This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Dries Van Noten

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 03, 2008

At Dries Van Noten


Love , Love the boots!

Comments on "At Dries Van Noten"

 

Blogger stick said ... (4:01 AM) : 

Santa, since you're coming soon, put those on my list, please - they're great.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Not only the boots, I love all of it!

 

Blogger sis said ... (4:33 AM) : 

Boots are great, and the soft round shoulders of the jacket. It looks comfortable and stylish at the same time.

 

Blogger saray said ... (4:43 AM) : 

ohh i love the boots too!

 

Blogger Nancy said ... (4:51 AM) : 

And I love how he didn't tie them all the way up!

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (5:10 AM) : 

Beautiful boots,
I like the way he's wrapped the laces around to show off the leather around the top.
Certainly brings an edgyness to the whole outfit.
Rhys

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

I know his name is Antonio and that he works for Dries.
Does anybody know anything else?
He's breathtaking.
And he cut his hair, looks good. Very good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 AM) : 

Gorgeous photo! Love the boots, the little bow-tie with the pale blue shirt and his pepper and salt hair. What a handsome man.

 

Blogger Angie said ... (5:36 AM) : 

Yes, the boots are amazing. So unexpected with the bow tie. His haircut. The light blue shirt. It's like I want to giggle and take notes at the same time.

 

Blogger magia1980 said ... (5:42 AM) : 

O I agree that the boots are amazing.

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (5:46 AM) : 

CLASS! LOVE THIS! Wow, this is maybe my favourite shot ever from your blog! Who is this guy? And yes, I adore the boots too, especially the laces knotted on the side... everything is superb here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 AM) : 

Love, Love all of him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

who is he?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 AM) : 

love it. agnelli style :)

 

Blogger zilch said ... (6:28 AM) : 

Me, too! I am so glad that menswear is always getting more interesting day by day thanks to some fierce styling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 AM) : 

Hmmm, love that one!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Love the haircut

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 AM) : 

Love the whole man.

 

Blogger Daniela Saza said ... (8:18 AM) : 

that is STYLE!
I love how the boots are a completely different kind of style from his suit but it still works.

 

Blogger e l l e said ... (8:27 AM) : 

I absolutely adore this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

The boots may work in the cool metropolitan exotic big city worn by a cool metropolitan exotic big city dude because he says it's cool. You can find those style boots in Wal-Mart.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Agree almost 100%- the color, and the quality of the leather and manufacture make them a great piece. Personally, I have stayed away from the "lace-up" boots that have a zipper on the side- it feels like cheating to me. I picked up a pair of battered vintage Luccheses at a thrift store in this same color, and although it took a while to get used to, I now wear them all the time!!! Love the shirt also, is that a white line running down the edge of the placket? Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger mette said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Yes the boots look fine and the guy is very chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Agreed, the boots rock. Like the whole look, especially the bow tie, except I think the bow tie should be a contrasting color - not loud, but not 'lost' either.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Just be wary of men in bow ties ... The boots are nice, who's going to fuss about the color of his socks?

 

Blogger Stoner Lines said ... (8:52 AM) : 

The boots are cool, but such a miss-match to the clothes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

love the colour of the boots, the zips on the side, the nonchalant way the laces are tied.. and his slightly wonky bowtie, gracefully greying hair and no wedding ring hmmm (sorry! couldn't help but notice - and yes, I am a woman :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

In what universe do those boot go with the rest of the ensemble?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

YUM! He is one fine classic man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Amazing.
Everything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Is that satin edging on the button-placket on the shirt? It's subtle, because the color matches the shirt's color. It's a nice bit of flash. Satin usually looks feminine (to me), but in this case it is restrained (just one edge of the placket) so I think it works.
That small detail makes the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Genius. The light blue shirt, the fit of the suit and size of the bowtie all together make the perfect contrast for these amazing boots. I love the color of the laces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

I adore the boots...just not so sure about the boots with the tuxedo. I think black tie is about understated elegance and the boots pop a lil too much for me.

 

Blogger . . . said ... (9:43 AM) : 

I swoon over a man in a bow tie - but only when done in this chic way, not the uber preppy, southern boy way. The boots nicely juxtapose this "dressed up" look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

best Coordinate!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

i love the boots, too...especially the colour.

 

Blogger mich431 said ... (9:44 AM) : 

me too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Make that three loves - Love, love, LOVE the boots!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:47 AM) : 

This is both challenging and inspiring. I love the boots, too, for instance; But do I love or hate them with the suit? Initially I had the same brief ambivalence about the bowtie and the piping (looks like) on the shirt- fabulous or precious? It didn't take long to decide to love it, he's being adventurous and unconventional and that's inspiring and initally unsettling, all of which is good in my opinion. As with fashion in general, it never hurts your look to look really good yourself, either. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

This photo has a timeless quality: probably because of the boots (which could be 19thC. or now!) and bow-tie. The man happens to be absolutely gorgeous and I like the rich brown of the boots against the dark colours.

 

Blogger morethanamailbox said ... (10:17 AM) : 

The boots are might fine, indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Winter 2008 Dries boots ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Who cares about the boots with such an handsome man like him? ;)

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:39 AM) : 

boots
loves
simply too fabulous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

i only wish i could be like this man when i am older. but alas, i do not have the money to buy all these things!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I'm in love with bow ties. This one is great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

He looks like George Clooney!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:51 AM) : 

It is defenetly very classy. Those boots and the whole combo, just perfect I would say. Wish to find boots like those.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

it's GREAT! love the boots, too. love his bowtie, brown with black, hair, way he's sitting, cut of suit. he's my dream man. today anyway.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:19 AM) : 

love love love everything!

 

Blogger CRF said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I want to marry a man who wears a bow-tie.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:02 PM) : 

It's like 1930 Chicago Tribune by day/Ukrainian Folk Dancer by night - Together at last! Yes love the boost and the man wearing them.

 

Blogger Franki Skye said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Wow, like - marry me! :)

www.frankiskye.com

 

Blogger May Kasahara said ... (12:23 PM) : 

the color on that leather is AMAZING!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Shhhh...don't speak too loud you'll disturb my dream.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I like the overall look except for the bow tie. Bow ties should be left to clowns and to waiters (no offense ... these are honorable professions). In the case of the man in this picture, however, I find that it cheapens the otherwise excellent overall appearance.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I would sell my left nut for those boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Who cares if the boots go with the rest of the ensemble? Fashion is as much about mix and match as about a complete picture. I would much rather see those boots than some traditionally stylish black leather shoes.

Plus, if he were looking at me with those eyes, he could wear anything he pleased.

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (1:22 PM) : 

What a very cool look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Beautiful man.
Beautiful bow tie.
Beautiful blue cuff.
Beautiful boots.
All beautifully shot.

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (2:32 PM) : 

this is fantastic.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Those boots are fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Lovely boots. What makes it so interesting is its color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

My thoughts exactly: LOVE those boots! I've been trying to find some good boots for this fall/winter season and I haven't been very successful.

 

Blogger Michael Joseph Owens said ... (3:41 PM) : 

He's lovely. And it's also a beautifully composed shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

love everything.
confidence really is the best accessory; it's the only way to pull off a look like this.

he is the epitome of sexy. and probably twice my age! oh well.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:58 PM) : 

like the subtle pattern of the fabric.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

So, if I were to do this, what color belt?

matching boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

The smoking combined with those boots!! Thats what I love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

seriously, all black with brown shoes or a brown belt is absolutely genius! on of my favorite things to do in an outfit. those boots are magnificent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I disagree with you, guys. I would never combine dark suit with brown shoes. Why? Cause it just doesn't look nice. Even worn by italians.

 

Blogger Tânia N. said ... (7:50 PM) : 

WE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE BOOTS!

 

Blogger sam said ... (8:08 PM) : 

this blog is amazing...please read mine!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of the boots... He does look cute though...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

That's how I tie mine. Two eyelets down from the top. I hope they had low riding heels, as that'd be my preference with the bow-tie. White Boots in Spokane, WA can custom-make this kind of boot. His pants seem like they might be a tad short, unless he's going for the "clerk" look.

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (11:14 PM) : 

We're about a half a second away from steampunk territory here. Check his pockets for goggles.

I tend to agree that zips w/ lacings is a little peculiar, but without a clear side view of the boots, it's hard to tell if the zips have been integrated well with the design of the boot - my guess is that they have.

Beautiful grooming never goes un-noticed.

The setting and composition of the photo are fabulous - the bleacher seats are unexpected, not dead level (which somehow reflects the look), and fade back into mystery (which somehow reflects the man).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 AM) : 

I think it looks ridiculous. Wrong type of boot for this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

GRACE!

first word that came to my mind.

LOVELY!

is the second.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

Yum - he looks totally appropriate and comfortable in his look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

What a good looking man. His look is just a perfect blend of classic and edgy. Worn with relaxed ease and comfort.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:34 PM) : 

He made me think of Alessandro Safina, the Italian tenor....same classy style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

i know a lot about that guy!!!!
he works for Dries, he lives in London, ...
if anyone is interested, his name is Antonio Picardi, you can add him on facebook!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

ok. ok. the boots already! does anyone have a clue as to who makes them and where i can get them??

 

Blogger Rich said ... (10:56 PM) : 

the boots are fantastic, and he gets points for flaunting the blue/grey socks, and tying the boots at a comfortable height. but they seem like a rebellion against the suit, which, though nicely tailored, is really rather boring, as is the tie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 PM) : 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look. The brown boots with the dark suit almost says "screw you" to fashion rules, kind of like the expression on his face. And the bow tie, the bow tie is game, set and match!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

nice job sar!

I wanted to thank you for all the inspiring images you did for vogue too. What are we going to do without you???!!!

big kisses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

fucking great...

 

Blogger londondog said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Absolute perfection. The implied imbalance between the bow tie (very hard look to pull off outside the dinner jacket or the old professor in tweeds situation), pointed out in some of the comments, and the boots is in fact a very strong, confident statement that makes the look very 'together' and very convincing.

Mind you, personally I am all for breaking convention, as long as it's done with conviction and the gentlemen here pulls it off impeccably.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

I'm in love.

Miriam

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

The boots are fabulous of course, but this look works so well in the sum of all its parts. This is true style, when nothing jars yet makes a quiet statement. Great eye again Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO MAKES THOSE BOOTS?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

this reminds me of my skin head friends when they want to be fancy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

respect

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:49 AM) : 

Absolutely love them! He looks soo cool...in fact, he reminds me Dan from Dsquared right? He's got a little bit of his flavour although is not that risky...
Nice shoes anyway!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 AM) : 

Great shot.
I think black shoes are so boring. It's great to cheer up a formal suit with different shoes.
The bow tie is great ( not easy to wear ).
As for the haircut, great.
I am in Paris, looking for a barber, and I have a hard time.
Tips are welcome for those who know a REAL barber in Paris!
Diego Montoya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love him! If I didn't already have a boyfriend who looks like that then I'd defo want him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

He could leave those boots under my bed anytime . . . . .

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Sart, i must thank you. because of this picture, last night I went and bought a pair of black Kenneth Cole boots that are a cross between the ones in the pic and the boots worn by all the dior models at Hedi's last show. I can't wait to figure out an outfit to wear them with
Thankyou!

 

Blogger Charlene Marie said ... (9:55 PM) : 

The boots ARE gorgeous!

 

Blogger Bluetramontana Style said ... (9:01 AM) : 

yes, i like.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (2:30 PM) : 

i'm in love with him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Mais... C'est moi! Merci bien.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I just good new boots, Filippa K.

Close but not as good as these.

 

Blogger thwany said ... (12:32 AM) : 

the boots are amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

seriously. does anyone know more about theses awesome boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Love it all, but suspect I may be missing something. Why do we think the boots have zips?

And the biggy. Where can I buy a pair?

 

Blogger PopMachineUK said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Did anyone find out who makes these boots? There are some boots that look similar by Kenneth Cole but I don't those are the ones he's wearing as they don't have a zip.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:35 AM) : 

agreed, altogether fantastic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Just before going out a few days ago I looked at this photo. I was wearing almost the very same thing. From the rosy boots to the little bow tie. My hair is even cut very similarly, although I'm years from any distinguished greys. I'm going to pretend the comments are about my outfit.

 

Blogger Manolo said ... (3:35 AM) : 

What more to say ?... The photo speaks for itself. This man would look handsome in probably just about anything anyway, but still he takes it one step ahead of everyone in such a silent, discreet kind of way that I am simply stunned. In actual fact I am not so fond of the boots on their own, I just find the whole outfit to be a general compliment to him (and vice versa !) Bravo...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Forget the boots, where is the suit from?

 

Blogger S. said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Such elegance... sometimes it's really not about what you wear... he could reallyw ear anything and outshine everyone in the room.

I am in love. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

wow what a guy!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Those boots are one of the coolest pairs I've seen in ages. Maybe I should have it custom made.

 

Anonymous man and van London said ... (2:30 PM) : 

WOW! *Speechless*

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting