This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Neglinnaya St., Moscow

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, November 01, 2008

On the Street.....Neglinnaya St., Moscow

Comments on "On the Street.....Neglinnaya St., Moscow"

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (9:19 AM) : 

love that jacket !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Her "I don't care" look, fascinates me more than her garments

 

Blogger Delmy said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Great pic. she looks naturally chic

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:57 AM) : 

A Rebel Without a Cause! Lovely face and a superb jacket... Reminds me of James Dean and Brando... female version of course.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

oh my.. i love the unkempt hair, that cool gaze, the jacket...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I love the contrast of blond hair and dark clothing. I love the jacket, too - that's a given. It would go very well with this beauty I scored recently. But I'm digressing. I wish I can look as elegant as she does wearing a shiny jacket like that.

 

Blogger svetlana said ... (10:19 AM) : 

i like yor site , i´m a fashion lover, all yor pick are soooo prety and have a lote of cuality. My congratulations !!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I have a similar jacket, but I still don't look this perfectly bad-ass!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Very nice! The hair, her expression, the leater jacket, and the way she is crossing her arms, with just a little pouty lip. I like the way the light is catching her hair on the left side also. Good one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I want to know where all the fashionistas get their leather jackets from... although her expression and hair are what really make the outfit.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I can honestly say that you going to russia has saved you in my opinion... I was starting to get bored by the site (seriously the girl in the short denim shorts, we could open up people magazine to see that, though the composition was fantastic with the accidental broadway waiting in the wings pattern) This image, love the attitude (and the graphic designer, and the sculptor) and I think the russian girls have shown us they know how to do short hair without looking all cheesy I wanna be a celebrity... Perhaps I simply feel like theres waaay to much exposure everywhere else but I can definitely say, contrary to expectations, these russian girls know how to blow you away... but be subtle about it. No gaudy recognisable brands, no cookie cutter looks (as far as I know, if they all look like this then good for them!) only strong styling with strong attitudes but completely palatable and never overwhelming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

A Russian spy... circa 1920... I love it. Helps that she's gorgeous of course, but it's still so classic, simple and cool.

 

Blogger Terry said ... (10:32 AM) : 

The hair and that jacket!

I'm pretty sure... that jacket is basic perfection.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:33 AM) : 

she is stunning

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I want that coat and that makeup!

 

Blogger mette said ... (10:50 AM) : 

This girl is Russian,no doubt about it. Is it something in her eyes,or the nose and the mouth or is it all of them?

 

Blogger Amy Williams said ... (10:59 AM) : 

That leather jacket is FABULOUS. The perfect leather jacket, and she wears it so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

gorgeous...so much attitude! love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

that's one lovely jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Simple and natural elegance

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

the pin-up hair is FABULOUS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

nothing special

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

the success of this composition relies on the juxtaposition of her face and jacket. the style is not forward, but the tough girl look on a sweet looking girl [who happens to be a little pissed] is definitely working.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Can't I bring her home,Mom? I promise I'll take good care of her...

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (11:59 AM) : 

A real Russian woman.

 

Blogger Erika Grace said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Rock and roll chic!

 

Blogger Kristina said ... (12:19 PM) : 

this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the mix of classics in this picture. her hair reminds me of veronica lake in the '40s and the jacket is '50s perfection. classic pic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

like the hairstyle in combination with the "tough" jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

tough girl..Grrr lol
the jacket is really cool
2008-the year of the leather jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

damn!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Ahhh, exactly what I've been waiting for. As much as I love them, I was not sure how much longer I could stare at Parisien bobos (bohemian bourgeois) and the hordes of New York 'like I give a shit' girls .. hope to see more like this one! keep it up Sart!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Gorgeous,love the soft look of that leather contrasting the toughness of its style, possibly reflecting its wearer...

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Helen Mirren back in the day. Pretty girl. I like the attitude she's throwin'.

Part of me fears that if you pulled back we'd see her MC hammer pants! If that's the case, thanks for cropping.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:32 PM) : 

sexy. reminds me of the early nineties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Movie star looks. To Russia! Tout de suite.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Bonjour,

I love this tough girl look. Great hair and pouty lips too. I want that jacket.

Merci, Zoé

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Georgeous girl. Great jacket, but I have a feeling that those "Hammer Pants" are below. As long as they are out of frame, this is a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Vroom Vroom - peaches and cream in leather and zippers. So very charming.

but Sart, I am beginning to wonder;

Are there any men in Russia?
Do any of them wear clothes?
Would love to see a few.

 

Blogger Ellie Lee said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Love her jacket! Those zippers!

Ps/ She looks kinda, nonchalent though; I would be kinda afraid to approach her to request if I could take a picture of her!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Biker chic ... love it !
And those are some luscious lips ....

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Totally ravishing. A natural beauty. She looks magnificent.

 

Blogger sarahjung said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Typically Russian, nothing really special.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Amazing jacket!

 

Blogger ivoreece said ... (5:32 PM) : 

This picture is so emotional!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

She's the kind of person I'd buy clothes from.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Digging the veronica lake hairsytle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 PM) : 

Omg! I want to be her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Are those three-quarter length sleeves? On a motorcycle jacket? Love it.

 

Blogger Tsar Kasim said ... (8:29 PM) : 

Maya echoes what I wanted to say, but I'll add that I adore how the model's hair covers her left eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

love her jacket, but her expression and face even more. the light shinning on her back is magnificent.
these russian girls are all incredible.

 

Blogger Countrybelle said ... (9:16 PM) : 

i am always jealous of girls like this... you captured her attitude as well as her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

she is beautiful,and her jacket is superb,she fits it very well

 

Blogger olen said ... (9:20 PM) : 

this is crap. it's a totally cheap-looking coat. what's wrong with you people? this is an accident, not style. I conclude that most of the negative comments are censored out, because I can't believe the overwhelming response to this style as actually being good is a true reflection of your viewer's tastes.

 

Blogger L said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Love the jacket! Her expression and hair really make the photo though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

My girlfriend used to wear her little black leather motorcycle jacket with her arms crossed just like that, with that look, when she wanted to talk— we'd go for rides in Hollywood…

 

Blogger E. said ... (11:04 PM) : 

I love her attitude (it goes so well with the leather jacket). It is all about cool nonchalance!

 

Blogger rena said ... (1:34 AM) : 

her face captures me more than her clothes. a perfect photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

She is beautiful! And her jacket is very chic too.

 

Blogger sadia said ... (3:59 AM) : 

reminds me of the 80's

 

Blogger Ted said ... (5:27 AM) : 

The eye, the mouth, the hair and the creossed arms
make the pic.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Lovely jacket but the attitude in her face makes the photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

It is a really nice jacket, and the look on her f ace is very special.

 

Blogger Meline said ... (7:01 AM) : 

I love short leather jackets!
And I was a bit stunned when I saw this one. I love that she wears it over a dress.

 

Blogger Bluetramontana Style said ... (8:29 AM) : 

interesting picture,,,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

She is just gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

What an eye! Thats an amazing photo - an eye opener even for a Moscovite like me.

I would guess (and don't ask me why) that she is not a fashion follower at all ... if you look from stereotypical Moscow trendy/posh perspective...

I would say that quite possibly she normally dresses in a very kitch way. Maybe even cheap. Or boring. Very simple girl. Doesn't read Vogue or Bazaar. Nothing like that at all.

But - and thats amazing - here she's got a natural style and looks like a star.

Hats off to the photographer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

It looks like you pissed her off royally, but it works :)

 

Blogger pour_more said ... (12:51 PM) : 

she's so badass

 

Blogger Breathless said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Your stint in Russia has been so fresh and exciting. I was getting a little bored with all the fashiony Paris/NYC people, I have to admit... This is so much more interesting!

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (3:23 PM) : 

what a look!

timeless

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

her hair... her glance... and her jacket! love love love

 

Blogger May Kasahara said ... (4:14 PM) : 

i f*cking love this.

so much.

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (4:16 PM) : 

A few weeks ago I walked into a Russian deli (in Vancouver, WA) and the man behind the counter began speaking to me in Russian. Now that you've been posting from Moscow...I'm going to take that as a compliment.

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (4:17 PM) : 

she's fantastic! with her hair, heavy makeup, crossed arms, peekaboo curve, jacket-
she looks very interesting.

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Wow great portrait! She isn't smiling, but it actually makes the picture stronger I think.

 

Blogger Gaby said ... (7:57 PM) : 

FLashback to GREASE!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:30 PM) : 

i love her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Shades of Veronica Lake! Love the peek-a-boo bob.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 PM) : 

Yes! I've always loved this look!! This was my foolproof club outfit in the eighties - black leather jacket over a skirt or dress...I hope she's wearing a skirt or dress...please tell me it wasn't another deadly case of Hammer-time.

Gorgeous photo!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

She looks so badass without any effort. Thank you for going to Russia because, wow, the New York Paris thing was getting a bit stale.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

modern day kelly mcginnis from Top Gun - tough girl always gets the guy!

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (11:56 PM) : 

This is definitely a type I remember from a trip to the late, unlamented USSR in the late 1980's. Hard as nails and beautifully coifed and made up.

 

Blogger Tt said ... (12:41 AM) : 

hi...why dont u visit india...lots n lots pretty girls r here

 

Blogger Irene said ... (6:05 AM) : 

She's got it. Not big star, but OK for VS. Love the jacket and the hands.

 

Blogger Teena Vallerine said ... (7:36 AM) : 

Perfection! I love her bob, her crop jacket, the feminine skirt and that eye-liner is wonderful! It's such a masculine jacket but somehow put all together she looks very delicate and vulnerable. Just beautiful! t.x

 

Blogger  said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Oulala ! Quelle beautiful toph !
Belle femme et beau blouson avec des poches who seems very interesting !

 

Blogger Wilhelm Carñes said ... (11:28 AM) : 

The unkempt quality to the hair, the shape and direction of the leather jacket down to the up-turned back of the collar and front pocket, it's perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

i love her hair, unkempt like that with the jacket is perfect ....

 

Blogger Brian said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Perfect outfit for hunting "pesky moose and squirrel"

 

Blogger Hek said ... (8:19 PM) : 

This photo is just priceless! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Biker/artistic chic with an (apparent) look/attitude to match. Perfect.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:39 AM) : 

she looks like a badass.
like she really, really belongs in that jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

love her whole expression, suits the jacket 2 perfection.

 

Blogger ES said ... (1:41 AM) : 

She makes me proud that I chopped off all of my hair. I'm off to set a wave.

 

Blogger brigade de la mode said ... (5:54 PM) : 

lovely, fresh
I wish I looked like her just wearing a jacket leather
everything is about attitude
Labrigade de lamode approve

 

Blogger kate cait sith said ... (1:42 PM) : 

The hair, the attitude, the crossed arms, the leather jacket... it all reminds me of a more up-to-date version of the 80's. Gotta love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 PM) : 

It's Oksana Baiul!!!!!!!! Come on people can't you see the similarities!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Can you say oksana baiul!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

This is funny but being a Muscovite, I don't see any badass attitude in her looks. She has this typical Russian contemplating look that Westerners take for aggression or badass-ness. Overall, she looks like a girl next door to me - not that it's bad at all.

 

Blogger ylebedeva said ... (5:30 PM) : 

i found this picture of her recently, and just came across this one! ah! i think her look here is also really good: http://assets3.lookatme.ru/1234721238/assets/look-image/67/29/59800/look-image-large.jpg

 

Anonymous MR. COCO said ... (2:12 AM) : 

New York And Beverly Hills Are the only 2 Botiques that carry the mens collection however; I did order at my local CHANEL in San Francisco, The T-shirt and Jeans are the perfect thing to where even at the local grocery store. P.S. I have been using COCO since JR. High have fun and enjoy

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting