This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Blue Denim, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, February 21, 2009

On the Street......Blue Denim, NYC

Comments on "On the Street......Blue Denim, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Headlights of a car?

 

Blogger MONI said ... (11:14 AM) : 

wow its not just the fade off on her jeans, its like a twilight, i love her style!
http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger Tania said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I've never seen anyone before that could pull of denim on denim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I wish I look that good in all denim, Love it!

 

Blogger Mademoiselle C. said ... (11:50 AM) : 

I love that photo. Especially the light of the car (?) on the bottom And the rain...and the hat...and the lights behind...!

Great. =)

 

Blogger Pamela said ... (11:51 AM) : 

loved the outfit! specially the boots!
nice pic
xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

isn't it winter?

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I've never seen the boyfriend jean worn better than this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Always love the blue jean look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Wow! I'm loving the look.

 

Blogger brianne said ... (12:19 PM) : 

the boots and hat really make this outfit!

 

Blogger brianne said ... (12:19 PM) : 

the boots and hat make this outfit fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

The hat really adds something to the look. Loving her daringness to pair two different denims together!

She looks a bit like Caroline Sieber, too.

 

Blogger Sarah*Im Over It* said ... (12:20 PM) : 

i usually don't like the jean tuxedo but it's working for her. Love her boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

I love this look!!

Denim on denim done perfectly

 

Blogger About Me said ... (12:22 PM) : 

wow...the rule of not mixing denim has gotten thrown out the window. she looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Hey guys,
please please tell me where to find such a shirt!!!
Thanks!

 

Blogger The Sartorialpiste said ... (12:23 PM) : 

She looks very french to me - with an american twist. Like her shoes, reminds me of dancing shoes - only in black.

 

Blogger Marcy said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Very cute weekend look, overall. I love the hat and the boots. Not so crazy about the baggy jeans, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Debbie Gibson!

 

Blogger Lori said ... (12:59 PM) : 

interesting look.. I don't like the denim on denim but her boots are nice

 

Blogger gilty pleasure said ... (1:03 PM) : 

oh i love this outfit! boyfriend jeans with a demin chemise top....lace booties. love it love it!

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I love this look. To me, it takes confidence to pull this off, yet, she looks so meek at the same time. The hat is great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

we call this a canadian tuxedo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:10 PM) : 

love it! the boots are brilliant!

 

Blogger kale daikon said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Yes! I *knew* the Canadian tuxedo would return to the top of the fashion pyramid one day. (The denim blazer makes it an official three-piece ensemble.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

The boots are fantastic, and, with the hat, they elevate the denim into style -mode. Love this.

Ok. I'm off to hit the thrift store now for some comfortable baggy jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

yeehaaaa - denim overdose ;)
boyfriend jeans is a trend i can't follow...
great picture!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Your photographs always amaze me! I love the way her clothing "matches" her posture; the outfit - though unusual - seems so natural on her. And that is what true fashion is about...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I just love this ensemble

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

no, NO! i lived through that look once and i can't do it again!...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Great outfit, very retro fabulous. A nod to Molly Ringwald? But she looks so cold and shivery. Brrr...

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (1:48 PM) : 

So fantastic! love the denim and tie up boots ahh

http://imiloa-kaila.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Surprisingly, I like this look, though I doubt I could pull it off?
I would probably do a silk print shirt, something rich in color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Truly loving this look at the moment.
Very gold-miner... in a chic manner.

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Not a fan of this look to be honest. A bit too 90's for my taste (denim on denim?) but this woman still manages to pull it off, especially with those boots. The faded colours really suit the light and atmosphere in this shot, too.

 

Blogger King of Gin said ... (1:56 PM) : 

She looks cooold without her jacket on. She looks good too, so I guess it's a worthwhile tradoff ;)

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (1:58 PM) : 

I like this. It's almost an Annie-Hall-is-going-to-go-work-in-the-garden kind of look. Except she won't because she'd get dirty. Maybe if she found the right gloves?

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (1:59 PM) : 

2009 Jeans Trend: Boyfriend Jeans!!!Plus this old school denim shirt and Fedora hat.This girl knows how to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

2009 Jeans Trend: Boyfriend Jeans!!!Plus this old school denim shirt and Fedora hat.This girl knows how to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Blue jeans are radically poetic !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

a little too "Blossom" for me....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I don't know if I like the pants as much... but I don't know what else she could wear it all with.

but love the upper half

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I like it
She is so stylish

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

She reminds me of Punky Brewster.

 

Blogger andrew said ... (2:24 PM) : 

if it weren't for the hat taking away the costume look i would love it at all. that i being said i love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

bravo....an ode to personal fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

she looks like sophia coppola. that denim has some feel good vibes to it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Classic. Like she just came back from some safari in Africa... I love the simplicity of her blue button-up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Horrorshow. She could look good in a burlap sack. This is worse than a burlap sack.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Oh, she's cold! No doubt, she gamely took off her coat so you could capture her outfit! As any sane person would....

She looks adorable, in a very 1970s Diane Keaton kind of way. I especially love her hat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

uhhhh.... no. not a good look.

 

Blogger Maddie said ... (3:06 PM) : 

interesting.. surprisingly, it really looks good

 

Blogger Ezra said ... (3:25 PM) : 

jeans blouses are so popular now
i like the way she wore hers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

very country style in NYC! lovely photo!

Katerina

 

Blogger Lexie said ... (3:34 PM) : 

texas tuxedo??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I want a hat like that

 

Blogger Ladybird said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Lovely combination of denim, and the hat....

 

Blogger Troy N. said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I want to say Annie Hall, but I won't..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

very cool and independent style.

 

Blogger Li-Li said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Blossom!

 

Blogger H @ Narnia's Closet said ... (4:32 PM) : 

oh wow! thats how you mix denim! so well done!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:38 PM) : 

how pretty!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Fab looking boyfriend jeans! Pls try get more jeans in front of your camera!

 

Blogger hc said ... (4:50 PM) : 

jean shirt is great..

bottom, rolled up pants say 'hey, my new boots are on display.' very unnatural..for rain's sake, roll it down half to provide more authenticity..

like the no belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I love this. So relaxed and yet still stylish. Love her hat and boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

I love this, so American, but yet so stylish as well. Gotta love her hat and boots!

 

Blogger Flor de Castro said ... (5:36 PM) : 

i wouldnt wear jean with jean, but because of some reason she look awsome..!
i love the blog, it has a elegant, classy and urban style.
congrats, is amazing!!

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (5:41 PM) : 

awesome style!

 

Blogger Emma said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Am I the only one not to love the boots? Think it would look a lot better with brogues personally.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

So...double denim is back, it seems the 90s are taking over.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Thats a Chambray workwear shirt from J. Crew. Chambray is not denim. She Isn't wearing denim on denim. This look is great. I wear a vintage Japanese chambray workwear shirt with diesel jeans often. I just break up the color with a suiting vest and a worn leather Varvatos belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

i don't think just anybody could pull this off, but she looks so beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

I love jeans!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:25 PM) : 

that's a lovely shot scott, it's just such a nyc classic! the cabs in the background, the wet, grey street and that glorious faded blue...love her boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Dexys Midnight Runners in mood.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

A stylish nod to 1849.
She's digging for gold.

 

Blogger First Lady of MADE said ... (8:29 PM) : 

she reminds me of Blossom. but she pulls it off 10X better! amazing pic as always.

 

Blogger ashley said ... (8:39 PM) : 

denim on denim!
awesomeness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

is this amy grant circa 1991?

 

Blogger z said ... (9:52 PM) : 

I love the nonchalance. The boots are super cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Love those boots!

 

Blogger Jen said ... (9:57 PM) : 

so impressed with the denim on denim...wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

The photo is so poetic and the subject so beautiful - would we care so much about what she is wearing if the photo wasn't on a blog about clothes? As it happens what she is wearing is great - long live jeans and boots! Thank you Scott for a lovely image.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Individually I don't like any of the items she's wearing, with the exception (maybe) of the hat.

But together on her it looks so great! I can't say what it is...

If I walked past her in the street she would turn my head - and I'm female!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I don't know...I think it's just the fact that she's so gorgeous that lets her pull it off, cuz I really dont feel the denim on denim here...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:05 PM) : 

she reminds me of blossom! love it.

 

Blogger Metro Profile said ... (10:31 PM) : 

This is a great photo and her clothes work for it - but I don't think she'd look equally great at all angles. Jeans too baggy and shirt too sloppy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

she looks great! looks like the same girl that garance shot not too long ago. anyone know who she is? http://www.garancedore.fr/en/2009/02/16/happy-fashion-week/#comments

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

this is very beautiful girl, could her name be Ashley? i think i know her?

we haven't seen each other in a long time so i'm not sure.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (10:59 PM) : 

Honestly, I hate it. I think it looks too 90's. Its best to take certain inspirations from past decades, but not many things especially when incorporating them into one outfit. There is too much with the light denim button up to the faded medium wash jeans. Its too much. She's pretty though and I like her hat! XOXO
www.ahauteaparty.blogspot.com

 

Blogger blogista said ... (12:19 AM) : 

i simply love her outfit!
so denim!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 AM) : 

i agree with tania. this girl is amazing.

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (1:59 AM) : 

I think it would work better if either the shirt or the pants were less baggy. Two baggies can look sloppy. Nice to see something this casual in NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

sorry for my negativity (i just cant believe how many of you really like this outfit), but i had to say i don't like it. i just dont get why people roll their jeans up in that unflattering way. someone tell me why!?
but i do like the hat =D.
ps. can someone get her an umbrella!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 AM) : 

Blossom?

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (3:26 AM) : 

i completely agree with this amy grant, blossom style. it's so interesting because the aesthetic of the 90s seemed so un-pleasing at the time, and i've always wondered how long it would take for this style to become relevant or new again. growing up (in the 90s) i always thought such a style was frumpy -- flowy, undefining flower dresses...big bowly hats with pins on them, jeans everything with a flannel sweatshirt tied around the waist. it's like anti-body con, which also seemed pretty big at the time. surprise! barely 10 years ago and it's already chic again. i don't know, she wears this with an irony that makes me think she is not american, or maybe she is but that's just the way to wear such a recycled look. in any case, i actually think she looks really nice, except i don't really get why the jeans are rolled up. this look is definitely nostalgic for the 90s, but with those jeans, she just seems SO current in a kind of cheap way. and the victorian-esque laceups, i don't think they are appropriate. they just cut off her legs even more. but i think she is really chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 AM) : 

It's not the outfit, which is interesting... at best. It's the girl, she makes it work. But the poor thing is cold! (A small price to pay to be featured on The Sartorialist, no? :)

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (5:57 AM) : 

she looks like she's freezing..
those boots are killer <3

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Adore this all denim look and I like her hat and laced up booties too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Plucky denim girl!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Oh boy, I see a few hot trends in this picture:

denim shirt and boyfriend jeans...
Has it been raining, Scott?

Lovely atmosphere!

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (9:51 AM) : 

This makes me think of the 80's for some reason. I did window display for a small store in a small town in Kentucky but I just remember tons of faded denim and chambray and boots...a bit nostalgic for me. She needs a silver lame bag and some juju beads.

 

Blogger VirginiaWestfield said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Amy grant... hilarious!
For what it is, it is done well.
I have some deep personal regrets about the oversize, long-rise "boyfriend" jeans I wore back in the day. I'm guessing this girl isn't old enough to have lived it before...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

for me she looks like a farmer lost in the city

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (12:41 PM) : 

So 80s...she wears it very well. Usually the all-denim look is not appealing, but I'm liking this, the more I look at it.

 

Blogger Morgan said ... (2:18 PM) : 

is this sophia coppola?

 

Blogger Killer B said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about the pure denim as it looks a little frumpy, but your photography is incredible.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:43 PM) : 

This look is about the gently worn-in collar. I just love the delicate v-neck it makes and the roll of the sleeves and the pants legs, too. The boots are ultra cool. In fact, the accessories, the fedora, the bag, pull it all together.

 

Blogger Martha Lecoq said ... (3:03 PM) : 

simply style, she looks really good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I simply adore this lady and her outfit. Here is proof that one need not arbitrarily follow fashion "rules" in order to look good. A little creativity and a long look at yourself in a mirror tells you whether or not you can pull off denim pieces together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

I remember dressing like this long ago... when I was in high school and before the "denim on denim" look became uncool. For the next 30 years I wouldn't be caught dead in this kind of outfit. I now, I can't believe that I'm loving it! It doesn't mean that I'll try it again myself, but she looks great.

I think what makes it work is the bagginess of the boyfriend jeans, the nice texture of the shirt and the play on colors and shades.

 

Blogger Crystal said ... (7:23 PM) : 

too much denim
she looks like she should be in the country or someting.
def not something id wanna try

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

never mind the no-nos about denim with denim...this is exactly the kind of look i love to see. she put it all together perfectly - stylishness without stuffiness. relaxed without being lazy. this is a look to which i aspire.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Olive Oyl has the same boots...

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (8:53 PM) : 

I'm not a denim person, but I love how she is carrying this look. She looks very comfortable. I'd like to see her jacket on.

 

Blogger RM said ... (9:08 PM) : 

Great pic!

Loved the outfit too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

Who are these people of NYC? So exspressive. So stylish. Great picture

 

Blogger Brian said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Blossom, where's Six and Joey? Whooaaaa!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

I hate everything in this except for the hat. I love the hat. I think she makes this look better because she is pretty. Otherwise, I really don't like what she's wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

hmmm... I can't say I like this, though she probably wears denim with denim better than anyone else I've ever seen.

 

Blogger Yai Jing Jing said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Very stylish !!
That's why I'm here

 

Blogger Jules said ... (12:37 AM) : 

I love your photo,you look so great on that.
Your jeans is so fab,and specially that hat..=)
You are so glamorous on your outfit..
Hope to see you on my blog too..

 

Blogger Jules said ... (12:37 AM) : 

I love your photo,you look so great on that.
Your jeans is so fab,and specially that hat..=)
You are so glamorous on your outfit..
Hope to see you on my blog too..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

I think it works quite well on her. Interesting light that day as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 AM) : 

i usually hate denim-on-denim look but i think her look's okay. i just don't understand why the jacket has to be denim too. little to extravaganza for me

 

Blogger style inside said ... (4:09 AM) : 

love the boots with all that denim. and the red lips. and the pose. genius.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 AM) : 

i think the feel of boyfriend jeans can be enough. it may not elongate you, but it may give you a swing to your hips or a different way of carrying yourself (for the better)
i think that's what the allure is.

fashion is magical projection ;)

 

Blogger blogista said ... (6:42 AM) : 

i love the look!

 

Blogger Liza B. Gonzalez said ... (8:14 AM) : 

nice...an updated Annie Hall.

 

Blogger Virginie said ... (8:27 AM) : 

I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Normally I'm not a fan of that sort of look, particularly the rolled jeans, but she definitely makes it work.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I purchased a men's denim shirt like that in the 80's, and I donated recently because I thought for sure I would never wear it again.

I have those boots, similar jeans, fedora, and cross body bag... I kinda like it. hmmm I'm feeling like it needs a scarf as a belt for the jeans because the large field of denim needs to be broken up, IMO.

also looks like a collision between Annie Hall and Katie Holmes.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (11:36 AM) : 

she looks amazing. she wears this so well i forgot i ever had a rule about no competing denims!

*bisous*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Ahem. Technically, she's wearing denim with chambray. It takes a Canadian who went to high school in the 70s to be in the know on this one.

Very definitely, Anonymous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Proof positive that it's not always the clothes, per se, that make the look. This works for her, so who cares about denim on denim?

 

Blogger Chrissy Johnson said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Hat, boots, jeans are very cute. I am getting a very 1992 working at Blockbuster vibe from the shirt. If this girl can make the "Blossom" look work, she's got style coming out of her pores, though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

This is one of those looks where everything--from the red lips to the granny boots--all of it, I would never wear; none of it; but that I love in its entirety and combination on HER. But probably only her.

One of those looks that I can't take anything from personally other than the reminder that there is so much out there that can look good and yet will never be "my" style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Wonderful. It's very easy to go wrong with an outfit with pieces of varying proportions like this, especially with denim. But she pulls it off with casual ease. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Chambray is chambray not denim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

she kinda looks like the young molly ringwald

fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

She looks like an extra in Dexy's Midnite Runners "Come on Eileen" video. Only much cuter. And she probably smells better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

she looks amazing! i would wear this exact look if i knew i could pull it off as well as she can. I love the boots and the natural-looking half-tuck!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:54 AM) : 

Usually denim on denim scares me, but she looks so cute.

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (2:15 AM) : 

how lovely!!

 

Blogger lies said ... (6:26 AM) : 

This is such a beautiful picture!

 

Blogger blue moss said ... (9:13 AM) : 

super cool with out looking like a suit

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I adore the whole outfit. In fact, I love the entire photograph.

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Makes me nostalgic for my old demin shirts: where does one find a good denim short any more?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

she works at amarcord, probably one of the best italian vintage store in the city... and yes she has great style... she is also a stylist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

All these comments and nobody's figured it out yet. She's the leader of a Dexy's Midnight Runners tribute band. Come on, Eileen!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

What a Jeanious. Thank you Sartorialist. Thank you downtown denim damsel. Finally, denim 'don' right.

 

Blogger <3 said ... (5:49 PM) : 

I don't know if I'm really liking the contrasting denim colors. It's so BLUE.

 

Blogger mchl said ... (8:58 PM) : 

hey girl!

-michael

 

Blogger TOMOE said ... (10:31 PM) : 

i love it!

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (1:44 AM) : 

Really very well done.

 

Blogger Ashman Mahfudz said ... (8:29 AM) : 

vintage!!!
boyfriend jeans..love it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

She is an incredible designer and stylist, but more importantly, a humble and beautiful person. She told me she pulled this shirt from her boyfriend's closet last minute before running out the door. That's how naturally good she is...

 

Blogger Lisett L. said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I'd love to see the whole thing with her wearing that coat, too - maybe it adds some much-needed twist to the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I can't believe it! The part where her coat fades is aligned with where the jeans fade! I know it's such a minute/random detail, but it makes this picture more unbelievably good than it already is. :p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Annie Get Your Gun meets Little House on the Prairie with the Boots...eh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Denim on demin done the way it's meant to be done. I absolutely adore this look.

 

Blogger essie said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Absolutely wonderful! This photo made me go buy a pair of second-hand-Levi's 505's in boyfriend style. This will be revealed to the world at tonights book release party. Hopefully with the same success! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

I love denim on denim done right.
And this is to a degree.

But those jeans rolled up?
And those jeans with those boots?

I actually feel a bit nauseated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Dislike everything except the boots.

 

Blogger Fabienne Aïé said ... (11:30 PM) : 

She reminds me a bit of Sofia Coppola

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Her lipstick and her laced heeled boots makes it! Beautiful relax

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

denim on denim never looked so good before! plus, even some of the most beautiful hollywood starlets can't pull off the boyfriend jeans look like she does!

 

Anonymous Kitty said ... (8:42 AM) : 

wow.... i always thought that denim on denim was the biggest fashion faux pas of all (having always been lectured on the dangers of it) but she looks so...cool, and effortlessly so (how annoying)

 

Blogger TOMOE said ... (8:30 PM) : 

The piling of denim to denim and looking to fashionable. Wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Denim on Denim ALWAYS looked good! You have all listened to the Fashion Machine.

I too love this look...but I especially love how everyone here cannot get over how she is wearing Denim & Denim.

Denim on Denim was ok to do all through the centuries ...since denim was invented.

Think San francisco Gold miners, what did they wear???

Think of the men who built the Empire State Building and all the bridges across the Unted States in the Depression era.

Think...is there anyone who portrayed a sexy ruggedness better than James Dean?

Think the 60's... Think Woodstock ..who didn't wear Levi's and a "workshirt"? It was the anthem of youthful exhuberance and it didn't go away all through the 70's. What did changes was the shape and style of the jeans.

In the 70's when "Designer Jeans" came out (which were Sergio Valente and Gloria Vanderbilt and Jordache in those days) It WAS STILL ok ito wear Jeans with a denim vest to match!

And all through the 80's and 90's it was ok to wear jeans that were acid washed prewashed or stonewashed with denim halters or midriffs or even loosely knitted or croceted denim sweaters and denim boots or pumps!

The United States was actually built on this look and whether it was tried and true faded & frayed or acid washed it used to be ok to do this.

Until ....some "Fashion Expert" in the New Millennium declared this a faux pas. And then everyone declared "Oh my I am breaking the rules". and stopped doing it!

Mean while everyone here is admiring, how good it looks and for a reason!

Because it has always been a great look.
I resented that BS "Fashion Faux Pas" crap!!!!

Fashion truly dictates! That's how they get people to follow along like lambs and buy what they are pumping out every season!

Love & Light,

Tee

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

i heart sophia coppola

 

Blogger mp + cp said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I don't get why so many are dreading the double denim.

look at how many recent editorials are pushing the look:http://andeverythingandnothing.blogspot.com/2010/02/denim-on-denim-part-deux.html

and it was a staple for many in the music scene in the 60s and 70s. See my post, Denim on Denim, the third: looking back. http://andeverythingandnothing.blogspot.com/2010/02/denim-on-denim-third-looking-back.html

 

Blogger helena milne ^^ said ... (1:38 PM) : 

This denim on denim could have been trashy cowgirl, but it works perfectly. The two tones balanced with a fedora and killer heels set off by the extra pop of lipstick creates a whole new look.
xxx

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting