This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....White Dress & Feathers, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 19, 2008

On the Street.....White Dress & Feathers, NYC


almost like an 80's Flapper

Comments on "On the Street.....White Dress & Feathers, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

An angel in Bryant Square!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:56 AM) : 

LOVE the shoes and all the hardware on the purse. I bet the women will let us know if it is too much hard-core for one outfit, but my ignorant opinion is that it's fabulously put together! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

The color of the feathers fit perfect with color & style of her shoes. My, that's marvellous!

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (9:07 AM) : 

What a gorgeous shot! Do people really walk around looking this good? I'm going to make more of an effort today...

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (9:17 AM) : 

I love this from head to toe!

 

Blogger Steph said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Oh.My.God. THOSE SHOES. I need them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

I love the detail in the hair.

 

Blogger Gia said ... (9:27 AM) : 

theat's what i call a clean look:)she has that thing in her hair which brings something bold to the whole outfit...what i love the most are those romanic sandals with that golden-metallic look:)

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (9:29 AM) : 

I love her look. This is an ensemble I would wear. I like the way her accessories tie-in together. Fun and delightful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

That's amazing! I usually have a strong aversion to this type of overly trendy dress, but this particular woman looks completely angelic and fabulous. She's probably exactly what was in mind when this style came into fashion.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:43 AM) : 

I love her face and the lighting on it. Vaguely reminds me of Josephine Baker, probably enhanced by the feathers and "Flapper" aspect you mentioned. An adventurous approach that paid off. There's a softness about it, even with the bold shoes and the big bag, that's lovely

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Those are lovely shoes... also whatever she's wearing on her hair complements the look vey well.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:00 AM) : 

that is one of my headpieces!!

charmschooldesign.etsy.com

so exciting to spot it "in the wild"...and looking so fab.

 

Blogger Jill Turner said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Did you take this before or after Labor Day?

And what is your opinion about observing the rule of white only to be worn between Easter and Labor Day??

-Jill

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:07 AM) : 

quite tulip dress!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Too costumey for my taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Oh yes! I'm loving this, particularly composition of her look - the horizontal lines on the sandals, vertical lines on the dress and then horizontal in the headpiece. Beautiful palette of colours works so well with her skin. Lovely understated outfit altogether and caught in a wonderful reflective mood by you. Well done!

 

Blogger JULIANA B said ... (10:26 AM) : 

What a great look! Those sandals are marvellous... Everything is fine together. And the photograph is perfect! How I'd like to be in NY...

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:51 AM) : 

beautiful non-posed picture!!

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (11:03 AM) : 

What a beautiful picture. It looks so calm and peaceful. She looks gorgeous :)

 

Blogger Sara Szatmary said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I love the light in this photo Sart. Well done as usual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Delicious Perfection! I wanna come back as her in my next life!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

oh wow anything to bring flapper-style forward. brilliant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

It looks so great on her, and the moment you caught her is just perfect. I love this pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

That dress is made for her! Look how nicely it hangs on her body. Excellent.

D.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

she indeed looks angelic. and thanks for an unskinny woman pic!

 

Blogger Haiku runner said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Oh, I just love love love this outfit!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

I could live for 1000 years and would've never thought of this look. Looks effortless, very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

wow the light is amazing.
her shoes and headpiece too.

 

Blogger trinity said ... (1:36 PM) : 

I love it. I love that the hair complements the dress so well. The whole look is fun and fresh in a throwback sort of way.

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (1:54 PM) : 

i love the photography and the natural~ness in the picture
fashion wise it doesn't appeal much to me
i think its a tad shabby

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Very unexpected shapes here. She looks great, but not everyone could pull it off.

I love the feather!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

does anyone know who that dress is by/where its from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I saw headpieces just like this only a couple days ago - absolutely beautiful to wear! A bit on the pricey side though.
The shoes are divine

 

Blogger miró said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I am so into feathers right now! (They were everywhere at Galeries Laffayette)
I just got a great cuff at AngelicaDebiase.com and I'm thinking about a headpiece or a head band too!

Love this look!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I love the look but I have to say it is a little too youthful on her for my taste. Although she clearly has a beautiful lithe body (those legs!), that bubble dress rarely flatters anyone over 20.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

One of my girlfriends bought this dress this last summer. It is from Forever21.

 

Blogger Johanne said ... (5:34 PM) : 

This must be the best dressed angel ever. Lovely outfit:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

delightful repetition of lines and gentle curves. is this at the Shake Shack?

 

Blogger Nina (Femme Rationale) said ... (8:34 PM) : 

oh wow. very billie holiday-esque.

 

Blogger Miranda said ... (8:51 PM) : 

she's beautiful!
very ethereal. great pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

the cohesion is amazing. eclectic and beautiful.

...but please, no more shoes that look remotely like gladiators. PLEASE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

What a great dress! It fits her so well.

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (9:44 PM) : 

love love LOVE this!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

My mom would have said, "That's quite a get-up." I love the dress, I love the headpiece, I love the gladiboots. Quite a get-up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Nice outfit. Would be nice if the umbrella would be summarized. lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

she is simply beautiful. I love the way she is studying what she's holding; & the way the sun is hitting her. she could easily be in a vintage photograph or a vermeer painting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

i miss new york. there's just something about it that l.a. doesn't have...

 

Blogger Blake said ... (5:21 AM) : 

My gosh, The fit, the grace.. wow.
B.L.A.K.E, fairy queen

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

How beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Divine !

 

Blogger SOS! said ... (1:40 PM) : 

The whole look is lovely, but my favorite piece has to be the hairpiece.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Looks like Billie Holiday just stepped out of a time machine, lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I'm looking for a dress like it! But...what has she on the hair? mmm....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

the forever 21 comment got me. i was reading all the comments and thinking how has not one person mentioned how cheap this outfit looks? i thought i was crazy but now it all makes sense. even if it is not actually from forever 21 it certainly gives me that vibe. the whole outfit looks cheap and trendy in the worst possible way. however this photograph seems to place it in the best light possbile and she looks beautiful. what a beautiful girl in an unfortunate outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

i love how she is obvs. not a skinny, skinny model its soo refreshing!
she is a beaut!
congrats sart, fab job!!

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (6:25 AM) : 

This is so great, and the shoes are amazing.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (6:57 AM) : 

Lovely, simply perfect but everything about her and her style is so beautifully enhanced by an amazing composition of this photograph. THe leaves, the light... Indian Summer in NYC

Stellar job Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 AM) : 

the shoes are jeffrey campbell, you can buy them from -
http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=40847&VendorCode=JEF

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (4:53 PM) : 

I love her feathered hairdo! It does the whole outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

absolutely fantabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Yes, the dress is from Forever21- I saw it there just a couple of moths ago- and the shoes are Jeffrey Campbell, which can be found at Urban Outfitters online right now. I love seeing people make the most of limited income. You could never tell, she looks beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

this is adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 AM) : 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! that's me in that picture. I totally didn't think I'd see myself on here. This is really exciting and an honor to know that I know a lil something about fashion. Thanks Mr. Schuman!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:04 AM) : 

Pascha, you rocked that outfit as usual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Is that Kelis?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Her clothes are amazing, but it's the lighting and the setting of this shot that makes me want to be there.

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (3:51 PM) : 

I love this look and those gladiator sandals really makes the outfit pop. Her sandles are more along the Rock and Roll line of gladiator sandles versus romantic.

I can see the platnium haired editor at American Elle or Carrine wearing these sandals with a great leather motorcycle jacket. But the lady featured in the pic did an excellent job with the shoes, in giving them a softer look and appeal.

 

Blogger amyw said ... (9:48 PM) : 

i want that dress. floaty and easy and gorgeous. so effortless yet so put together.

 

Blogger McFilibuster said ... (12:43 AM) : 

I love the fascinator. Such classic style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Is that feather in her hair from Charm School Design on Etsy? I picked up their card at a jazz festival on Gov. Island back in June and fell in love with their designs. So much so that I blogged about them! Overall, cute outfit!

 

Blogger TheShoeGirl said ... (5:25 PM) : 

wow... this photo is beautiful.

nice work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I love her shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

essential.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

This is an AHMAZING outfit!!! I plan to be on this list and have a rockin outfit! This is soooo pretty!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

I just love her!!!

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (4:18 PM) : 

I never really like the Gladiator sandals, but they're kinda growing on me...idk

 

Blogger That Girl Ang said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Absolutely stunning photograph!

 

Blogger Gypsy Hawk said ... (3:54 PM) : 

The shoes are by Jeffrey Campbell, they're called the "Marly" and the color is Old Gold. I have a shoe store and we sell them here.

 

Anonymous victoria karkoulas said ... (9:42 PM) : 

the light is stunning...she absolutely glows

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting