This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Oh, that bag!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 AM) : 

Beautiful jacket and bag!!!!!!

 

Blogger Adrian Lee said ... (4:05 AM) : 

Mmm... well-worn leather bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

Heavenly bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

Made perfect by that pink undershirt. Wonderful. Great bag as well.

 

Blogger Lorenzo Sodi - Andrea Vitali Rosati said ... (4:29 AM) : 

great look...i like this Jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 AM) : 

I like big bags and I can not lie!

 

Blogger niklas said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Lovely bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

I love the colour decision.
That's what I'm thinking about right now. + Trying to combine knited ethno wear with office style.

 

Blogger Laura D'Adamo said ... (4:39 AM) : 

I love this bag...

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (4:45 AM) : 

I love the Scandinavian style designs on knits, got a great one from Oslo some years ago.
The colours look great, I would not combine gray and khaki, he has done it superbly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

L-O-V-E the bag! Knitted sweaters and heavy knit wooljackets are the big thing here in Oslo this season, and there's no wonder why, when you see a perfect example like this. Also love the khaki chinos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

Rue Montmartre?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 AM) : 

I love the print. =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 AM) : 

But the shoes..., such a disapointment on an otherwise flawless outfit.

 

Blogger mikko said ... (5:28 AM) : 

LOVING THE KNIT AND BAG!
only wish the knit was one of them oversized ones and the rest of the outfit a bit more subtle and better coordinated with the materials, color and fit.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Great sweater. What's in the bag?

 

Blogger mette said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Nice knit and the bag would fit a woman too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 AM) : 

This is how I want my boyfriend to dress ;)
Stylish but relaxed.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 AM) : 

Loving that bag! Where can I get that bag?..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:58 AM) : 

oppps..haha took a better look and realized what bag it was..having it opened and lovingly used changed its shape..adoring it more!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

I think he wears kolor.
kolor is the most interesting men's brand in Japan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

I can see, October coming :)

 

Blogger stellawantstodie said ... (7:50 AM) : 

I love your blog!!
I went to milano next week, I hope to find u!!! XXDDDDD

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

where can I get this bag?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Can't see the jacket for that bag!! Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

major bag envy!

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:10 AM) : 

I enjoy seeing the jacket and other color layers, but what's with the shoes? To my eye, they interrupt the look, both in color and style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I love his bag!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Hi, is it a Hermes bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

just the right look for this season!

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (9:36 AM) : 

wow, that jacket is simply too cool to be true! and i love the bag- i'd want that as a woman. The sneakers are very cool too. This guy has everything right going on for him!

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (9:38 AM) : 

This picture is about that BAG!
I'll take two.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

This guy is very chic, but I'm with EVERYONE else. What kind of bag is that, and where can I get one?

Does anyone know?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:52 AM) : 

The bag is Mulberry Piccadilly. They have a smaller version called Bayswater for women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Yes, the jacket is Kolor:

http://www.brownsfashion.com/pages/product/product.asp?prodid=index/men/kolor/95555&ctgry1=designers&siteid=0RpXOIXA500-jZV3FNMu_VwhSTa12RXflw&cookie_test=1

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:58 AM) : 

My Husband Liked his bag. He said he wanted one.

 

Blogger Made by Petter Samulin said ... (10:02 AM) : 

He had such a nice style that didn't look over worked.
And I also Loved that bag, but the knitted jacked was nice to! If someone knows were it's from, I would be grateful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Ohhhh my gosh

j'adore

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:15 AM) : 

That bag is Mulberry

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

The bag is Mulberry. I think it is the larger version of the Bayswater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Thanks for the nice interview, it is online now, lovely greetings, Kathrin www.twoforfashion.de

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Flawless. His proportions and layering are superb and of course, love the kicks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I love that jacket and kolor!!!I think who likes kolor love Maison Martin Margiela.

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Everything about this guy is right! Amazing sweater, awesome bag, cool shoes—all around success story. What a great photo find!

 

Blogger Matthew Williams said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I have to get myself a Mulberry bag then. Can anyone lend me some money?
I think the Puma's go surprisingly well with the overall look. If I didn't see his shoes in the pic, I would have said some kind of oxford shoe or leather boot. But the Puma's are an odd but good choice.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I LOVE knit jackets. They offer some structure and are very comfortable. Has anyone seen the red knit blazer at Club Monaco this season? It's CUTE. It's a solid, but I love this patterned one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

the knit is alexander mcqueen not kolor i believe- i bought the scarf in the same pattern

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

The bag has me too. The weather looks warm there. He looks very cozy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

where or where did he get that bag?

 

Blogger Franki Skye said ... (2:50 PM) : 

I love this blog, like so many others. Wrote about it on my own blog yesterday! Check it out at http://frankiskye.blogspot.com/.

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Oh I just hate his shoes!! They look grubby and for a man with such clear fashion sense there is simply no excuse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Show it close-up. I want to see that pattern -- wait, let me get my graph paper...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:54 PM) : 

I guess I'm the lone dissenter here. I like the bag, and I admire the jacket as a piece in and of itself, but the outfit just doesn't work for me. The jacket looks too short to me, and the tapered khaki chinos are just meh. Honestly, if this wasn't worn by a young good looking guy in Paris with an expensive bag, it would look like an average midwestern grandpa (i.e., my dad). Sorry!

 

Blogger Eysiel said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Nice jacket.
I LOVE THIS BLOOOOOOOOOOG!




A Visitor


P.S. I check like, every day for new pics!

 

Blogger Hortência said ... (4:33 PM) : 

add

blog friends

cool thesartorialist.blog

i like

xD

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:43 PM) : 

LOVE the Bag!

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (5:57 PM) : 

He looks so good with that knit jacket! And of course, the bag's great too :)
Love the picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Now THAT'S bringin' home the Birkin (except that it's a big Mulberry Bayswater...)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:43 PM) : 

i really love the whole outfit, especially the jacket!

 

Blogger eric said ... (9:13 PM) : 

That bag is from Mulberry..probably tons of ppl have already said it but just in case...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Club Monaco has a bag really similar to that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 PM) : 

I thonl that bag is like mine, a Mulberry.

 

Blogger kokyat said ... (10:44 PM) : 

the knit jacket is OK, but the leather bag is the star.

 

Blogger Nimo A M said ... (12:03 AM) : 

i. love. that. bag.
and a man who can pull of pants and a sneaker.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 AM) : 

He looks wonderful! I don't like the sneakers and I think he could look a little cleaner at the top, but somehow the whole works. And of course, that freaking bag, good Lord!

Energie

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (3:29 AM) : 

Yay ,it's Jason Leung! He's a nice guy too...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

Nice cardi!

 

Blogger hannah said ... (4:48 AM) : 

it really is sad that your pictures on style.com can't be seen bigger. could you do something about this?

 

Blogger Gary said ... (6:00 AM) : 

the bag is fascinating..
where can I find this type vintage bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 AM) : 

I suppose it's Mulberry producing that bag...

 

Blogger Alex said ... (6:38 AM) : 

He looks so good!

I love your blog and i look every day.
The styles from the street...amazing!

Alex

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

I'm another dissenter. This doesn't warrant a second look. Jacket's too tight, everything else too rumpled and boring. The sneaks really bring this down.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I want that bag!

 

Blogger The Domina said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I like the construction of this knit jacket but not the pattern. In fact I am in the middle of making a knit jacket for myself for this season with some elaborate stitching design, but all in one color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I would eat ramen to have that bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I have this bag in denim and I can't wait til it it tattered and weathered from years of good use

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

the bag looks like my Bayberry, Bayswater.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (11:51 AM) : 

that jacket is fantastic.

 

Blogger LRB said ... (1:26 PM) : 

That sweater marks the season perfectly. And the bag is gorgeous.

 

Blogger wilsonreps said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Aspen revisited! That bag is fire and so is his posture, good find sart.

 

Blogger Spazz! said ... (3:38 PM) : 

can someone tell me where i can get those shoes they look like pumas but i never seen them before.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Knitted Blazer! That's great! Almost like my new 80s music blog :) Check it out at http://dailyeighties.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (4:26 PM) : 

proper and relaxed.
thumbs up!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:26 PM) : 

He looks relaxed, but everything fits nicely. Great shoes and bag.

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Another instance where I prefer a man's bag for myself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 PM) : 

The kicks kill the outfit. Maybe some simple penny loafers, or boots?

 

Blogger safinastar said ... (12:26 AM) : 

you're right, the knit jacket looks like kolor but at first it reminded me of the iisli women's line knit blazers as well. what a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 AM) : 

He is very well dressed, but also very handsome. Where I can I find that kind of man in real life...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Nice Post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Why is everyone so amazed by the bag? It's true, it's a nice bag. It's Mulberry and it's been around forever!!
The only thing is that it's all leather and it's a bit heavy to cary around all day. I heard that they're making their new bags in thinner, lighter leathers. Hope they're making this model in lighter leather as well as i've given up carrying mine for some time now...
My new favorite is the new Pierre Hardy men's bag...

By the way, I LOVE the jacket!!! Where's it from? Comme des garcons?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

you can find that bag, BAYSWATER, at Mulberry Store. it's unisex but too heavy for women

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

It´s a Mulberry bag, the large bayswater

 

Blogger GK said ... (12:50 PM) : 

love the bag!!!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Great pic, Sart. I love the knit jacket on this young chap. I have seen an Orvis cardigan sweater that looks almost identical to this. I do not care for the bag, and the white "sneakers" are an abomination, IMO. Otherwise, this is a nice look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

i personally like the khaki knit color and texture combination. pink shirt underneath, perfect. Where can i find a knit jacket like that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

he looks wonderful not like he's trying too hard to "be" something he's not.
that bag is great, and it looks like he uses it everyday.
I like the fact he is wearing trainers too.
PERFECT!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:12 PM) : 

love the combination of gray and nude/beige colors.
great classic bag (looks like Hermes)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 PM) : 

This is how people should look when they are popping out on a sunday morning to get coffee. I would prefer boots, maybe brown suede chukka's or some moccasin boots, but those are obvious choices which in some ways take away from the casual simplicity of this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Down to earth look. Not planned though. THATS THE WAY TO GO NOT FAKE IT. Nice sweater but it would have more of an impact if paired with a black leather converse and a black steel watch.

Having something constant is my formula.

http://chrismccardell.wordpress.com/

my first art blog come check it out..

 

Blogger Michelle "Mim" McEwen said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Oh dear me! That bag made me gasp (and moan) out loud!

 

Blogger Michelle "Mim" McEwen said ... (9:48 AM) : 

oh dear me -- that bag!! I gasped (and moaned) out loud when I saw that bag!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:20 AM) : 

www.mulberry.com ... I think it is a Picadilly and not a Large Basywater.

http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c64/930/category/

Rumour has it that Mulberry is launching a US website soon. Can't wait!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Where can I get that bag???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Love that Mulberry bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

It looks so effortless, but still very put together...
LOVE it =)

 

Blogger andrea said ... (7:38 PM) : 

I love the bag...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

I'd like that bag to go,please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

is a man allowed to carry a hermes birkin bag? or would he be shot down?? please comment!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

that is mulberry, no birkin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

It's a (delicious) Mulberry Piccadilly. Although you can't buy it like that, you have to work for that lovely vintage feel. I love how subtle Mulberry are... such confidence in design.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

This is in my top five looks for men in The Sartorialist. The fair-isles type jacket/cardigan fits him beautifully and the salmon colored t-shirt and charcoal button down is a great combination. Really makes the reddish colors in the jacket stand out. The Mulberry bag is so classy and contrast nicely with this casual look. I'd like to see what else is in his closet.

 

Anonymous Accounting Services said ... (5:45 AM) : 

hey... really nice jacket...
its accounting from Switzerland...
hmmm.. lol

 

Anonymous Rifa said ... (3:49 PM) : 

it all flows perfectly...love the bag

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting