This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Those Shoes, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On the Street....Those Shoes, Milan

Comments on "On the Street....Those Shoes, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Looks like the same Shetland sweater from Rugby Ralph Lauren that I have.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Those shoes? We should better say those pants...

 

Blogger Enzo AGC said ... (9:35 AM) : 

This guy is fully decked out in Rugby!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Those shoes? What about those pants, the rolled cuffs, and the bit of purple peeking from his crew neck. Interesting twists on a casual, traditional look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Seems like the tasseled loafer is making a come back in the wardrobes of smartly dressed traditionally inclined men. They can look equally good with suits or more casual attire.

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (10:06 AM) : 

shoes and trousers are awesome. They almost fall into the house slippers category which is more and more popular these days. Did you see recent pictures of Briatore?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

its all about the tassel and fringe!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

This look is getting so tired and old . . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Brilliant - Milan by Nantucket by Northamptonshire.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Great shoes, with a good outfit. I thought critter pants were supposed to be a summer piece, yet it appears someone has taken them to a new level by embroidering cords. One thing: dress shoes should be polished!!! A little bit of neutral wax and edge dressing go a long way in between polishes, but then I always do my own at home!!! I do like the shoes. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Great pants, great shoes, but I think that gentleman was freezing without socks these days in Milan...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

This is classic - New England preppy in Italy! Why not? We rock their fashions. I dunno 'bout the "critter" pants, but I do like the shoes. My father has a similar pair from Brooks Brothers that he similarly sports w/out socks.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Nice shoes but really nice colour combination at then end...the only thing is the sweater is not that great, is it? I mean, might be cashmere or something, i'm sure, but the colour is quite regular...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Even though the title is "those shoes", I like everything BUT the shoes with this ensemble. The colors and textures are great together, yet I wish for a more sturdy shoe here - the no socks plus dress shoe is too delicate somehow for the roughness of the rest.

 

Blogger Raul Villalobos said ... (11:05 AM) : 

LOVE the shoes. Love the bangs. As for the rest.... looks everyday-ish. Sweater reminds of a Polo v-neck I have. Mine is looking pretty haggard, not really my color (of course after I've had it for two years).

Keep up the great work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

alden shoes in milan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

ah rugby, we hardly knew you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I like the pants and shoes - he pulls of a nice style, good color combination.

I really don't like the upper part. I have the feeling that the sweater does not fit well and somehow its color does not go with the pants. The pink polo does work for me either.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I wonder if anyone else ever feels a tinge of pride when the Sart holds up something they do everyday as something to be pointed out? I wear tassel loafers all of the time. I had them on last night with my jeans just because.

And I have have the Ralph lauren seersucker boat print pants that I wear like jeans. Luckily, I live in Vegas ,so, Seasons aren't an issue here. I do like his pants a lot. I have to say I hate the affected roll up thing going on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

those shoes could use a shine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Love the shoes ... but those trousers are pretty awful.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Only an Italian can get away with this...he looks 'huggable' to me...(hope I spelled that right...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

It almost looks like he is wearing shoes from two different pairs both the same color. The right one is square-toed, but the left one looks like a pointed toe. The left one also looks newer. I'm sure it's just the lighting - isn't it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I guess I'm not a learned person on great shoes. What about the shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Colour combo is supreme style. Look at the shape of the shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

i love these pants i have tryed j crews web syte but not on there any one got any ideas where i can find them thay look lush

 

Blogger Mo said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Who cares about the loafers, those pants were so distracting~!

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I would have gone cashmere Argyle with purple accents to really kick the shoes off but that's because I am a softy and can't brave the cold.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Oh my dear god.

I saw these pants in the Orvis catalogue and wondered who would wear them. Question answered.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Well the first thing I saw were the pants... I really like them, I'm curious what these little yellow 'spots' are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

I love his pants and his shoes. Great combo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Yes, who wouldn't want to travel to Milan to see a man with broken tassle loafers? I bet the shops are stocking up on this exciting new trend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

those shoes remind me of chocolate.

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (6:53 PM) : 

they look like pyjama pants but he wears them great :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

in LOVE! critter pants make me so happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Brooks Brothers used to make shoes very similar to that years ago. Might be a good time to revisit them.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (2:29 AM) : 

you mean those pants...what are those little symbols?

 

Blogger Diana said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Those pants are great.

Though the purble polo shirt is a very bold choise, but it is far enough from the pants...

he looks like Christian Audigier of Ed Hardy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 AM) : 

Scott, when are you dropping by to photograph us at the Rugby store?

 

Blogger Isao said ... (6:46 AM) : 

A little bit of ironing would have been nice. I have a pair of shoes just like those...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Great pants, sweet tassels!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Superb blend of Nantucket preppy and italian style. Also, did anyone notice the really bizarre optical illusion happening on this guys head? Looks like he has a face above his face??!
Anyway, I am moving to Rome next week and look forward to the eye candy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Really? some of you guys have never seen critter pants in real life?

those are not corduroy pants like someone said (just look at the back where they are rolled). but corduroys have been embroidered since forever, or "gameday pants" as many call them since they are popular at football games. so definitely not just a warm weather thing

also those tassel loafers are pretty standard BB fare

the un-prep sunglasses are an instant signal that this guy is just putting on a costume, he didnt grow up wearing that stuff.

 

Blogger Verity said ... (9:16 AM) : 

I'm all for being yourself... but some thing just look uncomfortable and doomed. show me this picture again in say 2012 and I think you will roar with laughter. Does anyone remember mullets ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I dig this guy's cuffed critter slacks--they look like sailing ships or something in that vein. Shirt collar in technicolor purple His sunglasses, wheat-color wool sweater and shoes are a hit in my book. The whole outfit is crisp and capable, socks or no socks! Great shot BTW, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Great colour and texture ansamble, although the sweater could have been a different hue for my taste, and those shoes look great mainly because of the lack of socks...
HOWEVER
First and foremost, as Jorge from W Palm Beach above also mentioned, to have shoes be a central piece in your outfit and for them to be so dingy and scuffed is simply being lazy.
Secondly all the clothing is too loose and untailored for my taste, giving a feel of untidyness and dingyness rather than of sharp casual.

-pomidor

 

Blogger Vintage Lollipops said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Those shoes... wait, I can't help but notice those pants!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:41 AM) : 

i would also say - those pants!!
looks so fun! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Those shoes appear to be color #8 shell cordovan (probably made by Alden), which do not take a high shine, but rather develop a rich burnished look with areas of lighter and darker hue. I can't see any dinginess or scuffs, other than typical wear on the toe of the sole. The whole point of these shoes is to let the patina develop with age and get them recrafted when the sole wears out. These are hardly run-down shoes, just well-worn ones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 PM) : 

My take is this: New England preppy is easy and boring unless there is some sort of mismatch. I would have liked to have seen more of the purple polo and definitely a brighter sweater. "Critter" pants work well with the look but the fit leaves a lot to be desired. They'd be great as a less tapered on his body type. Tasseled loafers, ugh! Sorry, Scott. I guess so. But they are generally pretty boring, uninspired footwear in my opinion. Though wearing them unpolished is the right way to keep the look casual. And I personally love not wearing socks in the winter. Reminds me of the warmer months and keeps my spirits up. Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Alden Shoes (Massachusetts) has manufactured Brooks Brothers's classic cordovan shoes (loafer, tassel slip on) for decades, or at least they did in the 70's and 80's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

I love those pants...any idea where I can find them? /Regards from Sweden...

 

Blogger Uncle Killa said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Why does Everyone keep attributing Preppy styles to New England, when Southern Gentry from Annapolis to Chapel Hill rocked those styles just as hard.

 

Blogger Uncle Killa said ... (11:00 AM) : 

They wore the same pants in Chapel Hill...just had ducks on'em instead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

mitico Carlo Alberto Pregnolozzo !

 

Blogger Rich said ... (3:49 AM) : 

Hooray for purple and red-violet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

I like his smile as well as his pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

my god, i didn't get it. I didn't get the colors, the shouls, tha pants, anything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

MAGNIFICO!!!

 

Anonymous principe di montenevoso said ... (8:34 AM) : 

fantastico!

 

Blogger Tannee said ... (7:33 AM) : 

what a laid back charm. nice.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting