This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Grandpa's Coat, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 06, 2009

On the Street....Grandpa's Coat, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Grandpa's Coat, Paris"

 

Blogger gilty pleasure said ... (10:19 AM) : 

love that balenciaga bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Great coat, perfectly accessorized with attention to detail and a sense of humor. I like that her hairstyle is in keeping with the overall image, too.

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I like everything beside her sneakers,because they are standed out against a background of her grey balenciaga,coat and grey scarf, which are really like.

 

Blogger oussa said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Wow, that is just amazing. Definitely love the coat and and the bag just belongs next to it. And the sneakers <3

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (11:25 AM) : 

The coat and bag are great! I hope she's just returning from the gym because sweatpants don't belong in public and can never be a fashion statement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I thought Parisians didn't wear sneakers? Does this mean it's okay with the fashion police now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

love the color combo of teal, green, and gray, but pull those socks up and put on some boots!

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I agree with Julicious. As I tabbed down to see the entire pic, I loved it until I got to the sneaks. It would all work better for me if she wore darker shoes. I think the balance is off with the white.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

@Julicious
The sneakers complement the outfit. They look a bit retro. They are also very clean, which means she tries to act like she doesn't care what she wears (she just puts on whatever she finds on her way to the living room), but truly she calculates every little detail.

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (12:52 PM) : 

oh i crave the balenciaga bag!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:52 PM) : 

cute girl. what is she holding in her hands?

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (1:09 PM) : 

i love the color palette and the balenciaga bag...but that's about it. she definitely needs to get rid of those high-tops!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I guess this pretty girl just came from the gym. I HOPE she just came from the gym. Or maybe she's got a lot of walking to do today and her "real shoes" or boots are in her bag.

From the knee up it's fine - that pricey bag with grandpa's coat work okay (although I'm not a big fan of keeping the long, removable shoulder strap on when you're using the hand straps. It just hangs there flaccidly looking like it needs a job).

Sometimes you've got to sacrifice style for practicality but I really can't figure out why she would wear those shoes and socks when there are plenty of great sneakers out there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

This is how I look going to and from Pilates every morning, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

First impression - "gosh! Hate the shoes! " but actualy now i see it's not sneakers that doesn't match. I can only guess she has some member card in her bag and is about to just hit the gym!

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I love the palette of the photograph, the strong green background and the green in the coat - am not loving the shoes but each to their own

 

Blogger Ditte said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Love thise picture :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Nice from the knees up.

 

Blogger Filipe said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Does not look intended. The jacket saves (covers?) the gym outfit.
Love the balenciaga bag, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Surprisingly, I do not mind the shoes. I think I actually (gasp!) like them? Possibly. What really bothers me is the dark grey socks. They are just oh so wrong. The look minus the socks is interesting and pretty fab. Love, love, love the bag!

 

Blogger Krysta Marie said ... (3:30 PM) : 

im craving this scarf and the green paid coat is amazing. im wondering - vintage?

i love the mix of the balenciaga bag & 80's style sneakers.

;]

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Delicious coat. Wish I could say the same about the leggings and big white sneakers, but I can't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

She had me til the sneakers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

She has got a sense of humor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

The coat is fabulous! the leggings and sneakers ruin it for me but maybe i'm getting old and stuffy? Passionate about that coat though. i have a real thing for men's tailoring from the 20s and 30s at the moment.

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Gorgeous palette, including the pleasing background. However, there is nothing special about the shoes & leggings with that wonderful coat. I agree with Anonymous; it's nice from the knees up.
The photo itself is lovely. As always.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:46 PM) : 

She truly makes it work! Love the layering (and not just the clothes, but the colours, in keeping with the palette), and that B bag! Gorgeous!
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Great coat and bag, but I hate the sneakers and leggings and scarf.. I can't tell wether she's going to the gym or somewhere else..

 

Blogger drollgirl said ... (7:56 PM) : 

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 3/4 of it is good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

i lovee this because it seems so...her.
I think that's what style is- to know who you are and be able to express it through your clothes,your jewelry whatever.

FABULOUS!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 PM) : 

Amazing colors (I've never wanted this balenciaga bag so bad). I'm left uninspired by the silhouette... those shoes are heinous...sorry...it's simply criminal.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Lovely bag indeed!

 

Blogger La Victorienne said ... (7:24 AM) : 

Parisians or French people do wear sneakers or jeans but usually they don't walk around with those for sport. Actually, I don't like those sneakers (to white for me) but it puts a little humour in the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Absolutely adore that coat. It's awesome and looks comfortable.

 

Blogger Kamilla said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Wow, what a great outfit! "Sportshoes" combined with socks, tights and a baggy coat, perfect!

 

Blogger Literary Wino said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Totally agree with Monique. I don't see much of a sense of style, but happy chance that the color palate falls in line.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Not digging the shoes, makes her whole ensemble very bag-lady like, and I'm not talking about the kind a-la-olsens

 

Blogger What Not & I said ... (12:57 AM) : 

oh grey tights! love

 

Blogger Anya said ... (2:29 AM) : 

Okay...am just trying to ignore the shoe and concentrate of the lovely balenciaga..

 

Blogger Eryl Shields said ... (8:35 AM) : 

She looks like a person who is living a life, stylishly.

 

Blogger Leoona said ... (10:34 AM) : 

That Balenciaga is my new must have!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

I can't help but think that if I saw this girl walking down the street (and without the bag) that I would think she just looks ridiculous.
But seeing her on the Sartorialist makes me think this outfit is fabbb.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I love the coat *and the sneakers*.
She has style, and looks like she doesn't give a sh*t.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

She looks so New York, just like the women live on 5ave and put on sth when she walks her dogs.

 

Blogger classy lady said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I love the look it is grungy, but she can pull it off great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 AM) : 

balenciaga bag is always fantastic

 

Blogger Apt. #34 said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I'm going on a bag hunt now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Even though balenciaga bags have been done to death, I'm still in love!





www.chicbystyle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jessica Claire said ... (2:41 PM) : 

love the balenc!

I will always covet them

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting