This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Carnival Costume, Rio

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On the Street...Carnival Costume, Rio

Comments on "On the Street...Carnival Costume, Rio"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I love the contrast between the bright colors up front and the fogginess in the background.

 

Blogger Catherine in DC said ... (9:50 AM) : 

That's beautiful. The combination of the warm reds, oranges and yellows with the splash of green leaves and feathers at the bottom and top just is dazzling. And there's parrots! Is this just sitting out in a park in Rio? It looks to delicate (though I imagine someone wearing it would be very fierce looking indeed) to just be sitting outside.

 

Blogger Fly Girl said ... (9:52 AM) : 

The colors of this are stunning. I've seen some fantastic carnaval costumes and this is up there with the best. But it would be better if somebody was wearing it!

 

Blogger The Good Life in Virginia said ... (10:05 AM) : 

who cannot but love the "carmen miranda" look of the costume(s)

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:15 AM) : 

So much color! Love the photo!

 

Blogger MAJoR said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Is this a Christian Siriano? :-) Cuz its FIERCE!!!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I love anything that has to do with Carnivale.
This costume is amazing.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:33 AM) : 

it's everything from my wildest dreams and my worst nightmares
put together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

For the evening I like it, but I think it's a bit much for the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

WOW! Rio costumes are really amazing! So much details and colors, nice.

 

Blogger Augusto said ... (11:13 AM) : 

yey!
that's the true brazilian spirit!
amazing photos!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Now this is high fashion.
Great capture of the vivid details in this costume!
:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Wow!

Love the colors!

Very Mardi Gras but much more fstive.

Are the leaves real? And is that fruit I see?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

extraterrestre!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I guess there is not a whole of fashion to really photograph in Rio, is there?

Samba school costumes are as much of a statement as you can get out there. I hope you are having a good time, though.

I guess when people wear almost nothing, they are left with their bodies only to show their style.

Although Brazilian, I have to say that I am ready for Paris, Milan, New York, Amsterdam fashion sense again.

Your blog is the only scape in my stressful work day. Thanks for making my day so much easier to cope with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

aaaahhhhhh...this brought to mind wonderful memories of carnaval, samba...and some of the reasons as to why I LOVE this country so much (coming from a mexican-american..); it has the most beautiful music in the world (I think), the greatest-looking people I've ever seen together and out-of-this-world creativity & resilience !! Thanks so much for the pics!! beijos

 

Blogger Jaime Randle said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I mean... I don't see the big deal, I have 2 of these tossed somewhere at the bottom of my closet. When I wear it out and people compliment me, I just giggle and say, "whaaat, this old thing?!"

;)

glorious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

anonymous at 11:48, it's a shame you feel that way. You are clearly missing something. I live in Rio, and I can tell you there is A LOT of substance here, and "statements" everywhere. People express themselves incredibly through art and their personal style, (which I might add, is often quite unique- I'm sure, and hope, that the sart will post some more "real street style", not just people on the street near the Claro Fashion Week events). People offer a lot, even if they are not all the elite fashionistas y of in other cities.

Oh, and outside of the beach setting, people are not walking around half naked, as you imply. As Brazilian, you should know that.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Wow. This costume shows some great complexity. However, what really caught my attention is the background. Stunning skyline and the blurred out makes it even more attractive for a strange reason...

 

Blogger Bruna Costa said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I agree with m. I guess you should open your eyes to our culture. We are more than swim suits ans havaianas. Our style is revigorating, stunning, full of energy and fire. It's fierse! haha And just because we don't wear many clothes as european people it doesn't mean we can't show style.
I bet sart can show you this.

aweesome photos and the costume capts the idea of a happy and vibrating carnaval;

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

I love the leaves at the bottom.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (3:41 PM) : 

E um abacaxi? Amazing colours, textures and shapes! I cannot imagine using this in February's hot weather in Rio! Gorgeous!

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Somebody actually wears that? Crazy stuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

That's beautiful... could you put up some close up/detail shots of it??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

I'd love see how it's made. Bet it weighs a ton too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

great style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Halloween 2009!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

it's considered very ugly to put red and green together in Chinese culture but this combination looks fantastic!

 

Blogger jessicadrhp said ... (5:46 AM) : 

wow...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

This is a brazilian costume of carnaval. People wear that in school of samba.

 

Blogger Post-it boy said ... (5:02 AM) : 

That reminds me, I must get some new Christmas decorations this year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

gotta repeat it:
is this a Christian Siriano? :-) Cuz its FIERCE!!!

rio's carnaval costumes are great. in the south of the same country, where i live, the costumes are just terrible! maybe next february i'll try to submit some pictures.

 

Anonymous Bruno said ... (2:16 AM) : 

Hi ! Very nice !!! I see more rio carnival costumes in www.zirigdum.com this is a site especialized in Rio´s costumes from carnival andy peoples wonderfull, very very nice!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:24 PM) : 

God Bless Brazil and Sat

 

Blogger Coisas minhas... talvez você nem queira ouvir. said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Belo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

this is not the real carnival in Rio - please, I am Brazillian, I know. This is just what is shown, and works for the parade, but not on the streets where people wear shorts, flipflops and spaguetti strings blouses.

:)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting