This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist on Ice

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Sartorialist on Ice

If all goes according to plan I will arrive in Moscow this Saturday. I will shoot around the city and at the Russian Fashion Week.

I have no idea what I will find there but it will be (hopefully) a fun adventure.

Comments on "The Sartorialist on Ice"

 

Blogger polina said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I can't believe it! I'm the first here for now, and I'm Russian, living in Moscow. So, you are welcome, Sart! I've been following your blog for about a year, and I'm really keen on it. It's very inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

whoa, that's awesome! I'm excited that you are expanding your horizons.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:12 AM) : 

That's exciting. I can't wait to see if Eastern fashion is as motivated by Eastern style as Western fashion is, right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

cool! you'll definetly find a lot! I'm from Moscow and when I see another interesting outfit (what happens quite often) I always think about your blog.
if you're interested visit www.lookatme.ru/look (texts are in Russian, but the language of photography is an international language)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Moscow is amazing, I've never seen such beautiful women in my life. And even the very old ladies have fantastic skin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Welcome to Moscow! No doubt you'll find what you want - people there do have style and sense of humour!

 

Blogger Arethusa said ... (10:47 AM) : 

How wonderful for you! Can't wait to see your photographs. I hope you have a splendid time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I'm arriving there friday!
Have fun, as will i!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Very curious to see how the dress-sense is in Moscow ...shoot your shot Sart !!

take care and have a safe trip.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Moscow is amazing in awestruck sense of the word. A fabulous blend of east and west. All of Russia strikes me that way: as an actor I had of course done a number of Checkhov productions which invariably featured birch trees, but tiny birch trees. when the plane landed outside of Moscow and I looked outside the window, there were birch trees as far as the eyes could see, but gigantic! God's pick up sticks. and after that everything seemed so outsize. In fact, many 19th century Russian paintings remind me of Remington and his crowd-huge canvases to represent huge spaces.

The otherness of Russia is endlessly fascinating. Be certain that you visit Moscow's incredible subway system. A series of stage sets for some seriously stylish folks and some not so style conscious salt of the earth. Have a wonderful time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I am Russian, living in Boston for the last 10 years. I just came back from Moscow 2 weeks ago and I LOVED it! Russian girls are beautiful, wish I had more of them here in Boston : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Watch out for russian gangsters. LOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

It´s about time !
That You visit Moscow witht Your camera.
It is going to irritate a lot of people of course.
Having to witness flashy style where money is never (?) a problem.
No understated chic in sight .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Great! Come to St. Petersburg too!

 

Blogger Fashion Serial Killer said ... (2:33 PM) : 

oh wow you are SO LUCKY!!! I wish I was your assistant. I'd love to go to Moscow.. someday....someday.. *sigh*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Yay! Going back to Russia last year and seeing all the girls dress so well inspired me to actually care about what I wear here in US. I'm excited to see what you find.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

That's great! you will undoubtably have a wonderful time - Moscow is a truly fascinating city. i have been a number of times but not recently, can't wait to see your pictures. Try to make it to the Kremlin and eat in a Georgian restaurant - Georgian food is delicious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Sarto widens his net! I'm excited. Have fun!

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I cant wait to see what you do! Be careful and all of that good stuff.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Nice! Can't wait to see Moscow through the Sartorialist's eyes..

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:19 PM) : 

You know, whatever you shoot will be terrific!
Travel safe!
On a related note, I'm going to Tokyo for 10 days on Tuesday for the first time.....!

Anybody have any 'must see' tips? Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

ps - it's good if you can learn the cyrillic alphabet. It's actually not difficult and won't take you long. Russian is a phonetic language and it's really helpful if you can read some signs especially on the subway. have a great trip!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

I have lived in Moscow since my birthday (it is uncommon, because this city full of emigrants) and i want to tell you that Moscow is "black shoes city". No style. No interesting shops. I will be very surprised if you have 2 or more stylish fotos.
Russian fashion week is poor show, not Milano or Paris.
On the streets you will see a lot of ladies with d&g, prada, chanel logos. they wnna be glamorous...

 

Blogger Irina said ... (2:59 AM) : 

So exciting! Love Moscow and Russian girls have a unique style of their own. Very different from funkiness of New York and the hipster elegance of Paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

challenge= dont shoot any fur

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:52 AM) : 

Oooh I'm so excited ! Please make sure to shoot some students from MGIMO University (I'm one of them...) Enjoy your stay, you'll see : Moscou is awesome ! I hope you'll find the pictures you're looking for !

French girl in Moscou :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 AM) : 

I am incredibly jealous. I visited Moscow a few years ago, and Russian culture moved me deeply. Russians are a stunningly beautiful people. My only plea to you is to have an open mind about what constitutes beauty and style in Russians' eyes; don't focus only on those people who have adopted an understated "Westernized" look.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (11:20 AM) : 

well, it is very interesting to see Your pictures from Moscow. except those girls, that i've already saw on ur page: Vika, Shakhri, Polina...
who will be Ur next fashion victim? :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 AM) : 

Please, come to Riga, Latvia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Well yeah, I am originally from Moscow too, visiting approx. once a year, wonder if you found what you were looking for. There are plenty of glamorous women in Moscow, though not always stylish, often just rich and bling-blingy... hope you have better luck!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting