This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Tan & Silver, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Street....Tan & Silver, Milano

Comments on "On the Street....Tan & Silver, Milano"

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:42 AM) : 

hmm.. I like her shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Nice jacket - I wish she would have chosen jeans to go with it.

 

Blogger Nor said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Golly, this is genius. Perfect proportion. Or is it imperfect? Whatever, it is balanced and beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

One of my all-time favorites. She is perfect head to toe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I dont get those trousers, are they meant to be ankle swingers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

i hate each piece separately, but together, they create a FABULOUS silhouette. textbook smart dressing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I love the jacket here and it goes nicely with the grey polo-neck but not to sure about the trousers in that shade.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:09 AM) : 

OK! She clearly went for weight and texture, and combine not-so-great items to result in a smashing outfit. The almost brocade jacket next to the plain cotton slacks- no belt as to maintain a straight line from torso to legs. So we have the heavy texture, the plain dress chino, and the grubby wool turtleneck. It works as there is only one print, and different weights. I am not so sure about the black hose/stockings, but then I am unable to suggest anything better. Love the shoes! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Great look from the waist up and turtleneck & jacket go well with her coloring! But those pants & shoes look as if she hasn't yet made the seasonal transition. Angela in Santa Barbara

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Very '80s

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

great color combo, i appreciate that they are both muted neutrals - tan & silver. yet the shoes pop. very doable.

 

Blogger Gia said ... (12:14 PM) : 

it's a clean look...i like the jacket and her shoes!great choice!

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (12:28 PM) : 

on her, this is just the cutest look. so unexpected & unbalanced, yet it works on her slim frame. i wonder if she's petite like me; if so, maybe i could pull off such a look...

 

Blogger måsh måsh said ... (12:58 PM) : 

oh the chloe boots.. so hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

OK, I like the total package, and especially the way it echoes (or is echoed by) the background.

What I want to question is the repeating comment about how it looks "so 80's". Is there anything that doesn't look "so 80's"? There are almost no shots that don't have some variation of that comment!

I think I missed the 80's since I was busy with a newborn, finishing my masters and looking for a place to live, so I wore whatever was in my closet and clean. So if someone can address this issue and answer my questions I'd be most appreciative.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Nice, but that jacket makes her look older for years. A warmer day? so it would be perfect!

 

Blogger CULTURE CREATORS said ... (1:29 PM) : 

FANTASTIC! and under-played.


CC

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I like it.


the pants are great with the shoes.

effortless

 

Blogger Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said ... (5:40 PM) : 

I love the warm colors in this photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

I want to know her

 

Blogger ellastica said ... (4:43 AM) : 

she radiates a quiet confidence.
the contrasting sleeve lengths, conveys a childish 'i've outgrown my clothes' naiveté, while the formality of the jacket and heels, gives an air of grown-up sophistication.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

I love her jacket in combination with the turtleneck, but I think the shoes are not the best choice for the oufit. I would also prefer a more classic bag. I do adore her pants.
What is she holding?

Thank you Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

A smile is the best accessory to tie an outfit together. She looks like a very kind woman who happens to dress well.

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (10:53 AM) : 

love her style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I absolutely love her style, especially her shoes whici are are great.
Of course her slim figure makes it possible. A shorter or bigger person would not be able to pull it off so easily.
But isn't this the case at all times ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Unique style...eye-catching and confident. The imperfection of it makes it, actually--works well on her. She's very natural, no makeup yet stylish in a whimsical, slightly eccentric way...It works. Igad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Very very nice shoses!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

whole look is a very fresh concept with fabulous vintage-like elements

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Different pants, different pants....big, flowing pants might work...or, hey: how about PANTALOONS? They'll be coming back in, you mark my words....so will aprons, both on the runway and off. Whacked-out shoes....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Somehow I can't see beauty in her shoes considering the rest...I would wear dark flat ones.. no heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I hate her paints, and I think her hair could be better, but the rest is very good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

i haver totally have these shoes. they are a chloe knock off from forever xxi. luvs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

the jacket and the shoes are fantastic, but I'm not sure about the pants.

 

Blogger Sosie said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I love it. i mean the quarter-sleeve sweater is very coco chanel or gwen stefani's lamb. But her hair complete it... it gives her a very complementary,warm look.-Sosie from
www.sosiesblog.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

This is not Milan man!! this is Bologna, via Mascarella!!

 

Blogger Louise said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I like the simplicity of the outfit. The turtleneck looks so comfortable. The blazer makes the outfit interesting. The bag and shoes add to the overall quality without distracting from the main focus. I love this style of bag that you can wear across your body- very practical for a working woman or a student.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting