This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Chanel Menswear for Fantastic Man #8

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Chanel Menswear for Fantastic Man #8




Comments on "Chanel Menswear for Fantastic Man #8"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

I think I love you.

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (9:33 AM) : 

omg! I am totally in love with this pictures.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Well THAT woke me up. Gorgeous man, gorgeous jackets. I think I'm liking Chanel's menswear line better than the women's these days.

 

Blogger ZeonZone said ... (9:44 AM) : 

*swoonsss*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Love the last picture. Beautiful!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:48 AM) : 

The top photo- pearls?! We've seen fishnets and high heels but my vote goes to pearls for men, especially those pearls with that jacket. I think it looks great, and the double strand worn singly is inspired (I think that's what is is, anyway the repeated variation in size is important). It might not work for everyone but it's still inspiring to see it done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Flawless, timeless. It is now obvious I love Chane for men more than the women's line(s).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

beautiful b&w photography.

v from brooklyn

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Modern and stylish. I would not wear a pearl necklace but it looks good on him. And I love the jacket in the botton pic...

 

Blogger V said ... (10:06 AM) : 

whoa...tribute to slimane?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I want everything especially those shoes. Wonderful styling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

He is gorgeous...
I agree with Maria...I think I am in love.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Love.. I'm going out to Chanel right now!

 

Blogger Terry said ... (10:31 AM) : 

So beautiful. Gah.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:36 AM) : 

love you & love Chanel!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:37 AM) : 

love you & love Chanel!

 

Blogger mette said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Is he wearing Chanel in every pic? If so, I´m not very much impressed. The one, where the pants are tucked in the boots, looks funny. The guy is handsome though.

 

Blogger adictaaloszapatos@gmail.com said ... (11:02 AM) : 

oooh!!!

 

Blogger so said ... (11:15 AM) : 

...how about "gorgeous man"?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

and I think I love this man...

 

Blogger sugarxnspice said ... (11:36 AM) : 

SO HOT.

 

Blogger jkh said ... (11:44 AM) : 

wow. you even shoot well in a more conventional setting! - congrats.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:45 AM) : 

The first and third photos show designs that don't really offer a very masculine silhouette, do they?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Not well cut clothes. top two jackets are cut for a woman, just not attractive clothing.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (12:00 PM) : 

These pictures are classics. Love the atmosphere they resonate. Nice one!

 

Blogger Christianthomas said ... (12:03 PM) : 

The femininity of the jacket on the first picture is oddly striking.

In love with jacket nr. 2!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I miss Heath Ledger

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

I'm jealous.

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (12:21 PM) : 

who is he?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I love first pictures... the jacket IS Chanel

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Love that last shot!

 

Blogger MCCVI said ... (1:09 PM) : 

the overcoat in the third phoro oversized (david byrne big) and lacking sartorial touches, terrible imo. the sportcoat in the last photo is divine, the close positioning of the buttons is wonderful and the cut well sculptured. erratic overall. they could could do better editing.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Even Becks can't pull off pearls and a woman's jacket. If this is meant to be one of those FABULOUS looks that my gay brotha's like to rock, then rock on, but if some dude picked me up for a date in this.... I'd assume it was his way of telling me that this isn't really a "date" date.

As for the other shots, the pictures are good the clothes are fine. I particularly dig the last shot. I'm a big fan of the scarf peaking out casually at the bottom like this and I find the jacket - the cut, the somewhat 70's lapels and fabric - flattering.

As for the guy.... yeah, he's cute - but of course - he's a model.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

It's Brad Kroenig, he's been modeling for years and has modeled in the Chanel shows for years.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Maybe there's something wrong with me or I just don't get the picture, but, sorry, I think this guy looks utterly ridiculous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Bonjour,

Je t'aime, who is this? J'adore Noir Et blanc Photographie. Who notices the clothes when a man looks like this? Great images.

Merci, Zoé

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Hmmm,
what do I think? My impression is, the fitting of the jacket in the top pic -I mean the sleeves- is terrible. Obviously it´s cut like that on purpose, but it looks awkward to me.
And the pearls, well I have nothing against feminin men, but I wouldn´t take a guy for serious if he came to me with this necklace, hahahahaaaaaa.
He looks like he´d spontaneously parody old Coco...
sorry, but no for me. I am narrow-minded at this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Looks like Brad Koenig to me. He's pretty high up there in terms of male models. I'm from Canada, so I'm used to seeing him in Le Chateau ads everywhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

The jacket on the third and the last frame are amazing. I don't know how I feel about the pearls... it doesn't do anything for me.

 

Blogger Alex said ... (2:58 PM) : 

What a beautiufl man....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

While the clothes in these shots are certainly stunning, as is the model, they feel more big-budget-print-ad than the great-clothes-on-real-people shots we all know and love you for, Sart. My daughter dressed as Coco Chanel for Halloween! She would have freaked out to have the shopping bag for her candy. (I sewed her a little suit, and yes, I matched the plaid. Go mom.)

 

Blogger Ellie Lee said ... (3:26 PM) : 

He looks AMAZING. His look; he's jaws; hair everything! You've captured it all VERY well! Great job! It's stunning!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (3:29 PM) : 

In a perfect world : a man & Chanel (sigh) .... to good to be true ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Nice threads, but the sleeve length is terrible for the model.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

i think its very femenine, they should make more a masculine style. not very iconic like chanel women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

the styling is spot on.
and the photography is brilliant. perfect!! :)

 

Blogger Nick Bograd said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I really love the 2nd and 4th shots the jackets are cut beautifully. The first one I like the jacket but the pearls looked a bit too feminine, as far as the third jacket I thought it was too oversized not enough shape in the body.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:16 PM) : 

I love this; his styled hair, clothes, etc.
But what I love more is how you capturted in it B/W in front of Chanel. Result? Classic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Hey Sart. What's up with the male-femaler crossover?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

The ads look amazing, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about walking into a man in real life with Outfit #1 on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

an exclusively Chanel shoot?

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

not the reason why I love this site

more real people please

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

A good looking guy; he might wear a shopping bag and look good anyway. His actual styling is not worth mentioning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

ah...I've got this issue of fantastic man...

awesome stuff!!!

Did u take the pictures? I never checked the credits on that page....will go check

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Love the coat (the guy is kinda hot too:-))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

oh,j'adore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

He looks amazing. Love the pearls in the very first picture. A handsome man in Chanel, what else does one need?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

oh get over it. no, it does not offer"a traditional "masculine" sillohoutte. A couple hundred years ago men wore stockings and waistcoats and wigs. Then, THAT was masculine. Plenty of men have worn and still do in the eastern world (not just scotland)skirts. There is a French group called Hommes en Jupes which is dedicated to rasing awareness to the point where men can reclaim the skirt as a socially accepted garment for men - and not just gay men, "Joe the Plumbers", if you will. And monique, what if a guy picked you up on a date but checked out because you were wearing jeans, or some other kind of pants? It hasn't been all that long that women wearing pants was acceptable. This might give you some idea of how constructed societies ideas of femininity and masculinity are. A shakeup is welcome, in my opinion. This is all stuff you probably already know, but I think men wearing more traditionally "feminine" items (and vice versa) is thought provoking, interesting and important. Sorry to sound like a gender nazi.
On topic, i like the photos but i prefer your colour pics better that are more real people-y and less magazine-y.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

You inspire me.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Forget Chanel. I want the man in the Chanel!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

that first photo just cracks me up. i don't care who he is or what he's wearing, he looks ridiculous. i can't believe that many people fell for this. the other outfits and photographs, are, on the other hand, gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

i think the pearls over the jacket is a little OTT but i wouldnt mind if they peeked out from underneath; say, in a variation of outfit in last photo. i'm all for boundary-pushing accessorising!

 

Blogger L said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Love Chanel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

credit question? stylist for this shot?

love the first picture and the boots on the third.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

i do love chanel, but this is just too posed. it's certainly not the rakish italian man look. is that so bad? you decide.

 

Blogger Lemming Lime said ... (12:31 AM) : 

these b&ws are great.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:13 AM) : 

Well, anon 7:14 we're living in odd times, indeed. I can understand if I guy picked me up and was not into my jeans.... but they are considered unisex in this society and a Chanel jacket and pearls are considered totally female (no wiggle room there). So , I hear you.

As a matter of fact I'm a girl who likes to wear men-styled clothes but I don't like men in women-styled clothes. I admit to my prejudices.... and I'm okay with them. Give me a manly man.

As for men who like to cross dress (which is what this is to me), I love them too....but I assume they're gay.... and that's okay with me. If you honestly think any straight man would dress like this then.... I'd like to sit down and have a conversation with said "straight guy".... I can help him come out of the closet.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:17 AM) : 

That first jacket? TO DIE.

 

Blogger French Blast said ... (1:50 AM) : 

Those black and white pictures are very beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

yes! i love this

 

Blogger dgsmigliani said ... (3:29 AM) : 

Black & White has done the job well.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (5:30 AM) : 

I loathe that necklace and I think those trousers should be pulled out of those boots immediately.

Adore the last photo though. He looks gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 AM) : 

What is the idea of wearing a winter coat without a shirt underneath ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 AM) : 

I guess I'm the only woman who got breathless with the first pic. If I man were to pick me up in pearls, I would get married to him. It looks beautiful and it takes some guts and some style to pull out a look like that, and it only works for masculine-looking models, like this (HAWT) guy. I don't like the "men in heels" thing, I think they look just ridiculous, they don't have the body structure required to wear them (in fact, even some women don't), but his... oh man, this is a usually feminine accessory I really would like to see more in real men, 'cause I don't think it takes away any of the masculinity... Indeed, if you are man enough to wear pearls, you are man enough to anything.

About the looks... gorgeous silhouettes, except for the third jacket, it looks way to big and to boxy for him. I'm in love with Chanel menswear. And womenswear. Oh, I'm a Chanel fangirl, I admit u.u

And, just to make my idea stronger: What a gorgeous looking guy, maaan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 AM) : 

P.S Are those platform booties he is wearing in the third picture? His feet look so small and I don´t think that it is masculine at all.

 

Blogger Ace Azri said ... (8:44 AM) : 

the kind of looks i superly love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

photos look a little staged Sart, is this an ad campaign?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I made it clear that I shot this for Fantastic Man magazine

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Love the ad campaign. The model looks like Joel McMillan. He is HOT! The women in my office melted when he came in for a go-see. Nice guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

The personal silouhette of Lagerfeld is very apparent in Picture #1, as is the model's pose (Lagerfeld-esque). I'm supposing you all channeled (chaneled? ha!) that on purpose? Nice work.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (3:24 PM) : 

yet another thing to lust for.

I want them all for they are so classic and chic

the first is my favorite

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

maybe this is a stupid question, but where is this shot? my guess would be nyc, but i didn't know if it was something you might have done during your stay in russia.

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Poor Sart, people complaining about what you choose to post on your OWN BLOG. The hazard of leaving it open to comments.

The styling (except for #4) does nothing for me, but the photos are exceptional, as always. What a great assignment!

 

Blogger Jayce said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is Brad Kroenig. He's one of Ford's top models. I'd be amazed if it isn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

OK - where to begin?????
Scott, the pictures are beautiful. Really solid, masculine & dramatic - I love them. I also understand that they were shot for F.M. and so they are flavoured in a specific way. My problem lies with the clothes themselves. Why take something so feminine and try to make it masculine? It looses the message and the appeal. It's like trying to guild the lily in motor oil! I have tried to balance this in my mind, knowing that Coco played with the gender balance with her clothes in the 20's & 30's, but the reverse is a slightly more jagged pill for me to swallow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

he's a keeper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

I didn´t know Chanel made menswear ?
Are these pictures a way for them to test the waters ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 AM) : 

what i'm trying to say is that jeans are considered unisex NOW. but they weren't always.
i don't know if i would think that guy was gay or not, from the photos, i wouldn't automatically assume he was. but i might assume he was a bit pretentious. i have my prejudices also >_<

 

Blogger Observer said ... (5:18 AM) : 

What would Mlle Coco have thought about this guy in pearls? Monique, cannot agree with you more.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:49 AM) : 

stunning man and lovely jackets...the photos Scott are fabulous, among my favourites..seriously, well done!
X

 

Blogger Irene said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Too obvious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

You did those shots? I hadn't noticed that. And I pay very close attention to that magazine. Anyone else here think that magazine is one of the most radical publications in years? Well, it is. Although I think it's a shame it's gone thick and perfect bound this issue. The stitched bind was much more exciting.

Nice job anyways, your photos are getting better and better. And they were pretty damn good to start with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

hey guys you are totally right that the femininity may seem a bit too much in this photo shoot but isn't fashion phoyography an art after all?and it's supposed to exaggerate trends because if it has a totally wearable look&feel it would not be an art but a 'catalogue-type-photo-shooting', you've done brilliant job Sart!

 

Blogger PropperGanda said ... (9:50 AM) : 

The main reason why i love your work is because you love your work and you do it with alot of passion. I am a photographer aswel and I always find your work to have an embeded identy plate on, and thats not because there is anything on the picture but its how the picture talks to you when you look at it!!

Im glad Chanel exposed your skill!

 

Blogger Wilhelm Carñes said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Chanel doing menswear is like Gymboree doing Big & Tall.

 

Blogger Lady Lala said ... (11:45 AM) : 

whre did u find him?? wow!!! waiting to find him in some near place...ehehhe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

A beautiful man, and beautiful photos. But...
1)Pearls are gorgeous and trends change, yes. Slowly. Straight men are just not ready for Granny's pearl necklace yet, sorry. How about some dark opaque stones like jasper or tiger's eye instead, if you need the bling? And I'm all for interesting fabrics and new shapes, but frayed, nappy fabrics cut way too big just look like cheap things homeless men dig out of dumpsters. With the current economic woes, is hobo-wear really fashion, or just mockery?
2) That jacket shape give him a bustline. Surely not what most men want.
3)Pull your pants out of your boots, pretty hobo. You look foolish.
4)Wow. Stylish, well-tailored and masculine. See? It can be done.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:55 PM) : 

that doorman is the nicest. he says hello whenever i pass, and i never even go into the store.

 

Blogger M* said ... (1:37 PM) : 

hey this look like my model friend!!! is this in Ny??!??!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Where the hell did this man come from?!?!?!
I thought men like him only existed in magaize spreads, and runway shows.
This man is the epitome of masculinity and sexiness. He is what us men hate, and wish we were more like. And by the comments of the women, it seems like their every dream as well.

This man knows how to dress!! The textures, the fit of the clothes, the dark sexy mistery...

 

Blogger IndyJeff said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Everyone seems fixated on the pearls. I'm curious as to people's reactions to the Chanel camelia stuck in the model's buttonhole in the second picture. I think it's rather smart. It might be amusing to fix a grey flannel or black leather camelia into my suit lapel. It would certainly start tongues wagging here in Indianpolis, but it would last longer than a real flower. Thoughts or comments ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

He is RIDICULOUSLY handsome

 

Blogger Rich said ... (10:31 PM) : 

yay to pearls and camellias and other so-called "fem" affectations. a masculine man can pull it off. i especially love that the pearls are worn in a "shape" that men don't usually wear jewelry.


i'm not familiar with Chanel for Men (this Sart blog is introducing me to a lot of men's fashion) but i think i have a new fantasy... affording Chanel!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Sorry not really diggen the look. It's a bit dated I think. A little G.A. early 1990's. Maybe it will grow on me but really can't see myself in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 PM) : 

oh yes...CHANEL!



A.I.Lastar

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

I'd lose the necklace and pull the pants out of the boots. Otherwise, I like these looks. The long sleeves would probably drive me crazy but I love all of these clothes. Jacket (#2 pic) pattern/texture is sweet. Close buttons in the last jacket are a fresh change from the usual.

 

Blogger AL said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Love the photography.. don't really dig the clothing...
The model made the clothes look decent, but not for the average joe. Photo 1 and 2 i dont get. something about the length perhaps. the 3rd.. no inner shirt makes me uncomfortable. the last one is quite traditional so, nothing much to say.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I like only the last shot, Brad looks ridicilous in others.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Beautiful, chic clothes that will transcend time.

 

Blogger StyleFitz said ... (3:29 AM) : 

think this set of pictures are great. really leave a good impression bout chanel, appreciate the not wearable comments but still think i'd give the pearl look a go, only if i can find the chanel ones though.

are the pearls taken from the female range?

 

Blogger Fash said ... (3:51 AM) : 

chanel pour homme.. I was soooo-dumb i didn't know it existed!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:45 PM) : 

I do...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

Love that last shot - Beautiful!

 

Blogger K'arhol said ... (12:16 PM) : 

all about style !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Great picture, just full of style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Wow.
Beautiful man + beautiful shot.
You always leave me stunned, Sartorialist.

-t.blue

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

The last picture is completely stunning. He is incredibly handsome with a classic and refined style. My dream man. :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting