This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Oct. GQ - At The Kanye West Concert

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Oct. GQ - At The Kanye West Concert

Comments on "Oct. GQ - At The Kanye West Concert"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

As always, Sart, the first thing I do when I come into work is check your blog and you never fail me. I love everything about this picture. His mixed patterns, the perfect cut of his suit and the jewelry peeking out under his cuffs. (And it doesn't hurt that he's gorgeous)
Love it!

 

Blogger Michael Rex said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I am really into the the Hip-Hop-Mogul look! I could really rock this! The question is how can I make myself over without a congressional bailout?! I wish I was Will Smith! :-(

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:04 AM) : 

I love that tie. I love the whole thing but I love the tie. And that moody, brooding expression.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Checked shirts and striped suits. Cannot be worn by everyone, but when they're done right... debonnaire.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Too much pattern-mixing for my taste...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I too start my day by seeing what is new on The Sartorialist. The wonderful pictures brighten my day.

 

Blogger spring flowers said ... (9:40 AM) : 

yummy! colors, patterns... polished.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (9:47 AM) : 

What a GREAT tie !! Hermès maybe ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I love his tie/shirt combo! And his stance... and his expression... and his face! Kanye would proud.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

WOW - this guys name is BJ. Really great gent all around. What I like most about the photo and outfit is the seriousness of his face and the whimsy of his tie. The shirt is great - spread collar with a narrowly tied tie. I also like the fact that, if he is wearing a belt, it's not obnoxious and gaudy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:35 AM) : 

he looks like you've interrupted him!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:51 AM) : 

now that's what i'm talking about....with that look on his face he could get anything, i bet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

personally I don't think the tie complements the shirt, and that the shirt doesn't complement the pin-stripe!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Great suit, great shirt, much less impressed by the tie, but maybe I'm just a conservative Milanese...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Nice looking suit and shirt but I don't like the tie at all. The pattern does not go well with the heavily patterned (checked) shirt and the colour isn't very good either. A plain tie (in any colour BUT blue) would look better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Oh my - he's a bit lovely, isn't he?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I love the look he's giving you, "uh, sir, may I ask what you are doing with that camera?"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I just have a couple comments about the line of the suit. First, I wish the jacket was tailored in a little around the waist/ribs...just to add some shape.

Second, he clearly has something in the right pocket of his jacket. Classically, this is wrong, since it "breaks" the line of the suit. However, I am huge on function, and wholly support this. Pockets are meant to be used, not just seen. A suit is meant to be functional as well as stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Hahahahaha, LOVE his facial expression. He knows we're looking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Oooohhh YUuummm!!!!!

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (12:17 PM) : 

To Michael Rex:

Why does it have to be a "hip-hop
mogul" look. Maybe the guy is a laywer or a banker, or a CPA, like me. Will Smith?

To Metscan:

Why is he "a bit" frightening? He is not exactly a thug.

To Anonymous:

Kanye?


People's perceptions are often focused through very narrow prisms.


...Anyway, one pattern too many.
A finely striped shirt would be better. And maybe some waist suppression in the jacket. If you put some glasses on him, add 20 years, and a salt and pepper goatee, that's me, the frightening,
hip-hop, middle aged bean counter.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:26 PM) : 

I love this look...Very clean and classic...It's just something about a man in a good fitting suit!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Yeah. This brotha does it right! Super fine!

Don't assume he's hip hop anything. Ugh. People.

The man could be a real estate sales dude, a wall st. guy or various other suit-wearing men.

Black doesn't always mean entertainment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Why would someone wear this to a Kanye West concert ?

Either way, he's very handsome, and I think the look is interesting for its whimsy factor. I do like the colours and the mix of patterns, but I agree with some that they don't necessarily complement each other well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

To Jazzbuff630,

Very good points (esp to Metscan because that was just ridiculous)but in all fairness he was at the Kanye West concert...and yet I agree...Will Smith...really??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

The checks and stripes are a bit much, and the tie would only work with an unpatterned shirt.

Swap the suit fabric for a charcoal bird's eye, throw in a solid knitted tie in a navy or royal blue, and bob's your uncle.

 

Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Thanks jazzbuff6301

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

jazzbuff, you really made more than a few of us happy with your comments, I was warming up to them myself before I saw you beat me to the punch.
Now, what about the fact that those pants look like they just came off a hanger, ie., we've got some telltale creases on the thighs? But it's such a small pet peeve for an otherwise lovely look.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I am in love!!!!

the man
The look
the style.


Love him.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (6:15 PM) : 

"Thumbs up" to the folks that understand my point here.

This blog is about what people are wearing, and how they are wearing it. Black, white, yellow, purple, gay, straight, bi, polymorhous perverse, extraterrestrial...it doesn't matter, and we shouldn't make arbitrary,superficial,stereotypinglknee-jerk comments, or assume that an individual is an inseparable part of some imagined social-economic monolith. It's 2008 folks.

If your outfit looks good, you get props. If you look like you forgot to take your "meds" before you got dressed that day, I'm going to be worse than Mr. Blackwell.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Yes, yes, thank you jazzbuff. Some of these commenters really need to get out more.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (6:40 PM) : 

I,m not sure about the shirt... really. The suit and the tie are perfect althougth I prefer wider knots on my tie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Kudos to jazzbuff630


Now on to the photo, nice suit, nice shirt,subdued jewlery, all bright spots

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

I love this look. It's very GQ!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:03 AM) : 

What a lovely shade of blue for this man. The mixed patterns with the stripes look so cohesive and prim.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 AM) : 

Jazzbuff630,

I think Anonymous made the Kanye comment because the photo was taken at his concert, and he's generally regarded as a stylish person. You seem to think that the comment was narrow-minded in some way, and I don't interpret it as such. I agree with you completely that the first two comments you addressed had hints of prejudice. Good for you to address that. I just don't think Anonymous meant the comment in the way that you interpreted it.

By the way, I'm not the same Anonymous. Just to make that clear ;)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:43 AM) : 

Good lord that tie is crispy.

Ummp. Ummp. Delish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

a plea for not using "yummy" anymore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 AM) : 

I love this look. He's a perfect example of what men's wear should be about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Tie and single cuff?

I am guessing this is more of a nod to the off-the-peg suit, tom-foolery cluttering up him wrist and the use of his Crackberry on the street.

(Jazzbuff - well said, some of you folk need to have a word with yourselves).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

He is trying to look important

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I love the look on this guy. The colours compliments is complexion remarkably well. It does not hurt that this man is deliciously sexy!!! darn!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

love suite but love the attitude even more!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

This is the classic US look of 2008.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:05 PM) : 

jazzbuff630 said...pretty much what was on my mind. yeah, that comment bothered me too and i was getting ready to say as much, but you beat me to it.

a said...
Why would someone wear this to a Kanye West concert ?

why wouldn't someone wear this to a kanye west concert? maybe that's how he happens to like to see himself dressed?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:27 PM) : 

looks like he's checking the dow :) he's gorgeous. pic, as usual, is flawless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Hey Jazzbuff630 -

Are you always so passionate? Or is it that you Cancerians wear their feelings so openly?

There is a lot of psychology in your profile. I'd bet you do what you do for a living just to make a living.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 AM) : 

If I'm not mistaken I went to High School with him and I don't wanna say his name because that's not what this is about...I just assisted a stylist on a major editorial shoot where she gave me the responsibility of styling of the second client. I so mixed the patterns between the shirt and the tie also the pocket square. Which if he is a accountant or works for a major corporation, it shows he takes risks. His suit could be a little more fitted cause he has a slimmer physique, but otherwise he is cool and sharp. Also he recognized who you were and so posed for this photo. Or maybe that was his steez previous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 AM) : 

awh can i have him ... damn

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

hot

 

Blogger Dee's Exotic Hair said ... (8:40 AM) : 

OhmGah!1 He looks looks great! Looks like he understands that looking good IS good business...

:-D

 

Blogger Dee's Exotic Hair said ... (9:21 AM) : 

He's such a handsome young man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Yes a great look, but spoiled by a badly fitted suit (off-the-peg I guess) and a bulge in the suit pocket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Sexy boy!!!
Yum, great style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 AM) : 

looks good in the pic. but in reality the combo doesn't work!!!

 

Blogger The Ghost of Jerry Reed said ... (10:39 PM) : 

good shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

No dears. It just doesn't work for me. This is an 80s/90s cut for the coat!!. Low button placement, low lapels. Not the trousers though, very nowish!! While it looks like its a great combo shirt/tie(navy/aqua) I tend to think that the two blues aren't working well together. Just trying hard to divert from the disastrous coat. Hard labor cannot compensate for naturalness and simplicity.
xavier

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

well, obviously.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting