This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Do I See A Trend?

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

On the Street....Do I See A Trend?


Comments on "On the Street....Do I See A Trend?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Love the bottom guy! that jacket could be hard to pull off but he works it well. i like the way he's holding a sandwich and not a cellphone... For me, the top man's jeans aren't great with the jacket but i love the colour, his pocket square and the way he's wearing his scarf. i bet he has some nice things in his wardrobe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Hmmmmm, sandwich...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

if you mean the blue sports jacket!! hell yeah... i love that color.
but i guess you actually mean the beards, and those look great on these two gentlemen...but you have to be a certain type of man to pull that off.
i couldnt to it

eric

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (10:30 AM) : 

A trend for men, perhaps, but women have been wearing this look for several years globally. I became attached to my pashminas as scarves (for indoor wear/layering) after a trip to Prague 5 years ago. I prefer to loop my scarf through itsself though, vs. a traditional tie in the front. I am totally not digging the tag on #2's scarf - cut it off!

~stylethread.com

 

Blogger so said ... (10:38 AM) : 

love men in scarves!

...but there's that damn tag again! (pet peeve)

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:38 AM) : 

That blue coat is AMAZING! What color, I can't help but stare at the color, its so vibrant. What a great cold weather choice that isn't black, navy, brown or grey.

 

Blogger ms. george said ... (10:38 AM) : 

i think you mean the blazer/chunky scarf/beard combo, which is yummy. I LOVE it, and i see it too!

 

Blogger ms. george said ... (10:39 AM) : 

i think you mean the blazer/chunky scarf/beard combo, which is yummy. I LOVE it, and i see it too!

 

Blogger ela said ... (10:39 AM) : 

wow to the first guy. i don't even mind the cell. looks perfect.

 

Blogger Mira Maulia said ... (10:40 AM) : 

looooove the scraft. look at the hotdog.. hahaha. yumm....

 

Blogger ms. george said ... (10:41 AM) : 

i spy a trend also, the beard/blazer/chunky scarf yumminess!

 

Blogger KONSHONCHLOE said ... (10:41 AM) : 

awesome outfit friend!!

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (10:47 AM) : 

These guys know how to wear long pashminas scarfs!I like,but i choose the first one.Because i really like how he combined blue jacket and grey long scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I think this look is tremendously sexy, on both men.

I think somehow the thick head of hair balances the scarf. Could a guy with less hair work this look?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Bearded men? That's been going on for a while.
Just kidding. Like the scarves. And that second guy's jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

God I hope it's a trend. I LOVE beards and messy hair on men. And this coat/scarf thing as well.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:58 AM) : 

It is amazing how one can wear a substantial scarf like these and then you dont always have to wear a heavy coat. I do like this trend, although the scarf would have to be cashmere!!! Love the jacket on the bottom picture, and I agree it would be a hard look to put off. The pattern on the sleeves matches perfectly with that of the body

 

Blogger Vermine said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Could also be this double knoted extra long scarf...

 

Blogger Lauren (Lo) said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I see a trend as in these men are SEXY! Esp the 2nd one...he wears those jean really well! Yum!

 

Blogger  said ... (11:09 AM) : 

very good ! Love the coat, l'écharpe et le jean assez vieillot + la chaîne.
Coupe de veuchs et barbe vont très bien aussi !

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (11:10 AM) : 

so what trend.. the beard, the jacket, the deets on the jacket, the scarves, the jeans combination.. it's all awesome :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

if eric is refering to beards, and stylethread said women have been wearing this for years... where does this leave us?

 

Blogger Blon D. Troit said ... (11:12 AM) : 

number 3- yes, LOVE that its a sandwich and not a cell :) and little tishes of Metal- NICE.
number 2 - THAT blue has been POPPING up...how refreshing!
number 1- i appreciate the almost tailored draping, tho i dont know about the "drawstring" detail...it may take away...yep it does.

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (11:13 AM) : 

great style.... very nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

The scarves are a huge trend right now...when it ends, what will we do with all these scarves?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Or were you referring to the facial hair? What will we do with THAT when they shave it all off?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Beautiful people can pull off anything...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Number 1 is a handsome chap & knows which colous go together, light blue is always great with strawberry blond hair. These pictures could be early Herb Ritts - there's a seventies feel to them.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (11:33 AM) : 

yes I see a trend. Two really sexy men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

I love how the top guy has pulled off all those blues together, set off by the almost refreshing grey of the scarf.

As a similarly sandy-haired guy I often turn to blue as my colour of choice - this gives me confidence to experiment a little with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I bet you'd like the look of a fellow I saw about a year ago:

beard, watch cap, imprinted tee shirt, jeans, some sort of nice shoes.....and a tweed sport jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I am loving the thick scarves worn loosely over the blazers with jeans. Best pics!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

They look like they're going out saliling to kill Moby Dick. And I like it. I'm rethinking facial hair...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I would like a bit thicker beard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

the man in the blue reminds me of aaron eckhart, but much scruffier!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

the jackets are great. i would buy the top one in a heartbeat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

As a scarf designer, I LOVE the look, but if I was an overcoat designer, probably not so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

This bright blue blazer is all kinds of gorgeous with his complexion and hair color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I think the second guy matches much better, but it's definitely a good look.

Also, it's nice to see someone else wearing a pocket watch! (guy #2)

 

Blogger Fluff Chance said ... (12:18 PM) : 

such cool grown up looks. For guys like me who are men and not boys. You are such a great seer. I have seen so many looks on men on your voyage which inspire me to go to my overstocked closet and just mix it all differently. If not that, get one or 2 things that shake everything else I own up. I love your eye. Thanks,
Fluff Chance
http://emperorsoldclothes.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Camille said ... (12:35 PM) : 

These men are so handsome in their blazers and knotted scarves. I love the different vibes they give off here, from neat to rugged to artsy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I hope so! I adore hairy men!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I love the top half of the first but the overall look of the second, especially with those stunningly faded raw jeans that he obviously wore himself (no factory predistressing ugliness like top guy) makes the entire outfit perfect, even if I like the direction of the first better.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Gorgeous! Love beautiful bears, and scarves and jackets with pocket handkerchiefs with jeans...good shots!
X

 

Blogger gasireu said ... (1:12 PM) : 

it is sooo obvious that always Italians prefer blue from black, and love to match it with tan, grey and brown! :)

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Casual chic at it's best.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:35 PM) : 

The plaid jacket and pocket watch: perfect.

 

Blogger Priscilla Brossi Gutierre said ... (1:39 PM) : 

A D O R A B L E!

 

Blogger Fabio Bucciardini said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Bravo! Mi piace! Always something interesting in this famous blog. Good Conquered fame. :)))

 

Blogger Fabio Bucciardini said ... (1:43 PM) : 

PS I get crazy abouth the scarf!

 

Blogger farhad said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I love the bottom pic. what a great look. I Love the color combos and his denim which it appears that he has broken in himself due to all the character it has.
the jacket is fantastic and I love the oversized scarf and all the different textures. also the half eaten sandwich in his hands, that's just great : ) just a casual and effortless look and pic. unlike the forced look of our friend with the oversized denim.
the guy with the blue jacket just needs better denim IMHO. that final touch would have made the outfit. I love his pocket square though, and the little bit of beige that's popping out of his jacket sleeve.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I get crazy about beards.

 

Blogger Alexander said ... (3:05 PM) : 

I love the gorgeous blue jacket. It matches with his eyes. More men should wear such colorful clothes.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (3:50 PM) : 

If it is about the beard, I love this trend!

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Great ensemble. Love the belt and scarf especially.

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (3:51 PM) : 

God, are they gorgeous or what!?!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

oh man does 1st one look like Aaron
Eckhart love the bearded rough hewn look it is hot!

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (3:59 PM) : 

love the scarfs, like the first photo

 

Blogger Bel said ... (4:03 PM) : 

How I love stylish men, they are soooo difficult to find!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

The trend is italian lumberjacks! Can these two be any hotter?!?!? Per gli uomini italiani..grazie Dio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

old blond dudes who need a shave and a haircut? maybe i could dye it blond and keep up...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Beards! A good beard really makes the man, truly. Love the blue blazer, but the jeans and awkward scarf wearing isn't really up to par.
Second guy though - great details, great hair, nice blazer - lovely.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Great Odin's Raven!! The guy at top (with the beard) looks like me!! Weird. Anyway, I would not wear a light blue pocket square.

 

Blogger Mathew Crane said ... (5:40 PM) : 

What an amazing jacket and I love that scarf!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (5:40 PM) : 

probably.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Similarities:

Amazing hair (happens to be blond)
Beards
Bigass scarves tied at the front
Sports jackets
Jeans
Left pocket detail

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Easy, comfortable, and oh so casually stylish, love these photos! And the sandwich! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

The whole Grizzly Adams look has to go...and Im seeing scarves everywhere now..I used to love them, but now it looks way to trendy, I cant wait for conservative 60-70s style comes back, maybe with a tad, just a tad of whimsy.

 

Blogger ryder said ... (6:36 PM) : 

doubly delicious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Love photos of men exuding masculinity in a non-polished way - just awesome - beard, scarf, hair! If the man in the bottom is ever in NYC & single (or not), I'd love to have a night with him.

 

Blogger Fashion Kangaroo said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I just love guys with scarfs. More people should wear them. The problem is that here in Brazil the weather does not help. Great photos. Love your work!!

http://fashionkangaroo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:51 PM) : 

2nd guy is terribly sexy!
I want to be that sandwich!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

if the trend is men with a style and not the fancy of fashion, like it!

'stina

I do hope for the sake of their lovers that they are putting a bit of conditioner in those beards.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Do we see a Trend??? you mean of gorgeous men?? oh la la! Gosh I love them both. In the second photo is that a sandwich he is holding casually like a cellphone? Both men look delicious. I wonder if he has the house keys or a watch at the end of that chain. I love the bulky scarf on both men, on top and under the jacket looks fine to me. I'm thinking tighter jeans for the first guy.
Elizabeth

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (8:23 PM) : 

Yum-ee. Both guys, so different in style and look but yet both so very fine.

Bachelor #1 does indeed resemble Aaron Ekhart and #2 has a great Gioncarlo Giannini vibe.

 

Blogger A Feira said ... (8:23 PM) : 

too sexy! love it ;)

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I like both looks, although the beard looks best on the man in the second photo. Scarves have been my favorite accessory this year and I've even seen some inspiring looks on the street here. I admit the hair looks good with the scarves in both but even with little hair I can make a scarf work, too; so no, I don't think the hair is strictly necessary. Humor me, please.

 

Blogger Deka said ... (8:32 PM) : 

chunky scarves arent new

 

Blogger Candace said ... (9:01 PM) : 

That's a great plaid jacket...lovely with those jeans!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (9:10 PM) : 

I actually had hair like this. But with time and genetics it didn't last. Great hair & beard!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

LOVE the second guy, OK, Sart, you have won me over with the men! hahaha, It's putting me in a menwear-ish mood! Fresh!
Rachel in NYC

 

Blogger Spaceman Spiff said ... (9:42 PM) : 

what is the last guys jeans?

they look amaazing

 

Blogger Tania said ... (9:50 PM) : 

i want that broche.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

I hope the trend is cultivating a beard. I do, and will continue to do so, trendy or not.

 

Blogger Sahrex said ... (10:20 PM) : 

i love hotdog. too.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:35 PM) : 

More dreamy shots. Love the last plaid jacket, and the pin. Can't quite tell what the pin is, but plaid, facial hair, and a cool pin never looked so good.
Once again I'm glad I 'bookmarked' this site!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Hot bearded men with shaggy hair, big scarves, jeans and sport-coats?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

Hmm, what shoes go with that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Scarves and beards....and I am a pogonophile !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 AM) : 

what is that blue thing protruding from the left sleeve of bottom guy? price tag,laundry label?

 

Blogger About Me said ... (6:29 AM) : 

beards and scarves. i get it. i also get that i want one of them as a sugar daddy.

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (7:20 AM) : 

To Anon, Sandwich Indeed! I love the look and have had good luck finding large scarves at Club Monaco.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM) : 

They're perfect to me! both of them!!!wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Yes I do believe you do and I would absolutely not be against this trend, I like it!

I like suit jackets casually mixed with jeans. It's hot!

 

Blogger Lainey Seyler said ... (9:15 AM) : 

this is a trend i can embrace. i love this look on men. yes.

 

Blogger Anne said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I'm a girlie girl but I've been working the jeans, blazer and scarf thing lately (minus the beard ha ha)too. The blazers, which I got from thrift stores, are bigger since they're not the modern, shrunken variety, work great in lieu of a coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Both men are gorgeous. And the two outfits are definitely something I like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I love this trend. It should become a staple

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Hola Carlos! tu blazer azul es amazing ... Besos desde munich,Isolda & Ana

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (12:17 PM) : 

and this is more classical italian dandy's look!
very stylish look in general... but without any art and imagination

 

Blogger makescoffeenervous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Soooo love the second guy. He can't get any cooler than that. The hotdog completes the look. I love him! Hahaha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

good gracious, he looks just like Aaron Eckhart. and both look amazing.
eva

 

Blogger SAREF said ... (2:10 PM) : 

The first combination is absolutely amazing! The blue blazer is stunning especially with the grey scarf. This man is incredibly handsome and he looks so distantly familiar too. Similar to Aaron Eckhart maybe.

Both photos are indeed fabulous looks to see on men but really nothing new. I have been sporting my tailored jacket and oversized scarf/pashmina with clean-line jeans for years now. It is always a classically casual American look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Both looks are great in my eyes. The 2nd photo, the guy looks...so hot lol it's funny how style does that. His look is reminiscent of Dsquared2 with the jeans/chain with a more dapper kind of blazer. It works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Anon 11:10... LOL.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I can't see the trend....

I've seen a lot of jackets+scarf.
Perhaps you mean the beard+scarf+jacket?

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (6:01 PM) : 

everyone seems to love the 2nd guy- i like the 1st better (if i must choose). not feelin' the wallet chain.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:01 PM) : 

i think i'm in love with the redhead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Hot looking blond bearded men wearing long scarves. Finally a trend I can live with. Hope it lasts a long time. ;-)

 

Blogger myslak said ... (5:22 AM) : 

There is something obvious in the look of the second guy (it's a nice look but that's all what can be said). The first guy (on top;-) is a completely different story mainly because of the great colour he is using, trying to combine it with his red hair (I always keep saying that red hair is a real blessing).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

as far as the trends go, i would say:beards and the combination of scarfs & blazers/jackets and maybe nonchalant/messy hairdoes..i'm generally not a fan of beards but it surely suits the men on these recently posted photo's (so including the one that is now at the top)..i specially like the second guy in this post..though a bit old for me..he's hot!

 

Blogger Deirdre Schwiesow said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Love how these guys look stylish but also very masculine -- so sexy with the beards wavy hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Mmmmm que estilo, me gusto!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

MMMMMM que look, me encanto !!

 

Blogger Spouish! said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Guy in the blue jacket - Aaron Eckhart? Kinda looks like him...

 

Blogger No said ... (8:06 PM) : 

If I could have my way, I would make every man dress like those 2 gentlemen. They look fantastic.

 

Blogger mchl said ... (12:53 AM) : 

that's it! tomorrow i'm going to start accessorizing with a sandwich in hand!

-michael

 

Blogger Jessica Faith said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Oh my word this man is gorgeous.

 

Blogger AL said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Love the color on the 1st, but the 2nd has some serious attitude. BITE ME!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

Funny when I saw this pic I saw myself. I love wearing this setup. It's a no brainer. I'm not sure why he would would wear such a long scarf but a scarf works with it. It says its fashionable without being a fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 AM) : 

I love the entire urban cowboy look on the second man. I am in awe with what you can capture in your photographs Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 AM) : 

In Amsterdam its already a trend guy's with big scarfes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Both just beautiful !

 

Blogger eve said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I love this man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Perfection. A picture is worth a thousand words :)

 

Blogger Meander said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I think I have just immediately fallen in love with both of these men! yummy!
does the first not look a tad like the adorable Liam Neeson or is it just me.
Great style! Hot stuff!!!

 

Blogger bilbaobyme said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Maravilloso!Genial!La blazer azul con el gris de la bufanda y el azul de sus ojos.
Me apasiona

 

Blogger la femme said ... (9:03 PM) : 

Hmm. I like this trend a lot.

 

Blogger in the mood for life said ... (1:51 AM) : 

I always envy people who can put any obscure color and style on their body but still look great. Like these guys.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

i love a man who can pull off a great beard and great style at the same time. so sexy.

 

Blogger julie opotiki new zealand said ... (4:52 PM) : 

the second guy is HOT!!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting