVERYTHING about this!
From the emerald blazer to the purple brick to the beard.

 

Blogger Gillian said ... (2:43 PM) : 

i REALLY want to be his friend.

 

Blogger L. Shepherd said ... (2:17 AM) : 

I LOVE this guy. Everything about him is just fabulous. I love the geeky glasses, the weird beard and the classic outfit. He strikes me as British for some reason.

 

Blogger Anya said ... (2:52 AM) : 

He's funny..

 

Blogger Casou said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I love that look, Speechless

 

Blogger zincink said ... (3:05 PM) : 

This is all kinds of greatness..everything just so.. :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

is he a british actor? He looks like a guy i've seen in a few things but without the beard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

This is my favorite picture on this site.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (9:02 PM) : 

The gray cap throws the rich symmetry off. Intentionally? Too bad. I get that the entire presentation needs some deflection. I don't know what, but I'm sure there's something better...

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I desperately want to meet this guy. love him.

 

Blogger Ashley Smashly said ... (6:35 PM) : 

is he single? if so, get his details for me...wow!

 

Blogger WOLF Q said ... (3:26 AM) : 

he looks like an excellent drinking buddy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

what a wonderfully happy and stylish man

 

Blogger Cameron Adams said ... (6:31 AM) : 

an Englishman abroad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 AM) : 

I've been looking for glasses just like these. I don't know how to search for them not knowing what they are called or the brand. Could someone be of some assistance, please?

Besides all of that, he's the only person you've photographed that I'd really love to meet. So charming! Reminds me of all of my favourite friends put together.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (9:01 PM) : 

He's fantastic.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (9:02 PM) : 

He's fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

amazing pic

 

Blogger fshnvctm said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I love the rich color of his blazer, reminds me of the old German wool hats my Dad use to wear.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting