This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Half Plaid, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, January 12, 2009

On the Street....Half Plaid, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Half Plaid, Paris"

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Is that a little magnifying glass around her neck? How cool is that. An alternative to bi-focals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

This must be from a few months ago. It is much too cold for open-toed shoes now.
So glad for these posts. Bon voyage!

 

Blogger Victoria Nordgren said ... (10:11 AM) : 

never in a million years did I ever think possible to appreciate an outfit based on the drop-rise trouser. She pulls it off so fabulously!! Thanks for the pic!

 

Blogger Hemaly said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Wow, I could never think plaid pants will look so good!

 

Blogger Heinrock said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Relaxed and cool!

 

Blogger morgan said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I'm in love with the shoes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I love this look! Her shoes are FAB!! the crossing straps and scarf..wonderful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:28 AM) : 

a fun, slouchy look
love the mad mix!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Totally awesome!!! Like the scarf very much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I love the way sexiness of the shoes contrasts the grunginess of the outfit. I’m still on the fence about the hat though.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Lovely style! the trousers are so great :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

there is just too much that i love about this look. but, i'll just mention one: her coy smile.

so good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

So the new look in Paris is to dress as though your trunk consumes around 75% of body length?
I think I'll pass.

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:09 AM) : 

MC Hammer just called this woman; he wants his pants back.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I really like the colors and the patterns - can't get used to these pants, though.

I'm afraid that by the time I begin to like them, they'll be out of fashion. On this woman - who is very attractive, has lots of confidence and reminds me of Lauren Hutton - they don't look that bad, but they still make her legs look short.

I love the sandals - in my opinion they are a surprisingly good match with the heavier, cold-weather clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

first!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

great look - love those pants and the fact that it's mainly a winter feel to the ensemble until you get to the feet! she looks happy, too, which always is the best for an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I know it's supposed to be perfect for Interim '09, the multiple prints, the great shoes, cropped pants but the scarf is throwing me off. Not because of the animal prints but because of the hair color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

And I thought they are not making sandals like that any more! Does anybody know where to find them online or elsewhere?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

love the vuitton scarf!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I love the motion, the pattern combos and the slouchiness, it all just works.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:59 AM) : 

elle est trop belle!!
j'adore la forme sarouel du pantalon
XOXO

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (12:11 PM) : 

pretty cool style, pretty awesome woman. Thanks.

 

Blogger Camille said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Her sandals are beautiful, although the outfit is very risky. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ensemble.

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (12:45 PM) : 

wonderful picture! love her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I think that the pants are Zara and maybe the scarf as well!

 

Blogger cras4 said ... (1:37 PM) : 

oh, the scarf!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I love the mix of textures and patterns. What a beautiful, confident-looking woman!

 

Blogger Ammie said ... (2:09 PM) : 

I really disliked the rise of the drop-rise trouser, but now I see a pair that I would actually rock. Very nice. As usual, thank you for the inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Still not feeling that 'large dump in the pants' look. It's just not improving with repeat viewings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

i love this outfit!! especially the leopard scarf!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (3:10 PM) : 

I just can't wrap my brain around strappy sandals for a cold weather look. Otherwise she has her own sure style, and she looks very smart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

She totally rocks! this is the way to wear plaid - get rid of all those tired looking shirts. the sandals work well with the pants - but in january? you've got to respect her commitment to style...

 

Blogger Lucile Meyer said ... (3:29 PM) : 

LOVE-LY !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Well, if you must wear these pants, this is a good way to do it. And she looks very winsome and friendly, that's always nice.

 

Blogger -- said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I love people who can take different prints like leopard and plaid and put them together and look so casual.

 

Blogger escritora said ... (3:46 PM) : 

she is fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Love the scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

i have that Vuitton scarf.. love it..although i doubt it looks as good on me as it does on her.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (4:44 PM) : 

great style and awesome pants!
she's fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Fabulous!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

I'm loving the scarf!

 

Blogger harps said ... (6:33 PM) : 

too much, I don't know where to look first! But this is the polar opposite to my style, so it makes no sense to me. The only thing saving her in my eyes is the smile. She's happy, she thinks she looks good, and that's all that matters.

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Really awesome style, I like how she made two different prints work together.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Such an original style.
I like her smile. Something different.

 

Blogger Dr. Debonaire said ... (10:20 PM) : 

i LOVE this... she looks like so much fun :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

I would really love her outfit, but I can't get past thinking of a toddler with "diaper walk"

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (1:31 AM) : 

Love her style and the scarf always looks larger in pictures...when I saw it at Louis Vuitton, it looked nothing like that at all !
Why's that ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

who made the shoes, pray tell?

 

Blogger progetto said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Those are some of the best best best shoes I have ever seen! Any chance they are new? And that someone would know who makes them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

I cannot bring myself to like drop-crotch trousers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

The scarf, the pants, the smile, even the green gates...) fantastic look!

 

Blogger Caitlin McGauley said ... (6:40 AM) : 

Brilliant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

i LOVE her pants! wonderful shape on this whole look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

this pic rocks my world- i love everything about her look, and it all rests on the combination of prints, baggy fit, sexy shoes, and most importantly that smile... the pants/shirt combo have to be isabel marant- does anybody know??

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:07 AM) : 

oh, i think thats very Westwood style! looks good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

oh this is wonderful.
love it all!
x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

my manolos...yay. They're gorgeous, easy to walk in brown with blue edges and a roman type cameo coin-y thing on the side... feeling so chuffed... in abuja nigeria!

 

Blogger Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I like the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

love the shoes.
but the pants make her legs stumpy.

 

Blogger Lainey Seyler said ... (11:05 AM) : 

ahhh, those shoes make me long for weather that isn't -5 fahrenheit...

they are beautiful.

 

Blogger Justine said ... (1:50 PM) : 

oh how i envy the french and their casual chic. it looks so effortless....

 

Blogger Eunice said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Oh, I love this.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Even though those trousers have the creepy drop crotch thing going on, this outfit is surprisingly cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Too cool for school!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

channeling Cyndi Lauper....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

love that stephen sprouse louis vuitton scarf

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

The shoes might be Chloe from a couple of seasons ago. They still have some with the cone heels on net-a-porter.com. In the sale section.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

So, The Malonos...what year is her pair? are they 08's or 19 somethings...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 AM) : 

coolest, most effortless outfit i've seen in awhile...absolutely love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 AM) : 

someone could tell me where i can get those trousers????
Pleaseeeeee
I LOVE THEM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

I'm not loving the drop in the pants either, but the cut goes nicely with the shoes. If there's one thing I definitely don't like here it's the scarf- there's just something about it that bugs me- probably the bold print in contrast to the plaid.

 

Blogger soph naylor said ... (1:55 PM) : 

the scarf is to die for, so beautiful! i love the pink writing.

 

Blogger Mihal said ... (3:41 PM) : 

you can never go wrong with the perfect combination of femininity, masculinity, and style. LOVE IT.

www.snapsanddaps.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Keli said ... (4:22 PM) : 

anything goes in paris, which i love. she looks great.

 

Blogger Dana said ... (9:34 PM) : 

i am loving the drop crotch... ugly name but great pant. i had a few pairs for a few years but i kept feeling too wierd wearing them.. funny thing tho, mine are plaid as well... they look really similar... guess who made them? two years ago...... lamb(gwen stephani) hmmm, she felt that trend comming two years ago? thats impressive

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

These pants are from zara. I'm 100% positive - I have them. The quality is really bad though - the fabric pills like crazy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 AM) : 

Ah, what a treasure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

The pants are definitely Zara, I have them. You HAVE to wear them with heels especially if you have short legs...but it's great for casual chic combinations in shades of grey

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I'm loving the whole look... It seems that she really though about the outfit but, at the same time looks so effortless, comfortable and stylish...

I think that the item which gives the total look are the squared pants!!!

Have a nice trip!!!!

Luchi*cha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Those trousers are ones which have been in my dreams for about a month now!! I think there's some, if not these, exactly the same in Zara.

Amazing!

Nicky

FASHBASHSOUNDCLASH

 

Blogger candi said ... (2:41 PM) : 

The most charming oversize ever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Greeeeeeaaaaaaaat Style!

Best Regards,
Fran Rosa.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

I have the same Zara pants! i love them

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Representando aqui o Basil!
Nossa, o look ficou muito legal, a mistura do quadriculado da calça e o lenço de oncinha foi genial! Com esse chapéu ela está parecendo a versão feminina de Justin Timberlake. ADOREI, está super jovem, mas apropriado para a idade dela! O sandália alta deixou o look mais feminino e sexy, super inesperado!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

The drop crotch/harem pant was big in parts of Scandinavia for the past few years; I would imagine else where in Europe. I was hoping they wouldn't catch on in the States, but it seems like they're starting to show up...

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Is the Vuittn scarf overused now? It has become like the IT bags - just bought as the status symbol? Its bad as now whenever I see a leopard print scarf in brown or grey, I always look for the steven sprouse on the end. I wouldnt say no to the grey one though!

This woman's style remains.

 

Blogger brittany said ... (12:57 AM) : 

everything about this outfit screams perfect to me. the proportions, patterns, color, fit, EVERYTHING works. the shoes and the pants are especially stunning together.

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I love the shoes and I love the top, scarf and all. I'm not sure about the pants. They remind me of a pair of pajama bottoms I once had.

 

Blogger Érica Martinez said ... (5:33 AM) : 

LLLLOOOVE! This sandals, the scarf (i'd seen before here...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

another photo with the pure essence of theSartorialist...why you started this thing. why we love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Imagination is all! How clever is one girl allowed to be?

 

Blogger megan said ... (7:11 PM) : 

love the shoes.

 

Blogger Silvana Querido said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Totally my style ;)

 

Blogger maticki said ... (6:03 PM) : 

very cool, love the pants

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting