This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Shoulders, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On the Street....Shoulders, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Shoulders, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Wow! Her attitude is awesome! Jacket, pants, shoes and hair are really great, but what about this nail-color and tummy-showing?!

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Wow!

What courage!

a little costume like though

This shows a look above a person. If she is not a designer then who is she......

the shoulders are merely secondary in this look.

That says a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

fun to look at but too costumey for the street. trying too hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

The modesty panel on the tights! That is a innovation to be grateful for. I can't think of a smarter addition to women's clothing since pantyhose themselves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

wow i like it! apart from the exposed midriff. she looks a bit "costumey" but it still works for me :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I'm going to describe this as "fairy tale chic." I like it, but the shoulders still remind me of Snow White, or something. I'd hate it if it weren't all black. It definitely takes a bold personality to wear that. I appreciate it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:31 AM) : 

At last, fashion with a capital F. I would tell her: Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

This is really unique, and, on her, totally HOT. She's fierce. Can I have her phone number, please?

 

Blogger Anna said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I actually love it when people dress whithout considering what others might think...as extreme as it can be. Great look and character!

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I'd love to see the top and pants worn with a slouchy cardigan--not necessarily black. Each item (coat, top, pants) calls so much attention to itself that the ensemble doesn't cohere--though I like each piece.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

cool high shoulders although this doesnt fit for the street by day.

her all black style is cool-chic!

 

Blogger The Good Life in Virginia said ... (9:58 AM) : 

love the skirt, and the booties...and black tights...that all works fine...the rest of the outfit doesn't work too well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I am completely astounded by the positive comments left here. Really?

I really hope this isn't driving fashion.

 

Blogger Rebecca Jane said ... (10:21 AM) : 

she looks fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

ISH!!!

 

Blogger Milt-fresh_best-dressed said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I agree with anna on this! people are always following the rules and most of all not being themselves. But with this brave soul, she dares to be different. She does like the commercial and lives above the influence

 

Blogger Caaah said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Bravo! Here's to not watering it down for the "streets". I would even add one of my big amber rings.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:58 AM) : 

mmm, this gothic look features great with Irenas beauty!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:05 AM) : 

She is great! I love it! I don't even care if it is a bit much for the streets, it's amazing and she can totally rock it.

 

Blogger ZANA BAYNE said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Goodness. She wears margiela SO WELL! I would love to see MORE people dressed like this in the daytime.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:15 AM) : 

From the waist down, I like it. The shoulders don't do it for me, and the exposed mid-riff doesn't really fit with the layers and boots, or well, at all actually. I never liked the exposed midriff look (except at the beach), even when it was very much the thing (when was that. . .late 90s? Early Aughts? I guess I've blocked it out.) Cute boots and leggings and skirt, though. That's a look I might copy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

is that Irina Lazareanu?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

those margiela leggings/pants are sick
and her jacket is fabbbbb
chic goth-ish look. love it.
but not loving the peek-a-boo of the tummy.

but all together a sick look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

margiela forever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Wheeee!! Love it. God bless costumey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

She is quite sexy--I think I would have a girl crush on her and take her for a nightcap at Le Palais de Tokyo...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

When a woman dresses like this, she's ABSOLUTELY considering what others may think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Welcome back, dear divas!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:08 PM) : 

That is corageous, certainly...interesting but i'm not quite sure yet if I like it or not...maybe its because we can't see the back side of the coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

risky.......and it works.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Gregory Smith said this reminded him of Snow White...

I see the Evil Queen.

I can't imagine seeing a person wearing this in a crowd of denim and t-shirts. Terrifying but indeed intriguing.

 

Blogger the_eye_collector said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I wish more women would employ that innovative way of avoiding the dreaded camel-toe. Bravo!

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Cool look. I appreciate costumey. I dig it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

I love the tights and booties, but i think the shoulders and midriff are a terrible choice. she's a very brave soul though! props to her. I'm hopeful to know what the rest of her wardrobe looks like.

 

Blogger mette said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Nope,not feeling this at all.But if she is on her way to some costume show,well then I understand.

 

Blogger Jac LOCO said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Love the boots, love the black...
Very dramatic does day... gutzy - I like!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Visionary, for real!! Tight goth look!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Halloween isn't for two more weeks.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (4:01 PM) : 

to Zana Bayne :

you're absolutely right ! It's a Martin Margiela coat she's wearing...
Belgian designers rule !!

 

Blogger Paris and Pascual said ... (4:06 PM) : 

the shoulders on this jacket is amazing. i love the drama it creates!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I love everything but wouldn't dare wear the coat, it's really nice and looks great..on HER. I find it too costumey for the street, esp. for daytime. Just wondering though, was there anything special going on when this photo was taken (besides Paris fashion week)? Or was this really one of her "everyday"outfits?

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Superb! Such an awesome look. Except for the cigarette which means her wonderful ensemble smells like smoke...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

neat! It looks like the blogger @ Kingdom of Style, but maybe it's not her..

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Sometimes this is how I'm dressed in my mind.

On the outside I'm dressed more like the gal below.

I wonder how these folks dress in their daydreams. Or should I coin them "sartorial-dreams"?

 

Blogger PopMachineUK said ... (4:42 PM) : 

True-Blood!

Vamp-Goth

The pants are interesting. Is it an all in one pants/skirt?

A gutsy combination, but I think its been pulled off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

"people are always following the rules and most of all not being themselves"

That's more than a little presumptuous. Just because someone doesn't want to look like a walking art exhibit does not mean that s/he isn't being him/herself.

I love the outfit apart from the exposed tummy (too 90s! too soon!), and I wonder where she's going.

 

Blogger Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said ... (5:20 PM) : 

I am loving that silhouette!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

I love how it's hard to tell what's going on with this outfit because everything's black, the pants(trousers) have got an interesting panel at the front and the jacket is unusually structured. It's obviously a very complex, thought-out outfit, but she somehow manages to make it look very underkey and normal which is clever.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Ooh, how I love puffy sleeves, and this gorgeous girl takes it to a whole new level, so theatrical! I might crack out my overly puffed sleeve Costume National blazer, inspired by her fearlessness :)

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Yeah, it's slightly "costumey" but I love it. She works it. I don't care if it's 9 a.m. She is a breath of fresh air. The sexy evil stepmother in an S&M fairy tale. She punish me any time.

I would wear everything she's got on but not all together. I really love the jacket in all its drama. The tights are so unique and crazy. I'm not sure about the top because I don't know what it is but it's not likely I'd wear it and bare my navel around town.

I dig her hair and her nails and her great profile.

She's perfect as she is.

 

Blogger BT said ... (6:07 PM) : 

I wish I had the nerve to wear this outfit. She looks stunning and if I were her, I'd be proud to wear it anywhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

definitely vampire goth... very Parisian true blood (would never fly in the u.s. south, right?)

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (7:08 PM) : 

A study in how to wear black. Wonderful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:11 PM) : 

love!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

IRINA IS HOT.

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (9:00 PM) : 

I know the story behind her pants :D I've seen them as jeans before. I believe they're inspired by the sillohette created by wearing stockings and a skirt together, and margiela intended to re-create this sillohette in 1 garment. Its a beautiful touch, but I think that the pants would be much more appreciated in a subtle, understated look.

Now if only he could merge shoes and socks together...that would be a timesaver

Rhys

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

Definitely not Irina.
I wonder how long it will be until the exposed midriff makes a full-fledged comeback. I was never a fan, but I'm always interested to see who will take the risk.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

The theme song from The Jetsons is now running through my head...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

So encouraging to see someone dressing like this!

What is all this crazy talk about night/day wear? That's so so so old fashioned. People should do what they want- all the time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

I love it so much I won't even hate. Instead I'll congratulate. That is the chic-est look I've seen on this blog in while. Uhm, I'll love anyone who can tell me who on earth made those leggings with the tummy panel skirt thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 PM) : 

GASP mon dieu!!!!!! minus everything but the jacket.

where could i ever find such a jacket? i feel such an obsession toward it i might have to make one myself.

 

Blogger thwany said ... (12:27 AM) : 

this reminds me of that episode of will and grace where karen and her nemesis lady both want shoulder transplants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

thank god for 'costumey'.
finally a relatively captivating image.

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (2:29 AM) : 

No one would look at her twice in Paris. That's what makes her so brilliant, well and Paris too. Unfortunately the mass conservativists in NYC wouldn't dig this very much. She's probably Carine Roitfeld's assistant. Or she should be. She's brilliant because she just is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

simply divine.

 

Blogger Fashionstyle said ... (3:03 AM) : 

Special but lovely !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 AM) : 

Wow, that´s some bad ass shoulders!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 AM) : 

I love it. It also reminds me of 1990s Seoul fashion.

 

Blogger 凹me,凹u,凹the world said ... (12:14 PM) : 

she look like Inrina's style

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (12:35 PM) : 

lagerfeld's idea of a linebacker

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

That coat is FABULOUS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Man, she RUINED it with this peek of her tummy. Give me a break! Only on the beach, sweets.

Other than that, what a command she has! Incredible profile.

 

Blogger la gata lista said ... (3:25 PM) : 

i love this! it's like gareth pugh for real life.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I WANT THOSE LEGGINS. Pure genius ... why didn't someone think about this before we got assaulted visually by camel toes? Where can I get these in NY?

 

Blogger Jessie77 said ... (6:28 PM) : 

very bold i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

This seems somewhat inspired by PJ Harvey's Victorian Gothic look for her White Chalk album last year:
http://cache01.stormap.sapo.pt/fotostore01/fotos//8f/af/1d/50176_00093t07.jpg

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 AM) : 

so far she's the best classy goth i've ever seen!so cool, so vampire, so spooky yet so beautiful...j'aime beaucoup cette madame, grrr!!!

 

Blogger Wes Janisen said ... (3:16 AM) : 

I don't see costumy at all, I see freakin couture! I love this look. Not everyone could pull this off, but I think she looks really edgy - in the good way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

That's Irina Lazareanu, isn't it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

Je crois reconnaitre l'endroit, proche du Palais de Tokyo, musée que j'adore. Amazing pictures, as usual.
A bientôt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

She's got a truly gorgeous profile...

 

Blogger la femme said ... (5:18 PM) : 

One of my favourites.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Looks fab as ever...her name's Yasmina Dexter. Does PR in London.

 

Blogger Marian said ... (5:30 AM) : 

she looks fabulous!Love the proportions of the outfit,she wears it effortlessly.
x
marian

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

i have margiela envy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

She obviously has a thing for margiela.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

her name is caroline, the girl at gnarlitude knows her
http://www.gnarlitude.com/2008/10/25/and-she-offers-me-sleep-under-her-black-wings/

 

Blogger Obsolete Antics said ... (10:47 PM) : 

She's amazing. I would die if I saw someone wearing this on the streets of my city.

 

Anonymous Tante Olivie said ... (2:12 PM) : 

ROCK IT GIRL.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting