This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Beige & Brown, Rome

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

On the Street....Beige & Brown, Rome

Comments on "On the Street....Beige & Brown, Rome"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

And green? Are those sweatpants? Regardless very awesome

stylejustice.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Vermine said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Shouldn't it have been:
"Doré and brown"?

 

Blogger Leoona said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I love the jacket! <3

 

Blogger Dr. Debonaire said ... (10:22 AM) : 

i love the way her pants and shoes go together!

 

Blogger smashy said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Wow, you've gotta have serious style to pull those pants off.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I love this look. You can't go wrong with combining various shades of neutrals in different textures.

~stylethread.com

 

Blogger JayDC said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Simple and elegant. Very nice.

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (10:30 AM) : 

It looks so elegant.. in my first glances I wouldn't have noticed it were sweatpants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

...and to think I've been wearing my running shoes with my sweats all these years when I could have put on my snakeskin pumps. d*mn.

I love the coat, the bag, the shoes, the colors, the line, her watch, her killer charming smile, but the encased elastic caressing her lovely ankles is such a buzz kill.

 

Blogger Harlem Loves said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I love those shoes

 

Blogger KONSHONCHLOE said ... (10:40 AM) : 

these ZARA WOMAN pants!! sooo nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Miss Dore herself!!!

After thesartorialist quite possibly the best fashion foto blog out there!! A female equivalent even!

If your not already a convert, please see: garancedore.fr

HOGAN.

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I like her chocolate coat! I agree with Jason^Simple and elegant

 

Blogger Lamirose said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Garance Doré is so elegant !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

garance doré?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

So French.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

It's Garance!

 

Blogger Mademoiselle C. said ... (11:18 AM) : 

"Une fille un style" =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Ha mais c'est la bella Garance!
So chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

french beauty in italian surroundings seems like vanilla and chocolate ice cream in one bowl! wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

That there is quite the lady.

 

Blogger srta a said ... (11:51 AM) : 

love the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Hey Garance! Yeahhh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

The always elegant and witty Garance!

Are those silk pants?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

The shoes are fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

garance!

if you read this site, you must read hers as well:

garancedore.fr/en/


ally
allysonmeier.blogspot.com

 

Blogger agus said ... (12:19 PM) : 

When I look at the pictures here, in my mind I'm in Italy, especially in Florence. Thank you very much for memories and many ideas and inspirations :-)

greetings from Poland
agus

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Don't think those are sweatpants - the material looks too silky and fine for that..and have such a lovely drape.

Garance looks fabulous here...but what I REALLY like is the light. What wonderful light.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

beautiful shoes!

 

Blogger vanna said ... (12:39 PM) : 

great look, but what an attitude.. gorgeous!

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Love her shoes most of all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Great blog, you're in my fav !

> The Pop Peanut

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Garance wears it well. The mix of browns and olive is subtle but beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

i like the reflections in the puddles beside her!

 

Blogger nanashi said ... (2:23 PM) : 

I absolutely adore everything about this look, the balance between the shoes and the pants must be hard to pull off for ordinary people but she just does that, I love her blog, too.

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (2:27 PM) : 

so beautifully elegant, the subtle play on colour and texture, everything is just right. Stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Oh, Garance! She looks so stylishly french!

 

Blogger Kay said ... (2:42 PM) : 

She is beautiful, the shoes were the perfect choice.

http://thestitched.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Not only does Garance makes me laugh every morning, but she's extremely stylish, too. How elegant!

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I am all about earth tones

I spy...a camera?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

The shoes are the best thing about this outfit. I've no doubt she pulls this off beautifully in real life, but caught in a photo the pants have a rumpled, ill-tailored look... and the outfit as a whole is sort of drab (olive drab, to be precise) and unshapely. But the woman has a nice, confident air!

 

Blogger Carl Hult said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Marry me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

This here is a well balanced look I do adore.
The colors are just right for her complexion
And she wares the garments very well
This is a look made for me.

Aim Green

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Chic and elegant! I love that sophisticated simplicity!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Fashion attitude



Like this photo

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (3:55 PM) : 

she looks great, love this

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Perfect colours and quality coat but then I see the the pants are badly seamed and look synthetic.

I am also a hopeless case when it comes to that style - I will never understand elasticised ankle pants worn with high heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Love the coat, bag and shoes. The olive sweat-pants do nothing for me, even if they are silk and even if this is the legendary Garance!

I would love to see more of the blouse she's wearing - and what happens to the outfit once the coat is removed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

LOVE those shoes!
Molto molto bene!

 

Blogger Paula said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Garance <3 <3

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Bonjour Garance! Great sophisticated look but then we expect nothing less.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

A lovely picture. Was this in front of Hotel 47 on Via Petroselli, Mr Schuman? I just came back from Rome and thought I recognized the street.

 

Blogger niezapominajka said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I love the way her clothes emphasize her beauty

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Un look casi perfecto de no ser por los pantalones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

what a classy babe! <3 her! and those zara pants are <3 <3 <3, i've tried them on and they are just very flattering to the figure. love the color mix!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

pants leg seam puckers - not good!
shoes, bag, color combos - great!

 

Blogger MarieAnn said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Oh so stylish. Confident, yet laid-back. Sophisticated, yet relaxed... I'm so jealous.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:08 PM) : 

How I love Garance! She looks so utterly stylish, elegant and cool...Gorgeous!

 

Blogger Rebecca MacKiller said ... (6:24 PM) : 

What a fabulous take on the traditional legging. Classic

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

this is style! this is not muddied by fashion. i love the simplicity and i admire the approachable confidence.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:01 PM) : 

A stunning woman and a beautiful coat. I don't like the transition (or lack thereof) between the elasticized pants and the shoes. Are those rain puddles radioactive? Wonderful shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

I love her coat,, but not the pants, seriously, no no no. But she seems very comfy and content :)
Elizabeth

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Hey, you was in front of Fortyseven Hotel, aren't you? Our city can be orrible... what a bleak context...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

ADORO!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

The puddles behind her look like angel wings fallen from her back. Not to sound like a romantic...

 

Blogger A Stylized Hysteria said ... (9:14 PM) : 

A gorgeous color palette.

 

Blogger kittenmasks said ... (10:17 PM) : 

I love her.

This is the first time I've ever seen her, and I wish I could see her everyday.

Love her work, love your work.

Thanks!

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (10:27 PM) : 

I want to epitomize her as I get older. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

sick coat!

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (1:25 AM) : 

ohh my heart beats for rome.

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Great photo. I'm guessing you're shooting with a full frame DSL now. Great composition!!! The DOF is just right, it's just like how I would see it in real life.

My eye's focuses more intensely when I see a well dressed woman, my eyeball's aperture setting drops down to about F2.8. Haha.

 

Blogger Gratistotal said ... (3:38 AM) : 

lovely garance! the best female street style blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

so great, i love the style. Quite serious but the silhouette is nice.

 

Blogger MarionRocks said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Garance tu es magnifique !!

 

Blogger la parisina said ... (6:27 AM) : 

belle and sophisticated Garance, au vrai chic parisien!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 AM) : 

Those are Zara pants I think, but not jogging...more like washed silk...

 

Blogger Luis Portugal said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Garance Dore! Love her blog! her coat too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

I instantly knew who's that. The colors are so harmoniously.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

One word: grace!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

I know who that it (smile). Guess what? I am on my way to London and Paris for the THIRD TIME within a year. Can't beat your record, but as a poor girl with a small digital slr, I am using my pennies to travel. I will worry about rent and food later. Hope you're proud of me. www.myspace.com/theartofadversity

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Her blog is wonderful. So are those silky pants! I want a pair.
Isn't it beautiful how the puddles appear blue?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Oh. My. GOODNESS.
I'm seriously in awe of how she is able to so fabulously and effortlessly pull off those sweatpants. Wow. Wow! She looks awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

never realized how hot garance is!
DAMN!!!

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Serene. love it!

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I am constantly impressed by her sense of casual elegance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Stephanie, it is beautiful how the puddles are actually blue, and not drawn in by crayon lol
I think her ensemble is fantastic. Rich chocolate brown, muted beige, and a forest like olive green pant; earth tones truly can make a statement when use properly.

http://kingchic.wordpress.com/

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:50 PM) : 

This one should be published in your book.

This is a great shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

i'm in love with her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

You on Tommy's site, Garance on your site...you guys have me all confused! No, but seriously it's great to see you guys through each other's eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 PM) : 

She looks fantastic, but best of all... comfortable. When good looks and comfort are combined, the outcome is magic. This woman is very sexy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Well, I love the look, maybe I would have pulled out the elastic of the pants ends, because I don't like elastic over hig heels. But that's all

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 AM) : 

French girls are beautifull.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

she so beauiful

 

Blogger Cotton Candy said ... (9:17 AM) : 

This is perfect! The colors, the shoes, the pants...and the coat...oh my what a coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I wanna be like her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Trousers are terrible. Trousers plus heels even more terrible. But who cares when the bone structure and posture are this perfect!

 

Blogger Nikki - - Monomestile - - said ... (1:55 PM) : 

This is absoloutely my favourite image I have ever seen on this site. I love the feminine/masculine mix of sillhoette creators and accessories.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (2:56 PM) : 

The subtle olive shading of her pants make it genius.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Wow! she looks perfect!

 

Blogger What Not & I said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Those pants are amazing! Straight to the top of my wish list... actually, can the entire outfit go on my wish list?

http://whatnotandi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Great- I cannot wait to see more pictures from Rome. I am so upset I missed you there, now I am in NY and seeing all your sources of inspiration in the city!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

C'est Garance!! Toujours aussi classe, sobre et féminine. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 AM) : 

I'm definitly in love w/ this outfit

 

Blogger Lia said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Ah... A delicious Garance sighting. beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

garance! what a lovely lady.
:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

I love how her pants are tapered, yet she wears them with confidence. She does apologize for wearing them. True style is being aware of your body's proportions and not blindly following fashion rules that do not apply to you.

 

Blogger hippydaisy said ... (2:41 AM) : 

i love those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Garance!!!! Does she ever look less than perfect (never too-prefect)? When you've got it, you've got it, and Ms Dore has certainly got it!

 

Anonymous Avery said ... (5:09 AM) : 

I don't understand how some people think these are sweatpants!! It seems quite evident to me that they're highly stylish silk pants... *sigh* Why does no one own my logic? Haha!
Beautiful Garance. I wish I was more like her.

 

Blogger What's in a Name said ... (3:25 PM) : 

This is a perfectly balanced ensemble. Everything compliments everythings else. The blouse, jacket, shoes, bag, even her hair seems to be just the right tone to sit with her outfit. I love this pic.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting