This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...The Parisian

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On the Street...The Parisian

Comments on "On the Street...The Parisian"

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Tres Chic... I think the coat is just a tad long..she looks petite.. maybe a taller heel on the shoe... other than that..C'est Magnifique!

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:42 AM) : 

LOVE that coat!! LOVE her!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

This woman looks very very great!! This coat is beautiful, I love it...
I hope I look like her, when I'm in her age...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:56 AM) : 

This is why I love Paris!! I want to be her when I grow up!

 

Blogger Brightlightwarriornika said ... (9:00 AM) : 

ella es fabulosa

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

terribly chic.

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (9:05 AM) : 

if this isn't chic, i don't know what is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Por favor, por favor, por favor....

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Lighter pants, please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

elegance, sofisticate but agressive and new...divina

 

Blogger *L said ... (9:17 AM) : 

im not crazy about her jacker, but gotta give her snaps for doin the damn thing.

 

Blogger Rosie said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Since living in France one of the things that I think is fantastic, compared to in the UK, is that as women get older they become MORE stylish, where as in the UK they seem to 'let it all hang out'. Not that that's a bad thing (hey, you've got to have some time to relax, right?), but it is something I love about older French women. And they are never, ever without a pair of chic designer sunglasses.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Interesting.

Maybe it looks better in person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

A deadringer for Imelda Marcos

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

tres chic. mais, how about a pencil skirt with a pair of heels with that beautiful coat. something seems off on scale with the pant. thinner or thicker legs with heels could help. but hey, she's lovely. i'm just being picky and honest. love love love the necklace, hair, glasses, coat.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 AM) : 

I want to be her when I grow up

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

she is the epitome of elegance.
everything about her is so confident and oozes a knowledge of what suits her and what works. a perfect example of a classic elegant yet modern look. it also feels quite european. she wouldn't look out of place in the inner city of vienna.
hiromix

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Love this lady - the top 20% is so demure & from there down it gets funkier & funkier!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

She is probably a chic lady from le 16eme arrondissement, potentially the grandmother of the girl posted today with the gorgeous flannel pleated pants who probably works in le 3eme arrondisement!
A perfect Parisian style story.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

If I were here I'd go for a softer hair style. Less Elizabeth II and Maggie Thatcher. Other than that, she's lovely

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I can't stop smiling !!
This is me in about 20 years !!
Love her style !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Adore the layered necklaces and the coat is spectacular. FABU!!

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Sophisticated Funky. I love the look but I would like to see a higher heel to elongate her silhouette.

 

Blogger tal said ... (10:54 AM) : 

That's the most beautiful coat I've ever seen! With those chic sunglasses and pearls... wow! I hope I have a fraction of her style when I'm her age!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Love this dame. Perfect. One of my favourite Sartorialist moments.

 

Blogger Fashionista said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I'd do it with cream colored pants and a nice pair of heels - keep that elongated shape going...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

she is the epitome of a chic parisian!! just gorgeous!

 

Blogger B said ... (11:21 AM) : 

im going to have to start wearing pearls like that

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Poise + confidence + animal print = the best lady with pearls and red lips ever.
She is so elegant and lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

CEO of the Cougars!!! Resistance if futile! (Oh yeah, and she's beyond Fabulous!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

She's wearing the wrong shoes for those pants, but the jacket and sunglasses are just great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Interesting how much better this looks when enlarged. While I do like it a lot, I agree with the comment about slimming the leg silhouette or making the heels higher.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

I noticed in Europe that a lot of older women manage to cover up their necks, so I wonder if the pearl choker is being employed this way even if it does look ok. Don't know that I think pearls with the funky coat are right...The pants could be a little shorter and a tad more tapered. But yeah, she looks cool and together.
I agree with another posting that in France (and Italy) older women get bolder and more stylish as they get older. A privilege more women should take advantage of. When I was 18-20 I was dying to look as chic as some older women.You can pile on the jewelry and have the bonus of usually being able to afford better stuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

She looks so chic and modern..like her style has evolved naturally through the eras she's lived, with the exception of the hair. Needs evolution...let it go gray? Softer on the face...something shorter? Glad it's not blonder...as a 46 year old, I find this a challenge as one goes on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

wow givenchy couture !?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 AM) : 

stunning coat. i almost wish the observations by ivy lane & anonymous@9h29 (re: the proportions) hadn't been made because otherwise it would've been perfect afaic. i've got nothing more to add that hasn't been said already.

anon@9h29 (re: imelda marcos) - that made me giggle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

she a remind me of the lady in il travatore when the man take the coat from the other lady to make revenge on her. the animal dress like how she prowl the street look for a man to conquest. bellisima! it is maybe the possible she is actress from days before. beautiful woman who is soft and who one can approach. fellini would love, she push you away with her look but keep you close to watch her. bellisima!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:53 AM) : 

It looks def great! And Nicole kidman has exactly the same coat,while she was wearing it with a short black skirt and really gorgeous black highheels...:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

wow givenchy couture !?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I wonder if she'd adopt me! I'd like to learn at her feet.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Dear God! That is one fabulous coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Hay sart, Great photo, to bad its not saying much

 

Blogger Shawna Elizabeth said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Images like this one make me wish I was old- just so I could pull off such striking and severe looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

She took something that could be perceived as "trendy" and made it a timeless and sophisticated. Fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I think she could have done more damage with a high heel but other than that, she hits the right notes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Wow, Advanced Style is a big fan of this photo. Great Work!
Advancedstyle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

what a hilarious coat. great work though

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (2:35 PM) : 

SO cool. Great shot Sart!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (2:38 PM) : 

looks like iconic Doir shapes

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I am not a fan of leopard at all. So many people get it wrong. But, so few succeed...like her.

Goodness, I want to BE HER. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

look at her smile..
she lookes like she has a secret and no one knows it... mysterious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

From the waist up - perfect, albeit conservative. From the waist down - something doesn't work here.

There were several other older ladies presented here recently, whom I liked much better

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Another stunning grown-up woman! Thanks. I do think her pants need a little tailoring or something to make them look a little sleeker. Perhaps a tad shorter would do it.

 

Blogger belvedere beads said ... (4:01 PM) : 

what a magnificent coat - but she looks so stern. was she happy to have her photo taken?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Nice. The fading leopard pattern creates a very innovative visual effect: it looks like the upper part of her torso is 'floating'. The pants are also very nice, great drape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Looking at her through the eyes of a fellow petite-sized person, I recognize--with compassion!--her need for a bit of tailoring. It is extra challenging to be fashionable when you're short; nothing fits quite right off the rack. I admire her effort. And I love her coat.

 

Blogger Loulou said ... (4:42 PM) : 

i would love it with matching straight/skinny trousers. is it jpg or givenchy??? givenchy tapered trousers would be perfect. that or thigh high stretch calf espresso brown boots

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

ugh i dont think i can get past that coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about the choker, and I think she has on a tad too much makeup, but what I really love are the sharp shoulders on the coat. Wonderful! Agree with others that a skirt would do this coat more justice, but that's just a quibble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

eheh, I'll never ever be able to wear such a dramatic coat, but it looks great on her.

also I love how the whole outfit is comfortable, like "ok, I have a stunning coat and it is normal"... some previous comments mentioned that "she could do more damage" with different trousers or shoes, but I think the key here is exactly that she's NOT dressed-to-impress... low key daring, if possible...

[somehow she reminds me of my mum, indeed...]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

nobody sees something of M.lle Coco in her head? (hair, lipstick, sunglasses, pearls...)

 

Blogger La Clocharde said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Yes, so very Parisian. She's got everything:
-Black
-Pearls
-Rouge
-Sunglasses
-That elegance...
-That "je ne sais quoi"...I think it's an inmortal elegance that some Parisian ladies have.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Double standards. When Nicole Kidman wore a similar coat she was criticised. When this Parisian lady wears it it's 'tres chic'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Hi Mom— I love you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

What a grace!

 

Blogger chicfille said ... (1:51 PM) : 

The green dress is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Bonjour,

Of course Paris, everyone is stylist in Paris. I love that fashion is individualistic there and not just copied from a fashion magazine.

Merci, Zoé

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

She is awesome.

 

Blogger Octopus said ... (10:28 PM) : 

the sushi on her left is just way to good and it's allways full of stylish ladys like this one

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Would someone please show Imelda Marcos this picture?

It might help.

teehee. the verification word is "clapoon" what a cool sounding word. LOL

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:07 AM) : 

WOW, I love her.
The best example of a couture runway to reality.
I want to look like that not just at her age, but at any age. Tres Chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Well frankly I'm tired of women wearing black opaques and heels like a uniform... so kudos to her! The coat makes it the outfit for sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 AM) : 

maravilhosa!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

I normally absolutely DETEST animal prints, and I swore I would NEVER wear them when I was, oh, about 12 years old. For me, leopard print has always 'older woman trying too hard' (that's before I knew of the word 'cougar')

That jacket has actually made me reconsider that vow. Briefly. But still!

As 40 year old embarking in a decade that will mean a lot of change, I like that you aren't just posting young things. It gives me hope.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

She's bcbg.
I do not like the coat, but she is taking the risk and that's more important.
Hey, people, many older women cannot wear high heels!!!
The may have osteoporosis. Heels can be dangerous.
Sarto, congratulations, more posts about middle age and older women and men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

real cool picture, the lady is standing firm and the cars on the background are faded by the too strong sunlight!

 

Blogger h said ... (2:44 PM) : 

I'm not a big fan of the ombre leopard print. Yes, she looks tres chic and elegant, but I wouldn't wear the jacket.


TheFashionableMind.blospot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

oh dear... she is so elegant but the coat is just a disaster.

 

Blogger Jonathan Reverón said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Hello there,

She is Alicia Estrada, from Venezuela. Just google her...

Xoxo,

JRC.-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Karl Lagerfeld, your long-lost female twin, while separated at birth, has returned. She exudes the same timeless class to me I see in him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

Half woman, half cheetah? Watch out!
Covering the neck is a trick for older women - no matter how much care, the neck always gives away age. (See Nora Ephron's essay Why I Feel Bad About My Neck.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

davvero molto elegante...e la collana la rende ancora più chic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Una capa total. Saludos desde Buenos AIres.

 

Blogger secretleaves said ... (11:32 PM) : 

I LOVE the coat. The black at the shoulders bleeds down into the animal print as if she is morphing into a jaguar. Really stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 AM) : 

amazing!!! she looks absolutely stunning!

 

Blogger Charlie Utz said ... (4:23 AM) : 

that jacket is sooo filthy
its great!

 

Anonymous Tante Olivie said ... (2:07 PM) : 

that coat is truly amazing. she should be wearing khaki or lighter pants though.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting