This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Mr. Pinguet, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 06, 2008

On the Street...Mr. Pinguet, Paris

Comments on "On the Street...Mr. Pinguet, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 AM) : 

Such a great mix of prints and patterns !
Always nice to see a smiling Parisian.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Oh, yes! This one is nice. Nice smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

The patterns really make it come alive - the tiny check on the suit and the dots on the scarf. And is that a lace pochet?

 

Blogger Somnia Carvalho said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Very french, very charmous, very natural...

 

Blogger Capitano said ... (7:10 AM) : 

A perfect dandy!

BUENA VIDA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

he looks great - perfect! love the way he's playing with scale and proportion in his choice of attire. Lovely hair, beautiful smile, really nice photo.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Checks, dots and stripes, oh my! Looks like a wonderful man, as well.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:34 AM) : 

the photos you take of men and their clothing is inspiring to a daughter of a once upon a time tailor, thank you.

 

Blogger mette said ... (7:42 AM) : 

He seems to be a jolly chap,who has excellent taste in clothing.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Very classic and stylish!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

It's so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

he's impeccable. what makes him perfect is his smile. and the pocket square. and the scarf. and the mixed textures. and the sleeve showing. but the smile....

 

Blogger steffan said ... (8:25 AM) : 

This outfit goes perfectly with the fall season. The colors go well together and the scarf and handkerchief accentuate/modernize the more classic looking suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Perfect greyish brown with navy, high quality materials with interesting textures and a self-confident yet friendly smile. I hope I´ll meet someone as smooth soon.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:40 AM) : 

The master of pattern. That scarf and suit are fantastic together, the shirt and tie work perfectly with the rest. The pocket square is beautiful and it really lightens the mood of the outfit (try covering it with your finger). It's a great look with or without the square, but definitely different. I wonder if the sweater is a vest- there's no bulkiness to speak of under the jacket? I just love the patterns, not to mention the fit of everything. Mr Pinquet definitely has it right. Thank you.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Nice suit, great smile. I like how his scarf mimics the pattern of the suit, but in a different color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

This is what I love about Paris. The traditional patterns cut in a modern way with scarf as a twist. Everyone there seems to understand this. They all truly understand the importance of 'fit'.
One day my fellow Canadians with start to understand this...

 

Blogger t does wool said ... (10:04 AM) : 

this is a perfect combination of texture and taste!

 

Blogger Urbanizer said ... (10:30 AM) : 

the smile makes it absolutely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

How elegant.

 

Blogger Jean said ... (10:51 AM) : 

What a very attractive man...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I wish I could see the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Great suit, nice texture great lines, perfect fit. I dig the scarf, nice touch. I am not a big hanky fan, but to each his own. Also, his choice of neckwear and shirt (from what I can see from the cuff) is impeccable. I woonder what his shoes look like? Ankle-high leather boots or suede oxfords? Fantastic country/casual urban look. What hat would look good with this outfit? What kind of overcoat would you wear with this outfit? Oil-finished Barbour?

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (11:10 AM) : 

nice and mature style...

 

Blogger beths said ... (12:09 PM) : 

He's gorgeous--if I were a widow, I'd move to Paris and look for him.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I simply adore mixed patterns : checks and polka dots.
Always a winning combination !!

PS Don't you just love the cheekiness in his eyes ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Lindo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Nice smile. I would like to meet him. Well done Sart.

 

Blogger Gentleman Farmer said ... (1:00 PM) : 

This guy is the mix master. I love it.

 

Blogger 888 said ... (1:03 PM) : 

The best thing you can wear is a smile...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I'd like to date him! As in go out. Don't care how old he is!

 

Blogger  said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Ahah ! Monsieur Pinguet !! La vache ! Si on m'avait dit que je le verrai ici...Sacré charmeur ce vieux bourge

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:32 PM) : 

He looks amazing. If I were him, I'd frame this photo and give it to friends and family--a PERFECT portrait. I love his beautiful, understated clothes, the greys and greens and blues, and his expression.

What a wonderful way to start the week!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Where can I buy that awesome thing around his neck? Online preferably...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

I find I have a sudden urge to kiss him. Great mix of patterns, layers, wonderful eyes and a killer smile... he's perfect!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (6:46 PM) : 

It is a very, very nice combination... Being able to combine those styles; I mean, the tie, the suit and the scarf; stripes, houndstooth and dots. It is, I repeat, very nice.

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (6:59 PM) : 

THIS
IS
PERFECT!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:06 PM) : 

wow, the scarf is a perfect touch. i hope i dress and look this dashing when i'm his age

 

Blogger Franki Skye said ... (8:37 PM) : 

What a classic man. He sure looks french...

www.frankiskye.com

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:15 PM) : 

wow, i need to get me a suit like that!

(may I ask what kind of lens you are using?)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

I sometimes like to believe that men in Europe dress better than men in the west and I could be wrong but in this case I don't think I am.

Everything about this outfit mixes. There's no juxtaposition or mismatch of anything in this look! Love how he was able to accessorize with the scarf without making the outfit look at all drab.

he looks dapper and has a dazzling smile :)

 

Blogger jcrew guy in Canada said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Love the suit with the tie and scarf. This guy definitely knows what he's doing.

 

Blogger Jeannine said ... (3:51 AM) : 

Fantastic! Viva la France!

 

Blogger Herbalgirl said ... (6:47 AM) : 

He wears the clothes, the clothes don't wear him! His personality seems to shine through. I'd like to be his friend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I am attractied by his perfect smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Aaaah, wonderful. Just one dot of colour, and it would even be perfect.

 

Blogger andrew said ... (9:07 AM) : 

this is what i aspire to, to look just like him or wear that out fit but give off the same vibe a finesse that this gentlemen

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

well dressed, nice mix, nice smile, o.k. now what? Overall what makes this so interesting? Its seems that people dont question the well dressed photos you post.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:12 AM) : 

amazing protrait...great shot plus the stylism is amazing itself...great choice!

 

Blogger thirty1seven said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Truly classic! Great style, perfect smile..what more do you want from an attractive man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Very cool looking man

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Maybe it's the graphic designer in me, but there is something soothing about this mix of patterns in neutral tones.

Two things on my wishlist: a zoom in on the pocket square (is it dotted on the hem?) and a look at this wonderful person's shoes (could they be black and bone wingtips?).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I should be in Paris. Right now. This is the face, the chic style that IS Paris. I have never seen such a perfect mixture of patterns and Mr. Pinquet is sublime.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Kate G., the pocket square is lace, or a lace-trimmed handkerchief. I have to save images to my hard drive in order to blow them up enough to see details like that. Sart, I'm a bit surprised you didn't respond to anonymous 9:46 A.M. who said "...what makes this so interesting...people don't question the well-dressed photos...". I thought we had addressed what made this outfit interesting- mainly that he's used no fewer than six distnct textures and patterns that work beautifully together in scale and in juxtaposition to one another. The only thing I can think of that would have made his task more difficult would be if it involved a broader palette.

 

Blogger Johanne said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Such an elegant outfit...And his smile makes him look so kind! I like the way he stands out from the blurry background too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Amazing suit. I love the mix of textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I like it... It's a touch of class that we don't see as much anymore.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Exceptional pattern mix!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

he looks ok but I think this guy is better dressed

http://www.thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/chanelparis/IMG_4820.html

http://www.thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/chanelparis/IMG_4863.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Handsome and impeccably dressed! I hope he feels as wonderful as he looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

I'm surprised you caught him alone. I would think this guy would have women swarming all over him. He is the essense of cool...

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Again, another wonderful 'older person' who dresses totally on the mark.

Gorgeous look. Alas, this kind of look would draw stares, here in Chicago.

Everyone needs to develop a 'French attitude' now and then.

 

Blogger k said ... (11:45 PM) : 

the combination of patterns is beautiful and he looks super comfy - which is always a plus!

 

Blogger Bluetramontana Style said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Chic

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (4:53 AM) : 

wow, i'm not sure what we are all loving over here- his smile and that exuding charisma or the clothes... probably BOTH and you can't do better then that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 AM) : 

I love his outfit! The colours are so subtle and his whole look is effortless. His laughing wrinkles complete the whole look (:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Thank you, Dan in Richmond. Lace. Perfect. Rounds out the texture wheel for me. Just for the record I was guessing minimal Swiss Dot embroidery.

 

Blogger Queenie said ... (8:50 AM) : 

My GOD but it's wonderful to receive dispatches from a world where "Joe six-pack" and his baseball hat wearing cronies don't rule the waves.
I'll bet this casually natty fellow never ate a brat while wearing a team sweat shirt in his life.
Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

The whole attire looks wonderful and in harmony colours texture and all but what I love most is that his eyes are also smiling!

 

Blogger Topham Beauclerk said ... (9:42 AM) : 

This photo just makes me happy.

 

Blogger nostyleboys said ... (10:32 AM) : 

every time you post photos of older men I am reminded of my uncle (who actually resembles this guy).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

he is dashing! Love the mix of fabrics/patterns and the pocket square.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

oh my god..if i were about 60 i`d marry this wonderful man! what a fabolous example of male casual elegance!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Oh la la la la! K Q:-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:32 PM) : 

so chic! he looks like money. LOVE it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 AM) : 

what a dish!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:42 AM) : 

patterns of scarf is wonderful! Does anyone know which brand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Very cool, elegant... greeaatttt smile! I would love to date him !

 

Blogger Fashionstyle said ... (3:05 AM) : 

I know him...always smart and chic man!!

 

Blogger Angel of Fashion said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Appropriate for his age. Great choice.

 

Blogger Manolo said ... (3:31 AM) : 

This is perfection to me : a really nice choice of colours and patterns, the greatest relaxed attitude in a rather formal suit and... THAT scarf! I assume Charvet is where one might get one like that, and I think that's exactly where I'll be heading on this lovely and sunny saturday morning here in Paris !

Thank you Scott for this amazing photo, so effortlessly elegant...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

He remember to me an old professor of "the litterature of baroque"I had in faculty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Oh my, how I adore a man with great style!

 

Blogger L said ... (6:48 PM) : 

So warm and inviting....

 

Blogger Jeffrey Byrnes said ... (5:11 PM) : 

This is a magnificent portrait!

Jeff
Lenshare.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Too bad North American men of his age who wear suits are so rarely seen looking so dapper. With them it's always the overly loose and ill-fitted navy blue sack suit.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting