This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Svetlana., Moscow

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On the Street...Svetlana., Moscow

Comments on "On the Street...Svetlana., Moscow"

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I do not really like her style and maybe it is because of the weather, but she does not look too happy...

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:28 AM) : 

The proportions and the layering are spot on. Gold shoes are awesome too. Another look for only the slim, but refreshing to look at. Fabrics look of high quality, did you find that Moscovites (sp?) tend to buy quality over quantity? Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Anne said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Her baggy pants are a bit more wearable than the previous dropped-crotch, MC Hammer-esque styles that seem to trendy there right now.

 

Blogger qiwy said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love this shoes!!!!
Big Kiss

 

Blogger catty said ... (9:32 AM) : 

tailored trousers, layerd sleeves, paisly scarf and the combination of grey and beige. Romantic.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (9:42 AM) : 

very effortless...
even too much, i would make some other hair...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

This is exactly how to do this season's monochrome looks - variation of textures, shades and a chic silk scarf that reflects her own colouring. Very cool, i like this look a lot. These Moscow girls are sharp, i've learnt a lot from looking at your photos, Sart, hope there's more to come.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Love the pants, cigarettes evidently makes for a cool makes for a cool picture, but in this one it sadly just gives and aura of unfreshness.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:01 AM) : 

The shape of what is going on in Moscow is so different from what is going on here in the states. It's rather refreshing to have my eyes adjusted a bit.

 

Blogger Kristina said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Hmmm, I do not like the proportions in this ensemble. On top of that, the drab shades and her expression give this picture a sinister edge.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Very basic but nothing wrong with that...it's refreshing to see 'everyday' people ... I was starting to get a bit paranoic about what (not) to wear each morning - just looking at all these perfect people here left me with a feeling of greyness and mainstream about myself ...

PS love the colour of her shoes !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

The cigarette ruins the look for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

she means business.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:56 AM) : 

beautiful photograph

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

The jacket, scarf, and shoes are all top rate. Particularly the shoes.
I don't love the cut of the pants. They make her hips look too wide.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I really like the top proportion if the jacket and layering... but then the volume on the bottom is not so great. It's great since she is obv. not afraid to wear whatever she wants on the bottom... but from a studied perspective a tighter bottom is deemed as looking more polished....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Love the grey sweatshirt sleeves peeking out of the blouson coat. Superfantastisch!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I don't know, why I like this one so much. Maybe it seems to me so real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

she is nice

 

Blogger SHOP and BAR DENIS SIMACHEV said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Sveta always looks cool! Relaxed and natural. Shes also very sweet person and doing beautiful job at russian Grazia.

 

Blogger Sasha said ... (12:14 PM) : 

great shoes below.

great layers on top.

 

Blogger pajarita said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Moscow is a hard city to live in.

I like that your photographs and your subjects are showing that tension (cigarettes,steal/suspicious gaze, gray, gray, gray) and the billowing softness that seems to overflow in spite of the harshness (pink plush lips, flowing fabric, round silhouettes).

beautiful trouble

 

Blogger pajarita said ... (12:46 PM) : 

beautiful beautiful hips.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I like this. The girl, her way of looking at the camera, her obviously good quality but unassuming clothes... Would love to speak with her, she must be very intelligent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I really like this outfit but it'd really pop with a change of footwear. The color of the shoes is parfait, but I wish there was a heel on them. Switch out the shoes to an open-toed bootie and this outfit would rock the Casbah . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

a hundred percent pure style no plastic in it NICE!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Best outfit from Moscow so far! I bet there are more people in there who dress just as well as she does!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Love this look. Amazing photo!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:53 PM) : 

With all the chaos for the election, I am so glad there is a refuge on this website for style.
A marvelous scarf.
;)
(ps-that said, please vote)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I love the Russians for their effortless elegance.

 

Blogger Kay said ... (2:24 PM) : 

I'm afraid to say that I'm not all that sold on this one - I rarely wear colours but even I find this a little drab. I do however like the slight twist the scarf gives, a bit of interest. I do really like the shoes, they're often a style too masculine to pull off but these are more sophisticated than most due to their colour and toe shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Well, that's it, I'm going shopping in Moscow...

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I love the sleeve layering, and those brogues are so unexpected.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

not my cup of T

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (4:50 PM) : 

btw, please post some pics of my Paris fav Hannes Hetta sometime... funny this one reminds me of his style... ;)

 

Blogger Оrge Саsтеllanо said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I love moscow, actually i leve there....where are you? i want know you, and i want that you take me a picture, just tell me the street?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

i think it is way too much parisian for moscow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

hot lady. :] i'm really digging the silhouette and the stare.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (9:13 PM) : 

oh my gosh she is killer! head to toe. look at that confident expression!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

stunning and yet very real.

why is it that in moscow and other countries, many different shapes and sizes and materials of pants can be widely accepted as fashion-forward, yet in america we'll often get stuck on one pant as the uniform, such as the skinny leg jean? i don't know...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

She looks great! I especially love her coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Love this: the interesting shapes, textures and subdued colours.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (7:28 AM) : 

That is the jacket I've been looking for! I need a jacket for biking in that's still chic, and can be paired dresses and heels or jeans and tennies, depending. I love the sleeve length (I've got a new pair of elbow length wool gloves...) and that the hood extends down into a yoke at the neckline.

 

Blogger meredith said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I want to skip school with her.

Your blog is so good because you spot not only great clothes, but great individuals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

love shoes! men style shoes are my favourite for several seasons. that's all about my mom, she never reads fashion magazines but always feels fashion trends. that's amazing. I thing that's because she was young in Soviet Union when there was only one magazine - Burda. Want to be in fashion? Create!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

This is the kind of thing I love about your site: seeing a real person in an outfit that kind of shouldn't work, but somehow completely does. (Plus, the technical precision of your photos - always a pleasure.)

 

Blogger Joanna said ... (9:13 PM) : 

I don't know if I love her style but I love her character. This is a great portrait.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting