This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist & Gant Exhibition Now Open

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Sartorialist & Gant Exhibition Now Open





The photography project I have been working on with Gant is now on display at their new Fifth Ave flagship store.

When & Where:
Gant
Fifth Ave @ 51st street
The exhibit will be open until October 30th

The exhibition is open to the public, and I would really enjoy your feedback.

for more information about the project go to http://www.gant.com/thesartorialist

Comments on "The Sartorialist & Gant Exhibition Now Open"

 

Blogger tv said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Wow! Are these shots for GANT's campaign? They're certainly more than worthy. Chic and beautiful, Scott.

One question for all the fellas: I would never try to wear a sweater this thick underneath a blazer for fear of looking over-stuffed. What say you? It certainly looks great layered with the collar and all---and very good on this handsome guy---but how often have you pulled this look off? Bravo to this man (or his stylist) for making it appear practical and beautiful.

And I love how the coffee cup on the curb just lines up perfectly with her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Oh my god! Its such a shame not to live in NY in this moment! I can't believe it...any plans for NYE? I'd love to pop in if possible! BTW love both looks, but his jacket combination looks particularly cool!
X.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Agh, I'm so pissed that I don't live in New York or near there. I always see these events being hosted with open invites to the followers of the blog. I think that is incredible. I would love to attend to some of them.

As for the above styles: The gentleman with the layered black and brown; simply pro. He's just flaunting his knowledge of dress and concept of coordination. Furthermore... I love those jeans. I swear they were made to be worn with a black/brown ensemble. They are very obviously a brown jean, but I still see a black wash, throughout.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

i would love to go!!! but i can't...i'm in Shanghai writing my degree thesis about branding:-(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Love the background of these two shots!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

love the way her scarf sits. i can never get mine looking that full & luxurious!

 

Blogger journaler said ... (10:06 AM) : 

i like how both are in front of graffiti

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I don't like the scale of the huge scarf on top or the bulk of the shiny black shoes on the bottom. They make her feet look like Minnie Mouse. These proportion errors, to my mind, obliterate the person. All I see are the scarf and shoes and I'm not that taken with either one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

He looks so perfectly put together. The chunky sweater underneath it all ties it all together, but I love the boots. This photo captures perfectly a man at ease in his environment -that tagged wall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Does this guy look exactly like Brad Davis from the movie Midnight Express in the 1970s or is it just me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

i can't take the man on the top. he's GORGEOUS and perfectly put together. the girl is lovely as well. looks good on her b/c she's tall and thin. oversized scarf incredible.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:29 AM) : 

so exciting!

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I love both looks.

The Fella: Great neckline. I like the brown/black combo topped with the charcoal blazer and black leather accessories. I wish I had a man that dressed like that!

The Lady: I love black. Black leggings topped with a blazer with what looks like tails? The scarf looks great with her short hair style. I want those shoes!

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Hope you raise a lot of money!

I love the cream scarf on her!

The guy looks a bit layered but.....I like it.

Shiny jeans though, never did get that fad. I know it is an unwashed look but denim is best to me with a softer finish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Oh how I wish I was in New York now! sigh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

First photo.
That is what a Man is called.

L.

 

Blogger MAJoR said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Not only is this guy hot, but i love the way he's layered! GREAT pic sart! it could have easily looked bulky and uncomfortable but the fit is fab :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Two Questions:
Does that mean the pubic can rsvp?
& Is it 21+?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:31 AM) : 

this morning: one of the most magnificent mis-reads of all time.

real headline: "The Sartorialist & Gant Party This Thursday!"

what I saw: "The Sartorialist & Giant Panty This Thursday!"

granted, it was early when I read this. but you must admit it's sort of catchy, Sart. :D

http://graficionada.blogspot.com/2008/10/slight-departure.html

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (11:49 AM) : 

The second photo is particularly brilliant. The proportion of the shot but also of her outfit is really visually interesting.

 

Blogger okso said ... (12:09 PM) : 

lovely woman. i thought it was the scarf, but no, its the boots that are drowning her. lovely otherwise.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (12:33 PM) : 

swoon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Well, well, well... Looks like Sart is back in fine form once again with the last several images! Classic, timeless, modern, sleek and very much in the spirit of the internationlist-- in other words, Sart is back in his true sartorialist fine form.

Love these two portraits. The handsome gentleman you've shot before, and is so very much deserving of a return: His style is easy, refined and so effortless.

The young lady is achingly beautiful and looks like a dream-come-to-life of a Aubrey Beardsley drawing; with her long elegant silhouette. And it also helps that she reminds me of the gorgeous Natalie Portman.

I love the physical and regal beauty of both these stylish individuals set against the iconic, raw and grittiness of a very NYC graffitied backdrop.

Your eye sir, is an inspiration to all :-) Thank you so much for sharing!

--PLO

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:46 PM) : 

ooh, nice pic.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:56 PM) : 

being a scarf addict = 1 word !!
Wow !!!

As for the first picture :
This look suits the guy perfectly...a combination of soft & rough, just like his face

 

Blogger Brian said ... (1:10 PM) : 

HELP! This giant scarf is trying to eat me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Why can´t my husband learn to dress like this gentleman? He has the same items hanging in his closet but can never combine them so well. He won´t listen to me either. Maybe this photo will strengthen my case.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I knitted my boyfriend a sweater very much like that gentleman's.

I love her shoes.

Is it that cold in NYC already?

 

Blogger Marcela! • said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Pure glamour!

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (2:08 PM) : 

First shot, roughin' it with class. Love it.

Second shot, gi-mondo scarf chic.
Adore it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Yes this fellow looks just like Brad Davis. I noticed it right away. Sadly he is no longer alive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Wow and I thought my Birkenstocks looked orthopedic. Holy Cow. Creepy Victorian Orthopedic shoes.

 

Blogger Urbanizer said ... (3:01 PM) : 

SHE!!!
is awwwwwwwe gosh I have to print that picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

The guy in the first photo reminds me of Fred Ward as Henry Miller in 'Henry and June'. Sexy.

 

Blogger mette said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Have we seen this girl before? I think that there is somewhat too much scarf around her neck. Surely it´s not that cold yet. And what about the shoes-they look awful. Is she able to walk on them?

 

Blogger Donnie said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I like both pictures. Both guy and girl look even better standing in front of the graffiti. The scarf is a little to big for my taste.

 

Blogger Aussie said ... (3:44 PM) : 

I like the weight distribution of the clothes in the second photo.
Black skinny pants & jacket + oversized offwhite scarf = original and adorable.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:59 PM) : 

That girl looks A M A Z I N G ! The scarf, the shoes, the all-black outfit, haircut, everything! Flawless!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I wish I could be there. Best of luck!

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (6:09 PM) : 

They both look quite cozy. I'm not particularly fond of either look, but am jealous that they can layer like that already. Sucks being in DC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

I've seen the guy in Soho a couple of times (I think he's been on here too). He works or used to work at Ben Sherman or a store on the block

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

I love both looks but they seem to be out of season. I havethe same question that others have posted; Is it that cold in NYC?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

the guy doesn't look good at all. too over styled and contrived. i think he works in east village jv store.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Would love to go!...But I'm around 24 hours away in Australia... But I hope it goes well.
Thank you for this blog, your posts keep me connected to the city I love!

 

Blogger Miranda said ... (9:10 PM) : 

your photos are amazing
i would love to come to the party but i'm afraid i might not be old enough!
i'm assuming you must be 21 no? and i'm not even 18 hahaha
but regardless, the campaign looks great. i hope you enjoy the party!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (9:32 PM) : 

These are two fantastic photographs. Great job!

Wish I could be in NYC but, alas, can't. All the best for the party/auction!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Does anyone know where the girl's shoes are from? They are to die for!

 

Blogger N said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I distinctly remember seeing her last winter on your blog
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2008/01/on-streetthat-coat-les.html
she certainly has a thing for interesting outerwear

I look forward to seeing you at the party

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:56 PM) : 

I have to say my all time favorite shot on this blog was one you took of this girl wearing a very unique plaid jacket (as dorky as that sounds on paper it was rocking). It was last year or the year before. She was either in Milan or Sweden and she's one of the few people I've looked at and thought "I would love to look like THAT". I can honestly say I never feel like I want to look like anyone else.... but she is special to me.

She's my Sartorialist all star, numero uno. I put her above the Voguettes and all the style people you've shot who are lovely, really, but none can tough this lady IMO. Ugh, I hate to gush over people but I can't stop myself.

As for the dude. I love what he's wearing, although I'm not a huge fan of cuffed jeans. He's ultra sexy. I reckon he can wear anything and look good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 AM) : 

i would love to go, but is it 21+ ?

 

Blogger elena said ... (6:56 AM) : 

the shoooooeeeesssss!
unforgetable!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Those lace up, wedged, peeptoed booties are fantastic. I'm not too familiar with the label Gant, but are those shoes by them?? If someone could point me to the direction where i can purchase those booties, it would be much appreciated.

Sart, congrats on the exhibition! Would love to check it out but alas, all the way in Sydney.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Damn, that doods got hella layers on. How can he not be sweatin balls.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Thank you for putting the NECK back on the fashion radar. Your celebration of scarves and necklines generally is wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

She looks fantastic with that big scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

For me, this is an ideal look for a man. Functional, stylish and elegant. I shall have the boyfriend take notes...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:36 PM) : 

the thing that really makes the first shot for me is that little flash or red in the lining of his jacket. i suppose it's more about the overall photo (in terms of colour composition) than just the clothes...i generally love a neutral colour palette anyway - especially if there is a mixture of interesting contrasting textures to keep it from being too drab. i've never liked shiny jeans for myself but they seem to work in this case.

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (4:51 PM) : 

I guess I'm the only one who finds the uneven cuffs (revealing the tops of the cool boots) to be a little affected and stumpifying. Small quibble, though. He still looks great. And I love that the rusty yellow/orange tones in the graffiti match the jeans seam and are bringing out the sweater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

she looks so much like my friend andrea ..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:29 AM) : 

Wish I could have made it tonight. Any way you could give us a little more advance notice in the future?

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (3:50 AM) : 

i love the volume made by scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

yes it's that cold right now! (although this weekend might warm up a bit). it's actually been the *perfect* weather for layering...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

wow, i love her style! so simple!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Love the layering in the first shot and that fabulous thick scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

looking great again as ever Andrea.

 

Blogger Bluetramontana Style said ... (5:11 AM) : 

good job..

 

Blogger liz song mandell said ... (12:39 PM) : 

wish i were in ny to see it a.live.
:(

wonderful images and fun/short/digestable profiles. how did you pick these people?

and..my. brian is a hunk-of-a-man! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

the man in the photo...edible. yum. mmmmm...

 

Blogger Jeffrey Byrnes said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I absolutely love the first one! Great shot and the lighting is impeccable.

Jeff

lenshare.com

 

Blogger Lemming Lime said ... (8:21 PM) : 

i love that draped scarf. beautiful pictures day after day, thank you for making me happy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I really love the questions. They are inspiring and together with the pictures give an accurate picture of how amazing and full of energy NYC can be, it makes you wanna move there instantly!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting