This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Sartorialist Mix, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On the Street....Sartorialist Mix, Paris


I love this mix of old-school Italian (pants and shoes) and a Number 9 coat. To me this conceptually is such a cool mix. Imagine Dries with Kiton, Jil paired with Boglioli, or Lanvin and Borrelli.

Comments on "On the Street....Sartorialist Mix, Paris"

 

Blogger hc said ... (9:59 AM) : 

perfect pant width to contrast the draping, eccentric, yet beautifully muted coat

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Good look,i feel style from this person,who doesnt scared to mix clothes.I agree with you about his pants and shoes,and plaid coat.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I love the coat! Nice pant length too.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (10:32 AM) : 

ah, the ubiquituous brown suede shoe. after reading your opinion that a brown suede oxford is a must have, I convinced my husband to purchase brown suede boots just like this.

I love the plaid, and how the cut, fit, accessories, and colors give him edge in what could be considered otherwise old-school.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I want his pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

love the patterns and colors.. but doesnt the jacket seem like a very feminine cut? It almost seems like it is a womens coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

What is a "Number 9 coat"?

 

Blogger Style Salvage Steve said ... (12:39 PM) : 

So nice to see some colour this season! The only facet I'd personally change would be the scarf.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I think I had a coat like this in the sixth grade. And I'm a girl.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I'm beginning to like these pants more and more !
Great combo with the coat !
Very chique !

 

Blogger Ichiki said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I totally agree with you.
Fray & Supreme.
Tenderloin & Barbera.
Libertine & Berluti.
like this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

That coat is epic. The colors are amazing! I can't stand it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Number (N)ine is a clothing company from Japan. I've seen that coat up close (work in retail) and I must say that it looks 100 times better on him than anyone else I've seen with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Number (N)ine is perfect - every detail, every occasion. I am salivating while I type.

 

Blogger thestyleadvisor said ... (1:17 AM) : 

I like the fabric of the coat, but the fit could use some tweaking. The belted torso comes off as bit feminine in this case. Suede shoes look great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

He looks excellent.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (8:48 AM) : 

it looks like a 1970s women's coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

What exactly is wrong with looking feminine? I think the the shape of the coat is what makes this outfit so impressive.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting