This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Biking Beauty, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the Street.... Biking Beauty, Milano

Comments on "On the Street.... Biking Beauty, Milano"

 

Blogger styledigger said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Beautiful lady, beautiful photo.Her trench coat looks perfect.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:42 AM) : 

I can't tell, at this angle... is she riding that bike with wedges? If so, she's brave. Such a classy look on a beautiful bicycle. This is a perfect example of how fashion goes for more than just your clothes.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Beauty!

She reminds me of the love interest in that favorite movie we watch again and again.

Flawless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

women and bike is the best mix ever made on earth!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Love the bike. AND the shoes.

 

Blogger saray said ... (8:50 AM) : 

really goos shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Wow. She is really beautiful.

 

Blogger Shopaholic Homebodies said ... (9:02 AM) : 

She looks very chic...and I'm impressed that she's biking in platform heels!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

This picture makes me want to move to Milano. There is such a romantic air to her and the backdrop. LOVE IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

I just was wondering why this incredible photo you posted in Style was not already here.... Apart from this curious case of telepathy, the photo is awesome

 

Blogger Figmo said ... (9:14 AM) : 

That bike. Those shoes on the pedal. The sunglasses. Kinda perfect.

 

Blogger kerfuffler said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Really fun shoes, especially with the black tights, but a little hard to ride a bike in, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

perfect, everything is perfect here. the bicycle, the shoes, the thights, the dress, the small black sweater over the dress, the trench, the glasses, the hair, the soft smile, the colours, the contest. everything at the right place. well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Great look, especially the shoes. I thought it was Eva Mendez for a second there. Great photo, Sart. The way you fill the background with the building and brick street is genius.

 

Blogger Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said ... (9:32 AM) : 

I just love your photos of stylish bikers! You should come to Tel Aviv where there are lots!

 

Blogger Justin Tyler said ... (9:33 AM) : 

She is so beautiful. I also LOVE her bike. Anyone know where it's from?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:39 AM) : 

WHo says you can't drive a bike with peep toes? Lovely style!And the bike is just marvelous...perhaps heavier than the titanium ones, but much nicer anyway.
X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Yes! sooo chic !! yet, I would like to give a message to several ladies who are bicycling in Paris ( with velolib, more and more are using this kind of transportation ); please, before you get dress in the morning : think about how you are going to look on a bike !!! the view from the back can be HORRIBLE !! so please, be chic, classy, sexy, have fun!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I LOVE this picture!

Does anyone know where the shoes and sunglasses are from???

I think that hair colour is perfect- so neutral and complimentary and natural...its giving me some great ideas.

 

Blogger Andy said ... (10:02 AM) : 

On in italy !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

classy AND riding a bike!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

she's lovely.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I wish New York drivers weren't so nuts behind the wheel, then maybe we would have amazingly dressed cyclists at a higher frequency here too. Love her woven basket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

How she manages to pedal with those wedge heels is a mystery, but the whole effect is smashing.

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Stylish, sweet and green too!

 

Blogger CRF said ... (11:03 AM) : 

You cannot go wrong with two classics- a trench and a wicker basket bike!

 

Blogger sadia said ... (11:04 AM) : 

wow! looks like a still from a movie. she looks timeless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

nice shot. reminds me of Copenhagen Cycle Chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Does anyone know where the trench coat is from?

I've been trying to find a new gray one, but it's such a rare color for a trench.

This one I think is so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

European bike culture is so foreign to most Americans, isn't it? (And I say that as an American ex-pat.) Come on over to Holland where you'll see women riding bikes effortlessly in all kinds of high heels, even stilettos. In the rain. While talking on a cell phone AND balancing a kid on the back of the bike. Since I haven't been riding a bicycle daily since age 3, I haven't braved cycling in heels. I would love to look like this woman in the photo, but I think I'll just start with the trench, ;-)

 

Blogger elena said ... (11:25 AM) : 

wonderfull shoes!
I don't like the piece of thight on the toes, but it's tue that the very dark thights give a touch of chic to her look!

Such an italian morning atmosfere!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

very cute ^__^ is riding in those shoes :o she´s my heroe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Wow she reminds me of Consuela Castiglioni from Marni, only without the head to toe Marni aesthetic! Nice pic, love the basket on the bike!

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (12:31 PM) : 

hey! she's living my life!

or the one i mean to.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (12:33 PM) : 

sophia loren new era

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I see these kind of ladies everyday. You should come to Amsterdam. c'mon scott!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:48 PM) : 

LOVE the basket on her bike !!
In Antwerp I've seen to many of those flowery Kitsch Kitchen-bike bags by now....so this is a very refreshing look for me ....
and lovely lady too !!

 

Blogger Brian said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I bet the Milan Travel & Tourism Board hires a team of gorgeous well-dress models and sends them out to bicycle around town just so visitors can send pics like this back to their friends. I can't think of a better way to improve tourism numbers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Never dreamed of riding my bike in heels. I will now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

mmm she is stunning, as is the scenery. I love this look and NY is filled with it as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Great shoes and sunglasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

So lovely !
She is beautiful, so is her outfit, so is this foto.
Perfect.

 

Blogger Gaby said ... (2:46 PM) : 

She has such a classic yet modern style. Even though she's wearing wedges and a dress she still manages to look beautiful while riding her bike. Very, very impressive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

It's funny to see this level of stylishness on a bike. I'm from Seattle, where fellow cyclists yell at you for not wearing a helmet, day glo safety vest and spandex to ride your measely 10-mile trip to the office.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:57 PM) : 

She looks so stylish & effortless, and even the bike with the wicker basket is gorgeous! Cycling in heels and looking impeccable, that's an impressive feat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

To Justin Livingston: Judging by the straight handlebars, I'd say it's a Jorg + Olif bike.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Beauty????? That is clearly an understatement...

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Riding a bike, with heels on. A girl after my own heart. The composition is lovely, and the front loading basket is a nice little wink.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

I'm so envious that bike riding is so casual in places outside the U.S. Try that here in San Francisco, you will either get flattened by a car, MUNI (the bus line) or other very aggressive bike riders.

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (8:26 PM) : 

It's finally getting bike riding weather in Arizona--love that she's so polished to ride!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Carla, that's hilarious!
Ok, that's it. I have to move to Milan. I love bikes, women, and especially really fashionable women on bikes. This woman must be waiting for me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

the jacket the sunnies the basket. just divine.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (10:23 PM) : 

warning to all who attempt riding in heels...the pedal tends to become wedged in the arch of your shoe...ride at your own risk

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Unfortunately in New Zealand we make cyclists wear a helmet - instantly discouraging anyone with a sense of style or a decent hair-do!

The other day I saw a rebellious young woman cycling on a bike much like this (including basket on the front) wearing a floral dress and with her curls flowing free in the breeze. I'm sure she has been arrested by now.

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (11:31 PM) : 

Adorable.
I also live in san francisco and I dont have troubles with buses, and other aggressive riders (and there's lots) I mind my own business and ride slow, dont blow stop lights and enjoy the view. Im a pacifist, I suppose.
Lovely shot, she has a sweet vibe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

biking in heels and a dress... now that takes real talent! she looks splendid

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (12:04 AM) : 

As a half Dutch woman, I know the culture of biking. As a woman who lives at the beach in California, I know the culture of biking. Here (at the beach) I bike to get a rush, never for pure transportation. I suppose if it was my mode of transportation I might consider a less athletic bike and wear some heels.

I get it. I just think it's weird to ride in heels (maybe that's because I am a speed demon). However, I must say this woman looks fantastic. I do love to see these girls looking so chic riding around town.

I rode to work once, when I worked at WB and lived in Silver Lake. It was a 10 mile ride (one way). I was sweaty. Fortunately I wore bike shorts and a t-shirt and they have a gym to shower at. I only did it once.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Wow- absolute classic Italian chicness and beauty. Love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 AM) : 

she looks like the actress, eva mendes!

anyway, LOVE her shoes.

 

Blogger ManfredKZ said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Beautiful, stylish lady on a wonderful street scene!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

i wonder if that's a wedge...anyhow, beautiful shot! i love the bicycle too, it's amazing how she can ride with wedges!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS GIRL...TIPICAL ITALIAN TOUCH...it's great...who's who?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

If only I looked this good when I cycle! Instead I look like a stressed out klutz!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (3:52 AM) : 

she is so beautiful!
heels and bicycle - thats brave, i think)

 

Blogger Mode Boutique said ... (12:21 PM) : 

this is what i love about europe. i don't think you'd see such a well dressed lady on a bike in the u.s.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

I love the contrast I see in her outfit. The colors are very similar but the simple ruffle and different hues of brown creates this depth that doesn't make her seem like a blob of one color. Also, this picture is very encouraging- I ride my bike to work everyday and feel that Style can be sacrificed because of the idea of riding a bike! Not anymore-I am very encouraged by this women! Biking can be so glorious.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (6:29 PM) : 

She looks absolutely stunning!

 

Blogger Bluetramontana Style said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Si vede che è di Milano!

 

Blogger Lola said ... (12:59 AM) : 

"this is what i love about europe. i don't think you'd see such a well dressed lady on a bike in the u.s."

um..have you not seen all the well dressed ladies on bikes from the photos the sartorialist has taken in new york?

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (3:55 AM) : 

Great picture--I really like the way in which she is biking and stylish. It is rather European: not simply traveling to work, but making it a conscious part of one's daily style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Oh, how I love this picture. I ride my bike daily and would love to look like this...but I have to wear a helmet...the consequences of not wearing one are just too scary!

 

Blogger Chelsea said ... (1:03 PM) : 

As I sit at my desk at work in Chicago, I wish I could be trasplanted to Milano on a bike riding on the brick streets. Eyes closed...
Wonderful picture, perfect outfit, I could image wearing those shoes while riding a bike though, maybe a short distance ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Wow she looks like Eva Mendes. That said she also looks fabulous. No need to look like a mess just because you're on your bike!! Inpirational - and love the shoes and the wicker basket as accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

Wow, Scott. I love all your bicycle pictures. So classy, and love the wicker basket. The atmosphere is lovely and I wished, from here in Kuala Lumpur that the crime & smoke rate was lower so us ladies can ride around looking beautiful in bicycles.

Simply amazing!

 

Blogger Cotton Candy said ... (8:48 PM) : 

this is THE look. the most perfect.

 

Blogger Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said ... (1:04 PM) : 

So long as your shoes have some kind of tread, it's possible to ride in heels. The worst riding time I had ever were in some flat party shoes with no grip. Terrifying.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting