This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Aya 2, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, December 01, 2008

On the Street.... Aya 2, NYC



Comments on "On the Street.... Aya 2, NYC"

 

Blogger sadia said ... (7:09 AM) : 

drool @ the bag!

 

Blogger Agnès said ... (7:13 AM) : 

Both classy and casual with just the right dose of eccentricity. And the important final touch: comfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

i love here DM's, it works in a random way

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (7:16 AM) : 

Nice style. You can see she is doing just her own thing, but still keeping it very fashionable. Chapeau.

 

Blogger M. said ... (7:18 AM) : 

love the floral printed shoes, gold mulberry bag and dress. the green polka dot coat seems to fit, but really, the headband/gold necklace seems to have overdone it and pushed over the edge. otherwise, could've been a GREAT outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

cute

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (7:30 AM) : 

Love the metallic ensamble!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

cute

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 AM) : 

I like her Bayswater in bronze. Her eyes finish the look.
'She's got the look'.

Thank you Sart.

 

Blogger Rita said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Wow, this is probably one of my favorite looks ever. I love the colors, the fabrics all look so nice, and her ability to ditch very predictable heels and opt for those shoes instead... I love it!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (7:49 AM) : 

Great outfit! It seems to me she captured the spirit of Prada's brocade shine for Spring '09, for what hopefully is a fraction of the price. I have seen a few Mulberry bags on the street, and I think their patent leather is superb. I love how she manages to pair 2 shiny fabrics with a metallic handbag and manages to pull it off. I am sure we will see comments on the Doc Martens also. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:56 AM) : 

OH MY!! I had a pair of Doctor Martens exactly like that when I was a grunge teenager!!
Also another pair of red plaid ones!!

They got lost on a removal and since then I've been desperately looking for them

Any help? PLEASEEE

I'm in Spain so if you know where to purchase them through the internet even better

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

but i do love the metallic mulberry with the silky grey dress but oh dear ...it just looks wrong on her

 

Blogger f2images said ... (8:14 AM) : 

Pulled together look, with a touch of whimsey. Love it!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (8:17 AM) : 

It looks more like a Late Summer or Spring combo, but it is lovely! The dress + jacket look so beautiful together. Where are they from? The head band is also very interesting. Perhaps the bag is too fancy... Somehow it pulls the other items back.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (8:25 AM) : 

so cute. I love the shoes, the Doc Martins work with this. I am usually not a fan of them.

I be it is because they are completely laced.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Great shot--illustrates that a smile is the best accessory to almost every outfit. Shows that you are comfortable and having fun.
Her shiny effervescence contrasts well with the brick and concrete backgrounds. Nice one, Mr. Sart.

Hope you had a great holiday. I always took forward to your blog updates.

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Now this is working. Lace-up shoes add a fresh, young & unexpected punch. She pulls it off by adding a patterned headband in similar colors. She looks put-together but not boring. Reminds me of something Agyness Deyn would wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I adore this look. Normally the top or bag would be the focus or the item that pops in a outfit but her boots gives the outfit another exciting edge and adds more of a visual interest. I can dig it baby!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

love her choice of footwear!

 

Blogger dysscordia said ... (9:41 AM) : 

i love the bag and how she dares to wear it with those funky shoes... pretty ensemble

 

Blogger Anne said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Her floral Doc Martens are so charming! They make the outfit.

 

Blogger Jane Street said ... (10:00 AM) : 

So summery for Nov./Dec. in New York.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

She is adorable.

Love the metallic tone to the overall color mix. And the irreverent shoes work fine given her youth, and the simplicity she kept in the rest of the look.

 

Blogger X said ... (10:29 AM) : 

perfect!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

LOVE the dr. martins with this look... one of the only times I have seen them not look too clunky or agressive.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:42 AM) : 

interesting mix of all outfit and shoes!

very tokio style)

 

Blogger Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I love her nail varnish, shoes, and bag. she's just so cute but stylish! and I really miss wearing Dr. Martens... I used to have so many!

 

Blogger PageAndLeaf said ... (10:58 AM) : 

she is so cute! and dr martens looks great with that dress, i will try a combination like this one. nice bag too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Fantastic! I love her floral Docs.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I like the bag.

 

Blogger tal said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Dear Santa,
Please bring me that bag for Christmas!

Love it!

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (11:25 AM) : 

why is she the coolest?
not a huge fan of docs
but the rest is sublime!

 

Blogger The CockTails said ... (11:25 AM) : 

FIRST! :)

those boots send this outfit from "just cute" to "fashion risk-taker"

absolutely love all of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

AHHHH
she is adorable!

 

Blogger thwany said ... (11:27 AM) : 

cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

She looks like she has fun getting dressed and I completely endorse this aproach. She also does it in a very particular way, which i think is essencial... specially when you're not 13 anymore. Aya San! Anata no style yo aishiteirunda!

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Not a fan of the shoes at all (though would look awesome at my Nineties Party) but I like how she made satin wearable for day. That's something I'm always trying to figure out!

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Hey at last!
Nice combination of metallic colours/ surfaces, bronce, silver, green-golden....broken by the flower-doc martens and her pink fingernails.I think her legs disappear perfectly in her boots!
She has a positive aura!

 

Blogger Lemming Lime said ... (12:33 PM) : 

cute.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Love her clothes and bag and her flowery Dock Martens but not on this outfit ...
She has such great legs, she should have worn something with a high(er) heel - something strong yet elegant...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Definetely very cool! I love the dress coat worn casually, and I love the girly pinaforey dress worn with sneakers- the effect should be reminiscant of a playground, yet there is a very grown up and sophisticated undertone. It's really lovely!
I'm liking the bag, too! What do you readers think of the Bayswater? I'm thinking of getting one in oak for my eighteenth, since my requirement of a new laptop far out-measures my desire for a Chanel =[

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

I like everything except those boots. They don't work--I wish to never see boots like those again with dainty feminine dresses like the one she is wearing (which is beautiful by the way). I get the theoretical dainty/tough juxtaposition--but the aesthetics don't work for me.

She has a wonderful smile though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Love the floral Docs!
This is an example of great personal style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Aya looks great. She has a beautiful, infectious smile! the structured gold bag gives the whole outfit a kick and i love those boots.

 

Blogger ETL said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Love love love the floral Doc's & metallics =]

 

Blogger Mo said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Nice style, simple yet eye-catching. I couldn't help but notice that she appeared multiple times on this website. Who is she? Any interesting facts?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I remember those boots from the 80s and my friend threatened to wear them to her brother's wedding w/ a bridesmaids dress...Like the jacket, dress and bag. The colors are shiney in a subdued kind of way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

minus the boots, she looks beautiful! love that grey dress especially.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

I like her shoes!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

those flowered doc martens add a nice sense of whimsy to an otherwise very feminine, rather conservatice look.

she looks amazing, happy, vibrant and fresh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

this outfit could be dressed up or down depending on the shoes but I think the shoes shes wearing here give it a nice touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

i love her bag! any ideas where it's from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

wahoooo!
i have a pair of those very hard to get Docs and my daughter has a matching set. it is nice to see them without jeans or black.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Love the mix of metallics!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

love the smile the most!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

I discovered The Sartorialist about a month ago and I absolutely love it, so inspiring,it's helped me wear my existing wardrobe in new ways, instead of rushing out to buy new clothes, which must be a good thing in these credit crunch times! What I notice is that it is the people wearing them that make the clothes work, and this lady looks so lovely because her personality shines through, and is reflected in her outfit. She just looks adorable. She has also made a lot of effort with everything,I particularly like her pink nails! It all works on her, because she appears such an attractive person - and she has really nice brown legs! Anyway, it's nice to know there are lots of people out there who take pleasure in their clothes...

 

Blogger Remah said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Whoa! I love how she mixed metallic with gold. I love her purse. Very chic.

Remah

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

that bag is amazing!
and so are her shoes!
what a cute smile she has... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

She looks like she's living a happy life - so charming!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Sweet. I wish i knew people like this.

 

Blogger cloudy said ... (8:50 PM) : 

She is so cool!!!!

Again, I don't think I could pull off that bag and shoes with the rest of the outfit, myself, but she does it with so much panache.

Love the way she combines the tones and textures of the fabrics of the dress and the coat and then puts it together with Doc Martens!!!

She's starting to become my style icon.

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (10:00 PM) : 

this girl always puts a smile on my face!

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Adorable outfit! At first, I thought that the blue and green clashed a bit, but upon closer inspection I really like it. I love the metallic feel of it all.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:20 PM) : 

hotness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

I ♥ ♥ ♥ her Doc Martens!

 

Blogger barb. said ... (3:38 AM) : 

cute... so not only highheels are acceptable????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 AM) : 

Oh I love this. I also love the fact that she is smiling otherwise she could've ended up looking like every other Peaches Geldof type of girl that tries too hard to be cool. She is lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

she is lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I used to wear the same DMs. That was about 15 years ago though. But they suit her perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

I hate her shoes with this outfit, but the rest is lovely:) I like the colour combo and the shiny fabrics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

love her doc martins <3<3<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

If you cover the shoes and just look at what is above them, or cover up all of her but the shoes, then suddenly pull your hand off the monitor and get the whole image either way it is a surprise ending; one that is at once silly and self-assured and very cheerful. The one thing I would change for her is to take some of the stuff out of her bag; it is so heavy it makes her lean. She is such a beauty that most any garment would be improved by proximity to her gorgeous face and her knowledge of how best to wear it.

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Fun, approachable, but also comes off as knowing what she's doing in this life.

 

Blogger creative cookie said ... (9:48 PM) : 

Love the outfit. The painted nails finish the outfit off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Ah Giovanni! Bellissimmooooooo!

 

Blogger Butterball said ... (10:37 AM) : 

yes! love aya!

 

Blogger Nicholas said ... (3:44 PM) : 

OH MY GOD THE SHOES!!!! <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I had those exact same Docs in the ninth grade! I'm calling my mother to unearth them from the basement and ship them to me immediately!

 

Blogger jensenn said ... (6:49 AM) : 

the shoes are so random. but nice!

but look at the expression on her face. so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I love the shoes !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 AM) : 

i want those docs so bad!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (3:02 PM) : 

She looks so sweeet!

 

Blogger J.Yo said ... (1:55 AM) : 

she just know how to combine some doc martens with real chic outfits and an elegant bag.
i love LOVE Aya's style.

 

Blogger Emily said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Augh! I had those Docs in high school and wore them to death.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

Well she looks adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Aya is the coolest!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Pretty nice....but decide on either the bag or the shoes, but not both. Wearing them both at once takes away the effect of them both (I could forgive her the clown-shoes, if only she'd lose the bag).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Can someone please tell me where I can find these boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

fabulosooooo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

HEY~aya~It is Jessica! Vogue internship! U are still cool!

 

Blogger About Me said ... (1:39 PM) : 

I love her Docs. I wonder if she painted them herself.

 

Blogger bonafidesassy said ... (6:15 PM) : 

i am lovin` this outfit, from the mix of colors to the detailing and style of the dress and jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 AM) : 

nope she didnt paint them herself, i used to have those docs when i was about 12... they're beauts... i so didnt appreciate how cool there were back then!

 

Anonymous the new yawka said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Sweet and original. Change the shoes for evening and you have a very versatile look. The color palette is marvelous.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting