This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Natasha S., Moscow (part 2)

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, November 03, 2008

On the Street...Natasha S., Moscow (part 2)

Comments on "On the Street...Natasha S., Moscow (part 2)"

 

Blogger Drew Harrington said ... (5:06 PM) : 

She looks great here. Love the jacket! I like how she offset her bottom half with the jeans and the red purse .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I like her hair.

 

Blogger angelus_izika said ... (5:06 PM) : 

gorgeous!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Lovely use of clashing textures and patterns. Looks great with the light denim, even though I'm not usually a huge fan of lighter denim, and the red bag just brings the whole outfit together. Very fun.

 

Blogger ediot said ... (5:08 PM) : 

lovely girl GREAT outfit and styling

 

Blogger Fend Magazine said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Never under estimate the power accessories.

http://nycmagnet.com/

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Wow, such a different expression on her face, different hairdo, and a complete different clothing style! If I wouldn't know it is the same girl as in the previous post I would have probably overlooked that possibility!

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I LOVE that plaid/tweed combo. The red bag really pops, too.

 

Blogger Q's Daydream said ... (5:25 PM) : 

I LOVE that jacket! great bag too! :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Ok, this is just too cute. I know she brought along some of her faves, but I don't doubt for a second that she'd walk around in this.

I can't tell if the checkered black/white scarf in her hair comes down inside the jacket (or if it's two separate pieces), but I might start wearing scarves like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

she is beautiful.. i love the touches on the jacket

and her physical proportions are very 'real'.. that should make a lot of women sart-bloggers very happy : )

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Thank GOD for this outfit because I was starting to think that the people of Moscow had done lost their minds.

Now keep in mind, I'm a middle aged woman stuck in Minnesota. What do I know?

Am I alone, people?

 

Blogger MAJoR said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Everything about this is so right ... the jolt of red in the clutch, the detail on the cropped jacket, the plaid in the shirt and the hair ... great pic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Lovely! Coco Chanel air and the girl- obviously having fun with style play- work so well together!

 

Blogger Sina said ... (5:46 PM) : 

I love love love her enthusiasm. That is most important than anything else.
It's been a pleasure to meet Natasha, thank you Sart!!!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Wow, Natasha looks like so different in this picture! Love the outfit and the accent with the red purse, amazing style! Love it!

 

Blogger tal said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Love it!!! The bright colors are fantastic, and the hair band/tie is just too adorable! Amazing outfit, this girl can work it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I love Natasha! I agree wholeheartedly, fashion should be fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

now this is an outfit that i love!! the blazer is adorable with the bows, it looks like something anthropologie would design. her bracelet, ring and necklace are great as well. they don't "match" per say but they still manage to go together nicely. the clutch is a great pop of color. love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

i love that she can look completely different on a different day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

extremely cute, but i think this girl would look fantastic wearing a brown paper sack!
Love the attitude.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (6:41 PM) : 

love it

wish i could see the shoes and the pants and how they relate to the outfit.....

very CoCo

A little Palin hair going on there.

but it's Moscow right?

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (6:43 PM) : 

nice

love the look wish i could see the shoes and how the ants work with the outfit.

hair is sorta Palineque....

Are you in the country to vote?

I hope so.

 

Blogger The Boot said ... (6:49 PM) : 

that girl is fantastic. both times.

 

Blogger Bellarmine said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Hmm, I'm not sure....I mean, the jacket is nice, the bag....the jeans....maybe the hair is a bit too much! TOo much of a fruit cake for me. :))
Yeah, the hair definately doesn't work for me.

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Better than the other pic, I think!

Love the details - her matching scarf and head piece are darling and the red clutch adds a nice spark.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:16 PM) : 

She looks so fresh-faced and cool. Reminds me of Natalie Portman in a weird way. Love!

 

Blogger Savannah said ... (7:23 PM) : 

this picture compared to the previous one is outstanding. love the color pop with the bag and the tie in of the country living style with her plaid. the jacket is fem and brings it all together. her face is stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

great jeans

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (7:46 PM) : 

That doesn't look like fashion to me. Instead, its resembles something like randomly throwing things on from your closet.

 

Blogger tendance-parisienne, La Boss said ... (7:52 PM) : 

J'aime beaucoup son sac et se veste! Un super look!

 

Blogger Sunny said ... (7:53 PM) : 

She looks like Audrey Hepburn except for the jeans.Too bad it is not cold enough here to wear a lovely jacket like that.

 

Blogger LRB said ... (8:01 PM) : 

The head band and oversized clutch are so chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Looks great with the light denim, Lovely!

 

Blogger Hek said ... (8:16 PM) : 

This girl has an amazing look! She's so unique and cool, and she looks like a fun and lovely person too, she's so inspiring! I feel happy just by looking at her:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Part 2 is much better than part 1 in my humble opinion.

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Can we go back to Paris now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

this is much better. i like her hair in this photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

She's lovely but over-accessorized. She has camouflaged her youth and beauty with unnessary add-ons nature has given her. Angela in Hong Kong

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

to thekitchenlogic...

you're on a different plane. that's all. ;)

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (9:12 PM) : 

I want to acknowledge the creativity, but I really can't get over the possibility that there may be some "Chanel," aesthetic to her look. I think it has to do with the cropped tweed jacket and the wide-legged jeans and that red quilted clutch. The creativity comes in with the added accessories, especially how she adds those black strips of velcros to look like bows on the jacket and the added plaid, she makes it look so effortless and chic.

oh! and i <3 her geometric ring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

Only Russian will understand...
.."СЕЛО!"... :|

 

Blogger Laura said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I LOVE this look on Natasha... the proportions of the jacket and pant really make her body look fantastic. The outfit has just the right amount of quirkiness -- the red back, black detail on the jacket, touches of plaid -- balanced with a basic white shirt and light denim. Bravo!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (9:37 PM) : 

So fresh. So adorable.

I like both shots of her and am pleased that the whole Russian "labels, labels, labels" thing is becoming a thing of the past.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Even though she has great hair and i love the wrap on it, I dislike what she is wearing overall because I feel like 1. the grey jacket with black on it does not go well with the outfit- makes it kind of tacky 2. Maybe she should have worn other pants- these jeans are not the right color/wash for the rest of her outfit. Other than that, like the picture below- I like her style.

 

Blogger Honeygo Beasley said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Head wrap and matching shirt with cherry-red bag and bangs ... SOOOOOOO adorable. Necklace and manicure - nice touches. Love the bows on the jacket. The full cut of the jean leg and her beautiful complexion. So young and pretty. Great shot, Sarty!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

I love that this is a very easy, comfortable style, yet still chic. Natasha's style proves that "comfort" and "put-together" are not mutually exclusive. While I don't like the pants because they seem like an odd light wash that don't quite fit her right, I love everything from the waist up, particularly the scarf and hair tie. I think what makes this look is how happy she looks to be in it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:25 PM) : 

Why am I always inspired by your pictures from the waist up? Love the Jacket, Pattern and Texture combination(pulling up the wonderful red bag so that it is in my line of view)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

gorgeous hairdo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM) : 

love the necklace - it looks like oversized M&Ms.

 

Blogger Wilhelm Carñes said ... (12:29 AM) : 

This is too crazy not to love. Whatever those black bland-aid-like things are, they are adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Amazing clutch!

 

Blogger Patparade said ... (12:42 AM) : 

I love her bag

 

Blogger stefana said ... (1:17 AM) : 

Everything comes together nicely, but ... how about the shoes? Does the cut of the photo mean that you didn't think they fit the look? I am pretty curious to see the whole outfit.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:36 AM) : 

lovely!
the plaid hair tie is adorable!

 

Blogger Dana said ... (1:50 AM) : 

I love her ring, and her nail-polish.

 

Blogger elkie said ... (2:35 AM) : 

there's something about her in this photo that just sparkles

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 AM) : 

Lovely!! Better hairdo!!
Love the details on the jacket!!

-michelle kay-

 

Blogger Miss Urbanita said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Fantastic jacket, fantastic look, fantastic picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 AM) : 

Please keep in touch with Natasha. It would be great to hear how she is getting on in a year or so. I love her!

 

Blogger The Little Lamb. said ... (4:17 AM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (5:21 AM) : 

I love her more in this picture - it looks more complete to me.....In the other picture she makes me - and problably every Dutch thirtysomething - think about that Dutch gilrsband from the eighties the Dolly Dots --
Love the detail on her nails, the clutch and she wears her jeans so well - wow !

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (6:39 AM) : 

she has attitude, a very pretty face and a fun style, nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 AM) : 

So Amy Winehouse...I don't like it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:48 AM) : 

bettyboop!

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (7:10 AM) : 

Gorgeous! I love the bows on her jacket.
Do they all have this hairdo in Moscow? I don't mind, I think it's very pretty on a woman!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Love it...she looks fabulous with the purse and the jacket...lovely stylisim..

 

Blogger Jac LOCO said ... (8:00 AM) : 

I think you should come to Cape Town, South Africa! You'd have a lot of fun with the style on the streets here Sart!!
xx

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:04 AM) : 

She's workin' it. I would take that jacket right off of her!

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (8:27 AM) : 

purse, purse, gimme !!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:33 AM) : 

I can't really speak for trends in Moscow, maybe light blue denim is the thing, there. I'm not a huge fan. I would have liked to see high-waisted pants, here -- maybe that would be too expected, I don't know. The jacket is great, and I love the shirt/matching headscarf. I enjoy the variation of styles that she pulls off. Just seeing these two photos, I can't tell that she always does it, but it seems like she might always toss a bright color into her outfit that makes it her own. That's one way to tie a wide variety of styles together.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Her bangs are great!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (9:41 AM) : 

she looks lovely. and thats so good - to read ur opinions about @no-more-labels-fashion@. i hope to see more russions wearing intellegent\smart clothes...
not just very expencieve looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I like this better than the previous outfit. I especially like the jacket; I'm not crazy about the rest of it but overall it makes for a pretty good outfit.

 

Blogger mette said ... (10:09 AM) : 

This Natasha I like. A fun jacket mixed with jeans-wish they weren´t wide though. The red clutch looks nice too. She looks like a healthy young woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Very very nice!

I love her jeans! Plain & simple 80's stone washed... great!

She accentuates them very well by combining them with 'more sophisticated' stuff.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:54 AM) : 

my flippin' lord
is her shirt tied around her bun as well? double timing it?

bows/plaid/red quilted bag/jeans/beads

whoua!!

 

Blogger Orfamay said ... (11:17 AM) : 

This is amazing; and those are great jeans (well everything is great).

 

Blogger JO said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her look! Everything about it! If could steal this whole outfit and wear it home I would :) so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

o my god i love her. this is a great look, young, fun, but with a very striking degree of sexy. this girl will be famous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I'm very fascinated by the red purse because the entire outfit is gray, black, white and with regular jeans. The purse gives the outfit the extra touch!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Fabulous!

 

Blogger Jen said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Absolutely fabulous. I would never have thought that the plaid blouse would look so right with the tweed jacket. I love the little bows all over it, very chic. And her manicure is insane! Wish I had this much chutzpah.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

anonymous said: "only Russians would understand"... not only :)
"Sielo" means "village", "countryside" and I think I know what you meant.
There's too much of everything here, and its kitch mistaken for an elegance.

 

Blogger Anon.: said ... (3:25 PM) : 

too much, too much. the matching flannel shirt and headband, cliche red/black/white...I'm not feeling any originality here.

 

Blogger emily said ... (9:01 PM) : 

i hate this look. i don't think she's very original or particularly daring.

she seems very textbook. although i do love her hairstyles and her shoes/socks in the first photo of her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:27 AM) : 

I love her jacket!! And those jeans, which look wide leg, are such a fun medium wash. Love the whole look!

 

Blogger natasha said ... (5:28 AM) : 

She and I share the same name. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

I want her bag.
Nice combination and great hair. !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 PM) : 

I totally want this whole look. sooo cute and classic and not at all boring. The detailing on the jacket is grrreat. And who doesn't feel a little better with a bright red anything! I do wish the jeans fit a little more tailored around the waist though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I want know what shoes she wear....but i love it! is great styling...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 AM) : 

Kolhoz style, Cherkizon
Welcome to Cherkizovsky market.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

oh,this bag...so cute...love the outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Absolutely perfect-did anyone notice her manicure as well?
Also, she's not exactly a big woman- in the midwest she would be considered thin!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting