This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Milan, Italy

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, December 04, 2008

On the Street....Milan, Italy



Comments on "On the Street....Milan, Italy"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 AM) : 

like her eyebrows...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Two more cell phones... How much fashionable people seem to talk!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

looooooove it. this is exactly my current style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

these girls weare some kind of socks?i wonder the temperature in this days e, and i can't imagine having my feet uncover with something!
anyway, she's very fancy!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (8:51 AM) : 

wow, black from phone-to-toe! What I wouldn't give to have her figure! Dressed so simply yet the effect is gorgeous!

 

Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said ... (8:51 AM) : 

is that Twiggy reincarnated?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Fantastic! She has an amazing face and charisma. Her clothes look so soft and nice, while at the same time sharp and elegant. The interesting thing about this look is that it wouldn't be half as good on another person. The look is just perfect for her.

 

Blogger Nare said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I love the total black look is so elegant!!

kiss

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

She is beautiful, but so austere that she is also intimidating. I would be a little scared to talk to her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

is that a pea coat w/ leggings? brrrrr...she must have been cold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I don't find anything extraordinary in her outfit - she looks great in it, of course, but it's nothing I haven't seen in a UK shopping centre on a Saturday afternoon.

I love this shot, though. Her wary expression, and the almost androgynous effect of her exaggerated brows and eye makeup, are fascinating.

 

Blogger May Kasahara said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Love those buttons AND love the eyebrows.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Beautiful look and another great photo, one of those that implies a whole story all by itself with a just few perfect elements. One for the book (I hope)?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I love this picture :)

 

Blogger . . . said ... (9:50 AM) : 

This reminds me to feel less guilty about the times I wear all black and no color.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Love the look!

The heavy brow make a very masculine look.

Is that just me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Cell phones has got to go.

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Hmm I'm actually not a fan of this. It's just not...impressive. Her face is fantastic but I feel like her outfit just loses her.

...but mostly I've just always wanted to be the first comment.

 

Blogger Carla H said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I've been reader of this blog for months it's time that u form part of my links list :)
xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

are we still not over the leggings-as-pants phenomenon?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

A bit of a snorgasbored.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:11 AM) : 

funny thing is that this man in the background is doing the same thing.

cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

is that imogen morris-clarke?

 

Blogger Linda said ... (11:27 AM) : 

i like the simplicity

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

bella ragazza,nice and soft

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I think this is beautiful! Exactly what I would be wearing if I was brave enough to go outside in this grizzly british weather :)

I love the natural style of her face and hair. Complete simple elegance. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

When I look at this, I see an agitated waif. I'm sure it has its merits, but in the end, it's a model wearing staple black clothes. The whole look could be from forever 21.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Seems to be missing something, like a skirt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I love her style. I think she looks great, and it's something you could wear on everyday errands. I also like the brows. I am so sick of overplucked brows that this is kind of refreshing.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (12:07 PM) : 

ok.. I love a nice strong defined brow, but damn. Those are bold! She pulls it off though, with her demanding style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Could cell phones be the cigarettes of the 21st century? Hazardous to your health? Good manners to go outside when using? Comforting to grab when you are alone in a crowd, a way to feel less self-conscious about being alone?

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

My first thought was "Twiggy!" (updated, of course). I love this girl's look - everything from her eyebrows to the all black (which appears to be good quality). There is an easy elegance to her look, not everyone can pull it off so well. I wonder if her shopping bag is Wolford (they use the white ribbon). And, a great photo overall - her serioius expression and the men in the background.

 

Blogger kalyah alaina f. said ... (12:53 PM) : 

leggings are sick, i see 60 girls dressed like that around my schools campus.

... but i do love her eyebrows.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:58 PM) : 

another example that less is always MORE !
Great detail concerning the extra-large buttons...

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (1:15 PM) : 

i like the pyramid effect of the coat's buttons. it's all in the details.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

When did fake eyebrows become a thing?

 

Blogger M said ... (1:36 PM) : 

If I could look like that in a pea coat and leggings, I would wear that outfit every day.

But the eyebrows -- no, no, no!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I love her coat! i like the way her hairstyle complements her outfit. this photo goes to show to that if you wear all black, silhouette is the defining element. My only concern is that she looks as if she is about to burst into tears! Didn't she want her photo taken by The Sartorialist? Doesn't she know how many people would give their right arm to have that honour??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Forget the look, been there. Photo is great. All in black with the white bag in her hand, man in background in black with white phone. This is why I come to this site to see shots like this. bravo

dfrancis

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Why is there so much communicating going on and so little communication? This picture says a lot without audible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

She's cute, but the look is an unremarkable office look. Sure it's elegant and smart, but it was the look that every posh young woman had in the '80s, and it's not remarkable enough to be retro. I have been enjoying the revivals of fashions from my youth, but this is basically something that never went away.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

great hair/makeup.

if she wasn't so physically beautiful this look would pretty much be dead.

 

Blogger Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Yeah, I can see why some think this is typical...but it almost always works. Clean lines, quirky accents..(the lg. buttons on the jacket) classic elements, (ballet shoes) I love it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

VERY CHIC !

 

Blogger Aussie said ... (6:37 PM) : 

aww this is cute

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Love all the comments about the mobile(s)... I suspect that may be one of the reasons why you put this pic up? ;-)

I do like this pic despite the mobile(s): I like to believe there's a story here-- something dramatic going on between this beautiful girl and the man behind her; there's a sense of urgency in her beautiful but pensive face. Eludes to a possible scene in some espionage film. I love this...

PLO

 

Blogger Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said ... (7:38 PM) : 

olala! I like her style, it's so simple and it seems very comfortable but also beautiful. The photo is also great!

 

Blogger xxxx said ... (9:04 PM) : 

this is an unremarkable and impractical outfit but i love the way her eyes are done.

 

Blogger The Stalwart Tree said ... (9:46 AM) : 

beautiful silhouette - love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

My coat! last winter Zara coat by the way...

Anyway, I can't believe she is alive without socks on!!!

 

Blogger daltonmc said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Normally I just comment on the person clothes, but this picture.

The all-black outfit mixed with her sadness:

Beautiful.

--d.mc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

My coat too! I have just the same! ;)
Great photo, she's mistery in person...

 

Blogger Matilde said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I'm trying to figure out what's so amazing about her besides her eyebrows.

 

Blogger fashionfatwa said ... (3:04 PM) : 

beautifully lopsided.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Is she Dolores Doll?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

It's really simple but I like it. I never wear all black, but she's put together a good outfit; I would wear sth like this...
I don't think it would work out if the clothes were another colour. Even if they were all the same colour.

 

Blogger ___________ said ... (8:15 PM) : 

she is SO cute
but stern!

I love the shape black gives her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

This look seems a little dated-- 2 years ago maybe something I'd photograph, but now it's what my 15 year old sister in Michigan wears to high school.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

Top half - fabulous coat, bag, hair and eyebrows. The rest - unbelievably ordinary.

I'm concerned about her expression - not bad news I hope.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

very elegant without necessarily being expensive, but in terms of recreating.... i thought tights were not pants?

 

Blogger shemtov said ... (9:21 PM) : 

her eyebrows are exceptional! reminds me of audrey hepburn!!!
she looks scared though, which is most unlike audrey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

The photo beautiful

 

Blogger L' art pour art... said ... (3:53 AM) : 

oh god...she looks exactly like twiggy!!

 

Blogger Evelyn said ... (10:02 AM) : 

i love this combination..all black is always great, won't go wrong.

 

Blogger Alex said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I LOVE this picure - it's Italy Style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

she's beautiful, and the outfits lovely, i agree it wouldn't really work in different colours...but must say overall just kind of boring? makes me say meh and shrug

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (10:07 PM) : 

I love the little ballerina shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

I feel like the two cellphoners are talking to eachother and don't even know it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

He's got an interesting look. Very androgynous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

who is she? is she a model?

 

Blogger Holly Brindley said ... (4:05 AM) : 

beautiful outfit and i would like to steal her legs :)

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Is that Natalia Vodianova? Looks kind of like her, no?

 

Blogger Style High said ... (2:45 AM) : 

Simple and chic. You can't go wrong with black on black, especially in the combination of the ageless flats and leggings. The delicate flare in her pea coat almost poses as a dress. The large buttons top the refined ensemble perfectly!

 

Blogger Mlle-Prekopova said ... (5:54 AM) : 

She looks stunning !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

timeless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

I love the eyebrows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

i'm pretty sure that she is a model... leaving a show, which is why she has such intense makeup on.
incredibly beautiful.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 AM) : 

she is sexy!!!

 

Blogger Alisa said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I think this photograph is amazing! Great perspective, symmetry, the fact that the images are in such pointed anti- communication with each other...wonderful!
the twiggy throwback is beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

To those who are saying the look is "last season" (or perhaps 2 seasons ago) or uninteresting, I can only say that style is all about what works for YOU. This look WORKS for her - she looks stunning. It might look trendy, or boring, or uninspired on someone else, but she looks as if she were designed to dress like this. It suits the weather, it suits her mood, it suits her legs - It is pure fashion, as fashion is meant as a personal statement - its all about what works for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

To those who are saying the look is "last season" (or perhaps 2 seasons ago) or uninteresting, I can only say that style is all about what works for YOU. This look WORKS for her - she looks stunning. It might look trendy, or boring, or uninspired on someone else, but she looks as if she were designed to dress like this. It suits the weather, it suits her mood, it suits her legs - It is pure fashion, as fashion is meant as a personal statement - its all about what works for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

When are you going to London to photograph? I think London will bring your portfolio je ne sais quoi.

 

Blogger kate cait sith said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I love this. And thank GOD. Be gone, overplucked eyebrows! Full eyebrows FTW... seriously.

 

Blogger harryshouldnotblog said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Her name is Sophie Srej. She's a model.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I love this! Milan is my city!
I'm an italian fashion victim..
I do shopping in Galleria, via Vittorio Emanuele, via della Spiga..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

Beatfull this lady im black!!!
The best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

She looks great! Lovely figure too.

 

Blogger Louise said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Would this still work if she had dark hair? Or is the all black outfit "saved" from looking too depressing because she has blondish hair? Anyways, I agree she pulls it off nicely.

 

Blogger acerrime said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Almost androgynous? Facially, I couldn't tell. Wasn't sure until I hit the legs.

 

Anonymous Hank Freid said ... (1:42 AM) : 

Italy is beautiful country. I have visited there with my family & it is absolutely fantastic tour for us

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting