This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street..... Workwear Chic, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 09, 2008

On the Street..... Workwear Chic, Milano

Comments on "On the Street..... Workwear Chic, Milano"

 

Blogger Michael Rex said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Is wearing scarves the big thing now? I mean, should I be hipping myself to this trend or is it just a European thing. I live in Germany and a lot of guys wear them but is it like a global trend now?

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Looks like one of those work shirts one picks up from the thrift stores or the Army/Navy surplus place... EXCEPT. The shoulders are perfectly turned, the sleeves fit just so, and the placket is sewn diagonally to the edge of the shirt. It is perhaps by one of those Japanese designers that are inspired by early 20th Century work clothes? I love this, the closest think I own is a vintage LLBean overshirt, which I cherish! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

he's back and he's STILL gorgeous with great style. love the flat front, the monochromatic color scheme with a brighter green to pop it around his neck. and even though i sound like i love all the effort, he makes it look effortless which is what we all want right?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Very cute. That scarf is perfect.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I love the glasses, scruffy beard, and hair. It reminds me what I have to look forward to when I'm older.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Perfection!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Ascots for the people! The last time we saw Robert here he wore an ascot as part of a more traditional ensemble but it's certainly not traditoinal with this one. I love it-I like surprizes! It's interesting how seeing this second look really makes me love the concept whereas upon seeing the first I just accepted it as nothing out of the ordinary. Of course now I'll picture him in an ascot every day- and who knows?

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (9:50 AM) : 

again, the scarf is just wonderful !! It's makes the outfit complete. Would like to find out what shoes he's wearing ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Isn't this Robert that we saw earlier in NY? Seems to have a knack for sophisticated color choices in the ascotesque scarf.

Nice colors in the photo. The blue sleeve, red tail light and yellow on the pavement set up a nice primary triangle as a middleground.

 

Blogger k said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Who is this man? He's on here pretty often.

 

Blogger squajo said ... (9:57 AM) : 

A growing trend.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:10 AM) : 

good scarf. green color makes his outfit more positive)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Like the scarf. Like the glasses. The rest of the outfit, however, makes me think less of "workwear chic" and more "Maoist famine" and "Steel mills in every backyard to crush the Running Dogs of Western imperialism!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

What a great simplistic look. Nothing flashy, but everything comes together very nicely. I can only hope to dress this well in years to come.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I wear one nearly everyday and I'm in America. But, then again, I work on a ranch and it's a functional item and not a frilly decoration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Those glasses are beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I think he looks so french. Wonderful!
I love your pics.
/Katarina, from Sweden

 

Blogger Morgan said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Hey pop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

2nd instalment for slow learners...

If you still don't get this give up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

beatnik chic

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:34 PM) : 

He is an ascott workin' maniac. I like his style a lot.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (2:55 PM) : 

I have a collection of vintage scarves. This guy is gonna make me start wearing them. I also have a pair of glasses like that.

It's funny how something you already own can look so cool on another person, yet you hesitate to wear it yourself.

He reminds me of my attempts to be "bohemian" while in college.

 

Blogger jkh said ... (5:19 PM) : 

flawless. a master.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Love the scarf and the glasses. The wore one (scarf that is) the other day after seeing it so much in this blog. Everybody liked it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Papa Di Caprio?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:08 AM) : 

reminds me of a dapper salt and peppered college professor that you could teach you a lot. a lot. ;)

 

Blogger Indiana said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Hands down, my favourite guy look ever to appear on Sartorialist! Every detail is perfect! Love the cravat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Castro would be proud of that jacket.

He's gotta be a professor someplace

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I don't know about this one. Sure, I like the scarf, but doesn't this jacket make his head look too big for his body?

Or is his head just too big for his body?

 

Blogger Look said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Robert Rabensteiner, he's a stylist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

LOVE HIS SPECS

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (11:48 PM) : 

Several comments about "years to come" , "when I'm older", etc. I know when I first commented on him I said he looked older until I enlarged the photo, but he looks fairly young to me-clear skin, unlined face, etc. Age perceptions based on these photos are intersting and not, I think, always accurate. Anyway, Robert is rocking in my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

I like it. simple and fitted. The bottons are pecfectly placed.A barret would make it nicer, i think.

A.I. Lastar

 

Blogger John said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Will the image of Thurston Howell ever be forgotten enough for a man to wear a scarf without being viewed in caricature mode? The media persists in using a man in an ascot as a milquetoast. Sigh.

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I love it!
From the glasses to his hairstyle and beard, to all the shades of green. Great photo.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:22 PM) : 

It saddens me that nobody commented on his eyes. He has pretty eyes (I wear glasses, too, and they don't block your eyes, they can accentuate them).

Pretty eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Love his natty scarf - where can I get something like this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

*LOVE*

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting