This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Eva, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 06, 2008

On the Street...Eva, Paris

Comments on "On the Street...Eva, Paris"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Manoush coat ... Gorgeous !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

She's phenomenal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Hmm, her coat is from anthropologie. She wears it well.

 

Blogger Valerie Rojas Braverman said ... (5:15 PM) : 

ruffles, and lace, and pom-poms, OH MY!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

it's been nice to see more lovely girls in flats on here lately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I kind of like it...not 100% but its cute! Not sure about the bag with the tights, or maybe this is just completely different! Its cute. No actually after looking at it for a while, I think that it's a really cool and sweet (at the same time) outfit...but I'm wondering why it took that long to come to the conclusion and if that's a good or bad thing. Amazing shots Scott! you have improved so much!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Beautiful coat, great ensemble!. I like the mix of heavy & light fabrics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I love the color palette! The lace tights and pearl flats are especially angelic. Does anyone know the origins of her coat? It's beautiful!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:21 PM) : 

That coat is just too gorgeous, love the colour, the frills, the eupaulettes...and she looks amazing from top-to-toe, managing to make frills, floral lace & 'pompoms' not look over-the-top, amazing! LOVE it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

I don't like her outfit, it looks like she is wearing everything she likes at the same time =S

 

Blogger soph naylor said ... (5:23 PM) : 

the coat is absolutely beautiful! it makes a great combination with those tights, i've always loved white ones

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

That coat is absolutely stunning...the ruffles, the color, the length...beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Love this look--the hair, the muted colors, the lace tights. My favorite so far...!

 

Blogger Anniq said ... (5:37 PM) : 

i love the textures of the details on each piece!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

an eyecatching mishmash...i wonder where this young lady was going dressed this way.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:54 PM) : 

not fair...she looks too good...rawr!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

beautiful coat, beautiful hairstyle, beautiful girl...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Royal and quirky. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Beautiful. I love the light colours in the heaveir fabrics. And the coat is stunning.

 

Blogger Hek said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I love her coat!
Not a big fan of white lace tights but it works here. The flats are perfect.

 

Blogger JEYQ said ... (6:11 PM) : 

great shot.
her coat is beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

love this picture. especially the parallels in the crossed arms and feet.

 

Blogger Gary K. said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Wow, she's lovely.

 

Blogger rose said ... (6:17 PM) : 

wow. everything about this woman is gorgeous, from her posture to her hair. and of course all of her clothing too.

 

Blogger Taylor said ... (6:19 PM) : 

I love the texture and colour. It creates such a lovely look.

Taylor

 

Blogger Jaime said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Her hair and the coat add up to a lovely and specific statement.

 

Blogger emily said ... (6:23 PM) : 

beautiful.

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Such different, lush fabrics and textures really give this low-key palette range... I LOVE neutral colors and this is a great way to make them interesting!!! Thank you sart!!!!! I adore her!!!

 

Blogger Cassandra W said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Quite a sculptural pose she's got, and a great haircut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

pretty bag, pretty everything

 

Blogger Candace said ... (7:02 PM) : 

that is one great coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

That coat!!!
Wow, the whole outfit is amazing!

 

Blogger GracieGirl0825 said ... (7:04 PM) : 

I love her tights! And the pompoms on her purse - they remind me of an old trimming my grandma has in her sewing basket.

 

Blogger Claire, said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

 

Blogger paige. said ... (7:14 PM) : 

that may be one of my favorite outfits ever. so well put together, and the tights are wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM) : 

I can't stop looking at this picture. I love all of the textures at play here--smooth, rough, ruffles, pom-poms, lace, sheer--and all of the different directions her body parts are facing in. It's as if someone threw a bunch of different white flowers into a glass jar and just let them fall randomly. I love it. --V

 

Blogger Jill Turner said ... (7:33 PM) : 

I am in love with her jacket.

I really like her entire outfit, but I'm not crazy about the purse.

I can't tell what kind of shoes she's wearing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

This is absolutely genius... the textures, colors, and patterns just flow into each other.

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (7:47 PM) : 

I just adore her coat AND how she WEARS her coat.

Up here in Canada a coat is a necessity in the winter however I personally hate it when I cram my arms in the sleeves and my sweater arms get all bunched up.

UGH!

And so, just like this picture, I have taken to wearing my coats like a cape. Glad to see this trend out and about - though it's more than a trend, it's just practical.

Also love the color combo of grey and white...my legs cannot pull off white tights but she makes it work. At least with this outfit! Her impish Audrey Tatou aura helps too :)

 

Blogger K said ... (7:57 PM) : 

i love her coat! and her HAIR! how fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

I love her coat! I wonder where it's from...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 PM) : 

love love LOVE the coat. gorgeous! very simple, yet adds beautiful detail and texture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

the details are so fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

Okay, this is the first time I've ever envied an item on your lovely, perfect blog, which I usually view simply as art and unattainable--this purse! As a kid, we used to call those little pom-pons "doigies," which is what they are--cute.

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Stunning.
Looks like she should be at the ballet.
And the jacket on the shoulders/buttoned around the neck is also very cool....

Rhys

 

Blogger Tiffiny said ... (8:32 PM) : 

absolutely perfect, i love all the feminine details.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Anthropologie coat!

 

Blogger helenpintobean said ... (8:48 PM) : 

too much going on. the pieces are great if they were brought out by pieces that are subtle.

love love love the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

J'adore

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Perfect! Love it! Especially the jacket...

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:07 PM) : 

No, no, no Eva, this is not working for you. It looks like you're wearing the remnants from a bad home decorating shop.

 

Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Oh my that coat is divine!

C.

 

Blogger La Clocharde said ... (9:26 PM) : 

For me...this is a perfect outfit. I would wear it, just like that.
MY favourite...the coat. I love those beautiful details it has.
Oh, and her fab hair...perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 PM) : 

I like the guy next to her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 PM) : 

what i love is her stance. all twisted, reminds me of the birds above. i also like the delicate legging design.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

this makes me want to move to paris. stunning!!

 

Blogger B. FLY AND THE CITY said ... (11:07 PM) : 

O-M-G THE FIRST PERSON IN LIFE I EVER SAW WHO STANDS LIKE ME. SUCH A WEIRD STANCE, I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. IT'S AN EXTEMELY COMFORTABLE STANCE, HORRIBLE FOR POSTURE I MUST ADMIT. LOVE HER LOOK BTW.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:11 PM) : 

VERY cool!
I just got back from a 10 day trip to Tokyo, and might I say, Sart, you would be in hog-heaven.
SO many gorgeous, forward, original outfits like this.

It does make me feel somewhat 'ashamed' walking down the streets of Chicago.

 

Blogger Holly Brindley said ... (11:18 PM) : 

The skirt falls nicely on her. The way she is standing, she looks so intoverted, her feet and her arms around her, hiding underneath the coat, but her face looks alive and savvy..

 

Blogger melange muse said ... (11:27 PM) : 

Oh my gosh I love the lace tights! I need to get some!

 

Blogger Two Tall Girls said ... (12:40 AM) : 

It's all seems like it should be too much together but somehow it works. I especially like her hairstyle.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:30 AM) : 

fabulous coat and attitude...lovely!
X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Other than her outfit... i must also comment on her hair...it's very "amelie." Hairstyles do a lot to make a person standout.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 AM) : 

Other than her outfit... i must also comment on her hair...it's very "amelie." Hairstyles do a lot to make a person standout.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:46 AM) : 

It's as if someone threw a bunch of different white flowers into a glass jar and just let them fall randomly.

this is the best comment i've read here in a long time :) i'm so glad you posted this here sart - i love this coat so much. if i ever met her wearing it i might be forced to mug her for it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

the tights and the little ruffles on her jacket make this look work. i love it!

 

Blogger Shopaholic Homebodies said ... (4:12 AM) : 

Great layering of textures and fabrics...she reminds me of a pigeon, but in a good way.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Am I the only one who thinks that this doesn't work? Hate the lace tights and just don't enjoy these clothes with each other. She's a lovely woman but she didn't think about what was going on under her coat, which may be from Anthropologie but isn't one of their successes. To me it's just a mish-mash....sorry everyone.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (5:49 AM) : 

Great tip from a girlfriend to follow this blog !!
Surprise me mister Schuman !!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (6:30 AM) : 

incredibly feminine! i even dont think its too much...

 

Blogger Streetyle said ... (6:42 AM) : 

The way she wears her coat makes the ensemble outstanding,ruffles and pom poms makes it alive.

 

Blogger Cultivated Ah Lian said ... (8:15 AM) : 

FANTASTIC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I think the colour palette makes it all work. I'd probably minus the bag. Suits her though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

She looks sooo fragile...fantastic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Sorry girls, but it's a Manoush coat, I should know, I work part time for the brand !
You can see it here : http://www.footlux.com/product_info.php?products_id=1973
It's a French brand

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (11:09 AM) : 

oh my god
she is the coolest
the absolute coolest

everything is just the most!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

The coat is beautiful but i don't like her tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Again, I really do wish I could dress just like this (minus the bag, though.. ^^; ). You captured her beautifully... Now I feel really happy with my own lacy tights! ^^

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Great coat, love the bag, and love the mop-head look. Very sweet. It's surprising to read any negative comments here. I think she looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

love her so called pose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

I want that coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

anthropologie sells the same coat from Manoush but it's on sale right for a fraction of the cost. i should know i bought one yesterday and than saw the photo posted today.
go to anthropologie's sale section that coat is worth every penny.

great photo too
-c

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (4:12 PM) : 

That coat IS from Anthropologie - and I believe it's on sale now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

So glad to finally see something from Anthro on here!

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (8:57 PM) : 

all those wonderful little details make her a stunner.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (3:39 AM) : 

yesyesyes, the coat is both manoush and anthropologie apparently.

i really love her haircut. i'm sure it could be as messy as she wanted to let it get.
she seems familiar, like she's in a band or something. maybe it's the hair of the dude next to her that makes me think of that. i do not dig his hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Love her whole look-effortlessly perfect...the pic itself is comparable to beautiful artwork-completely engaging!Wonder if this woman knows now she is a Sart star!lol.

 

Blogger dianatrafik said ... (3:34 PM) : 

i saw this coat today in the manoush store,this is definitely the colour of the season!but i'll wear it with some grey knee high boots....

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (3:49 PM) : 

A beautiful coat in a wonderful colour. She reminds me of Ines.

I did second-take at her legs though. How does she do that with her feet....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:43 PM) : 

It is beautiful, and a color palette that has been seen all over NYC during the rainy last week, as well. The coat is Manoush, at Anthropologie. In fact, the entire look has a very Anthro aesthetic done very appropriately and not over the top. I love the bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

wow. love love love the look!
loving the white lace stockings too.

 

Blogger Rayan Khayat said ... (4:58 AM) : 

I love her look. She could lose the bag, but it adds a lil' somthin.

I love how structured the jacket/coat is and how simple the skirt and shirt are. (+ I like how she's wearing it..I see that a lot these days)

++They guy's outfit looks excellent as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

She just made it into my top spot - most fashionable lady on The Sartorialist.

She is PERFECTION. Her hair is completely her own, the tights and flats are sweet and becoming. I think that looks like a very regular old sweater on top of a white dress - amazing combo. I agree that the bag isn't as great as the rest, but somehow it's a nice accent. And the coat is just too much (in a GREAT WAY!)

I love her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I love it all.......except the lace tights. I am sure Mia Farrow wore a similar pair in Rosemary's Baby and that's the reason her baby was Satan spawn!

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (5:31 PM) : 

i looooooooooooove this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

overall it's lovely, but if i could change something to make it perfect (and really who needs perfect) i would put a more structured skirt or put solid tights (not lace) with it. the lace, ruffles, pom poms are a bit much for my taste. love the colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

too fussy, needs editing
I'd ditch at least one frilly thing: tights, jacket, or purse

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 AM) : 

I like her persona in general.

 

Blogger kerfuffler said ... (4:30 PM) : 

I agree with Barbara.(Except I like the tights with a different, springtime outfit.) The skirt seems too summery (light color, sheer fabric and short, casual, unsophisticated cut.) The coat and sweater call out for something sleeker----and warmer.

The tights and the pose give her quite the little girl look----like she needs to use a restroom; ah, those can be hard to find it Paris.

 

Blogger anjette said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Who is Eva???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

what a lovely coat! wish she carried a simpler bag though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

She looks typically French...stylish!

 

Blogger rougecorail said ... (5:47 PM) : 

She seems to be cold or shy in her nice grey/white romantic outfit, very charming shooting !

 

Blogger ash said ... (6:43 PM) : 

it's an odd mix. seems like it wouldn't work on most people, but on her i think it's great.

 

Blogger Mademoiselle Dauphine said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Thankgod a photo of a french woman in complete pastels. I am a huge pastel lover (and would wear her outfit - i wear similar things) And i dont think its too much at all!
so refreshing and different in color and style to anything ive seen on here before!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 AM) : 

GREAT COLOURS!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I love her hair

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting