This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

What I love about Carine

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What I love about Carine


I love that Carine is always happy to stop and talk or have her picture taken with her fans.

Carine shows a genuine interest - Carine asked this young lady where she was from.

The girl walked away just beaming.

Comments on "What I love about Carine"

 

Blogger viv said ... (10:28 AM) : 

just amazing. she is such a beautiful person.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:32 AM) : 

i would pee myself if i ever met her

and how incredible she'll even pose for the classic one-arm-let's-hope-i-don't-crop-our-heads-off shot

la classe française

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

A really great woman, sooo different from Ana Wintour, probably partly due to the fact that her parents being a russian and a french...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Great shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Carine Roitfeld rocks! And she's the best vogue editor, in a league of her own. what a good story to go with your cool photo. look at her outfit -elegant, edgy, inspiring, perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Who's Carine?

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:03 AM) : 

She's great!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (11:05 AM) : 

thats really great!
You should not be too proud, even if you are Carine)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I have a picture of Carine and her children in my apartment and on my desk at work. I have two young children (a boy and a girl)and and they're aspiring artists. I am moving to Paris with them. They will be studying art history, photography and film there. When I need strength I look at the picture. Carine is an amazing woman and mother.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:29 AM) : 

She's simply incredible.

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (11:44 AM) : 

it takes that kind of character to be so beautiful on the outside.

How lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

That's neat. Thanks for reporting. I'm now a fan of Carine.

 

Blogger FASHION CHALET said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Makes me love her just that much MORE! :)

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (12:29 PM) : 

more people should be like her!

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Seriously? hahaha I just turned in to a big fan! For me she was like 'Ok, I'm super fabulous and you're not, so don't touch me'. Great to know that she is a good person always friendly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

There's a reason why French Vogue remains at the top and leaves all the others in the dust, and the radiant Carine Roitfeld is one of the reasons (the other is the irrepressible Fabien Baron).

Simply put, she is pure style with a such a warm spirit and a smile that would launch a thousand ships.

I can understand why you always feature her Sart-- she's one of the rare individuals that epitomize the true spirit of The Sartorialist.

Thank you so much for sharing,
PLO

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (1:07 PM) : 

lovely woman ! Love the bag her admirer is wearing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

well appearently her personality is even more beautiful then herself <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

She's my fashion idol. She makes few mistakes and what a body for one over 50!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Just for people who think that the story is bullshit and she's definetely a phony person, or who just doubt it..

I met her once in the shop I used to work.

She looked perfectly pretentious and acted perfectly the opposite. Smily face with natural gestures. Quiet kind but in a fake way.

She was also quite motherly as she was there to pick up a coat that her son tried beforehand. She used his name several times while she was talking about him and chatted about how he likes a coat.

I dunno, it seemed very caring and warm to me, even she looks very superficial.

Above all things, being a good parent is the most stylish asset!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Carine is simply gorgeous. Her sense of enjoyment of life keeps her ever young.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

How do your come across such fantastic photo opportunities? I would have to walk around with a camera built into my forehead. Lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I love Carine Roitfeld. To me, she never seemed as untouchable and unapproachable as Anna Wintour. She's got better style too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

"i would pee myself if i ever met her"

textstyles: The funniest and most spontaneous comment ever!

PLO

 

Blogger saray said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I'd love to meet her one day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

To ask someone where they are from, is that to show genuine interest?

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Phenomenal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Jen ne sais quoi

That little something, a quality that eludes description.

 

Blogger Fashion_Loving_Stylist said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Carine is my Shero

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (8:22 PM) : 

That is dear and totally unexpected . . . I didn't imagine she'd be so warm and accessible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

She is just beautiful! Amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

I adore her, she is a superhero. Feminine, sexy, honest, brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

She really is incredible. I had no idea. And I'm not usually a fan of the bleached hair but as I see it with the close-up and her radiant smile I see how lovely she is. Oh and the outfit is TO DIE FOR. Just perfect.

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (1:42 AM) : 

she has an incredible air of human normality that just makes her absolutely great. she is a total rock star and behaves like a sweetheart, from what I've seen in photographs only. The energy around her is nice and positive

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (2:24 AM) : 

That's so nice to know that she is as warm as she comes across in photos, she seems genuine, with such a joie de vivre!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

I'm with Anon. 6:02 - she may be warm and genuine, but asking where someone is from is not a sign of that.

I love the many superimposed black shapes she's wearing here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 AM) : 

awww! i really admire her, now even more after reading this.

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (8:44 AM) : 

thanks for this. now i won't feel as intimidated to take a picture with her if i ever see her :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

to the Anonymous, mother of two who wrote about inspiration she takes from Carine...i love what you wrote...everytime i see her with her children i get the most positive thoughts and i think she's the best person to take inspiration from in that situation...

 

Blogger mette said ... (9:51 AM) : 

I´ve seen now so many pictures of Carine that I have started to really like her. She has so much more personality than her colleagues. A real trendsetter!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I sure hope that you offered to take a picture for them after you snapped this great one! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Is that an LV scarf Carine's wearing? Also, she doesn't normally like to carry a purse, but you can see a little black and gold one peeking out there.

 

Blogger Jaime Jun said ... (10:05 AM) : 

this makes me love her even more :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I generally rate her work with Vogue highly, but posing with a fan and asking where she's from whilst in front of an influential fashion blogger/photographer - well, I'll take that 'genuine interest' with a pinch of salt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

that's so refreshing to hear. despite her success in the industry, it's cool to hear that she can still relate to "regular joes" and not be too proud... a good role model!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:53 AM) : 

I do not know she was nice, that so refreshing!!!
Stylish, powerful and nice woman, I used to admire her but now I adore her!

 

Blogger Chekka Cuomova said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I love her and after seeing this picture, I love her more!

ooh God, I hope I could meet her in person someday!! huhuhu.. ^_^

 

Blogger Daša Lončarević said ... (10:21 PM) : 

She is incredible! Great shoot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

In my experience , limited as it is , the most famous and important are more often than not the most gracious persons .They recognise that they may be in that position ' by the grace of god ' and their fans / voters put them there .

It is true that those you meet on the way up you also may meet on the way down .

To be nice is a real virtue . And good breeding ( manners , attitude ,kindness etc ) as my mother used to say , can never be bought .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 AM) : 

no wonder she made it to some established (forgot the name) business magazine's list of influential people (even forgot the list,pardon me) and not anna.

 

Blogger brittny moore said ... (6:05 AM) : 

she is most glamorous. amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

love love loveee Carine

 

Blogger daniela flores said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Hey!, I´m the girl from the photo, she was really nice!!! she is just fabulous!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting