This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Da Hair, Moscow

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the Street....Da Hair, Moscow


In a city full of mullets (and I don't mean the cute or ironic kind) this was one of the few men who had a haircut I could reasonably relate to.

Comments on "On the Street....Da Hair, Moscow"

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (10:42 AM) : 

He's excellent. Everyone having such a lock looks 10 years younger than he is really, this one looks like a teenager^^

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

He looks a bit like he's dressed for winter from the waist up and spring from the waist down, but I like the proportions. The extra militarized and chunky pea coast really works on him. Wish he had tied a different color scarf with it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

interesting jacket. i love the cropped double breasted look that's been surfacing over the last few seasons. this one has a little twist witht the breast pocket(s). the double breasted silhouette makes the military aesthetic look more elegant and a little less eurotrash. i can't comment on the hair because i'm not an expert.

 

Blogger The Fashionist.se said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Igor...always well dressed...Ciao from Fosco

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Ya, sure. I can relate to what you are saying. I just met a Russian guy a while ago, he had a mullet. I was all giggly, then I found out he was a hockey player, so it made (more) sense.
Love the color of the hair in the picture. And the clothes seem to carry a sort of military connotations, no doubt a Russian "trait" as well. So this, to me, is a portrait of a character. Not to misjudge the nation by a single outfit and haircut though..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

they guy looks very Russian, I like the big scarf

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Its color is also nice with the scarf, and I like the coat and the touch of bright blue sweater. I think the proportions, textures and colors are all good here. Great casual look for the street.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Nice all-round look, too! Very crisp little jacket, love the blue and brown combo and the way his scarf works with his hair colour. Lovely. But if it's a mullet, does this mean it's long in the back? Bleh. Maybe he could keep his back to the wall all the time!

 

Blogger ERman said ... (11:16 AM) : 

owh I hope I have the courage to pull that off. But everybody in Tokyo seems to have that kind of haircut nowadays.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (11:17 AM) : 

half head shaved?
i'm feelin it.
part skin-head, part whimsical
love the dichotomy

*bisous*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Distinctive. Brave. Unapologetic. Unique and true style.

 

Blogger Flavor said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Oh gosh, I wanna go back there, I miss Moscow so much. I love the pic, by the way, he looks so... russian!


xXx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

yummy! + and his coat fits him perfectly!! (makes me sad for a coat I once had and lost)

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:41 AM) : 

From this angle his hair looks great.

I dig the clothes. It's how I like to dress during those arctic-like Santa Monica winters.

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (11:47 AM) : 

i like his haircut; really suits him. it looks more like a modified mohawk than a (gasp!) mullet, though.
this look is very appealing to me, from the unexpected color combo to the jacket style..not to mention his expression.
what a great shot!

 

Blogger Kevin Stupfel said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I like the unique proportion between the sleeves and the length of the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

This man is beautiful. He's dressed perfecly for his frame and colouring - i love the blue, black and warm brown - the haircut works so well with his interesting, intelligent face. Great background, lovely photo.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I heart the jacket, I would wear this myself...like his style...yes !
And it does not look that classic just because of his haircut !
Living on the edge ...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Love the scarf, the jacket, the peek of bright blue underneath, and the hair.

 

Blogger A.Rane said ... (12:43 PM) : 

hey ange, someone stole your kid's cut!

i love the way he tied the scarf and that little shock of blue coming from under the coat...great touches.

 

Blogger Randy Wylde said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I love the jacket and the glimpse of bright blue sweater poking out. NSM about the hair - looks good from this angle, but I'm not sure about the other side. Could end up with a "Travis Bickle" vibe.

 

Blogger Rita said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Hehe, I have never been to Russia, but I have noticed among the Russians in New York this strange mullet they sport. The Russian Mullet my friends and I simply call it. And then also a very strange blend between the mullet and a faux-hawk...

I really like what he is wearing.

 

Blogger mockumentary said ... (1:36 PM) : 

he has beautiful hair color. it's not the same, but nearly the same as his scarf. there's also a likeness among the three blues - why his outfit is an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Can't say I'm in love with the hair, but the wardrobe's nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

call me old fashioned, but i can't get excited about brown and black together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Funky chic casual. It suits him. Beautiful jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

I love his coat

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (3:26 PM) : 

The ultimate balance of class and edginess, the blue is what tops it off. I WANT THAT JACKET!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I love the colors, proportions and the look very much, but I don't like the hair...sorry.

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Tres bien. I love that scarf with the punch of blue sticking out from underneath that great jacket. Just all around excellent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Never mind his hair, I love the scarf coat and shirt. Simple and beautiful.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

"In city full of mullets..."

That sounds all too familiar.

Love the blue peeking out at the bottom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Really? The hair? It looks like a mistake to me especially in a Russian winter - br-r-r.
The hair COLOR? and the clothing is nice. Proportion and colors are lovely. And he doesn't look angry...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I love the unusual colours.

The haircut and shape of his face also looks quite like Tintin don't you think?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Love the jacket. Beautifully tailored in (I assume) quality wool with a stylish lining. Yummy.

So the hair is a buzz cut on the left and a longer cut on the right - or is it just long on top? I am curious to see how the lengths integrate at the back. From this angle I think it looks marvellous.

So far nobody has mentioned the cute little chin dimple! Delightful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

hi
I do like this chunky sharp peae jacket. The ideal proportion.. the silhouette look young and tough; The touch of blue illuminate the whole look.
I am dubitative about the brown scarf, it doesn't match with anything... rather dull.
But nobody is perfect...
He caught up this error with his hairstyle.. great.
La Brigade de la Mode
Paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Nice combination of colours. The scarf is the main focus and places emphasis on the face.

Not sure about the trouser though. Should have the same deep black of the jacket in my point of view.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Is there really a such thing as a "cute" mullet?

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Love the photo, and love the jacket!
Too many times, I've heard from friends 'that jacket looks more like women's wear'
So be it. It's all about the details, and so many menswear designers today, offer designs that serve up something challenging and new.
Love it!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:27 PM) : 

his coat!! it's amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 AM) : 

It's so crazy, but the right half of this guy's face (his right) looks exactly like that of Zach Braff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

Great look !
Althow, it takes some balls to sport such a haircut in a business life.
After having long hair I have finally decided to chop it all off. Not quite extreme as the photo, but pretty short back and sides, top a little longer. I find that when you are really dressed, with tie ... it gives a edgy look, especially since my hair is turning white/grey.
The shorter you go, the more you want it cut !!! who knows where I will get.
my very best and thanks for such a good site .

 

Blogger spiceamI said ... (8:28 AM) : 

He looks great.. a Romper Stomper meets the neo classical look, with the haircut and cropped jacket - I can see someone like David Beckham pulling off this look just as well. I would love to see his shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

i like his haircut!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I don't like that kind of hair. O,no it's bad!

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I hope there's not a mullet hiding beneath his scarf . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Very nice, love the short jacket with the big scarf! And the buttons and pockets on the jacket also..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

So cool how the jacket appears too short but the sleeves are really long. I love that. His hair is most excellent as it shows off his beautiful Russian forehead and dimpled chin!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:20 AM) : 

He looks like Dolph Lundgren in a film. I think it's called "The Scorpion!"
I tried it too, about 12 years ago. It looked quite funny...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

His haircut is nothing special (well, maybe it is for Moscow, but not for NYC) but I have to say that he's dressed a lot better than other men from Moscow I've seen on your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

His whole look is reasonable. Very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

You know how in "Jackass" they were sneaking up on each other with clippers, and giving the victim effed up haircuts?

This is, like, a highly stylised version of the Jackass cut.

 

Blogger SARA RUBIN said ... (8:39 PM) : 

I think he looks great. His look is classic with a bit of edge. Stylish, warm and looking good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 AM) : 

I would like to know what my fellow sartorialists think about some new haircut options. I did the faded mohawk last year and I'm looking for something new maybe a cut similar to Kanye West's current haircut. I'm getting tired of the same ceasar. Help.

 

Blogger Emma said ... (7:41 AM) : 

How come I never meet those guys in Moscow ?
Anyway love the picture and the proportions of his outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

perfect hais cut, rebel but stylish and original

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

My Goodness. He really is just lovely, isn't he? The hair is fantastic on him. And everything else is right too. The cropped jacket flatters his thin frame, the little bit of blue shirt peeking out from underneath is just the right flash of color. And the brown scarf compliments his lovely features wonderfully. I just want to eat him up.

 

Blogger The Hut said ... (8:53 AM) : 

really nice, not only his hair though. It's in general just very well-fitted.

 

Blogger Calachie = Fashion said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Love the cut of this jacket with the touch of blue, so simple yet chic.

 

Blogger Paradis said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Russian men are amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

It is all about the waistline really... Delicious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

this style i like, too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Help guys and gals...the jacket - who's it from? Anyone? Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

hot!

/jaz

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM) : 

that coat is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

The coat is indeed wonderful! The whole package is quite great

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:58 AM) : 

Love the burst of colour... and the coat is amazing!... not so sure about the hair style though! I'm very anti Mullet lol

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting