This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....A Man About Town, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 09, 2009

On the Street....A Man About Town, Milano

Comments on "On the Street....A Man About Town, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

Ummm, seriously, look in the mirror before leaving the house.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (5:30 PM) : 

He looks great, how rawness (the piercings) can blend in with sophisticated style choices.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

If it were more fitted it would have looked classier.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I think he looks Frumpy and thrown together with no particular purpose or reason. And, I dont think the clothing is nice enough to pull that off.

I am a little intrigued by the blazer, but this doesnt work for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

i love this look from the waist up - from the jacket to the piercings to the hat...but I don't know what to make of these pants. They pique my interest but I also find myself wondering where on his body the belt is actually hanging?

 

Blogger Percy Chatsworth said ... (6:00 PM) : 

If only he didn't let his trousers fall past his waist and bottom. This always leaves one with such a messy look.

 

Blogger hc said ... (6:01 PM) : 

too las vegas-belt-buckle-tuck-in...i like that he closed the top button though.

 

Blogger diane said ... (6:10 PM) : 

I didn't even realize at first that he had piercings!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Che stile! Simpatico!

 

Blogger Tamsen said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Such interesting style-I'm trying to figure out where his hips really are! I like it.

 

Blogger Lorituela said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I love how the blazer looks on him!

Lorituela, from Spain

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

horrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

This makes me think of Tom Waits, the hat, the slacks, the shoes. Absolutely love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Where is his waist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

and now the boyz are doing the 'pigeon toe' too?!?

ugh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM) : 

So if I don ill-fitting mismatched clothes in Europe, I'm stylish and sophisticated. If I do the same here in the U.S., I'm just an idiot, right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

I love the contrast between what we expected about his clothes in just seeing his face and the outfit he's really wearing. I guess this is what is called style =)

Don't know if my english is okay, I just hope it's understandable !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

The proportions are interesting. They make me think he must be at least 6'7" tall! I don't like the low-slung pants look but i have to say i like the way he has given his deep cuffs. i like his shirt too. This photo challenges my preconceptions of how i think men should dress stylishly which is definitely a good thing. Thought provoking.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Great colors but the pants need to be pulled up.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:59 PM) : 

i see straight up american guy style in this. never thought that "sloppy-chic" would catch on?

my mom would hate it, but i see it every day in some form on my college campus.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:02 PM) : 

I just looove his blazer!
And I have a hat like that. Perhaps I should do something with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

A study in contrast: Valentino Ricci and this guy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

The look is sloppy and even careless, but the air of his having pulled together his favorite pieces and how they work on his frame (I can imagine a certain type of long, thin body under those clothes)makes them compelling. And European or American, the hat, the ear-plugs and the shawl bring this look far above that of your average college student.
All in all this is the guy I want to meet at the bar, bookstore, coffee house.

 

Blogger Cathy Phillips said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I'm loving that blazer.

cathyphillipsfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

I actually adore the jacket details and the hat/piercings combo, but I really don't like the slouchiness of the rest of the outfit, especially the pants. ^^; But if you like what you wear, then wear it, right? :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

I thought it was a tall bloke until I scrolled down. It was a bit of a shock actually. I think the outfit would work much better if the pants were a smaller size and the slightest bit of ankle was showing?

 

Blogger Lori said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Are those ear gauges?

And I seriously love his blazer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

cool mix of proportions!

i am in love with his jacket!! does anyone know what it is??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

You are truly an amazing photographer; I am awed by all of them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I'm so over the piercings and the super low riding trousers. Can we just move on?

 

Blogger Sandy said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Pull up your pants, crack baby. Don't you feel a draft?

Sorry, I know you like to make us think, but this does not work for me. I see my son in this crap every day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Hmmm, this is a tough one: I kinda appreciate the aesthetic, the long lines, as a result of the all buttoned shirt and the snug-fitting blazer. The pants do throw me a bit- I think they are the right idea, it's just that he's been sitting down, walking around etc, that they fall too low on his waist.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

i like how he seemed to channel charlie chaplin on this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

there is something rather off about the proportions here, and hopefully it's intentional. his pants make him look like a penguin (pigeon toes notwithstanding), the jacket is a bit young in the sleeves and the hat...well, it's just too small. he doesn't look bad in my estimation, just ill-proportioned.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 AM) : 

call me unadventurous but those shoes don't go with the trou.

cool idea although the shape is too undefined for me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

I don't know about the trousers, but I love the blazer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

He's clearly doing it all on purpose. The American guys who go for sloppiness suffer from the self-delusion that they are hunky no matter what they wear. This guy is calculating nerdiness--the hat pushed back, the buttons done up to the neck. For all its sloppiness, there is nothing haphazard here.

All the same, I prefer Mr. Ricci, myself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Love how he is clowning with proportions. Clearly he's not looking to conform to 'the rules' - he's playing. Is that a Tiroler jacket (and cap)?

 

Blogger STEVE DOYLE said ... (5:43 AM) : 

It's Way! Such a good style and so talented- check out the pics of the Les Homme show at Milan Fashion Week - he styled it! By far the best show and yet nothing like his own personal style. A true innovator.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Like rolled up pants and his button down shirt, not really convinced of how he combined it but at leats it's kinda flashy.
X

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Smashing jacket! It is not so great, however, that it compensates for the rest of the outfit. Notice how the bottom of the jacket is level with the waist of the chinos; he purposefully makes them ride low below his natural waist, and then he rolls the cuffs up, further shortening his legs!!! Braided belt, I know opinions are split on those, even if fashion magazines are pushing them lately. Pair this jacket with well-fitting classics that accentuate it, and you have a winner! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:51 AM) : 

HEY. I've been chastised on this site numerous times for not being nice. But today this guy's getting picked on. Because he's a guy is he supposed to be tougher?

I think his look is OK. At least it's different.

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:57 AM) : 

If he pulled up his trousers, he wouldn't have to roll up the legs. Otherwise, I like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

This stylish gentleman is the Fashion Director of Man About Town Magazine, its a beautiful magazine -

www.manabouttownonline.com

 

Blogger MEO said ... (9:04 AM) : 

This look is very interesting!

 

Blogger MEO said ... (9:05 AM) : 

This look is very interesting!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (9:20 AM) : 

the blazer is fab !
Makes his looks a bit softer and more accessible ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

very interesting!!!



http://buscandoenmiarmario.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

:-D crazy pic!
I like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I think this man has created precisely the image he set out to project. It's edgy, nerdy, frumpy and daring--and it dares you to try to decipher his message. A message that's definitely from the other side of the the stylistic mainstream.
Thanks, Sart, for a lesson in expanding one's mindset.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

what a babe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

i love the colors and proportions! nerdy, fun, irreverent, sophisticated all mixed up

i'm not a fan of the pigeon toe stance though

 

Blogger saintvenus said ... (2:42 PM) : 

I don;t know how to describe this look.... don't really have a feeling to it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Very interesting and very cool. Not as instantly gratifying as most of the looks posted but it's the skewed take on a classic outfit that makes it. A mixture of punk and prep is as close as I can get to defining this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

thumbs up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

This look is hit-or-miss. He possesses the build to carry it off, sort of reminds me of characters in Tennessee Williams' plays. However, the same pants could look terrible on someone shorter or fatter. And the shoes is a no-no for me. Perhaps the charm of this shot lies in the whole combination, elegance in rawness?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I actually love this. The lines, the proportions...it's different and it's interesting. Not to mention that he's adorable ;)

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Loving all the texture including the stubble. I want to go up to him and scruff up his chin.

 

Blogger Cultivated Ah Lian said ... (5:38 PM) : 

so cool.........

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

What a character - he looks like an old Vaudeville personality.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

He's obviously channeling Tom Waits...

 

Blogger bespoke said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Hello,
I love the mix: very fresh,classic striped shirt, the pair of chinos dropped very low, the tiny jacket and shoes. It works fine: it would be better if he puts a little order and makes it looking more recherché. meanwhile I think the detail which is very important hjere is this neglgé way he's wearing those very classic pieces.
My look for the next spring would be like his but more recherché : with lots of accessories ( a silk carré I bought in flea market, a Givenchy vintage dotted tie?...) I wish spring were there.
Actually nowadays, classic pieces would be worn in very different ways, to make the interesting.
Ciao a presto

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

This is such an interesting and unique combination. Clearly he is someone who puts attention to detail in his very own personal way, kudos

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

OMG !! It's WAYNE..haven't seen him in ages..went to college together in London WOW..looking good!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (12:48 PM) : 

ohhh, he looks like northern european, not like milanese)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Love the blazer. I've been looking for a hat just like this, something with a small brim, I love this one. Is this considered a fedora or trilby? Ideas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Love everything except the pants. They are interesting and intriguing, but do not look good resting so low and rolled up like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

thats way perry!
ive worked with him before and have to say that he is one of the most talented and creative stylists i know. still i have to admit that i cant identify with those trousers.
anyway, you should definitely check out his work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

looks messy too me... pants are either too big, or just not high enough up at the waist. the shirt looks messy, though i like the uncommoness of the last button being buttoned.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting